PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Miles vs. Daniel Cross..

Radman500
09-12-2011, 09:13 PM
i think Daniel Cross will have a big role, in AC3... i truly believe his story will have a role in the game narrative, and not just a canon, but offshoot story of the ac universe, and i think he will be a villain, someone that desmond will fight....

daniel killed the mentor, and single handily caused the fall of the assassins order, he is suppose to be a skilled fighter...

what do you think, will daniel have a roll in ac3, or do you think he will not

naran6142
09-12-2011, 09:19 PM
it possible

we'll probably learn more about the modern day assassins order in AC3 and Cross might come up. especially if desmond cares enough to ask a few questions

im not sure about fighting him tho, especially not a boss battle. but who no he might be a villian

GunnarGunderson
09-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
it possible

we'll probably learn more about the modern day assassins order in AC3 and Cross might come up. especially if desmond cares enough to ask a few questions

im not sure about fighting him tho, especially not a boss battle. but who no he might be a villian he's not a villain, he was just brainwashed to kill the mentor and return to Abstergo, I suspect in the Chain that he'll realize what he did and strike back against the Templars

CRUDFACE
09-12-2011, 11:31 PM
I thought that at first, but with The Chain coming out, I think they're going for that redeemable thing, where he gets better or dies trying to correct his mistakes. If he dies, that would explain why he isn't seen, mentioned or ever talked about anymore. Lol, maybe Desmond will see him at "The Farm" in a past memory of his.

Originally posted by BradKinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
it possible

im not sure about fighting him tho, especially not a boss battle. but who no he might be a villian he's not a villain, he was just brainwashed to kill the mentor and return to Abstergo, I suspect in the Chain that he'll realize what he did and strike back against the Templars </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think an assassin trained boss fight will be better than Cesare, he was boring. Now maybe if it was in stages, the boss fight I mean not like Cesare where you just smack him and get him to strip, but like 1/3 chase sequence, 2/3 combat, 3/3 assassinating him or trying to seek him out when he tries to escape.

Cross is fully in control of himself, it's only when he snaps to the control of killing the mentor did he lose control of himself. You can tell because if he was still in control, he wouldn't have panicked at the end of AC: The Fall.

Saqaliba
09-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Could it be possible that Daniel Cross is Subject 16. I dont remember the comics dating the period so they events could have taken place before Desmond's capture. Abstergo may very well use him to get to Desmond in one way or another. Or maybe he just helps Desmond due to his own usage an abusage.

GunnarGunderson
09-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Saqaliba:
Could it be possible that Daniel Cross is Subject 16. I dont remember the comics dating the period so they events could have taken place before Desmond's capture. Abstergo may very well use him to get to Desmond in one way or another. Or maybe he just helps Desmond due to his own usage an abusage. Abstergo called him Subject 4, so no

Locopells
09-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Could it be possible that Daniel Cross is Subject 16. I dont remember the comics dating the period so they events could have taken place before Desmond's capture. Abstergo may very well use him to get to Desmond in one way or another. Or maybe he just helps Desmond due to his own usage an abusage.

Read the speach bubbles that come from various radios and TV throughout the comics - it's blatenly set shortly before Bush the Second fixed his way into the US Presidency, the suggestion being that he got away with it because the Fall meant the Assassins were no longer in a position to stop him.

Originally posted by BradKinn:
Abstergo called him Subject 4, so no

What, he said.

wabashop2011
09-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Cross was Subject 4. I would probably say this took place during the mid 1980s.
Cross (out of his control) kills the Mentor, and obviously there is no way the Assassins would believe or take him back after killing such an influential leader who held the Assassins strong for a while.
He felt as he had nowhere to go, so he went back to an Abstergo facility in Philadelphia in the year 2000. (This is not the lab in AC1 OR AC2, just one of their many facilities.
Since Cross was Subject 4, and he went back in 2000, Id say Abstergo was on Subject 12ish to 13 at the time.
He lost all hope in the end, so it was his intention to be hooked to the Animus for a while. (forever)
I could definitely see Abstergo utilizing his skills, and I remember the AC team saying that he is going to play a significant role in Desmond Miles story.

Saqaliba
09-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Didnt Minerva say to guard against the cross to Desmond. Maybe that means him speciffically.

GunnarGunderson
09-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Didnt Minerva say to guard against the cross to Desmond. Maybe that means him speciffically. more likely the Templar cross, that's Why Vidic had Daniel think his last name was Cross

Calvarok
09-13-2011, 10:43 PM
I asked Ubigabe, and I told him I thought it was unlikely since Daniel Cross's whole story is set many years before the events of AC's games.

He said I was right.

Ubisoft is trying to keep the comics and games in their own separate stories. They don't want to shackle themselves to either story.

kriegerdesgottes
09-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
I asked Ubigabe, and I told him I thought it was unlikely since Daniel Cross's whole story is set many years before the events of AC's games.

He said I was right.

Ubisoft is trying to keep the comics and games in their own separate stories. They don't want to shackle themselves to either story.

I agree but I could see Desmond fighting an older Daniel as unlikely as it may seem. They appear to have made a CG model of Daniel for the Encyclopedia which seems unnecessary if he wasn't in a game but who knows.

Calvarok
09-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

He said I was right.

I agree but I could see Desmond fighting an older Daniel as unlikely as it may seem. They appear to have made a CG model of Daniel for the Encyclopedia which seems unnecessary if he wasn't in a game but who knows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you watch the Making of encyclopedia video, they say that they only have concept art, not CG models.

This includes the portraits for entries.

LightRey
09-14-2011, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

He said I was right.

I agree but I could see Desmond fighting an older Daniel as unlikely as it may seem. They appear to have made a CG model of Daniel for the Encyclopedia which seems unnecessary if he wasn't in a game but who knows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you watch the Making of encyclopedia video, they say that they only have concept art, not CG models.

This includes the portraits for entries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Really? It sure looks a lot like a CG model.

kriegerdesgottes
09-14-2011, 12:16 AM
yeah where do they say that? because I must have missed it and it really looks like a CG model.

dxsxhxcx
09-14-2011, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
I thought that at first, but with The Chain coming out, I think they're going for that redeemable thing, where he gets better or dies trying to correct his mistakes. If he dies, that would explain why he isn't seen, mentioned or ever talked about anymore. Lol, maybe Desmond will see him at "The Farm" in a past memory of his.

Daniel is still alive, if you watch the encyclopedia trailer you'll see that he only has a "born year" in his article.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OFF-TOPIC: when they plan to release The Chain comic?!

Jexx21
09-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Probably sometime around the release of Revelations. Or Early 2012.

CRUDFACE
09-15-2011, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Probably sometime around the release of Revelations. Or Early 2012.

At least we get the epilogue in the graphic novel version till then...

oliacr
03-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Desmond can win it!

masterfenix2009
03-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Why did you revive a 6 month thread?

LightRey
03-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Why did you revive a 6 month thread?
He's reviving tons of them.

jmk1999
03-24-2012, 09:47 AM
necro-posting with irrelevant content to add to the topic. thread closed.