PDA

View Full Version : Storyline Downhill? (Possible Spoilers)

DantasyFantasy
01-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Does anybody else feel that the storyline in ACB is the worst so far? To me it just seemed very pointless, as if they had to put in all this extra stuff for no reason just to throw you into the final battle. In AC2 it was about eliminating those responible for the murder of your family, but in ACB almost every mission lacks purpose in my opinion. Let me know what you think.

kriegerdesgottes
01-03-2011, 09:24 PM
That's what happens when a company gets money hungry and tries to bleed a franchise to death with yearly renditions of a game instead of taking the necessary time to make a real full game. I knew ACB would be good because they basically recycled ACII and made it way better but this isn't gonna fly on a whole new setting and ancestor. ACII took two years to make and look how much they left out. It wasn't even replayable as a consequence and now they want to push these things out yearly? It makes me so sad to think about it.

Jack-Reacher
01-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Not only that but the future story is getting crazier as well, i have a feeling they are making it up as they go...

flyingeaglemile
01-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I agree very much, I also didn`t care that much about killing Cesare (or any of the other people), where as with Rodrigo I couldn`t wait to kill him. I just didn`t know enough about them or who they are to actually want them dead. They should of had a mission where you listen in on Cesare and the others discussing their plan to betray Rodrigo and take over Italy.

Avl521
01-03-2011, 10:00 PM
You should post this on the feedback thread.

DeanOMiite
01-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I agree. The story in ACB is pretty weak. And even the big moments aren't delivered all that well.

******** SPOILERS ********

I think the point I was most disappointed at was when you crash in the Castel St Angelo and you're watching Cesare and Rodrigo fight each other with the poisoned apple. I really hoped that the death of Rodrigo Borgia would be this great big Epic event (that Ezio should have actually had a hand in, btw) but instead he just kinda died without much more than a whimper, and the drama of the scene was then executed by Cesare and Luchrezzia (spelling???) in kinda of a dispassionate way...I mean, neither character was developed that well (especially Luchrezzia) and it made me feel nothing when Cesare slapped her and ran off after the Apple.

Even more disappointing, I'm sad that we didn't get to meet up more with some great characters from AC2. I really really liked Rosa and I always wanted Ezio to go after HER instead of Caterina Sforza...but they chose Sforza for the AC2 DLC and for the ACB main story, but then they didn't develop it AT ALL...I mean, she gets kidnapped, Ezio carries her back to the hideout and then she rides off, never to be heard from again? That was weak. And I was sad we didn't get to see more of Antonio too, speaking of thieves from Venice. And, while I'm glad they incorporated Leonardo into this game, I would have liked to see him more.

And ON TOP OF THAT, the returning characters we DID get were La Volpe and Bartolomeo, each of whom only really starred in one sequence each throughout AC2? I was really disappointed that those were the characters we got more of...especially La Volpe...YAWN.

At least they developed Claudia more...but even the way they did THAT...Ezio returns to the Rosa in Fiore to find dead people all around with Claudia holding a dagger and he's like "Oh snap you can weild a blade", then they say nothing it about again...then she's initiated as a master assassin. Like...WTF???

I love the additional gameplay elements like recruiting assassins and sending them around and rebuilding the city and the combat (while still WAY too easy) is really really enjoyable given all that you can do, and I enjoy the setting of Rome...but storywise and characterwise, this game really just isn't a worthy successor to AC2. In a lot of ways it just feels like a monstrous DLC package for AC2 more than it feels like it's own game.

I will say this though, in a response to the OP...I think ACB is still better than the first game. If it wasn't for the initial wow factor of medeival parkour, I don't think I would have cared for the game...but it DID have that wow factor, so that's what I was married too before I tired of the weak combat system and the repetitive mission structure and the fact that the story is 100% advanced through dialogue and not action.

ACB's story is weaker than the original, but it's told in a better way...it just feels like a train wreck because AC2 was an absolutely 100% no-doubt-about-it masterpiece.

