PDA

View Full Version : Another horse to beam/parachute question(s)

ZCherub
12-02-2010, 08:02 AM
I'm not one of those guys you'll hear complaining about how glitchy this game is. Do I wish it was cleaned up a bit more? Sure - but overall, the few glitches I've encountered have not prevented me from enjoying the game (although I do back up my save file frequently given the issues covered on multiple forums).

That being said, there are currently 2 issues that are taking away from some of the fun. Neither of them are critical, but I would like to 100% this game because I can, & these issues will potentially keep me from doing so.

1) Horse to beam jump thieves guild challenge. I simply do not get credit for it. Ezio does his little flip move and lands atop the beam (have tried several beam locations as well) every time - still stuck at 2 of 20. Anyone found a resolution for this?

2) My abiliy to use the parachute is gone. I have 15 in my inventory, but they do not show up for use. I've gone back to the tailor & still cannot get them equipped. I've tried pressing square in a jump from a considerable height, & nothing. I don't find them that fun/useful, but I'd like to complete the thrives guild challenge & will be unable to do so if this problem persists. Any input on solving this issue would be greatly appreciated as well.

Searches here & over other forums have not helped so far, so thanks in advance to Ubi staff or other players here who can get this all cleared up.

Thanks again,

-Cherub

Scaryphuka
12-02-2010, 10:09 AM
I have not tried the horse to beam achievment yet simply because i cant seem to ride the horse properly in a open field let alone a street with a beam lol

But the parachute issue i have this problem to i completed the war machine missions went to see leanardo to see if he gives it, he did not . i noticed a parachute icon on the bottom left and i could buy supplies for it yet i could not use it, and now after i loaded my game that icon no longer appears.

im wondering if it only comes available if you get 100% sync in the war machine missions i will try that tonight.

Do you auto-maticaly get the parachute after mission or do you speak to leonardo.

hope you get your problems fixed soon, seems to be quite a few bugs/glitches in this game

ZCherub
12-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Scary****a:
I have not tried the horse to beam achievment yet simply because i cant seem to ride the horse properly in a open field let alone a street with a beam lol

But the parachute issue i have this problem to i completed the war machine missions went to see leanardo to see if he gives it, he did not . i noticed a parachute icon on the bottom left and i could buy supplies for it yet i could not use it, and now after i loaded my game that icon no longer appears.

im wondering if it only comes available if you get 100% sync in the war machine missions i will try that tonight.

Do you auto-maticaly get the parachute after mission or do you speak to leonardo.

hope you get your problems fixed soon, seems to be quite a few bugs/glitches in this game Thanks. To answer your question, you are automatically given the parachute when you complete all 4 of the war machine missions. Are you sure you didn't skip the cut-scene? It should have happened immediately after you finished the last one. Maybe you can replay your last one & that will trigger it. It seems like you already got it, but it glitched out like it did for me.

LadyGahan2010
12-02-2010, 12:50 PM

I never do it from "riding", I always stop the horse in front of the beam, and the distance from it is very important as I noticed, and press appropriate buttons.
I don't like to do that though, the whole horse to beam as it seems horses hate it and run too far from me afterwards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Hatzego
12-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by ZCherub:
I'm not one of those guys you'll hear complaining about how glitchy this game is. Do I wish it was cleaned up a bit more? Sure - but overall, the few glitches I've encountered have not prevented me from enjoying the game (although I do back up my save file frequently given the issues covered on multiple forums).

That being said, there are currently 2 issues that are taking away from some of the fun. Neither of them are critical, but I would like to 100% this game because I can, & these issues will potentially keep me from doing so.

1) Horse to beam jump thieves guild challenge. I simply do not get credit for it. Ezio does his little flip move and lands atop the beam (have tried several beam locations as well) every time - still stuck at 2 of 20. Anyone found a resolution for this?

2) My abiliy to use the parachute is gone. I have 15 in my inventory, but they do not show up for use. I've gone back to the tailor & still cannot get them equipped. I've tried pressing square in a jump from a considerable height, & nothing. I don't find them that fun/useful, but I'd like to complete the thrives guild challenge & will be unable to do so if this problem persists. Any input on solving this issue would be greatly appreciated as well.

Searches here & over other forums have not helped so far, so thanks in advance to Ubi staff or other players here who can get this all cleared up.

