PDA

View Full Version : Full Mission Builder Newbie HELP

DC-3
01-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Hello. I bought FB+AEP+PC. But I cannot figure out how to use the full mission builder. I see that you need to load a map, to get started, but I can't seem to place any aircraft, ships, or anything. The only option I have is to view them (i.e. I want to go against the Bizmark in Midway). I have heard how excellent the full mission builder is. Can anybody help me?

DC-3
01-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Hello. I bought FB+AEP+PC. But I cannot figure out how to use the full mission builder. I see that you need to load a map, to get started, but I can't seem to place any aircraft, ships, or anything. The only option I have is to view them (i.e. I want to go against the Bizmark in Midway). I have heard how excellent the full mission builder is. Can anybody help me?

Jester_159th
01-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Best advice I can give, is go look in the IL2 folder on your HDD. You'll find a PDF version of the manual, but unlike the printed version it contains instructions on how to use the FMB.

There's so many little points that you'll find it easier to get the basics from there, then come back with any specifics you need help with.

heywooood
01-15-2005, 10:03 PM
look here (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/il2guide/index.htm)

after you select a map ...click on 'object'

you must press 'ctrl' and 'left click' the mouse to place objects...scroll through all of the 'object' options....objects listed as 'stationary' just get parked...other vehicles and planes need to be assigned 'waypoints'....

there are lots of tricks to the FMB and so you should visit the site I have linked to get the most out of it...

Texas LongHorn
01-16-2005, 12:42 AM
Hey DC-3, the others are right, you could write an entire book on using the FMB and still not cover everything <ggg.> The FMB is how the game developers actually write the missions in the game. That said, here is a site with a step by step guide that will take you right down the garden path of the basics of the FMB. Once you get the hang of it lots of stuff starts to become intuitive. Here's the link to the Eastern Skies site FMB guide;
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/il2guide/fmbguide/intro.htm
Good luck, all the best, LongHorn

Flying_Nutcase
01-16-2005, 06:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DC-3:
Hello. I bought FB+AEP+PC. But I cannot figure out how to use the full mission builder. I see that you need to load a map, to get started, but I can't seem to place any aircraft, ships, or anything. The only option I have is to view them (i.e. I want to go against the Bizmark in Midway). I have heard how excellent the full mission builder is. Can anybody help me? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi DC-3,

I have made a guide to the Full Mission Builder for complete beginners. Maybe it will be of help to you.

Check it out here:

www.jumpintojapan.com/fmb-guide.html (http://www.jumpintojapan.com/fmb-guide.html)

S!

Nutcase