PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying: Each player's personal Nomad

Project_Eidolon
03-31-2020, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct subforum for this, but here we go!

While there is a canon Nomad, we can customize and thus define our own version of the character. Things like name, age (within reason), race, ethnicity, personality and background details are essentially left open to player interpretation. With that in mind, does anyone else have a "personal" Nomad?

Mine might be a little silly and/or over-the-top, but I like it. I headcanon that at least some of Ubisoft's games have a shared universe. For example, Ghost Recon and Assassin's Creed. In Assassin's Creed, the gods of Ancient Greece and Rome were not gods but ancient and highly-advanced humanoid beings called the Isu. They were so advanced they were basically demigods, similar to MCU Thor and other Asgardians.

Back when I was playing Wildlands, I had a thought. If the gods of ancient Greece were Isu, why couldn't the gods and goddesses of the Aztecs, Mayans and other ancient American cultures be the same? For example, the goddess who inspired Santa Muerte, the folk saint worshipped by the Santa Blanca Drug Cartel.

Furthermore, at least some characters in the Assassin's Creed universe have inherited physical abilities from Isu ancestors, such as Eagle Vision/extrasensory perception. With that in mind, I decided it's my headcanon that the Nomad I play is a descendant of the Isu that eventually came to inspire Santa Muerte. Back in Wildlands, it was pretty awesome to imagine how Santa Blanca worships Santa Muerte, and yet Santa Muerte is basically the one hunting them down and killing them. It felt like a symbol of how corrupt and wrong Santa Blanca and their actions were.

It also serves as a way to explain how she is able to survive the battles and events of the games; heightened strength, endurance, movement and reaction speed, extrasensory perception (but night vision, thermal vision and such is not a physical ability, just normal night vision etc). Kind of like a female Captain America. Holt even calls you a "******* superhero" in Breakpoint. Though I know Holt was joking, it works with my headcanon. Besides, her current outfit (https://i.imgur.com/9W34HrK.jpg) in Breakpoint does remind me of Captain America's suit.

CrockfordCK
03-31-2020, 04:58 PM
This is the perfect place for this, and this is a fun idea. A few of us have come up with different "characters" for Nomad, but this is the first intentional blending of franchises that I've seen. And the idea that Nomad was the embodiment of Santisma Muerte culling her misguided flock in WL is really cool..
Thanks for sharing.

Ghost_Fury_88
03-31-2020, 05:56 PM
awesome that you talk about this. I made up a backstory for my female Nomad. Not as cool and fully developed as yours :) but I put a little something together. In my headcanon universe Sandoval survived and they are working together. And other stuff....
Besides that my operator may know for whatever reason (I didn't fully figure that put yet) Jacob Seed from the Farcry Universe. I love to play with the Ubisoft game Universes and try to put them together.

I must say I like what you made up for yours. I'd love to read more about it.

Project_Eidolon
04-01-2020, 06:31 PM
This is the perfect place for this, and this is a fun idea. A few of us have come up with different "characters" for Nomad, but this is the first intentional blending of franchises that I've seen. And the idea that Nomad was the embodiment of Santisma Muerte culling her misguided flock in WL is really cool..
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

awesome that you talk about this. I made up a backstory for my female Nomad. Not as cool and fully developed as yours but I put a little something together. In my headcanon universe Sandoval survived and they are working together. And other stuff....
Besides that my operator may know for whatever reason (I didn't fully figure that put yet) Jacob Seed from the Farcry Universe. I love to play with the Ubisoft game Universes and try to put them together.

I must say I like what you made up for yours. I'd love to read more about it.

Thanks! Yours sounds very interesting! It's nice that you've included Ricky Sandoval and Jacob Seed. I assume your Nomad met Jacob Seed while Jacob Seed was still in the US military?

Have you decided on a real name for your Nomad? My Nomad's real name is Sarah Ashford. She joined the US Army at the age of 17 (the bare minimum age to join the army) and underwent selection for Delta Force at 22. She was recruited into the Ghosts at age 26 (Ghosts around that age are not unheard of, Holt joined at 27). She's got Incan/Ecuadorian, British and Swedish ancestry.

Ghost_Fury_88
04-04-2020, 09:10 PM
Thanks! Yours sounds very interesting! It's nice that you've included Ricky Sandoval and Jacob Seed. I assume your Nomad met Jacob Seed while Jacob Seed was still in the US military?

Correct :) something like this but I am not 100% sure yet.

Her career is very similar to the 'real' in game Nomads career, except for the fact that she is actually from Brazil (she came at a young age to the US with her parents) And her real name is (hold on it's a long one...) Danica 'Dany' Morena - Simoes . I don't have it all fully figured yet since it is actually just for fun :)

Project_Eidolon
04-05-2020, 11:25 AM
Sounds good!

My personal Nomad's career is similar to the canon Nomad's career, too. Though she was born in the US.....probably Montana. Maybe Southwest Montana, where Hope County is located? :cool:

I decided to change her gear as I wanted her to look more like a proper soldier, with magazine pouches and so on. So I went for the Third Echelon gear (https://i.imgur.com/mRX88RU.jpg). It's relatively slim and it's got that sophisticated futuristic look, and it includes a plate carrier. I have her take out and put on the Fourth Echelon goggles at night or in dark areas, storing them in her backpack during the day.