Avl521
01-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by DeanOMiite:
I agree. The story in ACB is pretty weak. And even the big moments aren't delivered all that well.

******** SPOILERS ********

I think the point I was most disappointed at was when you crash in the Castel St Angelo and you're watching Cesare and Rodrigo fight each other with the poisoned apple. I really hoped that the death of Rodrigo Borgia would be this great big Epic event (that Ezio should have actually had a hand in, btw) but instead he just kinda died without much more than a whimper, and the drama of the scene was then executed by Cesare and Luchrezzia (spelling???) in kinda of a dispassionate way...I mean, neither character was developed that well (especially Luchrezzia) and it made me feel nothing when Cesare slapped her and ran off after the Apple.

<span class="ev_code_RED">The way this happened was to be consistent with the actual historical timelines. Rodrigo Borgia died in 1503: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Cesare was preparing for another expedition in August 1503 when, after he and Alexander had dined with Cardinal Adriano da Corneto on August 6, they were taken ill with fever. Cesar eventually recovered, but Alexander VI was too old to have any chance." So the death was consistent with the actual death.

Same with Caterina, they explain she was with Ezio to reclaim her power in Forli, and then went to his children again.</span>

Even more disappointing, I'm sad that we didn't get to meet up more with some great characters from AC2. I really really liked Rosa and I always wanted Ezio to go after HER instead of Caterina Sforza...but they chose Sforza for the AC2 DLC and for the ACB main story, but then they didn't develop it AT ALL...I mean, she gets kidnapped, Ezio carries her back to the hideout and then she rides off, never to be heard from again? That was weak. And I was sad we didn't get to see more of Antonio too, speaking of thieves from Venice. And, while I'm glad they incorporated Leonardo into this game, I would have liked to see him more.

<span class="ev_code_RED">We still don't know who Ezio has children with, so Rosa is the only candidate now that Cristina and Caterina are gone. We might still see Rosa in DLC OR the next game, kinda like how Maria Thorpe disappeared in AC1 but then appeared again in AC: Bloodlines and to bear Alta´r's son in AC2.</span>

And ON TOP OF THAT, the returning characters we DID get were La Volpe and Bartolomeo, each of whom only really starred in one sequence each throughout AC2? I was really disappointed that those were the characters we got more of...especially La Volpe...YAWN.

<span class="ev_code_RED">The reason for these returning characters is that they are actually assassins, and with their help the brotherhood is restablished in Rome.</span>
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's all I have to say.

RzaRecta357
01-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the series. Played them each 3 times. AC1 5 times as storywise it's amazing. The way the conversations took place with the glitches was awesome. I found AC2 boring from the point Vieri goes down until you reach the ending parts in Venice.

ACB wasn't meant to wow you and they've said that. They've probably been working on the next ancestor and ideas since before ACB. Engine is pretty much in place for parkour and what not.

The story was awesome for what it was about. It was meant to show Ezio rebuilding the brotherhood which was done pretty well. Also to advance Desmond which was also done well.

DeanOMiite
01-03-2011, 11:02 PM
I don't disagree with anything you said there Avl, but I think they could have incorporated the actual history better. I mean...I know that Ezio couldn't have killed Rodrigo at the end of AC2 because that's not what actually happened to Pope Alexander, it would have been dumb to kill him...but in the sense of me playing my video game in front of my tv, i was still disappointed. I mean...Ezio does carry poison with him, so he and Rodrigo could have still had some dialogue there and Ezio could have finished him off with the poison...would have made my experience better and still be plausible with history.

