PDA

View Full Version : why i kill NPC while i locked on my target 1 m away from me?

ABYSS1200
12-19-2011, 11:38 AM
i lock on my target, and even when he is on the kill range it still kill a civilian, the same thing happens with stun.

if i lock on someone that mean i want to kill or stun him.

is it suppose to be like that?
how can i make sure fast who i kill/stun?

Assassinsyk
12-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Whenever this happens, I kill a kitten and hope that karma knows it's ubi's fault.

Assasination-G
12-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Because Ubi doesnīt know how to make a good Multiplayer game

Toki Wartoooth
12-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah, it's more than frustrating. And as far as I'm concerned, it still won't be fixed when the patch comes out tomorrow.

EnterinPwnZone
12-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by TokiWartoooth:
Yeah, it's more than frustrating. And as far as I'm concerned, it still won't be fixed when the patch comes out tomorrow.

Is there a patch tomorrow?

onehitparry
12-19-2011, 12:36 PM
This has happened to me maybe twice? Not really frequent problem for me, but it sure is frustrating. One time I got all setup for a silent aerial kill. And for whatever reason my persona went for a nearby body guard or blender clone. At first I thought I had just locked onto the wrong persona, but then I saw my lock was on my "Missed target." >: (

marq08
12-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by EnterinPwnZone:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TokiWartoooth:

Is there a patch tomorrow? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes in the thread I made about the score cap increase we have an official response stating it will be released tomorrow.

Crumplecorn
12-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Usually this happens when I'm going without a lock and he kills someone off to the side instead of the highlighted person.

But yes, I have had it happen that I am standing right next to someone, locked on, and he kills some random NPC.

Why?

****ty developers. That's all.

Ripe Claw
12-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Try installing the game if you haven't (360). It worked wonders for me. I was killing npcs like this a staggering 8 of 10 kill attempts. Now it just happens now and then.

DannyStrong
12-19-2011, 02:32 PM
well the character with the white halo/ring around them is the one youre really aiming at. It can be hard to see sometimes when yore so close to a kill like that, but it does mark who youre really pointing at.

for the best results. get your character to be square on with your target, and get the camera to focus your target in themiddle of the screen.

onehitparry
12-19-2011, 10:03 PM
I just ruined a hidden silent kill because of this. : (

deadly_thought
12-19-2011, 10:08 PM
1. because it ACR
2. because the computer is confused as to who you want to kill despite the fact youve already indicated who you want to kill to it

Npetz24
12-20-2011, 01:19 PM
LOL wait until you are right above your target working on a focus acro with one of his teammates dead. LOCKED!!!!! on your target only to acro a ground finish!!! lol BROKE GAME

Collinwood01
12-20-2011, 01:26 PM
This happens to me quite a bit and heres what I dont get...When you face your target, a kill or stun prompt will only come up one at a time. So when I see the kill or stun prompt over my targets head, thats when I hit the button. Ive tried to kill or stun without a prompt and it doesnt work, not that it should. Even though the kill or stun prompt is only over my targets head, I still end up killing civilians. I hate when this happens. F N hate it.

I think the game is also programmed to let the kill that will generate the least points take priority. That would explain the grounded finishes taking priority over killing the standing target next to you or why a chase kill will take priority over an incognito kill. Its the developers way of trying to equalize offensive and defensive scores. Because Offense has streaks to get points along with kill points we need to let defense get more stuns in to get more points. Something like that. Call me crazy

obliviondoll
12-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Happens VERY rarely in ACB.

Many people complain that it happens constantly in ACR.

Maybe go back to when the game was still good?

WLP Adoniis
12-21-2011, 10:43 PM
THEY FIXED THE LOCK SYSTEM .today . you don't have the auto -lock but now is a lock http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

massmurdera_666
12-21-2011, 11:35 PM
its still broke, i still kill/stun NPCs when i'm locked onto my intended target

thornebrook
12-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Adoniiis3:
THEY FIXED THE LOCK SYSTEM .today . you don't have the auto -lock but now is a lock :clap:

I've noticed no changes/improvements with the screwy lock system in the few Manhunt sessions I played earlier. :O

WLP Adoniis
12-21-2011, 11:56 PM
I'M on xbox , and i was playing assassinate , manhunt , steal the artifact and the locks were working . i wasn't killing npc(s).I even was trying to kill npc(S) when i had someone else locked but i couldn't .

Drakuaza
12-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Adoniiis is right, the lock Works, I have been trying to purposely murder npcs i am not locked into, and I can't, Even when I take the locked npc off my screen, I can't kill NPCs.