PDA

View Full Version : [Anno 2070] - Unknown error ocurred!

jeepguy13
11-15-2019, 03:15 AM
I can log in to Uplay, but when I open Anno 2070 I get "an unknown error occurred". Unable to log in. Unable to play.

Ubi-Woofer
11-15-2019, 04:54 PM
Hey there jeepguy13 - welcome to the Ubisoft Forums! :)

As you'd mentioned having this issue in ANNO 2070, I've moved this over to our dedicated Player Support forums for the game. I hope that you don't mind!

With regard to the error message you're receiving - can you tell me more about this? Did anything unusual happen before this error started appearing? Do you experience connectivity issues / crashes on launch in multiple Ubisoft games, or just this one?

In the first instance, I'd recommend running through our basic PC troubleshooting (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025947/Basic-PC-Troubleshooting/) and connectivity troubleshooting for ANNO 2070 (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/15256/Troubleshooting-connectivity-issues-in-Anno-2070-PC/), to eliminate any basic / common issues that may be impacting your ability to open and play the game. Let me know if these resolve the issue for you!

Norbassnatur
04-01-2020, 09:12 PM
Hello guys,

Just bought the game 2 hours ago and still canīt play it because it getīs that message when i try to play.

Could someone help me please?!

JasonTheFirst
04-01-2020, 09:46 PM
I have the same problem. Yesterday or 2 days ago, the game was working fine.
Now I get Unknown error occurred while I am logging in, inside the game.
I saw that there was the same error exactly one year ago (1.4.2019) on forum, and the fix patch was needed... do we have the same situation now? :(

PrivatePyle23
04-01-2020, 10:00 PM
Saaaame
Legit was playing last night at 3am. Woke up and booted the game and now wont start!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:
UBI FIX NOW!

Theonly_Reaper
04-01-2020, 10:03 PM
Same here,

thought i would spend the day chilling out to 2070 while in lockdown but logging on inside game comes up with unknown error

JasonTheFirst
04-01-2020, 10:10 PM
Now I found discussion on Steam where some guy wrote:
"Server maintenance will take place on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and is likely to cause disconnection of the Ubisoft Club interfaces to and from Ubisoft games. "'
So if there was a maintenance, it seems there are some problems and it was prolonged... :-(

JasonTheFirst
04-01-2020, 11:32 PM
Working now!

Norbassnatur
04-01-2020, 11:45 PM
All good!

Enjoy!

UbiChrisMANG
04-01-2020, 11:54 PM
if there was a maintenance, it seems there are some problems and it was prolonged... :-(

This was indeed the reason and I'm glad to read that it is now working for you all. If the problem returns in the future please hit this thread up again to let us know!

Red.Six
05-16-2020, 08:43 PM
I have the same problem after purchasing recently. I have not been able to find a solution online and I have opened a support ticker but with no response in 15 days.

Ubi-Baron
05-19-2020, 03:04 PM
Hi Red.Six,

Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear that's been the case for you.

Due to a high number of contacts we currently have a delayed response to support cases.

Have you been through the troubleshooting steps mentioned by the Support Agent above?

Archie_Nick
10-13-2020, 03:47 PM
Hello I have the same problem, I bought it from uplay, and was playing fine yesterday, but today It's bringing the same error

lemourian
10-13-2020, 07:17 PM
The unknown error screen appears again with error to connect to servers

Swabia
10-13-2020, 07:40 PM
Yes it happened to me , too

KingVictorI
10-13-2020, 07:43 PM
I have the same problem. Steam downloaded a patch today, and I am no longer able to login. Anno 2070 launches and gets "Unknown Error" on login screen.

I have tried verifying game files on Steam. I tried running the offline official patcher. But the error is still there.

Edit:

The login now seems to be working.

Ubi-Raziel
10-17-2020, 03:35 PM
Hello I have the same problem, I bought it from uplay, and was playing fine yesterday, but today It's bringing the same error

The unknown error screen appears again with error to connect to servers

Yes it happened to me , too

I have the same problem. Steam downloaded a patch today, and I am no longer able to login. Anno 2070 launches and gets "Unknown Error" on login screen.

I have tried verifying game files on Steam. I tried running the offline official patcher. But the error is still there.

Edit:

The login now seems to be working.

Hello everyone!

We had a Ubisoft Club maintenance recently that lasted most of the day, I believe this is likely why you were unable to log in.

Everything should be working now, but please let us know if the issue remains :)