I also get why Caterina went back to Forli...my only issue is that...she was a heavy weight in the AC2 DLC and they tried to establish her as a love interest in that game and at the beginning of ACB so to me it's like...if you're going to make her that kind of character, you can't just have her gallop off anticlimactically in this game. In my opinion you either have to a) give her something more dramatic before she leaves (and she does have to leave, I get that) for Forli OR b) you can't build her character up in that way. If she was just someone Ezio ran into and was affiliated with for a little while (Teodora Contanto or Paola for example) then I wouldn't have been disappointed by either her anticlimactic exit or her complete ommission from the story. The way it was done was, at best, arbitrary.

And on La Volpe and Bartolomeo returning because they were assassins. Antonio was an assassin too. So like...I guess I would just prefer that if they brought one back, they bring them all back and that, if they were going to choose, I would have preferred better characters than La Volpe and Bartolomeo. I guess I can live with Bartolomeo, at least he's fun even though he plays a very small role in AC2...but La Volpe bores me...even when they develop him in ACB he bores me.

And I hope you're right about Rosa. I really liked her and she and Ezio could make some super-crazy parkour-loving spider-baby assassins!

Kaxen6
01-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
Not only that but the future story is getting crazier as well, i have a feeling they are making it up as they go...

Yeah...

Avl521
01-04-2011, 01:02 AM
I still think this should all be in the feedback thread.

Well according to an interview I saw, the guys have control over the story and plot and even all the subjet 16 mysteries, so if we go by that it is POSSIBLE that the story is already written.

And to DeanOmiite:
I understand your point as well, and don't necessarily disagree with it. But I think Brotherhood for what it was, was an awesome game.
The only thing that HUGELY disappointed me was Cristina's death... If anything I loved Cristina even more than Rosa, so the overall outcome with Cristina left me perplexed and a bit enraged.

Now that she's gone though, it's time for Rosa to make her come back and give birth to <STRIKE>Peter Parker</STRIKE> Ahem... Alessandro Auditore... (That's how I'd call him :P)

Xanatos2007
01-04-2011, 02:08 AM
Somehow I suspected this would happen when Patrice & Corey lost the reigns.

mojsarn
01-04-2011, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Avl521:
I still think this should all be in the feedback thread.

Well according to an interview I saw, the guys have control over the story and plot and even all the subjet 16 mysteries, so if we go by that it is POSSIBLE that the story is already written.

And to DeanOmiite:
I understand your point as well, and don't necessarily disagree with it. But I think Brotherhood for what it was, was an awesome game.
The only thing that HUGELY disappointed me was Cristina's death... If anything I loved Cristina even more than Rosa, so the overall outcome with Cristina left me perplexed and a bit enraged.

Now that she's gone though, it's time for Rosa to make her come back and give birth to <STRIKE>Peter Parker</STRIKE> Ahem... Alessandro Auditore... (That's how I'd call him :P)

I would say that they have the story finished, atleast in their heads all the way to the games ending.
I think that things fit together to well for them to just make things up under the process.
They mentioned TWCB in the first game after all.....

madjedo1
01-04-2011, 05:29 AM
It is obvious they are milking it....

I get most of it, bunch of conspiracy waka waka theories and people trying to dominate the world....

Biggest problem with ACB was the renaissance story connection with the future story.... Not much connection at all except for mumbojumbo dialogues.

And I definitely felt that they are just making up the story as they go... I mean Juno and someother mystic god? Who expected that playing AC I? Where... i dont see it... not even a hint...

Another problem is... The future story progresses ZERO % (did u understand anything of the "Truth puzzles"?) througout the game until the very last mission when Juno shows up and starts babbling about some stuff that we don't even understand anyways...

kriegerdesgottes
01-04-2011, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Somehow I suspected this would happen when Patrice & Corey lost the reigns. corey is still there though but I do very much fear the future without patrice.

mojsarn
01-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by madjedo1:

I get most of it, bunch of conspiracy waka waka theories and people trying to dominate the world....

Biggest problem with ACB was the renaissance story connection with the future story.... Not much connection at all except for mumbojumbo dialogues.

And I definitely felt that they are just making up the story as they go... I mean Juno and someother mystic god? Who expected that playing AC I? Where... i dont see it... not even a hint...

