PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Redstorm is no longer working on the Division 2

Stomp0nMybaIls
04-16-2020, 04:55 PM
So, interesting bit of news that's been confirmed recently, Ubisoft Redstorm no longer is working on the PvP for the Division 2, for those that don't know as a quick rundown, Redstorm was the studio started by Tom Clancy himself to create the Clancy themed games (based on his books) such as Sum of all Fears, Original Rainbow 6, and the relevant one for this discussion, Ghost Recon, which they worked on until Ghost Recon Future Soldier, where they were shifted from the primary studio into a secondary studio for Massive's upcoming MMO at the time, The Division, and Ubisoft Paris would move from the secondary studio since GRAW to takeover as the Primary Developer for the beginning development of Ghost Recon Wildlands, so with background history out of the way, what do you think Redstorm is moving onto? Could they be moved on to Breakpoint or a future Ghost Recon Project?

Discuss.

Also for proof purposes, https://twitter.com/The_Spier/status/1250061470827765764?s=20

TreFacTor
04-16-2020, 05:25 PM
What could they contribute to breakpoint that would make the effort worth it? At this point the polish has been added to the tin foil ball but its still tin foil. Maybe they can do the Ai team mates????

bigrexxx
04-16-2020, 05:32 PM
He doesn't say that Red Storm is not working on TD2 anymore, just that he is working on something different. But his last sentence, doesn't lead me to believe it's anything to do with a Clancy game.

"Skulls/cats/metal and other cool **** incoming".

Watch it be a Thundercats game, based on the upcoming movie.

ManticButton
04-16-2020, 05:44 PM
hopefully they help ubisoft Bucharest on the pvp

the original ghost war could be pretty fun but this new version is so inconsistent with random loot spawns I completely gave up on the flashbang challenge because finding them was almost impossible unless you memorised every loot location and probability of spawns for 2 different modes for every map even though in og ghost war flashbangs were standard equipment

El_Cuervacho
04-16-2020, 05:49 PM
What it seems to be happening however, is that TD2 players will be getting some ghillie hoods at our expense:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVt4ZU4WsAAEtA5?format=jpg&name=small

bigrexxx
04-16-2020, 05:56 PM
What it seems to be happening however, is that TD2 players will be getting some ghillie hoods at our expense:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVt4ZU4WsAAEtA5?format=jpg&name=small

That is actually the Sharpshooter outfit, that has been in the game since launch.

Edit never mind, I see they have added a separate top, in the last update.

CrockfordCK
04-16-2020, 06:24 PM
I don't know enough about the individuals working in Redstorm, and I don't have much hands on experience with their recent products.

But I do know that UbiParis has done, and is still doing, such a terrible, abhorrent, despicable, and insulting job with Ghost Recon and their customers, that I've no faith, zero, zilch, nada, absolutely none, in any future products that share the Ubi logo. Liars on their best of days, cheats on their worst, and willfully incompetent on every day in-between.

Even if Redstorm was to take over BP, it would make no real difference.

Flaw3dGenius23
04-16-2020, 07:46 PM
Do any of the original team still remain?

Bone_Frog
04-16-2020, 07:52 PM

Not really. A few of the original team are still with Ubisoft Paris doing GR stuff, but the rest are mostly gone.

Hugo-FOU
04-16-2020, 09:39 PM
He doesn't say that Red Storm is not working on TD2 anymore, just that he is working on something different. But his last sentence, doesn't lead me to believe it's anything to do with a Clancy game.

"Skulls/cats/metal and other cool **** incoming".

Watch it be a Thundercats game, based on the upcoming movie.

Thundercats Breakpoint crossover?

bigrexxx
04-16-2020, 10:21 PM
Thundercats Breakpoint crossover?

Good thing there's no thumbs down ability, on here. lol

GREENZOMBEE
04-16-2020, 10:57 PM
I don't know enough about the individuals working in Redstorm, and I don't have much hands on experience with their recent products.

