PDA

View Full Version : Ever have this happen??

slappedsilly
02-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Sometimes when I play online and typing to players some, I get stuck outside my plane. I start in cockpit hit I to start nothing happens. I hit f2 for external and I switch to outside view of ANOTHER plane never to return to mine. f1 wont work. WTF, this is irritating me to death. It may have something to do with the ~ key. Any ideas. Sorry if this is obvious to some but I must confess ignorance here.

Ken_Det
02-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Are you bumping the Ctrl button ?

slappedsilly
02-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Crtl button? Possibly, I hit alot of keys in the panic of getting shot up. Why whats that do?

Akronnick
02-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Do you use a programmable joystick? If so, the program may be holding down a key, perhaps shift, ctrl or alt. Try starting the game without your joystick software running.

MrMojok
02-17-2007, 09:31 PM
ctrl-F2 does switch to an external view of another plane. But, f1 should get you back inside yours.

Hrdina
02-17-2007, 09:36 PM
This sounds quite similar to a problem I used to have.

If I remember correctly, moving my controllers (CH Stick/Throttle/Pedals) from my powered hub to the mobo USB ports corrected this (and some other issues as well).

Swivet
02-18-2007, 01:18 AM
i get something similiar if i am typing to someone and tried resizing the chat box..everything freezes,,,,none of the keys work,yet the plane still flys and can only view it in one view,,,flybye or whatever....but noticed if the chat box is opened with no text and then you enter any line of text in it, it will unfreeze,,go figure ,some bug i spose