Another problem is... The future story progresses ZERO % (did u understand anything of the "Truth puzzles"?) througout the game until the very last mission when Juno shows up and starts babbling about some stuff that we don't even understand anyways...

I didnt understand all of what the puzzles wanted to say, but thats maybe the point.
They just give you an idea of how much in control the templars really are.

Xanatos2007
01-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Somehow I suspected this would happen when Patrice & Corey lost the reigns. corey is still there though but I do very much fear the future without patrice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Corey is still there, but he's no longer the lead scriptwriter.

kriegerdesgottes
01-04-2011, 07:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Somehow I suspected this would happen when Patrice & Corey lost the reigns. corey is still there though but I do very much fear the future without patrice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Corey is still there, but he's no longer the lead scriptwriter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>what!? I didn't know that! that's terrible, surely he still has some sort of say though in what goes into the game. Is it jefferey yohalem now?

Inorganic9_2
01-04-2011, 08:10 AM

there was a connection, but you had to find it yourself. Did anyone else think the whole "vault" thing was almost completely unknown to us, but seemed to be common knowledge to the characters? The only mention of the vault in the game ever before the ending of ACII and such was Mario mentioning the codex page that speaks of a vault and two pieces of Eden. Then we forget about it.

Then suddenly Lucy is saying "I think Vidic knew about the vault!" and later, Ezio puts the whole conspiracy together just from the words "only the prophet may open it"...I still don't understand how he came to that revelation that his family was killed to "find the vault" (even though the whole story points to the fact that his family was killed because Giovanni knew too much about the Pazzi cospiracy and such)

ChaosxNetwork
01-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
ACB wasn't meant to wow you and they've said that. They've probably been working on the next ancestor and ideas since before ACB. Engine is pretty much in place for parkour and what not.

The story was awesome for what it was about. It was meant to show Ezio rebuilding the brotherhood which was done pretty well. Also to advance Desmond which was also done well.
This guy basically has it to be fair, it is not AC3 it is an in-between game that has them set up for AC3, which will have been started to be worked on story wise for longer than you think. Also they have said that they know where the AC story is going in a Q&A awhile ago.

ChaosxNetwork
01-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Somehow I suspected this would happen when Patrice & Corey lost the reigns.
You are the most depressing guy I have never met, everyone of your posts are always like this, and I say why are you here if this is the case, if all you will do is give un-constructive criticism?

Xanatos2007
01-04-2011, 09:33 AM
You're welcome.

And please don't double-post, it's against the forum rules.

SteelCity999
01-04-2011, 10:48 AM
AC2 and ACB was originally 1 story. It has been said in a few interviews that because Rome was so large and MP was not yet ready they broke it up into 2 games. They did it at a natural break point in the story. However, the story and its connection with gameplay in ACB is very weak.

It's also been mentioned that they do know where they are going with the story which means that since the story had been fleshed out with Patrice - he really didn't need to be there anymore and could leave. The problem we may see is how it is presented to us as a finished game. It's easy for designers to make side missions and neglect story development - which is what ACB is mostly made of.

Xanatos2007
01-04-2011, 10:51 AM
See I'd love to comment more on this but I haven't played AC:B yet because the PC version was delayed.

You see Ubisoft? This is the stuff we're missing out on here!
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Wow, been a while since I complained about that.</pre>

Avl521
01-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by madjedo1:

I get most of the theories AND Subject 16's puzzles, what the writers have done is take a lot of mysteries and conspiracy theories and pieced them all together to form the biggest conspiracy theory ever. If you look into the puzzles and story enough, you'll get most of what's happening, but you still won't know what will happen in the next game, which is a way for them to have you excited to get the next one.

As for the connection between the rennaisance story with the future story:
We get to relive more of Ezio's memory for Desmond to keep training, we also get to know the conclusion to his revenge story, we find out about the secret of the colosseum and find the Apple. There IS connection between both.

