PDA

View Full Version : Community Challenge - How long can you stay alive?

Virtual-Chris
04-27-2020, 12:34 AM
So the challenge is to see how long you can stay alive. Hopefully this lasts days or even weeks and not hours. LOL.

You need to start with a new character so we're all starting from the same point.

The key metric is "Total kills in PvE" (highlighted in RED in the screen shot below). Ideally, if you're setting a new all-time high, your stat for "Longest NPC kill series without dying" will match. However this latter stat is across all your save slots so it may not match.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49823571726_fac4c346ff_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iUJQ3J)Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-4-26-16-16-29 (https://flic.kr/p/2iUJQ3J) by Virtual-Chris (Junk Photos) (https://www.flickr.com/photos/122249718@N08/), on Flickr

The whole challenge is based on the honour system. There's no prize so we're only cheating ourselves if we don't play honourably.

Since it's a "challenge" we should all use the hardest settings in immersion mode:
- Difficulty Enemies = Extreme
- Difficulty Tactical = Elite
- Interface = Minimal (plus disable other aids like hit markers, detection gauge and warning messages)

EDIT/Update: I'm updating the requirements for injuries: You can set the chance of injuries to be set to "Often" instead of "Always". The combination of Extreme and injuries always is just too much. It means nearly every time you get shot, you will die. And while hard-core purists can still run with "Always" if they want, and get my utmost respect, it's not mandatory. (Discuss it in thread).

EDIT/Update 2: If you want to run with the hardest settings (injuries = "Always") then be sure to take advantage of eating at Bivouac which provides you a 40% buff to avoiding injuries.

Here are the settings I'm using in addition to "Minimal" HUD

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49823549731_c369ee878e_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iUJHvv)Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-4-26-16-17-38 (https://flic.kr/p/2iUJHvv) by Virtual-Chris (Junk Photos) (https://www.flickr.com/photos/122249718@N08/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49823018913_627484f09e_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iUFZHt)Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-4-26-16-18-14 (https://flic.kr/p/2iUFZHt) by Virtual-Chris (Junk Photos) (https://www.flickr.com/photos/122249718@N08/), on Flickr

There's no limits on class, tactics, weapons, gear, skills, etc. except I think we need to all agree that we are not going to use helicopters for killing in this challenge. Only for transportation. Any other obvious exploits to get a lot of kills without much risk of dying should be discussed here before using them.

You can play whatever content you want... explore, campaign, side missions, whatever you want.

Good luck Ghosts! Kick some A$$! Play tactical and cautious... you're in this for the long haul. As Bone Frog would say... don't race to your death!

CrockfordCK
04-27-2020, 02:34 AM
I'll be starting a new character for this. No missions, just traveling from the crash moving south.
I'll be streaming tonight's session. Mixer.com/the_crockford

Let's see what you've got Ghosts.

Edit: Stream seems to be having bandwidth issues.

Virtual-Chris
04-27-2020, 04:58 AM
So I suck. I got to Erewhon, geared up, and went out and got engaged with a patrol then a helicopter and a passing truck on the road all got involved and I was dead in short order. Literally in the first 30 minutes after leaving Erewhon. LOL.

Will try again tomorrow.

stdape
04-27-2020, 08:59 AM
OK will set mine up later, hopefully headache gone :)
Means deleting a profile thanks to UBI not being able to count any higher lol. Setting will be exact to your setup.
Hopefully any who join, will be serious and abide by the Queensbury rules :p

Stenbern
04-27-2020, 11:09 AM
So I suck. I got to Erewhon, geared up, and went out and got engaged with a patrol then a helicopter and a passing truck on the road all got involved and I was dead in short order. Literally in the first 30 minutes after leaving Erewhon. LOL.

Will try again tomorrow.

I suck even more :D Tried to take out the wolves at the second checkpoint and got my *** kicked big time, that what happens when you forget about the difficulty and crappy weapons :rolleyes: :nonchalance:

Edit: I got 10 kills before I got my *** handed to me by the wolves :eek:

stdape
04-27-2020, 12:04 PM
LOL got 16 kills :nonchalance:

do we delete profile and start again?

stdape
04-27-2020, 01:10 PM
At Erewhom 21 kills from new profile. Now the fun begins :)

UbiBlush
04-27-2020, 01:12 PM
Ooohh, nice challenge! It's really interesting to see how far people get. :D

Really good tactical training too. :cool:

Virtual-Chris
04-27-2020, 04:05 PM
LOL got 16 kills :nonchalance:

do we delete profile and start again?

Yeah... that's the idea... how far can you get with a new character.

MikeWeeks
04-27-2020, 05:11 PM
IMO two additional conditions should be considered to make the challenge more even for all players (or consider making it part of another community challenge):

1. no class selection at all. XP/leveling not a factor. Similar in concept to doing a no-skills run in Wildlands.

2. no weapons obtained via the Raid (or from any source which isn't in the basic standard game).

stdape
04-27-2020, 07:34 PM
add to stop my sinuses were agony!! but about to restart, flew round a couple of areas and collected Bivvy info, so i got some Camp Areas.
Nobody mentioned about Class and have one selected. Wish UBISOFT would make a Restart button to start again, so we do not have to delete profile, just back to zero at beginning again.
NO chance of that they can not fix simple bugs lol

Virtual-Chris
04-27-2020, 07:43 PM
No class restrictions... at least for this challenge.

CrockfordCK
04-27-2020, 09:02 PM
Unfortunately, as I mentioned, my stream was having problems getting off the ground last night. My ISP has been doing a lot of throttling, combine that with my console being wireless and my GF streaming netflix on her laptop, and playing her games online using Discord, what I was able to broadcast was super low quality.

But I went ahead and started without streaming, and ran into a fun new behavior with Azreal drones and helicopters that resulted in my death.(I'll be making a post about this to share more in the general discussions.)
After my first character died I started over and headed south from the initial crash site to the nearest bivouac to pick up a DMR(And a few cosmetics) and figured I'll head out and do faction support missions. While mostly easy to complete from stealth and range, it's a little more challenging that just walking through the woods picking off patrols. I'd say I got a decent hour of actual playtime in before I called it a night.
Here's where I left off(And the number is purely coincidental)
https://screenshotscontent-t2002.xboxlive.com/xuid-2535423009953428-public/59c042b4-4e95-4461-842d-1aa52d602852_Thumbnail.PNG
Still no deaths, so I'll be hopefully adding a lot more to the tally tonight.

Virtual-Chris
04-27-2020, 11:46 PM
Unfortunately, as I mentioned, my stream was having problems getting off the ground last night. My ISP has been doing a lot of throttling, combine that with my console being wireless and my GF streaming netflix on her laptop, and playing her games online using Discord, what I was able to broadcast was super low quality.

But I went ahead and started without streaming, and ran into a fun new behavior with Azreal drones and helicopters that resulted in my death.(I'll be making a post about this to share more in the general discussions.)
After my first character died I started over and headed south from the initial crash site to the nearest bivouac to pick up a DMR(And a few cosmetics) and figured I'll head out and do faction support missions. While mostly easy to complete from stealth and range, it's a little more challenging that just walking through the woods picking off patrols. I'd say I got a decent hour of actual playtime in before I called it a night.
Here's where I left off(And the number is purely coincidental)
https://screenshotscontent-t2002.xboxlive.com/xuid-2535423009953428-public/59c042b4-4e95-4461-842d-1aa52d602852_Thumbnail.PNG
Still no deaths, so I'll be hopefully adding a lot more to the tally tonight.

Awesome... I'm sure your bright yellow safety vest is contributing to your survival rate when fighting on highways at least :p

Are you planning to choose a class or not?

CrockfordCK
04-28-2020, 12:03 AM
I'm not planning on choosing a class, but I haven't dismissed the choice yet. I would prefer not to, as it allows me to have Frags, EMPs or Flashbangs, and Mines on the equipment wheel at all times. If I do pick a class, it will likely be Sharpshooter, for the armor piercing rounds to use against drones I can't avoid. Panther is my preferred class, but the stealth and vanish of the class seems counter to the heart of the challenge. Like you've mentioned, I would feel like I'm cheating myself.

As far as the bright yellow. I'm not a huge fan of the color, but overall I like the look of the Zipped Sports Sweater.(Plus, no battle belt) If only Ubisoft had developed a system that would allow you to change the colors and patterns on clothing.............

Stomp0nMybaIls
04-28-2020, 12:29 AM
You know, I actually like the yellow honestly, but I'd really like to have the option to change the color of all gear.

Virtual-Chris
04-28-2020, 06:42 AM
I'm not planning on choosing a class, but I haven't dismissed the choice yet. I would prefer not to, as it allows me to have Frags, EMPs or Flashbangs, and Mines on the equipment wheel at all times. If I do pick a class, it will likely be Sharpshooter, for the armor piercing rounds to use against drones I can't avoid. Panther is my preferred class, but the stealth and vanish of the class seems counter to the heart of the challenge. Like you've mentioned, I would feel like I'm cheating myself.

