PDA

View Full Version : Should Ezio die in AC Embers ?

Turkiye96
07-25-2011, 04:12 PM
ok well seeing as Ezio will survive AC Revelations, we have to ask ourselves, will he die in this upcoming short movie?

also the reason they made it into a movie was because (as they said) they just couldn't do some of the stuff if it was in the game (eg. look at the life of Ezio after he had children) and so we could actually see him die in the movie

so what do you think? do you wana see him finally pass on, either by natural causes or in a fight..

Assassin_M
07-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Come on man, I know I will be sad and I might be depressed for some time but his death will bring closure to such a great character

LightRey
07-25-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't really care. I had enough closure after ACII. I'm more interested in his descendants really.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I don't really care. I had enough closure after ACII. I'm more interested in his descendants really.

At this point, so am I. I wasn't to keen on Ezio in the beginning, though he's grown on me a bit....

cless711
07-25-2011, 06:10 PM
As much as i wouldn't want him to, I think he will die in Embers... D= Since the short movie isn't really part of the animus there is a good chance we will see how he dies..

Animuses
07-25-2011, 07:06 PM
I doesn't matter whether or not he dies, what matters is if his end is done right.

CRUDFACE
07-25-2011, 07:52 PM
I wonder if I'll have enough time to watch embers after I'm done playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations for the thirtieth time...oh the mysteries.

But seeing as he's old...though that never stopped him before, coupled with him not mattering to the story by then, and how some scenes have him clutching his chest and stuff, I'm gonna have to go with the thumbs down approach and issue his death sentence.

Ezio, I didn't like you allot, but you did grow on me and I respect you for that. Now go die http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

wiccanlovely
07-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by t260z: Ezio, I didn't like you allot, but you did grow on me and I respect you for that. Now go die http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Well that's kind of a mean thing to say http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Anyway, I don't want him to die but I understand that it would work well for the story and that's already lived a pretty full life, especially in terms of the time period. Don't mean I won't cry like a baby when it happens though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 09:46 PM
I could just see him sitting in his home, family gathered round a fire in the fire place. Wife, and Children there, little ones (grandchildren) all around. He'd be telling them stories, reminiscent of old times. As he tells his final story, the watch and listen intently. As he dismisses them, waving them off to bed, the ladies, being his wife and daughter depart. His son approaches him, as he's leaning above his fireplace. His son places a hand on his shoulder, comforting him slightly.

He walks to his right, shadows flickering. He moves to a chest, and opens it, having been already unlocked. He takes out his Assassin robes, folded neatly. The focus turns to his face, as tears swell in his eyes. Quickly, the tears are forced back, he glimpses over his left shoulder, towards his son who is still at the mantel. He turns to face him, and walks slowly towards him. And hands the robes to his son, telling him that it's time for him to carry on.

The camera pulls back. You see the two continue to talk,.... The screen fades out. As it comes back into focus, time has obviously lapsed, and the family is gathered. There is a white coffin being lowered into the ground, roses having been placed on top. As it is slowly lowered, having almost reached the bottom of the burial site, the camera angle changes, from facing the family, to above them all now.

Showing the angle from above, you see the coffin settle, roses in place, and the Assassin's symbol in the middle of the coffin, about where the personís chest would be. Ezio, is the only person missing. The family turns to leave, having said they're goodbyes. The camera slowly focuses on they Assassin symbol, as all goes dark, and the symbol changes to a metallic silver color. And words appear: Assassin's Creed, Embers.

What do you all think of an ending like that?

Michael891210
07-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Ezio should miss in a Leap of faith.

Turkiye96
07-26-2011, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Michael891210:

haha nice one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

LightRey
07-26-2011, 03:24 AM
Now that's dying by the creed.

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2011, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
I could just see him sitting in his home, family gathered round a fire in the fire place. Wife, and Children there, little ones (grandchildren) all around. He'd be telling them stories, reminiscent of old times. As he tells his final story, the watch and listen intently. As he dismisses them, waving them off to bed, the ladies, being his wife and daughter depart. His son approaches him, as he's leaning above his fireplace. His son places a hand on his shoulder, comforting him slightly.