There IS indeed a hint in AC1: when you hear Dr. Vidic say that the technology and most of what humanity has are simply gifts, from Those Who Came Before. I don't remember the exact words but if you look into it you'll see what I'm talking about... so even from AC1 there were hints to TWCB. A hint to the end of the world is in AC1 in the blood wall... it says 13.0.0.0 or sth like that, reference to the 13th baktun of the mayan calendar, so even though we couldn't have known how the story would progress from AC1, the hints were indeed there.

In AC2, there are even more hints, in Subject 16's glyphs, there are repeated references to TWCB, and it mentions assassins are "children of two worlds" while showing pics of Gods having sex with Humans. Then we have Minerva who is the complete revelation. And then Minerva mentions his fellow TWCB, Juno and Jupiter. So the game has followed everything it has hinted and said before, which is why this... "making it as they go", is not true as far as we can tell.

The way the story kinda progressed in the future was through the emails and conversations, since Desmond can't leave the Hideout for too long, he can't do much.
The other way it progresses is with the truth puzzles, which even have hidden puzzles within the main puzzle that sort of show you more info about the templar's activities and the state of the world.
Then we get Juno which is the major advancement.

That and the fact the developers said they are in complete control of the storyline should be enough to stop these "they are making up the story as they go" since, you have no way to know that, and so far, they haven't done anything that they haven't hinted at.

EDIT: I found he exact words Vidic said in AC1:

"They're gifts, Mr. Miles. From those who came before."

And the general explanation of the context is:

Those Who Came Before are first mentioned briefly, by Warren Vidic in Assassin's Creed. When talking to Desmond, Vidic claims that the Knights Templar are responsible for all major human technological advances in history, though he denies that they invented them, calling them "...gifts, Mr. Miles. From those who came before."

madjedo1
01-04-2011, 02:21 PM
I get most of the theories AND Subject 16's puzzles, what the writers have done is take a lot of mysteries and conspiracy theories and pieced them all together to form the biggest conspiracy theory ever. If you look into the puzzles and story enough, you'll get most of what's happening, but you still won't know what will happen in the next game, which is a way for them to have you excited to get the next one.

I agree. I too get most of it. And I also agree with them "have me excited to get the next one". Great, however, ACB is more of an expansion then a sequel, they have said it themselves in interview (look youtube). However, you dont sell expansion with 70-80% filler content for fullprice... Or maybe you do i dunno...

As for the connection between the rennaisance story with the future story:
We get to relive more of Ezio's memory for Desmond to keep training, we also get to know the conclusion to his revenge story, we find out about the secret of the colosseum and find the Apple. There IS connection between both.

Yes we get to "relive" his memory. That does not however mean we will get story progression by itself... Yes his revenge story was done in ACII, he just didn't want to finish off the guy... But no, wait, we gotta do an expansion, fill it with filler content and there you go. Full price for zero story progression. And yes "we find the apple" yes, but we already did that in AC 1 once, couldn't we at least have found someother artefact aswell?????

And yes there is connection, however as I said the problem is, we have to play all the way until the last mission to find out what this connection is, and this is the main problem of the game. I want the connection with the future story to progress from day 1 while playing in the animus.

There IS indeed a hint in AC1: when you hear Dr. Vidic say that the technology and most of what humanity has are simply gifts, from Those Who Came Before. I don't remember the exact words but if you look into it you'll see what I'm talking about... so even from AC1 there were hints to TWCB. A hint to the end of the world is in AC1 in the blood wall... it says 13.0.0.0 or sth like that, reference to the 13th baktun of the mayan calendar, so even though we couldn't have known how the story would progress from AC1, the hints were indeed there.

Yes of course... the date 2012... come on, in how many newsarticles, magazines, documentaries, movies etc. have we now heard about this date? IT HAS BECOME A CLICHE FOR GODS SAKE.