As far as the bright yellow. I'm not a huge fan of the color, but overall I like the look of the Zipped Sports Sweater.(Plus, no battle belt) If only Ubisoft had developed a system that would allow you to change the colors and patterns on clothing.............

At this point, I'm realizing that these settings are so hard core and the investment over time gets so high that anything goes (that's within the rules). I don't think any class ability or item is cheating under these circumstances. We will need every damn resource available to us to make it very far. That much is clear. But I guess it depends on how you play. I'm playing to take bases (my own missions) like I was before this challenge started. Which means dealing with the difficult bases and opponents and not just cherry picking. But everyone can do this how they want as far as I'm concerned. It's the added pressure of the community scrutiny that makes this fun... and trying to best my own records. I don't think anyone should view this as a competition.

Virtual-Chris
04-28-2020, 06:49 AM
I put in about 4 hours tonight and got to 174 kills without getting killed. This is an all-time best run for me. For some reason, my stat for that is not updating (as a couple of you cautioned). I'm not sure why.

Anyway, I had one intense moment where I engaged a trio of guys on Patrol. Normally that's easy... I can head shot three of them before they get a shot off. But this time I missed and was not on the top of my game. One started shooting back at me before I capped him. That was enough to alert 3 wolves that were also on patrol nearby - closer than I would have thought possible. I heard their gunfire before I saw them, and before I knew what was going on one of them was on top of me. He shot me with at close range with a shotgun as I head shot him... we both went down at the same time. I had to use my Medic Class self-revive or it would have been game over. Fortunately the other two Wolves left me for dead and just turned and left. Sheesh. The Field Medic class finally has a use. :p

I have to say, I'm on edge a lot more playing this game now... and I imagine that's only going to increase as the amount invested increases. I'm really enjoying it... probably the most I've enjoyed this game and it's all due to a bit of self/peer pressure to play on the hardest settings without dying.

It's essentially volunteer Ghost Mode. LOL.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49828813792_ba932d4c3c_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iVcGkb)Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-4-27-21-49-29 (https://flic.kr/p/2iVcGkb) by Virtual-Chris (Junk Photos) (https://www.flickr.com/photos/122249718@N08/), on Flickr

CrockfordCK
04-28-2020, 07:24 AM
And people argued against me when I said yes to Perma-death. :p

I had a terrible, but fun, night. Died with-in 5 minutes of starting my stream. Then died 2 more times after that with-in 15 minutes. Finally started making progress, and died at 78 when my old lady attacked me. ;) Honestly, the feeling of determination each defeat gives me is very reminiscent of the one I get playing dark souls.
I do find that having the injuries set at often, instead of always, is more fair. With the enemies being so accurate and not having to reload, the stagger animation just locks you in place when you're first hit and then your dead. And that's where I seem to be having the most fun anyways.

After my 4th death. I got invited to help an acquaintance with the raid. Joined right at Baal. Then got stuck in this loop for 20 minutes before I decided to call it a night.
https://gameclips.io/The%20Crockford/387659fd-ef8e-44c0-b5c1-0a3f2cd42ae1/embed

Just think of what could have been if they had designed the entire game around the immersive mode...

Virtual-Chris
04-28-2020, 07:37 AM
And people argued against me when I said yes to Perma-death. :p

I had a terrible, but fun, night. Died with-in 5 minutes of starting my stream. Then died 2 more times after that with-in 15 minutes. Finally started making progress, and died at 78 when my old lady attacked me. ;) Honestly, the feeling of determination each defeat gives me is very reminiscent of the one I get playing dark souls.
I do find that having the injuries set at often, instead of always, is more fair. With the enemies being so accurate and not having to reload, the stagger animation just locks you in place when you're first hit and then your dead. And that's where I seem to be having the most fun anyways.

After my 4th death. I got invited to help an acquaintance with the raid. Joined right at Baal. Then got stuck in this loop for 20 minutes before I decided to call it a night.
https://gameclips.io/The%20Crockford/387659fd-ef8e-44c0-b5c1-0a3f2cd42ae1/embed

Just think of what could have been if they had designed the entire game around the immersive mode...

Yeah, I think you may be onto something... the two times I've been injured I got extremely lucky because I was basically critically injured and when in that state, you can't use a syringe or the med kit... all you can use is a bandage, which means you need 10 seconds to heal, which is an eternity and almost certain death. You can only hope that the AI is dumb and doesn't stay after you.

When I was playing before, I settled on Advanced, Injuries Often, and partial Regeneration. That usually meant I was dying 2 or 3 times in a four our game session because of making a mistake - usually surprised by an enemy I wasn't aware of. Trying to play 4 hours without dying using these settings is definitely intense.

I'm all for backing off on the injuries. Extreme and Always injured is almost a sure death if you get hit. I'd like to see what other say... but the point of this is to have fun, and if we're restarting every hour because we're getting our clocks cleaned, then that's not fun.

SoulTakerSMz
04-28-2020, 07:59 AM
This is so f@cking cool. tonight i start a new profile with these settings and start this challenge. wanted to do so yesterday, but the ubi servers where offandon last night... after loosing my 400 hour profile a few weeks ago, i tend to get scared of playing the game with the change of getting deleted again. so i went offline.

stdape
04-28-2020, 10:28 AM
I am keeping the always injured as it is, doing well so far, taking advantage of the Sniper, this is the way the Game should have been, adding the a Class, sort of gives extra to achieve. Still annoying if you die having to delete profile restart defintely need a restart on that profile as said earlier. Was having fun in one location (name of area escapes me, not on computer) but a lot of Farms and Towers. Landed Helicopter on it Led Down Sniping :cool:
If rules do change please put on here, as want to be same as everyone to make the Challenge fair.
Luckily i am Single ;) no one to steal my bandwidth or annoy me lol.
174 kills i am impressed, hope to beat that will see when i can be bothered to get my lazy *** out of bed lol

vahndaar
04-28-2020, 01:40 PM
Ok, I'm going to give this a shot tonight. Elite difficulty and no HUD right?

I wish we had an option to remove the alert status from the minimap, I find it handy for basic navigation to save having to go into the map continually.

Anyway, wish me luck!

stdape
04-28-2020, 06:06 PM
UMM UBISOFT is killing this as well lol.
Explanation. Obviously trying to avoid enemy backups, and have 2 locations nearby, so if it gets heavy move from one to another, problem being (get the **** out!!, can not die lol). Now each time Enemies Respawn, when i go back to one. Obviously trying to avoid DEATH!!!!. Still on first life, and find this annoying, as love the idea from Chris, his score is beaten :p but feel a little embarrassed by this. I am flying around getting Bivouacs, sneaking and killing, managed to get Tac50 want HTI (my favorite, add shoot a Fly's Balls off at 400 metres:D, i want to play as rules, i am not cheating in any way (hate cheats), but feel i have been forced by UBI's awful programming.
IF any of you think OK this is unfair please say, i will start from new no problem.

ON another note, i am wondering with a good team, if we can beat Game like this, as no way Walker can be Defeated like this.

Virtual-Chris
04-28-2020, 06:07 PM
I am keeping the always injured as it is, doing well so far, taking advantage of the Sniper, this is the way the Game should have been, adding the a Class, sort of gives extra to achieve. Still annoying if you die having to delete profile restart defintely need a restart on that profile as said earlier. Was having fun in one location (name of area escapes me, not on computer) but a lot of Farms and Towers. Landed Helicopter on it Led Down Sniping :cool:
If rules do change please put on here, as want to be same as everyone to make the Challenge fair.
Luckily i am Single ;) no one to steal my bandwidth or annoy me lol.
174 kills i am impressed, hope to beat that will see when i can be bothered to get my lazy *** out of bed lol

Nice... I think playing a sniper is the best idea for long term survivability. I'm playing a medic but doing most of my shooting from the periphery of a base. These settings make fire fights too deadly so you really are forced to maintain stealth and distance to get anywhere.

Virtual-Chris
04-28-2020, 06:09 PM

I wish we had an option to remove the alert status from the minimap, I find it handy for basic navigation to save having to go into the map continually.

Anyway, wish me luck!

Yeah, all the settings are in the OP. I wish we could decouple the alert status from the map and also decouple enemy lethality and response time.

Virtual-Chris
04-28-2020, 06:12 PM
UMM UBISOFT is killing this as well lol.
Explanation. Obviously trying to avoid enemy backups, and have 2 locations nearby, so if it gets heavy move from one to another, problem being (get the **** out!!, can not die lol). Now each time Enemies Respawn, when i go back to one. Obviously trying to avoid DEATH!!!!. Still on first life, and find this annoying, as love the idea from Chris, his score is beaten :p but feel a little embarrassed by this. I am flying around getting Bivouacs, sneaking and killing, managed to get Tac50 want HTI (my favorite, add shoot a Fly's Balls off at 400 metres:D, i want to play as rules, i am not cheating in any way (hate cheats), but feel i have been forced by UBI's awful programming.
IF any of you think OK this is unfair please say, i will start from new no problem.

