PDA

View Full Version : Horrido - Luftwaffe Shooting Primer

ViktorViktor
10-02-2005, 01:49 PM
I was looking at Bearcat's list of Sturmovik Essentials (links), and saw 'English translation of Galland's 190 gunnery manual', a link under 'Essential Reading'.

I took a look and suspect that this title is not correct. I believe it was Hannes Trautloft (better known as JG54 'Green Hearts' commander) who prepared AND ILLUSTRATED this manual, not Galland. (Did Galland ever convert to the 190 from 109s ?) JG54 was a big-time FW-190 unit, as most of you know, and Trautloft had alot of flying time in the 190.

The reason why I believe that it is Trautloft who should get credit and not Galland is because in Norbert Hannig's autobiography, he mentions this very manual and who the author is. (Trautloft was Hannig's 1st commander.) Hannig even includes a picture of the front cover and a page from the manual (looks like the last page or back cover), neither of which I could find at TX-gunslinger's website !!! But I can see that the illustrations on the front and back cover are by the same person who illustrated the manual at Tx-gunslinger's website. And I can see that the name 'Trautloft 44' on the front cover picture in Hannig's book.

Wouldn't it be great if the manual from Tx-gunslinger's website is the very same one that Hannig used to get a picture of this manual into his book ?

danjama
10-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Norbert Hannig's autobiography

Where can i get this? I would love to read actual luftwaffe pilot biographys. Especially the bit where they shoot people down in them really cool aeriplanes with the spinny things http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ViktorViktor
10-03-2005, 03:01 AM
danjama, there's a website called 'amazon' that sells books. If you pay them money, they send you a book, and you get to choose which one!! (It's true.)

That picture you show, is that an airplane with a twirly thing or is it that a spinny thing ? It's awesome !! How do you do that - I want a have a pic too when I write something.

Blisters on the wings ? Too Cool!

Gibbage1
10-03-2005, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by ViktorViktor:
danjama, there's a website called 'amazon' that sells books. If you pay them money, they send you a book, and you get to choose which one!! (It's true.)

He may not have many post's, but I like his style.