PDA

View Full Version : Unable to be matched up in MP

Frqnt4ager
03-14-2020, 01:42 PM
Not sure if somethings up with the server or what, but I have been unable to get matched up in MP since last night. Tried to race with a friend, around 1:00 am est, and it wouldn't pair us up even though we were both in a lobby and searching for a session. We tried for over 30 min with no luck what so ever. Then, just a lil bit ago at 8:35 am, it was the same deal with another friend. We were both in a lobby, but we never got matched up. I'm in diamond division and the first attempt was with a silver division, so thought that might be the case, but the most recent try was with another diamond. My internet is working and new times are being saved to the LB, so it's nothing on our end. ???

Ihateuplaykk
03-14-2020, 03:13 PM
I can confirm these experiences with Frqnt4ager. Yesterday, I managed to race some other players, the latest match being maybe 15:30 UTC, but I don't know about today due to how few players there are. So whether Frqnt4ager is on a blacklist or the game is having problems, it's impossible to say. My races yesterday were on a network with Strict NAT type, but today I've been trying at home with Open NAT type, so even if something has changed with Frqnt4ager's network, his game should still be able to initiate the communication with mine.

The only players who have got out of silver rank on Switch this season (which seems easier now - you can get diamond in a day on more popular platforms) are hot stuff (1842 points), Abiiiiii (1916), Laci (2127), myself (2535) and Frqnt4ager (2737). I don't have plans on playing more this season, and I don't know about others. What I do know is Frqnt4ager plays a lot of multiplayer, so for the sake of Switch multiplayer not dying completely, it's kind of important he can find matches when others are online.

Ubi-Spud
03-14-2020, 06:31 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the information.

Really sorry that these connection errors occured. Have you guys ran through the steps in this FAQ? (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/faqs/000036607/Connectivity-issues-in-Trials-Rising-on-Nintendo-Switch-TR)

I only ask because I've checked on our end, and there are people playing right now. Servers are up and running. Do you guys live in a similar area or use the same ISP?

Frqnt4ager
03-14-2020, 09:09 PM
There might have been something with the servers. Someone on reddit, 4 hrs ago, said no one had found matches since 1am UK time on any console. They said they mentioned it on facebook, so maybe it's working now, but I'll have to get back to you on that. To answer your questions tho ... Our games and internet are fine and there's no need to run thru the faq. Ihateuplaykk n I live in separate areas, but the other friend is in same timezone.

Edit: As of 5:55pm est, there hasn't been any new MP scores set after 1 am ubi time (I actually just took the time to look thru every division).
Ubi-Spud, I think you may be mistaking ppl online with MP, because there's no way anyone was playing MP when you responded.

UbiDork
03-15-2020, 12:07 AM
Frqnt4ager: I do appreciate the update you have provided here and thank you for giving that information about your matches! I see that you said you would get back about if this issue was still occurring, but you still haven't seen any new MP scores. If you're still having this issue then, I would like to encourage that you try the steps that were provided by Ubi-Spud.

Frqnt4ager
03-15-2020, 12:26 AM
I appreciate that you have to go thru the scripted things you guys do, but it's nothing on our end. I tried to get a match before my last post and, after not getting one for over an hr, I looked at the MP LB to see if anyone had put in new scores. I just doubled checked and there isn't any new scores since a lil before 1:00 (whatever timezone is used). Basically there hasn't been any new scores in like 24 hrs. This is for all consoles, not just the Switch.

Ubi-Viral
03-15-2020, 05:10 PM
I appreciate that you have to go thru the scripted things you guys do, but it's nothing on our end. I tried to get a match before my last post and, after not getting one for over an hr, I looked at the MP LB to see if anyone had put in new scores. I just doubled checked and there isn't any new scores since a lil before 1:00 (whatever timezone is used). Basically there hasn't been any new scores in like 24 hrs. This is for all consoles, not just the Switch.

We can understand that you feel this is not on your end and it may not be, however with these types of issue we do ask that you still try the troubleshooting steps we linked please.

Frqnt4ager
03-15-2020, 05:35 PM
We can understand that you feel this is not on your end and it may not be, however with these types of issue we do ask that you still try the troubleshooting steps we linked please.

I've already told you guys that new times were being saved. I've even set more new times since my last post as well as set new high scores in other games. My game is up to date and my internet is working, even logged into the ubisoft server. I just checked again (12:27 est) and there still isn't any new scores on the MP LB.