Thanks again,

-Cherub

Are you holding down the feet button (x for you right?) to do the jump? I found that if you do that and let the game do the move for you it doesn't count but if you canter (coz thats not really a gallop come on) towards the beam and double tap the feet button then it counts. Also try looking around the Colloseum for beams in a more open environment.

ZCherub
12-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Myke013:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZCherub:

Thanks again,

-Cherub

Are you holding down the feet button (x for you right?) to do the jump? I found that if you do that and let the game do the move for you it doesn't count but if you canter (coz thats not really a gallop come on) towards the beam and double tap the feet button then it counts. Also try looking around the Colloseum for beams in a more open environment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hm - I actually was holding X on my second press... I'l try timing the second press and tapping it instead and post my resiults here. Thanks!

Edit: Myke was exactly right. Anyone who is having difficulties here, follow his advice. It does not matter that the animation is executed, the game picks on you for holding X down.

Simply time the second tap of X (or A on 360) to make Ezio jump at the right time, then release it. You'll see the same exact animation, but the game will count the move as executed in the challenge.

Easy as pie once you know what the game is looking for as far as button input. Thanks, Myke. Now if only I could figure out the parachute issue, I'd be done w/ all challenges....

E-Zekiel
12-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ZCherub:

Thanks again,

-Cherub

1. I think you are exaggerating when you say you "flip up and sit on top of the beam every time". It took me a long time to figure out what the rule was for something counting for the thief challenge, and I can tell you that the ONLY thing that counts is SPECIFICALLY when you do this move. Absolutely nothing else.

It's not very easy to do. If you are having difficulty with a beam, try doing it in the opposite direction. The beam I was working on this achievement for worked in one direction but not the other. One direction simply would not allow me to do the spin.

2. It seems to me that every time you replay a mission, you lose your parachutes. Not entirely sure if it is specific missions I seem to be replaying, or all of them, but suffice to say that all my replays seem to get rid of my parachutes.

What I did for this challenge was simply buy the parachutes, not do anything else in transit, and go straight to the top of Castel Sant Angelo, jump off, parachute into the water by the bridge that leads to the castle.

It took me 3-4 jumps to complete the challenge. Very time consuming, but not that bad.

ZCherub
12-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZCherub:

Thanks again,

-Cherub

1. I think you are exaggerating when you say you "flip up and sit on top of the beam every time". It took me a long time to figure out what the rule was for something counting for the thief challenge, and I can tell you that the ONLY thing that counts is SPECIFICALLY when you do this move. Absolutely nothing else.

It's not very easy to do. If you are having difficulty with a beam, try doing it in the opposite direction. The beam I was working on this achievement for worked in one direction but not the other. One direction simply would not allow me to do the spin.

2. It seems to me that every time you replay a mission, you lose your parachutes. Not entirely sure if it is specific missions I seem to be replaying, or all of them, but suffice to say that all my replays seem to get rid of my parachutes.

What I did for this challenge was simply buy the parachutes, not do anything else in transit, and go straight to the top of Castel Sant Angelo, jump off, parachute into the water by the bridge that leads to the castle.

It took me 3-4 jumps to complete the challenge. Very time consuming, but not that bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry chap - maybe some miscommunication here. The horse to beam move is VERY easy (to me at least). It was getting the game to count it that is difficult - now I know what to do thanks to Myke above, and I completed this challenge in about 5-10 mins.

The parachute issue is frustrating because I HAVE parachutes (according to my inventory), I just cannot USE them. I've tried many times to jump and use one (w/ weapons equipped, w/ fist selected, etc.) and nothing. It's really irritating, because it looks like I may be prevented from completing the Guild challenge because of this.... Thanks for the input though, and let me know if anything else comes to mind for this problem.

ZCherub
12-03-2010, 07:03 AM
To anyone interested in this (since there seem to be a handful of folks having these issues) the parachute issue is solved. I reloaded the game, & it worked (there was no icon - I jumped anyway, & the parachute deployed this time (at which point the icon returned). The only thing k can suggest is to reload your game, & try doing things that mms your game load, i.e. A mission, replay a mission, etc. Good luck to anyone still struggling w/ this! As of now, I'm finally 100% on all guild challenges. Thanks again for everyones input, & thanks to Myke for posting the solution.