He walks to his right, shadows flickering. He moves to a chest, and opens it, having been already unlocked. He takes out his Assassin robes, folded neatly. The focus turns to his face, as tears swell in his eyes. Quickly, the tears are forced back, he glimpses over his left shoulder, towards his son who is still at the mantel. He turns to face him, and walks slowly towards him. And hands the robes to his son, telling him that it's time for him to carry on.

The camera pulls back. You see the two continue to talk,.... The screen fades out. As it comes back into focus, time has obviously lapsed, and the family is gathered. There is a white coffin being lowered into the ground, roses having been placed on top. As it is slowly lowered, having almost reached the bottom of the burial site, the camera angle changes, from facing the family, to above them all now.

Showing the angle from above, you see the coffin settle, roses in place, and the Assassin's symbol in the middle of the coffin, about where the personís chest would be. Ezio, is the only person missing. The family turns to leave, having said they're goodbyes. The camera slowly focuses on they Assassin symbol, as all goes dark, and the symbol changes to a metallic silver color. And words appear: Assassin's Creed, Embers.

I like that, altho I'd like it to be more of a ....spectacle..ya know, all the members of the order at the burial ground, and maybe some other people he did business with during his life, and maybe a few lines by Bartoleomeo, Claudia, Maria and Niccolo expressing their feelings for Ezio....

Dag_B
07-26-2011, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
I doesn't matter whether or not he dies, what matters is if his end is done right.
Exactly.

Also I would think he'll die.

@Poodle_of_Doom:
How corny.

AC-FANBOY
07-26-2011, 06:40 AM
[/QUOTE]

I like that, altho I'd like it to be more of a ....spectacle..ya know, all the members of the order at the burial ground, and maybe some other people he did business with during his life, and maybe a few lines by Bartoleomeo, Claudia, Maria and Niccolo expressing their feelings for Ezio....[/QUOTE]

Maria, Niccolo and Bartoleomeo have died already. Well at that age. *Spoiler* Bartoleomeo dies in combat, Niccolo dies because of the Medici thinking he betrayed them and Maria would of passed on in old age.

AC-FANBOY
07-26-2011, 06:42 AM
Well, I think Ezio's gonna die in death but saving his family. Then, his family attempts to pass the creed.

CRUDFACE
07-26-2011, 07:45 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif I am definitely down with this one. The fact that you wrote it out so well helped to picture a good experience. the only thing I'd want added is a scene like they showed in the trailer where instead of the assassin looking up into the moon, a few, key assassins are in a semi circle, setting down some flowers that they didn't get the chance to do in public then just standing there, thinking of their master.

nightcobra
07-26-2011, 08:24 AM
from what i saw in the trailer i gather it'll be something like this:

ezio is living with his family in italy, having settled down his only worries were to raise his children and growing old(older http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) with his wife(most likely sofia sorto), up until one day when ezio is attacked, he kills the assailant and discovers who were behind this and their location.
at sunset he sends off his family to safety, and when night has fallen he dons the old robes for one final hunt.

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by AC-FANBOY:
I like that, altho I'd like it to be more of a ....spectacle..ya know, all the members of the order at the burial ground, and maybe some other people he did business with during his life, and maybe a few lines by Bartoleomeo, Claudia, Maria and Niccolo expressing their feelings for Ezio....

Maria, Niccolo and Bartoleomeo have died already. Well at that age. *Spoiler* Bartoleomeo dies in combat, Niccolo dies because of the Medici thinking he betrayed them and Maria would of passed on in old age.[/QUOTE]

Dunno about that...and fail quote :P

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RUIN THAT! ahem...aside from that, Ezio is the only person living from his time or what 0_o You still DID get the point, show the reaction of some people he knew THAT STILL LIVE.

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by AC-FANBOY:

Maria, Niccolo and Bartoleomeo have died already. Well at that age. *Spoiler* Bartoleomeo dies in combat, Niccolo dies because of the Medici thinking he betrayed them and Maria would of passed on in old age.

Dunno about that...and fail quote :P

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RUIN THAT! ahem...aside from that, Ezio is the only person living from his time or what 0_o You still DID get the point, show the reaction of some people he knew THAT STILL LIVE.

It COULD be a few of the assassins he recruited in Roma ?