ON another note, i am wondering with a good team, if we can beat Game like this, as no way Walker can be Defeated like this.

It's not exactly clear what you're asking, but it sounds like you're bugging out when things get hot, and coming back later? That's pretty much essential here,

I think there's no way you could play most of the story missions on these difficulty settings, never mind the Walker mission. The missions force too many firefights - clearly not designed for hard-core stealth play.

Virtual-Chris
04-28-2020, 06:13 PM
This is so f@cking cool. tonight i start a new profile with these settings and start this challenge. wanted to do so yesterday, but the ubi servers where offandon last night... after loosing my 400 hour profile a few weeks ago, i tend to get scared of playing the game with the change of getting deleted again. so i went offline.

Cool, let us know how you get on. I think sharing some close calls, and some embarrassing deaths, is what will make this thread fun. LOL.

CrockfordCK
04-28-2020, 07:10 PM

Anyway, wish me luck!

Since it's a "challenge" we should all use the hardest settings in immersion mode:
- Difficulty Enemies = Extreme
- Difficulty Tactical = Elite
- Interface = Minimal (plus disable other aids like hit markers, detection gauge and warning messages)

In addition to this, I'm running with my usual No HUD, however I have injuries set at "Often".

If you check out my first stream (https://mixer.com/The_Crockford?vod=tc5kvFMUUEeZ9Ra4A4xSNQ)for the night(and I apologize for the super terrible quality) take a look right around the 11 minute mark. With injuries set at "Always", you'll see a shotgunner run behind a tree, seemingly teleport outside of my line of sight and be about 20m closer than he was. One blast from Sammy put my character into a stagger that lasted exactly as long as the delay between his shots. All I could do was watch the malarkey and die. :p
Similar to my second stream (https://mixer.com/The_Crockford?vod=Tbkkm4Nh_kmJKzFs4P3RBw)(Check about the 15 minute mark) The stagger last nearly exactly as long as it takes for them to land a second hit, then staggered again, just as long as it takes them to get the third hit in, and dead.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it doesn't fit well with deleting and re-rolling the character every 15 minutes. :)

stdape
04-28-2020, 07:55 PM
Not worried about Main Missions as yet, as so Boring lol. Main thing is Stay alive, hard with ridiculous Helicopters and Azraels keep appearing. My tactics are stay alive Take Bases, collect weapons i want, have been on deaths door a few times, just puzzled with respawns of enemies when trying to survive.
Do not want anyone to think i am taking it easy, as i am not, taking on Wolves too.
BUT want to make sure i am playing my way, with exact settings as described.
No doubt will mess up lol, just annoying enemy re-spawns which i just kill again.
I am after certain Items why i am at these 2 locations.
Good luck all

stdape
04-28-2020, 08:42 PM
Like to add you answered the Question, even though an odd one lol. Its a game of Survival, but the two missions do not matter, moved on and sneaked past Behemoth and got HTI blueprints YAY
Nearly to my setup i want, 202 kills so far, even impressed myself when first attempt was 16

Virtual-Chris
04-28-2020, 08:44 PM
In addition to this, I'm running with my usual No HUD, however I have injuries set at "Often".

If you check out my first stream (https://mixer.com/The_Crockford?vod=tc5kvFMUUEeZ9Ra4A4xSNQ)for the night(and I apologize for the super terrible quality) take a look right around the 11 minute mark. With injuries set at "Always", you'll see a shotgunner run behind a tree, seemingly teleport outside of my line of sight and be about 20m closer than he was. One blast from Sammy put my character into a stagger that lasted exactly as long as the delay between his shots. All I could do was watch the malarkey and die. :p
Similar to my second stream (https://mixer.com/The_Crockford?vod=Tbkkm4Nh_kmJKzFs4P3RBw)(Check about the 15 minute mark) The stagger last nearly exactly as long as it takes for them to land a second hit, then staggered again, just as long as it takes them to get the third hit in, and dead.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it doesn't fit well with deleting and re-rolling the character every 15 minutes. :)

I’m going to switch to Injuries Often as well. It’s just not worth re-rolling characters every time you get shot... getting a critical injury and being powerless to do anything.

I’ll update the OP.

Of course people can continue on Injuries Always and kudos to them but it won’t be mandatory.

I mean let’s face it, anyone can do anything they want but the more we’re consistent the more interesting it is to share stories and results.

Virtual-Chris
04-28-2020, 08:50 PM
Like to add you answered the Question, even though an odd one lol. Its a game of Survival, but the two missions do not matter, moved on and sneaked past Behemoth and got HTI blueprints YAY
Nearly to my setup i want, 202 kills so far, even impressed myself when first attempt was 16

Wow! 202... that's impressive for sure. It looks like you are the leader at the moment!

CrockfordCK
04-28-2020, 08:53 PM
I was just thinking more about the injuries... I wonder how relevant the bivouac and food buffs are when it comes to injury resistance now. I still don't see any need for stamina, accuracy, etc. But maybe in the resistance buffs is where the balance is found. I also imagine the character skills would make a difference as well, but that requires picking a class. Anyways, I'll continue with "Often" until the week is out, and maybe do a little testing this weekend.

Virtual-Chris
04-28-2020, 09:01 PM
I've updated the rules in the OP to suggest that Injuries set on "Often" is allowed.

I think it's in everyone's best interest to enjoy this, and better to make an adjustment now than wait until everyone is pissed off having to re-roll characters every hour. People are obviously still welcome to play with Injuries set to "Always" if you want to stick to the hardest settings possible. Max respect for those that do.

MikeWeeks
04-28-2020, 09:05 PM
Are we allowing for shopping at bivouacs, or just the garage?

Virtual-Chris
04-28-2020, 09:09 PM
Are we allowing for shopping at bivouacs, or just the garage?

No rules on that. Go for it.

In my particular character's case, I'm trying to role play that they are crafting all consumables, but that makes about as much sense as buying them.

MikeWeeks
04-28-2020, 09:15 PM
Chris stated "I had to use my Medic Class self-revive or it would have been game over."

Given that classes were designed around co-op play I'm still a bit confused regarding what exactly can be utilized in solo for medic - this for example is using the med kit from your inventory, correct?

Does the Technique of the Healing Drone have any use, given its description of healing "friendly team mates"?

CrockfordCK
04-28-2020, 09:27 PM
If your gauge is full when you're downed, you can activate your healing drone. Your character will pull it out, and defib themselves back to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMo3rqqnw8Y
Not my video

Additionally, not only can your drop med kits to heal yourself, they also give a temporary fourth bar of health that lasts until it's depleted. So you can give your self the same health pool as the assault class, and also mulligan yourself out of some mistakes.

TheNonLethal
04-28-2020, 09:30 PM
95 in the first attempt. Died very stupidly when i was took out convoy. I killed all ( or thought so) because audio cue (music) changed and started to sound that there are no sammys / threat around the convoy anymore.

So i started to walk towards convoy, and one sentinel jumped behind the tree and started to shoot me. Of course i forgot to reload, so thats it, lol.

I picked up engineer because it was free (saved one skillpoint) and it's drone is pretty useful. It's also nice the get more gunpowder your rounds.

MikeWeeks
04-28-2020, 09:52 PM
If your gauge is full when you're downed, you can activate your healing drone. Your character will pull it out, and defib themselves back to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMo3rqqnw8Y
Not my video

Ah, so if the gauge is full and you "normally" would be killed, you get this third-person view of your character, and can activate the the healing drone? If so, is there a time limit for remaining in "critical condition"?

CrockfordCK
04-28-2020, 09:56 PM
Yes, if you pause the video right after he dies, you'll see the prompt pop up with a 15 second timer.

MikeWeeks
04-28-2020, 10:03 PM
Wait a minute - if you have the music enabled, it gives you an audio cue regarding enemies????

MikeWeeks
04-28-2020, 10:04 PM
Yes, if you pause the video right after he dies, you'll see the prompt pop up with a 15 second timer.

Thanks I'll look again .... :)

Oh, it's in the hints - another feature I'll need to enable when using sometime new in the game.

CrockfordCK
04-28-2020, 10:31 PM
Wait a minute - if you have the music enabled, it gives you an audio cue regarding enemies????

Yup, battle music!

https://youtu.be/QY1Vetd7OCs
And when I'm using my headphones, the way it drones and drones and drones the same loops, it literally makes me a nauseous. I kept it on through my first playthrough of the campaign because it does add some artificial tension at points, but turned it off as soon as I was done and have been much happier since.