But I do know that UbiParis has done, and is still doing, such a terrible, abhorrent, despicable, and insulting job with Ghost Recon and their customers, that I've no faith, zero, zilch, nada, absolutely none, in any future products that share the Ubi logo. Liars on their best of days, cheats on their worst, and willfully incompetent on every day in-between.

Even if Redstorm was to take over BP, it would make no real difference. You took the words right out of my mouth..I agree with you %110 !!!

FrontierRunner
04-16-2020, 11:04 PM
What could they contribute to breakpoint that would make the effort worth it? At this point the polish has been added to the tin foil ball but its still tin foil. Maybe they can do the Ai team mates????

Well.....I mean if they make it offline compatible, at least the tin foil ball could be transformed into a tin foil hat maybe? ........maybe?..............um.................yea .......no, the game is cancer.

FCacGRdvWD
04-16-2020, 11:27 PM
So, interesting bit of news that's been confirmed recently, Ubisoft Redstorm no longer is working on the PvP for the Division 2, for those that don't know as a quick rundown, Redstorm was the studio started by Tom Clancy himself to create the Clancy themed games (based on his books) such as Sum of all Fears, Original Rainbow 6, and the relevant one for this discussion, Ghost Recon, which they worked on until Ghost Recon Future Soldier, where they were shifted from the primary studio into a secondary studio for Massive's upcoming MMO at the time, The Division, and Ubisoft Paris would move from the secondary studio since GRAW to takeover as the Primary Developer for the beginning development of Ghost Recon Wildlands, so with background history out of the way, what do you think Redstorm is moving onto? Could they be moved on to Breakpoint or a future Ghost Recon Project?

Discuss.

Also for proof purposes, https://twitter.com/The_Spier/status/1250061470827765764?s=20

I question why you guys feel or even think that the main issue is with the studio (*) nd not a lot more with the wigs at the Corporation, then there is the nagging question of how many of the personnel that stayed after Red Storm was purchased and many of them lead people left were key personnel?.and I mean no disrespect to those that stayed but just like in the military, cooks and mechanics are extremely important but they are not the one doing the defending or the killing

(*) though a lot of the culprit must reside on the Studio as well because I don't particularly believe they were not aware of the bugs/glitches and not being able to fix them even now tells me that they were changes and other people are attempting to fix the initial errors).

But I do know that UbiParis has done, and is still doing, such a terrible, abhorrent, despicable, and insulting job with Ghost Recon and their customers, that I've no faith, zero, zilch, nada, absolutely none, in any future products that share the Ubi logo. Liars on their best of days, cheats on their worst, and willfully incompetent on every day in-between. I doubt very much he would have envisioned a Mythological creature as part of Ghost Recon, I can almost guarantee you that.:o

Even if Redstorm was to take over BP, it would make no real difference.

Hard to disagree with that statement.

I know of at least 3 key people that are no longer there, one of them is the guy behind Ground Branch or Black Foot Studios. I wish Ubisoft would send them a few of those wasted dollars they paid Little Twayne, I doubt very much they couldn't fix this disaster because what they have been able to create with 1% of Ubisoft budget for this game is nothing short of amazing.

SaviorBasedGod
04-17-2020, 03:43 AM
If Redstorm made Division 2 then they're as good as dead to me.

bigrexxx
04-17-2020, 03:47 AM
If Redstorm made Division 2 then they're as good as dead to me.

They only worked on the DZ, balancing gear for PVP.

Bone_Frog
04-17-2020, 08:51 AM
Many of the decisions everyone hates are really not down to the "studio" working the game, they are corporate in nature.

It is easy to say if only Redstorm did this, but at the end of the day Redstorm is just another Ubi studio. They will do what corporate wants.

Ubi is capable of making a realistic shooter, they made America's Army after all. The difference is the US Army was calling the shots on that one not Ubi corporate.

UbiT00n
04-17-2020, 11:41 AM
Moving to Off-Topic as this is a different franchise from the Tom Clancy brand :)

Please feel free to continue the discussion though