ThaWhistle
07-26-2011, 11:21 AM
id rather just see the old bastard at peace sitting around doing nothing for a change.

naran6142
07-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
id rather just see the old bastard at peace sitting around doing nothing for a change.

Agreed

theres no better way of saying it

wiene2009
07-26-2011, 12:47 PM
This is kinda how I see Ezio's end.

Grandpa Ezio is walking trough Firenze. On his tour, he passes landmarks like Palazzo della Signoria, Leonardo's workshop, Cristina's house, Santa Trinita and of course Palazzo Auditore. At every landmark we see a flashback of a certain event that happened at the place. (opening scene of ACII at Santa Trinita, the execution at Palazzo della Signoria)

During the tour, ''Ezio's Family'' starts playing.
Ezio reaches the Arno, takes place in a boat and he slowly glides away with the stream, just like his family did, many years ago. Camera zooms out, and the screen turns black. The assassin's symbol appears, and we see many names flashing trough the screen. (all names of people known to Ezio). Every name fades away, until we only see Ezio Auditore da Firenze. The screen turns all black and we listen to the last notes of ''Ezio's family''

Poodle_of_Doom
07-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by wiene2009:
This is kinda how I see Ezio's end.

Grandpa Ezio is walking trough Firenze. On his tour, he passes landmarks like Palazzo della Signoria, Leonardo's workshop, Cristina's house, Santa Trinita and of course Palazzo Auditore. At every landmark we see a flashback of a certain event that happened at the place. (opening scene of ACII at Santa Trinita, the execution at Palazzo della Signoria)

During the tour, ''Ezio's Family'' starts playing.
Ezio reaches the Arno, takes place in a boat and he slowly glides away with the stream, just like his family did, many years ago. Camera zooms out, and the screen turns black. The assassin's symbol appears, and we see many names flashing trough the screen. (all names of people known to Ezio). Every name fades away, until we only see Ezio Auditore da Firenze. The screen turns all black and we listen to the last notes of ''Ezio's family''

This is very sentamental. However it ends for Ezio, I only hope he's paid the respect he deserves.

johke13
07-27-2011, 04:15 PM
If Ezio does die, I'm going to cry regardless. He grew on me.

LightRey
07-27-2011, 04:39 PM
I know one thing for sure. He's going to do/say/experience something awesome.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-27-2011, 04:51 PM

Wouldn't it be something if another Assassin, one of his recruits, turned up to murder him? I mean, what if the Templars figured out he was recruiting, and how, and infiltrated the order...

LightRey
07-27-2011, 05:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Wouldn't it be something if another Assassin, one of his recruits, turned up to murder him? I mean, what if the Templars figured out he was recruiting, and how, and infiltrated the order... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dunno. I don't think that would be a nice way to end his life and I don't think the order could be infiltrated so easily to the extent that the mentor could be killed by an infiltrator.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-27-2011, 05:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Wouldn't it be something if another Assassin, one of his recruits, turned up to murder him? I mean, what if the Templars figured out he was recruiting, and how, and infiltrated the order... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dunno. I don't think that would be a nice way to end his life and I don't think the order could be infiltrated so easily to the extent that the mentor could be killed by an infiltrator. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa! Slow your role little man! Never did I say that he'd be killed....

LightRey
07-27-2011, 05:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

I dunno. I don't think that would be a nice way to end his life and I don't think the order could be infiltrated so easily to the extent that the mentor could be killed by an infiltrator. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa! Slow your role little man! Never did I say that he'd be killed.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
sry, I just assumed. xD
I guess that could work then. There does appear to be some action on his part in Embers (jumping through a window and stuff), so I guess it's possible.

CRUDFACE
07-27-2011, 05:38 PM
IDK about the order, seems easy enough to get into, it's just that Ezio could tell right then if he/she was good or bad.

Isn't he talking to a recruit during the trailer? Ezio was standing while he was sitting against a barrel at around 33 seconds into the vid? That person looks like he/she is wearing armor on the shoulders.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
IDK about the order, seems easy enough to get into, it's just that Ezio could tell right then if he/she was good or bad.