Stenbern
04-28-2020, 10:38 PM
Yup, battle music!

https://youtu.be/QY1Vetd7OCs
And when I'm using my headphones, the way it drones and drones and drones the same loops, it literally makes me a nauseous. I kept it on through my first playthrough of the campaign because it does add some artificial tension at points, but turned it off as soon as I was done and have been much happier since.

This one works also as battle music :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ_dQwOINzY&list=PLlaGZpqOG-VM10RT5yO8p2Fkt6L3psk-I

MikeWeeks
04-28-2020, 11:06 PM
Different tastes, generations, etc, etc .... :) but if I wanted to have some good solid mood-setting music when I'm out in these open-world games I'd be looping this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Dh3ftkRAs

Virtual-Chris
04-28-2020, 11:48 PM
My fav gaming music will always be Disturbed - Indestructible - I'd love to see someone do a highlight reel to this song :)

Virtual-Chris
04-29-2020, 06:48 AM
After a few more hours today, I managed to get past 300 tangos down without going down myself. It is still very tense, but I feel like I have a mode of operation that can carry me a long ways now. I've now established a very stealthy pattern to taking out bases. However, in full disclosure, I've been focused on taking Cold War sites in Sinking Country and Fen Bog which admittedly aren't the most heavily defended. They certainly don't have any drones.

Two thoughts:
- First I may go back to Injuries set to "Always". By eating at Bivouac, you can give yourself a 40% buff to avoid injuries which is probably similar to lowering the setting from "Always" to "Often". Previously I used Bivouac for an "Accuracy" buff but I'm not sure I need that nearly as much as the buff to injury avoidance.

- Next, I don't know if it's playing on Extreme, or something in the game has changed, but sometimes there are enemy patrols or random encounters much closer together than ever before (which was already ridiculous). For example, today, I was crouched observing a bunker in Sinking Country, and I could see a random pair of dudes and their motorcycles about 50m away, and then literally not more than 50m beyond that was a trio of Wolves on a walking patrol. This added encounter density has nearly got me killed twice now... both last night and tonight. What happens is I see some Sentinel and engage. What I don't realize is that there's a trio of Wolves within line of sight who unexpectedly join in... Surprise! WTF?! Has anyone else run into this? You really need to be much more aware of the surroundings and can't assume the patrol or encounter you're targeting is the only one within line of sight.

Here's my screen shot for tonight (below). My stats at the bottom of the list refuse to update even though I exceeded them long ago.

I'm at the point now, where I can't imagine starting over. If this character dies, I'll probably just continue play in this style and hang it up on the challenge. This is by far the most exciting this game has been for me. I think the combination of hard-core settings and playing to survive creates a lot of intensity that's exciting. It's probably not good for my heart health though :p

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49831907623_3230b76c0f_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iVty26)Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-4-28-22-30-3 (https://flic.kr/p/2iVty26) by Virtual-Chris (Junk Photos) (https://www.flickr.com/photos/122249718@N08/), on Flickr

CrockfordCK
04-29-2020, 07:39 AM
I was able to stream a good hour and a half session tonight. https://mixer.com/The_Crockford?vod=wVJFkjjAIUO71I0JrBvEnQ
I say good, but there were some problems. Namely the vehicles broke. When I would get close to them you could hear there engines growling like they were partially submerged, and the occupants would teleport to standing on the roof... Also, another broken Azreal!

https://screenshotscontent-t4002.xboxlive.com/xuid-2535423009953428-public/d2d36977-e3d8-417f-83f7-53247d43f8cb_Thumbnail.PNG
I left the crash site and headed south to the nearest bivouac again. Then wandered my way through the woods and ended up at the coast about half way through Infinity.
https://screenshotscontent-t2002.xboxlive.com/xuid-2535423009953428-public/42591398-d5bf-4b66-9d00-beb8fb4b3712_Thumbnail.PNG

As a side note... Do you guys remember when the game launched and there was nothing but the sound of rushing wind no matter where you went? Remember the posts and threads about there being no animal and bird sounds? Just listen to any 10 seconds of my stream. It is non-stop birds and frogs.(This is not a complaint.)

Virtual-Chris
04-29-2020, 07:59 AM
That’s good progress. I watched some of your stream. Crazy.

I do appreciate the sound. The world is stunning in its natural elements... if they had just given it some proper NPCs. :(

MikeWeeks
04-29-2020, 09:58 AM
Well, they buried me near the Harris Forest Bivouac tonight - damn Azreal drone as has always been the case with any of my characters. Got to all of 83 kills, not impressive at all.

Have no desire to play Bill Murray's character in Groundhog Day so for now I'll see if the system can be tweaked to allow for a locally saved game file to be a re-starting point for my third slot.

Stenbern
04-29-2020, 01:18 PM
This challenge is nerve wracking, 206 kills. I use a real chicken tactics,I go to bases having this office building with a sniper on the roof terrace I take him out get the red alert and just sits in the stairwell and takes out everyone who comes

stdape
04-29-2020, 01:57 PM
308 so far Done A few Main Missions up to rescuing Skell at the Base. Had to stop, When i wen to see Josiah Hill just before i landed my Helicopter and a Goose flew into the Helicopter, and killed itself, could not stop laughing ;)
Shot a Few Azrael's down, and Mobile Drones.
When i compose myself :) time to get Skell out and to Erewhom
My luck will run out soon i reckon, been close a few times.

Virtual-Chris
04-29-2020, 07:31 PM
Well, they buried me near the Harris Forest Bivouac tonight - damn Azreal drone as has always been the case with any of my characters. Got to all of 83 kills, not impressive at all.

Have no desire to play Bill Murray's character in Groundhog Day so for now I'll see if the system can be tweaked to allow for a locally saved game file to be a re-starting point for my third slot.

Azreal is the bane of most gamer's existence. I will say you did better on your first outing than I did. I think I got 15 kills in before I got wiped out.

I have no desire to live the definition of insanity... once this character gets put down, I think I'll call that my challenge submission and just continue playing from where I die. I'm enjoying the play style but don't relish restarting from scratch every other day.

This challenge is nerve wracking, 206 kills. I use a real chicken tactics,I go to bases having this office building with a sniper on the roof terrace I take him out get the red alert and just sits in the stairwell and takes out everyone who comes

LOL... whatever works!

308 so far Done A few Main Missions up to rescuing Skell at the Base. Had to stop, When i wen to see Josiah Hill just before i landed my Helicopter and a Goose flew into the Helicopter, and killed itself, could not stop laughing ;)
Shot a Few Azrael's down, and Mobile Drones.
When i compose myself :) time to get Skell out and to Erewhom
My luck will run out soon i reckon, been close a few times.

Man, you are brave taking on story missions in this challenge. I feel they are way harder than just exploring and taking bases as they force you into some nasty fights at times. And the checkpoints are brutal. Looking forward to hearing your progress.

stdape
04-29-2020, 07:42 PM
340+ kills, got Skell, had to change underpants a few times lol. Close to Worm Bait, but did it. deciding on best way to continue. I do have 2 Main Weapons HTI and 553, as nothing in Rules saying not to.
But main of kills are Sniper. Had to stop been a rough few days Headaches etc lately (Damn Weather changes) but a few Whiskys feel better so will be back on again, After my Madras to kill all known germs lol.
I know luck will most likely run out, I am used to these settings as played like this previously, but always the respawn if dead, not like this Challenge, so pacing yourself is best way.
might settle for a few less intensive missions for a while, until fully well. Good luck all and CHRIS stop topping my scores lol.

stdape
04-29-2020, 09:45 PM
Just a quick update as had enough for tonight and Bed Time soon. trying to insert image but no luck.

384 kills.

Virtual-Chris
04-30-2020, 06:45 AM
I think I'm in a groove. I switched my injuries back to "Always" but made a point of eating at Bivouac regularly which provides a 40% buff to reducing injuries. That worked. I was able to get through the evening without going down. I've now got Medic up to rank 10. The question now is, do I start another class or stick to Medic. I've really only used the self-revive once, and the medic kit to satisfy a class rank challenge. I'm very happy now that I have the 416 Scout... my fav new weapon.

I had a bit of dilemma at Rank 9 because one of the challenges is to destroy 10 enemy drones. I wasn't about to go after Aamons or Murmurs so after wasting a bunch of time wandering around looking for police drones, I decide to fly south temporarily and pop some rolling trashcan drones to satisfy the challenge. But even that wasn't easy, as killing a trash can drone seems to attract any Sentinel within a few hundred meters.

The random encounters and flyovers are the most dangerous in my view. I don't know if the game is broken or it's the extreme difficulty setting, but I'm running into encounters that are regularly within 50-100m of each other which means if you don't deal with one silently, the others will get involved. It can turn into a sh!t show really quick.