Yes, about the gifts from those who came before us. I liked ACI and its story progression in general. Much better then ACB was atleast. If i remember correctly AC I didn't even have the whole "truth" puzzle stuff to help progress the story. So it is clear they did a much better job in AC 1 then in ACB storywise.

madjedo1
01-04-2011, 02:26 PM
The way the story kinda progressed in the future was through the emails and conversations, since Desmond can't leave the Hideout for too long, he can't do much.
The other way it progresses is with the truth puzzles, which even have hidden puzzles within the main puzzle that sort of show you more info about the templar's activities and the state of the world.
Then we get Juno which is the major advancement.

Through the emails... lol, most of them were about picking up grocery hahaha. There were two mails, one accusing one of being a templar and another about the status for the other organizations out there... But they dont really contribute anything to the progression of the story, they just add more questions.

The truth puzzles were just black and white flimmering. And mumbojumbo conspiracy theories therein. And then subject 16 showing his support for desmond or somehing similiar

That and the fact the developers said they are in complete control of the storyline should be enough to stop these "they are making up the story as they go" since, you have no way to know that, and so far, they haven't done anything that they haven't hinted at.

Yes, I believe they bought the script from Mr. Coreys company if im right? But only choosing to milk it and fill it with "filler content". That gives me the feeling that they are just making it up.

maglaromuna
01-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:

i think they are not making it up as it goes. probably some few tweaks here and there but i think they all planned it.

AC1 Desmond is captured and brought to an Abstergo laboratory somewhere around the world. Desmond grew up in "The Farm"(not exactly a farm) It is an Assassin hideout in a desert. Nearest desert in area around monteriggioni? somewhere in Africa.

AC2 the setting is in Italy. Abstergo found Desmond and his team but they successfully escaped Warren Vidic. And now they flee North. To another hideout.

ACB They flee to MOnteriggioni. since the town was destroyed by Cesare borgia and is now a remnant or a landmark. Their new hideout is the Assassin chamber Ezio had in AC2.

ACB the hidden Apple of Eden's location is the church built on top of the temple of the roman goddess Juno(abundantly mentioned in Assassins creed forum) and the number 72 which shaun said that the building of the Colosseum is 72 AD.

In my opinion, they have planned ahead and wrote most of the general storyline, they are just adding some stuff here and there.

Mic_92
01-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Well of course, they only had one year to make it and it was obviously just for the money so they probably didn't plan it from the start.

The story just wasn't as deep as AC2 since every concept had been introduced in already and most of the story is spread over 4 years instead of 21 or 22.
It feels like just more sequences.

DeSabellis
01-19-2011, 08:23 AM
I wouldn't say the storyline is going downhill; it's going in a 'different' direction than most of us would have ever predicted or liked for that matter.

I mean, looking from AC1 to ACB, especially the modern portion of the game, the leaps and bounds are just ridiculous. I don't know what was wrong with the simplistically complex fight between the Assassins and Templars, why did the whole end of the world conspiracy crap have to get thrown in? The worst part is, all of the mysteries left in AC1 are still just lingering out there. It took three games to finally be told we were in Italy... I mean really.

To me, the past portions are okay, but in the grand scheme of things, the interactions and trials that occur in the past really don't mean much sense the modern story line is present. That's where I think it is going astray... not giving enough information about the modern sections of the game- even if it is not gameplay sections, still the information would at least be nice.

maglaromuna
01-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by DeSabellis:
I wouldn't say the storyline is going downhill; it's going in a 'different' direction than most of us would have ever predicted or liked for that matter.

I mean, looking from AC1 to ACB, especially the modern portion of the game, the leaps and bounds are just ridiculous. I don't know what was wrong with the simplistically complex fight between the Assassins and Templars, why did the whole end of the world conspiracy crap have to get thrown in? The worst part is, all of the mysteries left in AC1 are still just lingering out there. It took three games to finally be told we were in Italy... I mean really.