I'm gonna have to ask you guys to please provide a screenshot or short video showing that MP has been working past 1 am ubisoft time on 3/14/2020. Have you guys gone thru troubleshooting on your side?

Frqnt4ager
03-15-2020, 10:08 PM
Support ...

When I say that everything is fine on my end that means I've already checked things out and I'm letting you know that things are fine on my end. I know how support works and that the first thing brought up is the faq and troubleshooting, followed by a screenshot or short video. It's super frustrating when you become pushy about scripts even after I've already let you know that an issue is on your side of things. Just saying.

Frqnt4ager
03-16-2020, 11:26 AM
Update

Things appear to be working again. I noticed that there was finally some new scores set so checked out the lobby and was able to get matched up.

In the future, tho, please either let 1 support person handle things or, at least, take the time to read thru everything. There was 3 different support ppl in this thread and all of them were trying to start at step 1 when I'm already on step 3. Another thing ... Make sure the support ppl know what it is they're actually looking at. You guy's had someone in here trying to tell me they could see ppl playing without even realizing they were looking at the wrong thing. It's near impossible to help someone if the person trying to help doesn't even understand what it is they're trying to help with.

thnx

Ubi-Raziel
03-17-2020, 09:51 PM
Update

Things appear to be working again. I noticed that there was finally some new scores set so checked out the lobby and was able to get matched up.

In the future, tho, please either let 1 support person handle things or, at least, take the time to read thru everything. There was 3 different support ppl in this thread and all of them were trying to start at step 1 when I'm already on step 3. Another thing ... Make sure the support ppl know what it is they're actually looking at. You guy's had someone in here trying to tell me they could see ppl playing without even realizing they were looking at the wrong thing. It's near impossible to help someone if the person trying to help doesn't even understand what it is they're trying to help with.

thnx

Hello! First of all I'm happy to see everything is working now, that is great to read.

I'd also like to apologise for how you feel this support thread was handled. I'd like to be clear that although we may feel scripted with some of our initial responses, this really is not the case, we're just trying to get the base steps covered.

There are of course many different connectivity issues that a player may face, however they usually drive from the same sources, such as network restrictions or conflicting software. If the issue remains and as the discussion develops, that's when we more openly tailor steps to your experience.

I hope that helps reassure you a little, I didn't want you to feel as though you were being given copy-paste answers.

All the best!

Frqnt4ager
03-20-2020, 06:38 PM
Hello! First of all I'm happy to see everything is working now, that is great to read.

I'd also like to apologise for how you feel this support thread was handled. I'd like to be clear that although we may feel scripted with some of our initial responses, this really is not the case, we're just trying to get the base steps covered.

There are of course many different connectivity issues that a player may face, however they usually drive from the same sources, such as network restrictions or conflicting software. If the issue remains and as the discussion develops, that's when we more openly tailor steps to your experience.

I hope that helps reassure you a little, I didn't want you to feel as though you were being given copy-paste answers.

All the best!

I wanted to cool off before responding to this. ...

I'm willing to admit that I could've made this go a lil smoother. It was my bad for not specifically saying that I had already gone thru the troubleshooting steps. I'll make sure to be clear on that in the future, instead of just saying things are good on my end and that my internet is working. The thing that annoyed me the most though was how 2 support ppl jumped in with the troubleshooting and faq after I had already said "Someone on reddit, 4 hrs ago, said no one had found matches since 1am UK time on any console. They said they mentioned it on facebook, so maybe it's working now, but I'll have to get back to you on that. To answer your questions tho ... Our games and internet are fine ...". To me, that was all the info support needed to understand that it was something on ubi's side of things. This isn't the first time someone from support has responded in a way that suggests they didn't bother fully reading things before posting. Unfortunately, not everyone is as on point with their job as you are. You really seem to go above n beyond to help out players and it's greatly appreciated. Thank you for your dedicated work.

MadMotoMan
03-21-2020, 02:41 PM
Kinda hate to say this Frqnt4ager, but I can relate. Mostly there are some really helpful people here, but I've run into similar responses where I was asked to try something that in the previous post I said I already tried. That's can be about as frustrating as the bug itself. Most of the bugs I report are minor things but I figure sharing my findings helps the community and devs in general in making things better.