PDA

View Full Version : The "Hostage Wrecks You Team."

gascan75
03-16-2020, 09:28 PM
This is a series of outtakes, bloopers and glitches prevalent during the making of my upcoming video. There's a lot of moving parts and a metric **** ton of work involved in capturing useful footage that preserves a cinematic view.

I'm excited to share the end result, but until then wanted to share a sample of how much work is involved organizing, framing, orchestrating as well as overcoming just individual mistakes- many of them my own!

https://youtu.be/t5UZhpC-jT0

A list of notable glitches shared in the PC Support forum:

In order of appearance:

0:45: Amphibious vehicle sinks (probably not a glitch but whaaaaat?)
1:04: Carrying drone glitch
3:17: Camera mode locked in terrain / features (This happens whenever looking down sites from prone position in any terrain)
5:17: HUD off, Camera mode- still have white tags visible for loot items.
5:36: Drone carriage again
5:57: Bodies out of sync between players
11:15: Inventory somehow switches to grenades from previously selected item.
11:38 - 11:50 is just hilarious so watch that anyway.
12:02: Character movement glitch
12:17- 12:30: Another must watch... you'll figure it out.
14:28-15:42: Series of character movement glitches... hilarious
15:44: Arm glitch 1
16:13: Arm glitch 2
17:12: Opheus landing gear glitch... Important to note at close distance it doesn't render...
19:11: Another view of Opheus landing gear glitch.

CrockfordCK
03-17-2020, 12:11 AM
Hype! Hype! Hype!

Looking forward to the finished product.
Those C4 shenanigans made my day.

gascan75
03-17-2020, 01:43 AM
Hype! Hype! Hype!

Looking forward to the finished product.
Those C4 shenanigans made my day.

I still laugh when I watch those...

So. Many. Takes.

On another note, worth mentioning I got some pretty direct feedback from my last RAID video and some of the others too... though it seemed harsh, once I got some time to think about it all the fact is it was entirely accurate and I needed to adjust some of my techniques.

I thank everyone for the feedback I've received in the past and want you to know I'm listening... This finished video will be that much better because of your input!

scot-mitchel
03-18-2020, 04:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PifoGSQU9Y&list=PLSuOFLlSV4RHZxP87FVRG5AhJTt26zOLf&index=2

TrickShady
03-18-2020, 08:41 PM
Oh **** nope can't do that lol brilliant gas :D

TrickShady
03-18-2020, 08:57 PM
Awesome work folks i look forward to seeing this done.

Best breakpoint vid i've seen in a while and highlights how much fun can be had and also how damn glitchy it is.

gascan75
03-19-2020, 02:46 AM
Awesome work folks i look forward to seeing this done.

Best breakpoint vid i've seen in a while and highlights how much fun can be had and also how damn glitchy it is.

Thanks Trick- a lot of work goes into this but Ubisoft isn't entirely to blame for that. I can't let potential like this go unappreciated- I just hope they keep working towards something better.

TrickShady
03-19-2020, 10:38 AM
Thanks Trick- a lot of work goes into this but Ubisoft isn't entirely to blame for that. I can't let potential like this go unappreciated- I just hope they keep working towards something better.

Yeah i can imagine it is a lot of work but it's sure worth it.

Nice to see some positive stuff produced from the game. Keep at it i think things are going to improve :)