To me, the past portions are okay, but in the grand scheme of things, the interactions and trials that occur in the past really don't mean much sense the modern story line is present. That's where I think it is going astray... not giving enough information about the modern sections of the game- even if it is not gameplay sections, still the information would at least be nice.

well to think about it, PoEs were introduced in AC so it was never a simple battle between freedom and total domination.

arkadye
01-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Whether you like it or not the storyline is highly ambitious. I really enjoy the fact that the developers felt such a mechanically compelling game could be used to tell such a rich story.

I've got to say that I really appreciate and enjoy the storyline. I love the whole "throw it all in" attitude with things such as the Tunguska Event and the like being accredited to the PoEs.

Why?

Because it makes the game feel more immersive, more real. It's nice little wink to those who know about these things and it's a fun way to look at conspiracy theories.

Yes, there was less storyline in AC1, but it was hinted at. There was the talk of Subject 16, there was the importance of finding the PoE, the fact they had Desmond in the game at all. Maybe the details hadn't been worked out, but maybe they wanted us to buy the game for the mechanics and the plot hooks rather than the plot itself.

ShamrockGTX
01-19-2011, 10:14 AM
why are people so naive, AC:B is the equivalent of an EXPANSION PACK, GET IT EXPANSION its not supposed to be a "OMGWTFBBQ AWESOME ZOMG GAME LOL!"

It just adds to the character that Ezio is and they pretty much just had to get some GOOD feedback for what they PROBABLY wanted to do in the next AC game, but they werent dumb about it they added all these new gameplay elements and multiplayer and gave it a good enough story to let the game be priced as a FULL game and it did WELL. STOP being so NAIVE about the game IT WAS GREAT AND WORTH EVERY PENNY!

ShamrockGTX
01-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by maglaromuna:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeSabellis:

well to think about it, PoEs were introduced in AC so it was never a simple battle between freedom and total domination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention that the whole end of the world thing was started since the whole AC Franchise started...and AC was meant to be a trilogy from the beginning the guys had there plans

Xanatos2007
01-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Somehow I'm not convinced of your argument due to the simple fact that you spelled EZIO WITH AN 'N'!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sauer/angry-smiley-055.gif

For Judas' sake, you'd think people would learn by now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ShamrockGTX
01-19-2011, 10:27 AM
I made a simple typo, big deal...

RzaRecta357
01-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Might as well just give up. Some people just can't complain enough.

I mean, it has the same fighting just improved for people that want to get their stab on.

It has everything else the other games have.

I complained that Ezio couldn't use his weapons in the loading screen....They fixed it.

We complained there wasn't enough Claudia. They fixed it.

Excuse them for taking the time to complete a story for us and give us 15-20 hours of something new in the AC world while we wait for the new game which would take them longer.

Haha, people. They complain about something that doesn't HAVE to be sold or made for them. That last game was PURE fan service.

Hell, im a huge HUGE movie and game nerd when it comes to cutscenes and what not.

They had PLENTY of cutscenes as fan service for us.

They've been leading to this ones who came before thing since the beginning obviously. You really think they just wrote the first game without the ending of the final game in mind? That's the dumbest thing i've read on the internet. The internet. Honestly.

I mean, they had a magic ball called an apple that can control peoples minds in the 1100's and you believe they didn't have that planned out? Sheesh. Ignorance. Ha.

I can't wait for the next game announce, hopefully somewhere totally different from the french revolution as Corey May said he tries to take the time to think of things the "Internet people" wouldn't figure out.

I'd like to add, was it really that much of a twist when you think about it? Were you expecting that magical ball to be made by the real life magician Jesus when Al Mualim straight up said Jesus used it too?

It either came from an Atlantis style race of humans, or aliens. I don't think anyone expected Alien humans. But where else if not them? A magical hand from god ala Black and white the video game? Give me a break.

Boom.