PDA

View Full Version : Lag

Sandholm
05-06-2020, 06:33 AM
Hi, I have had problems with lag for pretty much a year now on my nitendo switch. It came with one of the patches and I was just wondering if this is being looked into, as it's pretty much unplayable when connected to the internet :(

MadMotoMan
05-06-2020, 03:48 PM
I don't play on nintendo but I find it interesting that the lag started after an update.
I heard people talk about the lag problem when I first bought the game and joined the forum, but never experienced it until an update (Two updates ago - March I think). This was not my first update but I've had freeze/lag issues ever since.
Don't know how or if updates could even be connected to this but... who knows.
Hope they find it and crush the bug.
:)

Ubi-Spud
05-06-2020, 04:37 PM
Hey Sandholm!

I'm sorry that you are experiencing such heavy lag in the game. We have an FAQ (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Faqs/000036607/Connectivity-issues-in-Trials-Rising-on-Nintendo-Switch-TR/) that should alleviate this if you follow all of the steps within.

If the issue persists after following the FAQ, be sure to let us know (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-us/Faqs/000025094/Starting-a-Live-Chat) and we'll investigate further for you. :)

Sandholm
05-07-2020, 07:05 AM
Im not sure if i was fully clear , maybe not, but it's more frame dropping, but only happens when connected to the internet, even though im just playing single player tracks :S

MadMotoMan
05-07-2020, 03:28 PM
That's what I was referring to also. (The half to one second freezes)

UBI-Froggard
05-07-2020, 04:45 PM
Hey,

I play it on Switch myself sometimes and I'm connected to the internet but haven't noticed any issues with it so its a tough one to look into. It would be useful if we could show how bad it was to the devs when reporting this but I would need a video that's showing the issue.

I know its a bit hard to record with you playing on Switch. The only way would be to have someone recording you play from your phone (preferably with you playing on the TV while it's docked rather than over your shoulder looking at the Switch screen).

Sandholm
05-08-2020, 11:25 AM
Yeah would be nice, but i not sure if it's lagging while being docked, haven't played it docked in a while because i only use it when traveling, i'll see what i can do and get a video to you somehow, can you send it through email or discord or something ?

Sandholm
05-08-2020, 12:30 PM
Edit* game seems to run better since the last update, BUT i will let you know if i experience it on certain tracks, it's been months since i played last time, so i am not sure if it's the game or the switch or a bad combination with both

Ubi-Raziel
05-08-2020, 10:20 PM
Hey Sandholm,

I'm happy to read your performance has improved since you last played. We will of course continue to investigate this, so we can be sure it doesn't happen again to either you or other players.

All reports from our Trials community is very much appreciated :)

Thanks a lot for your time, and enjoy your games!