Anyway, here's the kill count as of tonight...434. That's three sessions now without dying and way further than I thought I would get. I feel like I'm in a groove but I've only been doing Cold War sites, and things are about to get more difficult I think as I turn to Skell facilities. I think I'm going to proceed North and West and stick to the wild side of the island..

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49836486742_d38776a4e6_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iVT2eq)Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-4-29-22-18-2 (https://flic.kr/p/2iVT2eq) by Virtual-Chris (Junk Photos) (https://www.flickr.com/photos/122249718@N08/), on Flickr

stdape
04-30-2020, 12:09 PM
442 so far going well when got a phone call !!!!! no rest for the wicked :mad:
Damn helicopter nearly took me. got the info for Madera, got to rescue bloke from prison, but might wait.
how do u get image on page, i got some saved on computer

Virtual-Chris
04-30-2020, 04:18 PM
442 so far going well when got a phone call !!!!! no rest for the wicked :mad:
Damn helicopter nearly took me. got the info for Madera, got to rescue bloke from prison, but might wait.
how do u get image on page, i got some saved on computer

Nice... you’re still kicking!

You need to sign up for a free image hosting account. I use Flickr as you can see but I think a lot of people use imgur. Then you can embed a pic here using the link from the hosting site.

Stenbern
04-30-2020, 08:30 PM
317 atm and still a bit nerve wracking :cool:

stdape
04-30-2020, 08:52 PM
650 kills and drone lobbed a missile which did not show!!! start again tomorrow :mad:

Managed to do a Few Main Missions, Collected a lot of Blueprints, wiped a few Wolf Camps out. only 594m Sniper shot. 16 CQC.
Good luck the rest, not long before i go to bed. (I'll be back) :p

Virtual-Chris
04-30-2020, 10:34 PM
650 kills and drone lobbed a missile which did not show!!! start again tomorrow :mad:

Managed to do a Few Main Missions, Collected a lot of Blueprints, wiped a few Wolf Camps out. only 594m Sniper shot. 16 CQC.
Good luck the rest, not long before i go to bed. (I'll be back) :p

Wow. That’s impressive. Well done!

Virtual-Chris
05-01-2020, 06:05 AM
RIP Fury. Tonight, I was clearly not on my game. I died 15 minutes into my session. I noted to myself early on in this challenge that I would probably not survive an Azreal QRF and sure enough, that's what did me in. That cheap f#cking mechanic from hell. Of course, usually, it's a simple matter of going prone camo, but as you may know, not all surfaces are condusive to that... rock faces, pavement, and as it turns out shallow water... and what is the predominant terrain in Sinking Country? Shallow water.

So my challenge submission ends at 446 kills. I feel that Fury managed to accomplish her mission which was to clear all the major Cold War sites in the North East. It's too bad she died in the process.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49839546668_43cdff78e2_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iW9GQL)Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-4-30-19-37-56 (https://flic.kr/p/2iW9GQL) by Virtual-Chris (Junk Photos) (https://www.flickr.com/photos/122249718@N08/), on Flickr

Here's the type of terrain I died in... I couldn't get to solid ground fast enough, and a helicopter Wolf response team was on me immediately, and that drew several surrounding Sentinel patrols (because of the bulls!t patrol density). To make matters worse, I couldn't see the helicopter through the tree canopy but that didn't impede the sharpshooters on the helicopter who could see through the trees and nail shots on a running target from an erractically moving helicopter. FFS.

It may look like effective cover, but you can't actually hide or use prone camo in shallow water...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49839546623_096bd7d5a3_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iW9GPZ)Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-4-30-19-52-38 (https://flic.kr/p/2iW9GPZ) by Virtual-Chris (Junk Photos) (https://www.flickr.com/photos/122249718@N08/), on Flickr

So I don't feel motivated to restart from scratch. It was a fun way to play, but I'm not up to doing it all over again. Maybe if they fix the Azreal frequency and the density of patrols, it would make for a more lasting way to play, but the world is just ridiculously over powered at the moment.

Bottom line is this was one of the best few sessions I've had playing this game. Super intense. Good luck to everyone else.

MikeWeeks
05-01-2020, 06:44 AM
Yeah, the lack of prone camo in the marsh area is what's done me in as hard as I try to be sure of the boundaries.

Cool idea Chris, especially given the various handicaps introduced by Ubisoft in this game.

BTW, send that screen shot of Fury to CS and ask them why her 446 consecutive kills as a new character hasn't replaced the 132 kills from a previous character. :)

Virtual-Chris
05-01-2020, 06:51 AM
Yeah, the lack of prone camo in the marsh area is what's done me in as hard as I try to be sure of the boundaries.

Cool idea Chris, especially given the various handicaps introduced by Ubisoft in this game.

BTW, send that screen shot of Fury to CS and ask them why her 446 consecutive kills as a new character hasn't replaced the 132 kills from a previous character. :)

Good point... I'm submitting a post in the support forum now.

stdape
05-01-2020, 08:20 AM
Sorry to hear it Chris, game mechanics are rubbish!. Usually a few Snipes Helicopter, few More Azrael, etc etc.
My Gun setup was great, now have to get back on a fresh restart, find my Weapons i want, dodge that Bethemoth for the HTI blueprint.
Another mess i have seen is they seem to shoot you through top of hills, and how they know exactly where you are, using a Silenced Sniper from a long distance lol. Especially reinforcements?
Still " i shall never surrender" and be starting again, a Mobile Drone is going to suffer for killing me last Profile lol.

freestaterocker
05-01-2020, 10:30 AM
I like the no class selection idea, but #2 is kinda moot, since a new character won't have any raid weapons.

*EDIT: this was meant as a reply to another commenter, not a standalone comment, but I can't delete it (apparently I don't have authorization??) and as I type this I'm not even sure if it'll let me submit the edit..

stdape
05-01-2020, 05:05 PM
Well all Ghosts have skills. But not sure who we are fighting sometimes. the worst are Ubisoft's Poor Programming lol. Started again, whats nice get the Weapons from start to 2 (actually 1) after start and leaving Erewhom. HTI and 553 are what i want. The worst is having to start again from a New Profile (which is a Joke) and NOT having a Restart on that Profile, so we do not have to setup, if/when we die. I do find the Start to Erewhom a Drag and the light is hard for me.
But as UBI are in component, doubt that will be a Normal Function.
Chris has chose a great format to the Game, the way we want (if real gamers).
Glad some are taking this serious and best of luck, I have restarted again after 650 kills etc Above Post.

Wozzupp
05-01-2020, 06:27 PM
stdaape - You can bypass Erwhon all together and just ignore the Eagle has landed mission. I personally head straight south to get the bipod/mawl and get the missions from Haruti. Got all the way upto 398 kills last night before being taken out my the gunners on a falling helo.

stdape
05-01-2020, 07:41 PM
Actually that is true. Just love to see the lovely Maria lol.
I do like to start the Main Missions, (but no chance of Walker fight, if i could get there) not a great choice under the circumstances, but its a challenge, and i know where the Sniper Rifle i want is near.
Obviously different ways of playing.
I to like the Mawl, and fairly easy to get if careful albeit take 2/3 out on way. Not having a good day today, not just in Game, have restarted a few times, when relaxed i might even get a high score again :nonchalance:
How Enemy kill you when a Helicopter is downed spinning is just pure bad programming. Good luck on your restart.

Stenbern
05-02-2020, 04:01 AM
Body count 504 :cool:
I almost got my *** handed to me,I got spotted by a Azrael drone when I was in my helo,(never happened before) got a helo with wolfs after me when something shot me out of the air crashlanded close to a Amon camp so had to run inside the cabin for cover then 4 sentinels close by got alerted and the **** hit the fan :mad: Was a close call,got my **** together and came out of it alive :D

Virtual-Chris
05-02-2020, 09:39 AM
Body count 504 :cool:
I almost got my *** handed to me,I got spotted by a Azrael drone when I was in my helo,(never happened before) got a helo with wolfs after me when something shot me out of the air crashlanded close to a Amon camp so had to run inside the cabin for cover then 4 sentinels close by got alerted and the **** hit the fan :mad: Was a close call,got my **** together and came out of it alive :D

Holy sh!t that’s insane! Good work.

