PDA

View Full Version : Anno 1404 Venice invalid serial

CTAC.Praetorian
03-30-2020, 10:04 PM
Hello there,

Today I tried to redeem an Anno 1404 Gold Edition key, which worked great. Then I tried to activate the multiplayer part (this was in-game) of the addon - Anno 1404 Venice but it rejects my serial number as invalid. I'd like to ask what's the problem here and how can it get fixed?

Cheers.

PS: I've only one key. Uplay shows that the Venice addon as accessible/playable.

dmdilks
03-31-2020, 01:06 PM
First of all you don't need a key to play the multiplayer part.
1. On the main screen click on Player Profile.
2. Then click on the Profile management.
3. To the right click to Create a online profile.
4. Once in there Just user name you use here on the forum. Plus only the user name and you don't need the email.
5. You use the password you use here too.

6. For future use you don't need a key on the gold edition if you don't the 3.1 patch. Plus for the other people that have the regular game and add-on. If you do all the updates no key is needed.

CTAC.Praetorian
03-31-2020, 01:46 PM
It seems I can only create an online profile with my old/legacy account name, not the one used here on the forum. I can't install Anno 1404 1.3 nor Venice 2.1 nor Gold Edition 3.1 patches, it fails on recognizing the installation or something. The Uplay version seems already updated to the latest versions, though: Venice - v2.01.5010
Anno 1404 - 1.03.3645.

dmdilks
03-31-2020, 03:22 PM
You didn't say what you version you had. I was going by you had just the Gold edition. Yes the Uplay is up to date. I have all the version out there. From Steams version, DOD, 1404 & add-on, 1404 Gold edition. And Uplay gold edition.

Plus you didn't need to make a new account here you can still use your old account that you have here. That is how Ubisoft tracks your account. But it looks like you are on line with the multiplayer.

CTAC.Praetorian
04-01-2020, 01:40 AM
Sorry, I thought it was evident I have the Uplay version considering I'm posting it on this forum and not over on Gog's or Steam's. Anyway, right now I'm no closer to getting the multiplayer working. Since you have the Gold Edition on Uplay, did you have to enter a serial number to get the multiplayer part of Venice working?

I also submitted a case to Ubi support but they're in no hurry replying, probably having a lot of cases submitted to them these days.

dmdilks
04-01-2020, 07:47 PM
It seems I can only create an online profile with my old/legacy account name, not the one used here on the forum

How do log-in on Uplay? If you are using the old/legacy account name. That is what you have to use.

Since you have the Gold Edition on Uplay, did you have to enter a serial number to get the multiplayer part of Venice working?

Yes I enter a key code when I first started the game. I don't know why we need the key code. On every other game you just install and play it.

I didn't need a serial # I just used the user name & password that I use no matter if I log-in here or Uplay.

You can't use any other account other then the one you use for Uplay. I think you have to use the old/legacy account name.