PDA

View Full Version : Just Dance Unlimited - PS4 - only works with one account?

epoophoron
04-18-2020, 11:39 PM
Hi, I have only one PS4 and it is marked as primary. We have multiple users on the PS4 - me, my kids, their friends, etc. I bought Just Dance 2020 and the Just Dance Unlimited add-on for 1 year. But it only lets me play the unlimited songs when logged in as my user. If we switch to my kids' users, they can only play the 2020 songs. I talked to Playstation support and they told me if the PS4 is marked primary then it should work and I need to talk to Ubisoft. So, Ubisoft, what's going on here?

WeWillMockYou
04-25-2020, 11:23 AM
I reached out to Ubisoft Support with the following message:

Hello,
First of all, my wife and I are massive Just Dance fans, we own all the games on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Please keep making these awesome games for Xbox Kinect!

I recently gifted my nieces an Xbox One and a copy of Just Dance 2020. Since both of them are young I purchased a Just Dance Unlimited 12 Month Pass (https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/just-dance-unlimited-12-months-pass/c5gxfsdr6mlz) with my Xbox account, launched the game and was able to play the game with all content unlocked. However, when one of my nieces logged in and launched Just Dance 2020, Just Dance Unlimited content was still showing as locked.

Searching for the answer I came across this Ubisoft forum thread of others in the same situation: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1345434-Unlimited-subscription-is-per-profile-and-not-console/page3

To get it working I ended up having to purchase another Just Dance Unlimited 12 Month Pass while in her account (but with my credit card).

I am disappointed that the limitation is not mentioned when purchasing a pass. It would be better for families to offer a per console level subscription.

Here was their response:

Thank you for reaching Ubisoft Support.

Our apologies for the delay in our reply.

I understand that after purchasing Just Dance 2020 for your nieces, you found that the Just Dance Unlimited subscription is not shared among the accounts on an XBOX One console.

I can confirm that the Just Dance Unlimited subscription is not shared among the profiles of an XBOX ONE and that this is working as intended.

That being said, please rest assured that your feedback regarding the subscription system and it's limitations will be forwarded to the appropriate team for further review.

I would also recommend that you post your suggestions and feedback on our forum pages to ensure your feedback receives as much exposure as possible. The Community Managers and Developers are always monitoring the forum pages to observe the Community opinions and reactions and take them into account for future updates.

You may reach the Official forum for the game through the link placed below:

https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisplay.php/2198-Just-Dance-2020

I would like to thank you for contacting us once again. In the future, should you have any further questions regarding this or any other issue, please contact us again. We will gladly assist you.

Best regards,
Ubi-ShugokiLord
Ubisoft Support

This is limitation should be fixed or at least offer a family pass that allows all users to access the subscription.

epoophoron
04-25-2020, 11:16 PM
It's a really disappointing limitation. They should be clear about it when you purchase. It seems pretty shady not to.