PDA

View Full Version : Another Noob question. Controller Designations/Default...

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 11:57 PM
Been getting used to the controller configurations and plane responses to adjustments. Got somewhat comfy and decided to start toying with some more advanced things, look at the reference sheet, and it says "user defined." Hmmm. Then I look at how I have the adjustments defined in the game, and, well, it ISN'T defined. So, basically I haven't been able to make these adjustments even if I wanted to by using the installed default (stuff as basic as bomber sights).

So, where do most of you have various functions configured on your keyboard? How many things have you left undefined? What do you think is the most important feature that is left undefined on the defaul?

Thanks!

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 11:57 PM
Been getting used to the controller configurations and plane responses to adjustments. Got somewhat comfy and decided to start toying with some more advanced things, look at the reference sheet, and it says "user defined." Hmmm. Then I look at how I have the adjustments defined in the game, and, well, it ISN'T defined. So, basically I haven't been able to make these adjustments even if I wanted to by using the installed default (stuff as basic as bomber sights).

So, where do most of you have various functions configured on your keyboard? How many things have you left undefined? What do you think is the most important feature that is left undefined on the defaul?

Thanks!

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 12:04 AM
To configure them in game go esc controls then look down the list to what you want to set, where the others have like return etc as the key command on the one u want that is blank click the mouse it opens a window press the key you want and its set.

then at botom save them and close it job done, in the offline go into hotas and do it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 12:10 AM
I'm good on HOW to change them, but didn't know you could do it in-flight. Thanks for the tip. I'm just curious what most of you have actually changed them to. How do you have your controls set up?

Which ones that come undefined in the default do you use most? Before I give every little detail a designation, I'd like to start out with the ones most frequently used.

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 12:14 AM
i have a throttle and joy stick.

so i have set all the weapons under carriage flaps trim and weapons on it as well as external views,

all i really need on the keyboard is w but i should set that on my stick as well /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif