PDA

View Full Version : Small snippet of a major issue when it comes to filming your own narrative storyline

smilecry
04-02-2020, 07:18 AM
https://youtu.be/RdLHwv8vVog

While testing out as usual for filming purposes of the game I just can't seem to get over this rendering issue that is a bane for film in GRBP that happens across ALL! platforms of the game.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

gascan75
04-02-2020, 07:54 PM
Yeah I had to find a lot of creative workarounds to a metric **** ton of glitches, bugs etc. Unfortunately I've come to realize that they put 0 horsepower into helping guys like us promote the content through creative video composition.

Last video I made... probably took about 100 player hours to compile all the footage and make the trailer- Blue was the only one remotely affiliated with Ubisoft who said anything about it. (Thanks Blue.) And yeah, as selfish as I'll sound saying this- I had higher expectations given the amount of work the team put in.

I had another thread I created that outlined a few helpful items that would make it easier for us to make promotional / highlighting videos that demonstrate the potential Breakpoint has...

Crickets- for weeks.

I think part of the problem is what I create isn't really an accurate reflection of the game... which is kind of the point I guess lol. Especially in its current state.

So basically I guess I'm saying if it's not impacting gameplay then I doubt we'll get any traction on it for the sake of making videos.

smilecry
04-04-2020, 03:38 PM
Yeah I had to find a lot of creative workarounds to a metric **** ton of glitches, bugs etc. Unfortunately I've come to realize that they put 0 horsepower into helping guys like us promote the content through creative video composition.

Last video I made... probably took about 100 player hours to compile all the footage and make the trailer- Blue was the only one remotely affiliated with Ubisoft who said anything about it. (Thanks Blue.) And yeah, as selfish as I'll sound saying this- I had higher expectations given the amount of work the team put in.

I had another thread I created that outlined a few helpful items that would make it easier for us to make promotional / highlighting videos that demonstrate the potential Breakpoint has...

Crickets- for weeks.

I think part of the problem is what I create isn't really an accurate reflection of the game... which is kind of the point I guess lol. Especially in its current state.

So basically I guess I'm saying if it's not impacting gameplay then I doubt we'll get any traction on it for the sake of making videos.

Agreed I tried many times even without a fast getaway scene don't really need it but when your trying to make a cinematic kill shot and that issue steps in then that's a major issue, man I can create some good stuff with workarounds but when I looked at 130 scenes (ranging from 15 min to an hour) and cannot do absolutely nothing with them because the issue(s) destroy the narrative the your looking to present just tells me it's not worth the effort I mean I refuse to do small stories in parts when I know I can do it in one big story without any continuations of additional parts leading up to a big finale if the idea and narrative is suitable for that, but hey it is what it is as long as they know it was them and the laziness lack of effort that went into it compared to the predecessor explains a lot.