Stenbern
05-03-2020, 12:08 PM
@stdape I'm sorry to say that my body count atm is 660 :cool: but due to the Mountain-00016 error on PS4 I can't play atm :mad:

stdape
05-03-2020, 01:22 PM
Well done buddy, got to 291 on new one. Started Main Missions, Just got to get Skell Out next, Having a break for short while.
I am on PC XP level 10 so far. New Challenge to beat your score, keep going I will just have to be PC highest lol.
I had to get Skells Keycard at Drone Testing Centre, normally 2 Mobile Drones, had 3!! And men appearing even though scanned area thoroughly, must have been in the Toilets lol

CrockfordCK
05-03-2020, 08:15 PM
RIP Nomad. Hopped on Saturday morning to continue my recon around the island. Got spotted by an Azreal, fled over a berm and slid down the side of a mountain right into a behemoth. When the wolves caught up to me the Behemoth joined in and it was game over. My screenshots didn't upload(which happens a lot with BP for some reason) but I had beat my previous record of 259 by 2! And just like you Chris, the counter didn't update. :|

stdape
05-03-2020, 10:35 PM
Had to restart a few times today, first i blew myself up!
Second a helicopter shot me no warning it was there? F'ing bugs
One, i am doing at present, going well just took the Fish Processing Centre (3 explosions nothing to do with me) alerted the Enemy, i managed to clear but made it harder than intended.
The Game is tough on these settings, but does not help with so many bugs! :nonchalance:

Another thing i noticed went after the Pirates Treasure Mission (side), got all but one last item, which is not there, have done same on 2 different starts. You have to goto the Pirate Site i think Wild Coast, it says it is South East of Mocka Heights, the Pirate Site is South West? Knew that from previous games, South East is inland lol.
It gets worse and tedious from the idiot programmers, plus the Usain Bolt Enemy you have no chance, and random enemies appearing from nowhere to spoil the game.

Still going to keep trying, try different routines. Will Add getting a High Score would be Easy, as the Game Bugs and good spots, but no fun in that.

Stenbern
05-04-2020, 09:38 PM
Is there any other besides stdape and me that doing this challenge?
My body count atm is 859,still doing my chicken tactic sitting a top of the stairwell and just shoot whoever comes up the stairs or doing the sniper tactic from a far

Wozzupp
05-04-2020, 09:52 PM
Is there any other besides stdape and me that doing this challenge?
My body count atm is 859,still doing my chicken tactic sitting a top of the stairwell and just shoot whoever comes up the stairs or doing the sniper tactic from a far

Yep, been doing this for over a week now. Died multiple times. My highest 'score' was 797 - just world travelling south, clearing bases and anything else on route., got taken out by a damn chopper crashing/ shooting madly on its way down. Which, by the way is the same mission that has killed me multiple times on this quest. The Gun Runner faction mission replay from Harui (?) which spawns an insane amount of choppers constantly - it was the sixteenth one!!
Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over looking for a different outcome?
My mission criteria is as laid out by Virtual-Chris, except my injury is set to 'Always' and I ignore all intel in the world and just 'discover'.
It's a pity the stats dont update, mine is stuck at 357 kills before dying/ 114 before being detected.
Congrats on the 859. Thats bloody good going. Wonder who'll get to 1K first.

stdape
05-05-2020, 10:12 PM
Well done Stenbern, as getting weird bugs like dying when i shouldn't have? 3 Times now since yesterday i have been testing different ways of playing started on east coast, going south around it, got killed, so now doing west coats traveled a long way with Car or Walk, i do have another Profile on the go, in another slot which i will get back to. Just wanted some variation, for a change.
Will get back to highest score, i am better with Sniper than close up, just wishing random spawning enemy would stop appearing. New starts usually get past first part the Dark when you crash, as hurts my eyes, there is a base Control Point after the last Yellow before Erewhom, up to the Left has a Helicopter, so sneak up take 2 guarding it and jump in get my HTI and ready.
I think Chris and some others are having all sorts of Random Bugs too, which is annoying as usually die from a lot of them.
Set a nice Target on the Score, as soon as i am feeling better, (I'll Be Back lol)

Will say its odd some get bugs some don't, and not everyone shares the same Bugs?? g

Virtual-Chris
05-06-2020, 07:18 AM
Wow. You guys are all killing it. I admire your tenacity and blown away by the results. You guys rock! I’m taking a break, but I’m inspired to give it another go.

Virtual-Chris
05-06-2020, 07:21 AM
I should say that the first one to 1K not only gets some serious bragging rights but as an added bonus gets the opportunity to buy whatever they want at the MTX store using your hard earned money. You deserve it :p

Stenbern
05-06-2020, 11:24 AM
I should say that the first one to 1K not only gets some serious bragging rights but as an added bonus gets the opportunity to buy whatever they want at the MTX store using your hard earned money. You deserve it :p

The game is so tense with all the helo's and azrael drone's fly by,last night a azrael drone spotted me in the air while I was in a helo didn't even hear the azrael drone that resulted in not one but two helo's with wolves came after me. I know I shouldn't use the helo to get any kills but I was out of options so I had to shoot them down it was kill or to be killed.:mad:
My body count atm is 1075,but the helos with wolves dosen't count imo so its 1069

Wozzupp
05-06-2020, 11:57 AM
And Stenbern gets to 1K first. And gets to have dinner with Maria. B*****d.

Virtual-Chris
05-06-2020, 05:27 PM
The game is so tense with all the helo's and azrael drone's fly by,last night a azrael drone spotted me in the air while I was in a helo didn't even hear the azrael drone that resulted in not one but two helo's with wolves came after me. I know I shouldn't use the helo to get any kills but I was out of options so I had to shoot them down it was kill or to be killed.:mad:
My body count atm is 1075,but the helos with wolves dosen't count imo so its 1069

Wow. Congrats. That’s awesome. Good story too.

and stenbern gets to 1k first. And gets to have dinner with maria. B*****d.

ROTFLMAO.

stdape
05-06-2020, 11:03 PM
I do not use the missile helo or one with weapons, i usually fly away go low and dodge around stuff. Started new profile today, well 2 got killed in first, so far at 355 kills, going well. Just waiting for the next Bug to feck it up lol. The excessive Drones and Helicopters, and the Random appearing Enemies is beyond stupid. Problem is you can find a Mission with good amount of Enemies, Fly off a bit Come Back and all are there again. Same procedure and kill points going up, no damage. I have Travelled around the Island getting Bivouacs, to open locations and take some Camps.
As i have said before, needs a restart from beginning button rather than delete and set new profile.
Funny played this from Release, and only found out today, the thin smoke going up are Bivouac Camps lol. Only found that out by accident.

Stenbern
05-07-2020, 12:04 PM
Body count atm is 1432 :p but I have to say the game is behaving very strange as soon I'm in the wild helo's and azrael drone's fly by too frequently and I haven't done anything just sitting there minding my own business, usally this happens after I have killed a patrol. On the other hand they keep me busy and on my toes
I also found the blueprint of an smg bullpup pdr that was nice supprise,I can't recall that I have used that gun before so now it's a new favorite :cool:

Stenbern
05-07-2020, 12:09 PM
And Stenbern gets to 1K first. And gets to have dinner with Maria. B*****d.

ROTFLMAO :p

Wow. Congrats. That’s awesome. Good story too.

ROTFLMAO.
Thanks, this challenge have made the game fun again :D

stdape
05-08-2020, 01:57 PM
Think i am on 695 at present, but Yesterday had Migraine from Hell, and feel Sick, and Dizzy today, so only playing when i feel up to it. Could have got Tac50 Blueprint cleared the Base, but thought do not need it and carried on :) I have the Guns i require HTI and 553 . got the Blueprint for the 553 as had to change to complete a Challenge.
Certainly tough but taken several Bases, albeit not tried the Wolves Bases yet. Damn Helicopters and Azreals are a pain, spend more time hiding than killing lol, Still the Azreals fun to shoot down and odd Helicopter.
Got some catching up, so hopefully recover quick.

Stenbern
05-08-2020, 02:50 PM
Today I almost got killed I had to use all my syringes to get out of the mess,was hiding in a bush when out of nowhere a helo showed up and spotted me,didn't hear it come. :mad: Resulted in red alert and a ****storm of sentinels they spawned from everywhere,but got my **** together and killed'em all :cool:
Personally I go for the TAC50 when it come's to SNR only because you can put the extended mag on it,can't do that on M82 or the HTI.
Body count atm 1629, Helo's and azrael drone's is a pain in the *** they fly by all the time in the wild

stdape
05-09-2020, 10:40 AM
i managed to do a bit at 791 but decided to start missions got bored rescued Skell, and onto the next part. I had bloody helicopters fly over one part nearly all the time, no longer had i got up to pop off some enemy another would appear, still managed and fecked off quick lol.
Probably silly doing Main Missions, but hey i am a certified nutter lol.
Feeling a bit better today so hope to do more, might go back and get Tac50 Blueprint, need to get HTI one which is a Behemoth location, usually sneak in and get.

Virtual-Chris
05-09-2020, 08:53 PM
Today I almost got killed I had to use all my syringes to get out of the mess,was hiding in a bush when out of nowhere a helo showed up and spotted me,didn't hear it come. :mad: Resulted in red alert and a ****storm of sentinels they spawned from everywhere,but got my **** together and killed'em all :cool:
Personally I go for the TAC50 when it come's to SNR only because you can put the extended mag on it,can't do that on M82 or the HTI.
Body count atm 1629, Helo's and azrael drone's is a pain in the *** they fly by all the time in the wild

Wow, 1629?! Thats insane dude!

