PDA

View Full Version : x4 missile. How do you use it?

halodestroyed
09-04-2007, 03:09 AM
i just posted a new topic yesterday and in it someone mentions the x-4 missile. now i know this is controllable but for the life of me i cant work out how to controll it. could somebody please give me a detailed little tutorial ont he x-4 missile

x6BL_Brando
09-04-2007, 04:06 AM
could somebody please give me a detailed little tutorial

Er, no. I can only tell you that it's wire-guided - that you use the bomb-sight controls to steer it - and don't be too close when it goes off! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But I can't really beat the Readme:
X-4 Rocket

The X-4 air-to-air rocket is wire guided. All rocket-carrying aircraft (Ta-152C, Ta-183 and Heinkel Lerche III) have a single rocket control module, and as such can guide only one rocket at a time. When launching multiple rockets simultaneously, only the last rocket fired can be guided.

To guide the rocket, use the "Increase Sight Attitude", "Decrease Sight Attitude", "Adjust Sight Control to Right" and "Adjust Sight Control to Left" keys. We recommend assigning them to the Up, Down, Right, and Left arrow keys correspondingly.

The easiest way to guide the rocket to target is to fire from the target's six-o-clock level while flying on the same course. Guide the rocket to keep the lights on top of the target with no visible lateral movement until the moment of impact. Use gentle taps to provide last-minute guidance. The rockets detonate remotely, so no direct impact is required.

This method should be used to attack non-maneuvering heavy bombers from 3,000 to 3,500 meters away.

NOTE: The guiding wire is not visually modeled.

B http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

BBB_Hyperion
09-04-2007, 04:09 AM
Try the x4 in fighter vs fighter combat just got 2 or 3 direct hits yet (vs jet fighters) that is a challenge.

Bewolf
09-04-2007, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by BBB_Hyperion:
Try the x4 in fighter vs fighter combat just got 2 or 3 direct hits yet (vs jet fighters) that is a challenge.

But immmidiate and deep satisfaction resulting in a wicket grin once you manage ; )

JG4_Greif
09-04-2007, 07:02 AM
You control it with thous bombsight controls. I cannto tell you exactly what is what, because I have the game installed in german. Just test it, and you will see which one works. Push and hold the button and you will see if the X4 changes its direction.

halodestroyed
09-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Thankyou everyone i will go and test what you have told me immediatly and finnallly ill be able to use it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PBNA-Boosher
09-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Hmm... In my case I can only control the 1st rocket I fired if I fire multiple rockets. The control doesn't pass to the next rocket for me. Does this problem exist with anyone else?

berg417448
09-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
Hmm... In my case I can only control the 1st rocket I fired if I fire multiple rockets. The control doesn't pass to the next rocket for me. Does this problem exist with anyone else?

I think you can only control one rocket at a time. To control a second rocket you have to wait until the first has exploded or "disappears".

SlickStick
09-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by berg417448:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:

I think you can only control one rocket at a time. To control a second rocket you have to wait until the first has exploded or "disappears". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From Brando's fine post above of the X-4 ReadMe:

"The X-4 air-to-air rocket is wire guided. All rocket-carrying aircraft (Ta-152C, Ta-183 and Heinkel Lerche III) have a single rocket control module, and as such can guide only one rocket at a time. When launching multiple rockets simultaneously, only the last rocket fired can be guided."

I love using the Lerche (you rang) as a SAM site. Some servers that allow the Lerche forbid this use, but others do not and thus allow vulching of grounded Lerches acting as a SAM site, much like they do bombers who spawn and shoot at fighters over their base. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Warrington_Wolf
09-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by berg417448:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:

I think you can only control one rocket at a time. To control a second rocket you have to wait until the first has exploded or "disappears". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes you can only control one X-4 at a time, I found out that fact in the worst possible way. Check out the thread titled strangest, wierdest, funnyiest thing you've done in IL2 for details.