I'm so glad a few of you guys got a lot out of this challenge... huge kudos to you who stuck it out. I certainly enjoyed it, but it turns out the starting over part was just too much for me. It was the most intense and enjoyable game play I've had though.

Stenbern
05-09-2020, 09:31 PM
Wow, 1629?! Thats insane dude!

I'm so glad a few of you guys got a lot out of this challenge... huge kudos to you who stuck it out. I certainly enjoyed it, but it turns out the starting over part was just too much for me. It was the most intense and enjoyable game play I've had though.

Yeah but I still go for the chicken tactic always higher ground or top of the stairwells :p and that gives me the body count. It's only up close and personal when I take out these small sentinels patrols patroling the wild,but then again that have almost got me killed a few times :mad: I'm glad you come up with this challenge, made me keep playing the game. Haven't played anything today,been at the shooting range instead :D

stdape
05-09-2020, 10:24 PM
I am in the latter 800's in kills, but have rescued Diagorah and Madera. Madera was a challenge 2 mobile drones to go with it, a bit of distant sniping, and moving about taking rest. Its not particularly whacking scores up a lot, but certainly a Challenge. Along with Skell and Fox rescued, slowly getting there. The Flycatcher mission will be tough being a Wolves Camp.
Stenbern, your doing well, are we the only 2 left doing it! Lol.

Virtual-Chris
05-10-2020, 06:38 AM
I am in the latter 800's in kills, but have rescued Diagorah and Madera. Madera was a challenge 2 mobile drones to go with it, a bit of distant sniping, and moving about taking rest. Its not particularly whacking scores up a lot, but certainly a Challenge. Along with Skell and Fox rescued, slowly getting there. The Flycatcher mission will be tough being a Wolves Camp.
Stenbern, your doing well, are we the only 2 left doing it! Lol.

I think you're insane for trying to do this challenge while doing the story... some of those missions are insanely hard and the enemies spawning in - even when you know what to expect. Hat's off to you sir. You are a better player than I am... for damn sure! :)

stdape
05-10-2020, 10:47 AM
Well not sure a better player, but certainly more insane lol. It does take time though, no rushing in and max stealth and planning. Surprising after a Few Whiskys, the determination sets in :p
Not sure how long i will last or carry on, but got bored of just killing and wanted to know how far i could go on this extreme way of playing.
One mission i Hate other Than the ridiculous Walker mission is when you have to take down the 3 places for Cromwell north of the Map. OK 2 are fairly easy but the one really high up, i hate anyway and consider the worst mission, as hard to get to and if you use helicopter they will see you before landing and with Snipers. Going to have to work a better way.
I use Medic Class, and on last Challenge for that.
Using classes, to me is a way of giving extra to achieve, just to add to interest rather than a necessity.

Wozzupp
05-10-2020, 09:01 PM
I'm still on Aurora. 1097 confirmed kills, stealth before detection is now 164. Had some major contacts, running round vehicles for cover/ climbing onto roofs. Even got arrogant and started letting the drone detect me - run for the nearest bunker and slot the wolves as they enter. Up to 32 wolves kills so far.
Yep I am pushing it, but when you have come so far the firefight become even more intense.
As for the drones/ helo's, I made a count as I was roaming. In the space of an hour (actually 48 minutes, as I spent 12 minutes clearing a base) I had 6 drones and 10 helo's fly over. Thats every 3 minutes. Either it's really evil developers or lazy programming. IDK.
On the hunt for 2K, but I have a feeling one of you chaps is almost there...

stdape
05-10-2020, 09:56 PM
Reckon Stenbern will be, i came off for a bit was getting shot by a smaller drone in a building and he was shooting me through walls?? he was not in same room useless UBI ****e
I left before i died, Got Madera to Erewhon and at location where Flycatcher is.
I am not technically going for Kill Streak, but how far i could go in Main Missions. Think Flycatcher Base will kill me. How you meant to win with stupid programming lol.
Still got over 1000 Kills so far.
And yes UBI has ruined Game with excessive Drones, Helicopters, and Enemy Spawns so often. When i was taking Madera to blow Batteries up, had to use Missile Helicopter (big horrible ones) as that is what you have too use, as part of Mission, otherwise never do, But i had at least 10 Helicopters on me !!! Nearly died then was Badly Wounded by time i downed all and to Erewhon with Madera.
So most likely will be restarting tomorrow lol (again)

Stenbern
05-10-2020, 11:09 PM
Well what can I say stdape :confused: I also had problems with this flying drone shooting thru walls but when I tried to shoot back at it with the TAC 50 thru the wall didn't hit it. I went to all kind of crap today helo's and azrael drone's say every 3-4 min,was face down alot.:mad:
Body count atm is 1874; I'm not doing any main mission's if I had done that I would be dead by now. :eek:

stdape
05-11-2020, 08:38 AM
I think we are all suffering from UBISOFT mess. But i am determined to see how far i can get. So this could be final Day for this Profile lol. And back to a new one. A Pain as have done well with the Bugs, but hey Never give up, a good swear and "Right you Bar Stewards, I'm Back" prepare to die :p

stdape
05-11-2020, 02:22 PM
Well i paid the Price lol. Just those invisible Drones shooting you is a Joke.
Still restarted a few hours ago, Got Fox, Skell, Diagorah, and Madera to the island where Haritu is. So going well so far. I know i should have stopped on Last Profile doing those Mission Flycatcher, but im stubborn :rolleyes:

Stenbern
05-11-2020, 03:44 PM
Sorry to hear,fukking invisible drones :mad:
Just me sniping away Red Weasel Outpost :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPvWbL1edoU

Wozzupp
05-11-2020, 04:57 PM
1897 kills.
Doing the Echelon challenges, 2 cqc in 10 seconds. Throw flash bang to blind shot gunner and drone operator. get the shot gunner...and I get in a pick s**t off the ground loop. drone operator sets off his drone and starts shooting. I can't melee, frantically pushing the fire button, eventually kills operator with a sliver of life left, and bang, bloody drone kills my streak.
Whichever developer thought this was a good idea is either mentally deficient or s**t at their job.
Would have thrown the pc out off the window but a: it cost too much and b:it weighs 90lbs. Had a cup of tea instead.
I heard dinner with Maria didn't go too well, so I might still be in with a chance if I get to 2k first.

stdape
05-12-2020, 12:10 PM
If Maria wants Extras i am available lol.
Right this Fecking Game is so Annoying, i have now Killed Flycatcher Twice, and both times drones appear from nowhere and shoot me. Now as you know Flycatcher is in a Building, i show the One he sets off, before i Kill Him, so where are these extra little drones coming from?? all dead on that floor. Of Course means another restart from a New Profile :mad:
I do not mind if ii get killed, but from terrible programming its soul destroying.
I would not waste a Good Computer on UBISOFT SHTI (anagram).
As much as i enjoy the Game, they really need to fix this rubbish, we are all dying from, bad programming, not bad Playing.
Makes it worse as i am trying to Do Main Missions and did all up to Flycatcher in a Few Hours.
NOW either UBISOFT are not bothering anymore, or going to sort. BUT at least let us fecking know.
Right back to beginning if i can muster enough enthusiasm

stdape
05-12-2020, 01:47 PM
Update:
24 Hours to Tulsa but:
10 minutes to Erewhon from new Profile
25 to Rescue Fox
36 Skell Info
55 last Skell Info
60 Back to Hill
about 80 Skell at Erewhon
)
Rushing a bit so a few Errors, but not Dead so probably would have been 5 mins+ quicker
From here going to have to slow up i think, as some parts get harder like Rescuing Madera. Got Mad from Last Profile so thought RIGHT i am on a Mission lol.
When i got to Hill Second Time only had 45 kills never noticed after Skell at Erewhon.

Stenbern
05-12-2020, 02:53 PM
Now Im gonna go out and be a daredevil,body count atm 2506. I'm gonna start doing story missions and see how far I can go before I get my self killed,when I get killed I wont start up again I will save this character and see if I can use it later down the line., Game is to buggy and glitchy don't hear helo's or Azrael drone's when they fly by,sentinels in cars going around a tree in circles, sentinels spawn on top of me,dialog from people who's not around me,drones shooting thru walls etc the list go on.

Stenbern
05-12-2020, 10:53 PM
RIP Nomad the wolfs and the drones got the best of you,ended the streak on 2591 :eek:

stdape
05-13-2020, 11:00 AM
Oh No sorry to hear that. Where did you get to?
I have rescued Madera shes at the Little Island Resting. Very low Kill Streak but, concentrating on Missions.So basically at where i was before, but i think i will get killed on Flycatcher, he is not the problem, it is the Drones that appear from nowhere.

Stenbern
05-13-2020, 11:52 AM
I rescued Fox and then Skell and was fast traveling between the different story missions locations to see which one I go to next.
I took out some nearby patrols and and a Azrael drone showed up and spotted me :mad:(didn't even hear it) and all hell broke loose,wolves and flying drones. I don't know if the wolves was nearby and just joined the drones for the hunt for me but I didn't have a chance
I bet if I had the mini map on I would seen the freaking Azrael drone :confused:

Wozzupp
05-13-2020, 12:02 PM
Good run Stenbern. Nomads legacy will not be forgotten . In Aurora now seeking revenge.

Stenbern
05-13-2020, 12:09 PM
Thanks yeah it was, to bad the game have so many issues that we can't play the way we want.

stdape
05-13-2020, 04:36 PM
It is a Pain, i am back to Flycatcher, managed to get the Info from Room to open his door, after finding a better way in. But as soon as anything spots you, Invisible Drones shooting you, i managed to live and thought Feck this and turned off for a while, before i lose it lol.
What are these Idiots doing about all this?? Makes it Impossible to get anywhere. Might try later, or just move to another Mission.

stdape
05-14-2020, 07:08 PM
Hope you are still trying :) Got Fox, Skell and Madera to Erewhon done the Aurora Data Farm, so started the Heretzog? Mission.
As for Bugs, still fecking Annoying, I scan a Base for any Enemy Left, and as soon as you go to the Base more appear!!! Still luckily survived just wish this Sh!t was sorted.

Stenbern
05-15-2020, 02:31 PM
I'm not in the challenge anymore. When I continued with the game after I got kia I followed the story mission. I have taken care of Heretzog and Rosebud, now I'm doing the mission with Christina.
I also changed my settings a bit made it little easier ;)

stdape
05-16-2020, 10:29 AM
I have not changed setting as of yet. Got Heretzog, after second attempt, had to shutdown first something bugged and froze main Keys!!!
Got to rescue prisoners, and get away, which might be impossible lol. Did a load of Faction Missions instead last night, as was n in mood to do Main ones.
which settings have you changed?

stdape
05-16-2020, 02:22 PM
Finally Flycatcher is Killed and got the Gun/Intel. Talked to Victor Coste, but not started 2nd Part yet. Got Prisoners out on Heretzog Mission and ready to take them to the Bridge. On these settings I can not see myself doing it lol.
Rosebud i find easy, usually kill Him before, anyone knows, but not done on this Profile as yet.

Stenbern
05-16-2020, 09:09 PM
I have not changed setting as of yet. Got Heretzog, after second attempt, had to shutdown first something bugged and froze main Keys!!!
Got to rescue prisoners, and get away, which might be impossible lol. Did a load of Faction Missions instead last night, as was n in mood to do Main ones.
which settings have you changed?

I go with 2 guns now so I don't have to go to bivuac to change from ASR to SNR and mini map on so I can see when helos and Azarel drones fly by I still can't hear them and injuries set on often not always.

Virtual-Chris
05-16-2020, 11:39 PM
You guys are amazing... I'm in awe.

So @sdtape... what is your body count now?

stdape
05-17-2020, 02:17 PM
only 735 from today doing a few Faction Missions as bit of headache and having a few Medicinal drinks :p
Not looking at Score at present but how much we can achieve. As Bugs as dominant some are impossible. Shame Stenberg on PS4 and no Crossplay (UBI are so stupid).
I need to Build up Weaponry a Bit to try some of the Main Missions from where i have finished off above, Takes ages !!. Annoying thing Clothing is Cosmetic not Aiding on this. I do use 2 Guns and a Pistol. Good at Sniping, but if all sh!t breaks out u need an assault weapon. IF bugs were fixed no doubt we could go lots further, BUT as it is, which we all agree, we need to work on ways we are best at, and work around rest, usually ending in a Gravestone lol.
If UBI IDIOTS were to add Crossplay we could have a great team

Virtual-Chris
05-17-2020, 07:52 PM
So is Mr Stenbern the current leader with 2591?

How did you get so far? That’s insane. :)

Sdtape... what was your best bod count?

Wozzupp... are you still on a run?

Stenbern
05-17-2020, 09:36 PM
only 735 from today doing a few Faction Missions as bit of headache and having a few Medicinal drinks :p
Not looking at Score at present but how much we can achieve. As Bugs as dominant some are impossible. Shame Stenberg on PS4 and no Crossplay (UBI are so stupid).
I need to Build up Weaponry a Bit to try some of the Main Missions from where i have finished off above, Takes ages !!. Annoying thing Clothing is Cosmetic not Aiding on this. I do use 2 Guns and a Pistol. Good at Sniping, but if all sh!t breaks out u need an assault weapon. IF bugs were fixed no doubt we could go lots further, BUT as it is, which we all agree, we need to work on ways we are best at, and work around rest, usually ending in a Gravestone lol.
If UBI IDIOTS were to add Crossplay we could have a great team

Would have been fun to teamed up and see if we could do some damage :cool:

So is Mr Stenbern the current leader with 2591?

How did you get so far? That’s insane. :)

Yeah it was insane and insanely fun :D

I just kept my distance,a lot of sniping and of course the top of the stair well in any office building or control tower just took out who ever came up the stairs and used a fair amount of sync shot drones.
It was tense and the bug's in the game didn't make it any easier. was a few times I tought my luck had run out and it did in the end.
As soon as I started to do stuff like @stdape and tried to follow the main story I got my *** handed to me :mad::D

Wozzupp
05-17-2020, 10:44 PM
Yep, I'm still on a run. Just took a day to refresh. I'm currently at 1100 with164 kills undetected. Would be kinda cool to group up on a fresh start, as playing strategically with like minded people to see how far we could get would be fun. I'm on pc, btw.
Still enjoying this (though the restart is a pain - the settings/ movie intro etc) But I like the initial start. Pistol/ Melee/ Single primary only using a sniper when I kill a sniper or a DMR when in a Bivi, and swapping my G28 wilderness at the start of taking out a base, then going back and picking back up my primary.
Like I said before, major contacts are a lot more intense/ fun when you have to restart if slotted. BUT stdape is right, the sheer amount of bugs makes this game feel like a beta and not a finished game.

Virtual-Chris
05-18-2020, 09:16 AM
Wow. Good stuff. Like you guys, I found when I got into a groove, I could play indefinitely that way... except for the glitches and Azreal. Those could do you in anytime. :(

Glad to hear you’re still going Wozzup. Hope you can beat your previous best.

I hear Maria’s looking forward to a date with the winner. But it could be some time yet. ;)

stdape
05-18-2020, 10:45 AM
Wozzupp I am on PC got a spare Profile spot if you want to try a Team effort add me to your friend list

Stenbern
05-21-2020, 04:36 PM
I think I have to buy me a gaming rig :D
Are you ghosts still alive?

Wozzupp
05-23-2020, 11:14 AM
Yep, still here. Have a few 'Real Life' issue to tend with at the moment, but will be back in the next few days.

stdape
05-25-2020, 11:05 AM
Yeah still here been doing several things, still going with profile when i can, at present 1012 kills done a lot of stuff mainly faction and a few side missions, and done several Main.
My Brother just bought a new Computer so teaching him the Game on another profile.

stdape
06-03-2020, 10:57 AM
Hey still going even though at present not as much as i would like, due to Playing with Brother and Problems with Computer. Hope if you are all playing you are doing well, i have got over 1100 kills at present, dicing with Death at times lol.
Not on this Challenge but on Game with my Brother, we were attacking (Sniping) Aurora Data Farm from a Distance, which has a Mobile Drone as you know, he was firing, the Money Man got a Car and was escaping drove on top of the Drone got stuck and both went Boom :) i had to laugh, the Game does have laughable moments among the Cursing.

MikeWeeks
06-28-2020, 01:22 AM
Just wondering - is this still an active challenge by anyone?

Wozzupp
06-29-2020, 10:55 AM
Hi Mike, yep still active and I believe Stdape is still committing war crimes all over Aurora training up a new recruit, I think Stenbern is trying to loot a decent pc somewhere in Liberty. I've taken a litle break until this new update lands. But at the moment I'm just over 1300 kills, 164 kills before detection.
What platform you on?

MikeWeeks
06-30-2020, 04:34 AM
Hey, that's cool. If I ever re-start the game I'm thinking of giving it another go with a spare slot. Just to do something on the map.

I'n on a PC.

rugby_dog
07-04-2020, 09:43 AM
I started this last night and actually died within minutes (hangs head in shame).

I wondered off after the first two enemies and walked right into a patrol I’d never knew were there and died in seconds. I just had assumed there weren’t any enemies that way.

I’m tempted to start the whole game again when they release the patch and AI team mates but we shall see.