Isn't he talking to a recruit during the trailer? Ezio was standing while he was sitting against a barrel at around 33 seconds into the vid? That person looks like he/she is wearing armor on the shoulders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have to see the trailer again. The thing I found interesting about Embers is that there is an Assassin standing on a roof top watching something. I naturally assumed it Ezio, however I noticed in all the previous scenes for Embers, Ezio was never in his robes. As such, it struck me funny.

Also, @ Lightrey:

You would suspsect, but what if the recruit wasn't always bad? What if they were with Ezio until the point when they were approached? And shortly there after, they were against him, and went after him immediatley after that point?

CRUDFACE
07-28-2011, 07:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Isn't he talking to a recruit during the trailer? Ezio was standing while he was sitting against a barrel at around 33 seconds into the vid? That person looks like he/she is wearing armor on the shoulders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have to see the trailer again. The thing I found interesting about Embers is that there is an Assassin standing on a roof top watching something. I naturally assumed it Ezio, however I noticed in all the previous scenes for Embers, Ezio was never in his robes. As such, it struck me funny.

Also, @ Lightrey:

You would suspsect, but what if the recruit wasn't always bad? What if they were with Ezio until the point when they were approached? And shortly there after, they were against him, and went after him immediatley after that point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

honestly, I thought that woudl be a child of his, but they're still so young. so it must be like an apprentice about to visit or watching out for his/her master.

And when the order start getting serious again? Because I don't get how all these high ranking members of the order can just keep up and leaving. To me, it's more like, either you're in and stay in or you have to die to keep our secrets from spreading. Maybe that assassin was hanging around, watching and waiting to strike.

Icee Molotov
07-28-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't think Ezio ought to die after everything he's done, but if he did he should die in peace. not fighting, just passing quietly.

And the speculation about the recruits is interesting. I just wonder what the whole scene with the window was about and who he was fighting. I can't wait for revelations!!!

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2011, 08:25 AM
And when the order start getting serious again? Because I don't get how all these high ranking members of the order can just keep up and leaving. To me, it's more like, either you're in and stay in or you have to die to keep our secrets from spreading. Maybe that assassin was hanging around, watching and waiting to strike.

What are you talking about?

And frankly Icee,... He should die the warriors death. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

LightRey
07-29-2011, 10:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

What are you talking about?

And frankly Icee,... He should die the warriors death. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
meh, he deserves some peace of mind. Let him just live out the rest of his life taking care of his kids and thinking about all the things he's seen.

...and then die in an epic battle with 1000 men, slaying all of them just before succumbing to his injuries!

johke13
07-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by shadow8928:
from what i saw in the trailer i gather it'll be something like this:

ezio is living with his family in italy, having settled down his only worries were to raise his children and growing old(older http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) with his wife(most likely sofia sorto), up until one day when ezio is attacked, he kills the assailant and discovers who were behind this and their location.
at sunset he sends off his family to safety, and when night has fallen he dons the old robes for one final hunt.

I like that.

My thoughts on the trailer: Ezio is living with his family [back in Florence, surprising as it was the place of his birth and where his life began as an assassin, but could it be a full circle? The beginning and end of everything?] Anyways, so with his family and their home, Ezio get's ambushed, sends his family away [To Rome, the heart of the Brotherhood I'd imagine] where he puts a whole one vs the world fight. Badass fight. Whether he lives or dies I don't even want to guess, it'd be awesome both ways but honestly, I want him to live and be reunited then die of old age. But an epic standoff would be just as cool.

Ureh
07-29-2011, 04:15 PM
I have this strange feeling that we'll see his wife get killed.

LightRey
07-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Ureh:
I have this strange feeling that we'll see his wife get killed.
Aww man. not again. They keep doing that. They really need to stop doing that.

Lalalalaaaa
07-29-2011, 04:40 PM
I thought the mysterious assassin was his son. We all know that Ezio has a daughter and a son but when you pause on the scene in the trailer where hes sending his family away at sunset, theres only a little girl sitting in the carriage. No son.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Lalalalaaaa:
I thought the mysterious assassin was his son. We all know that Ezio has a daughter and a son but when you pause on the scene in the trailer where hes sending his family away at sunset, theres only a little girl sitting in the carriage. No son.

Good Point.

dxsxhxcx
07-29-2011, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lalalalaaaa:

Good Point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at this point in the video we can also see someone near Ezio, maybe that person is his son and will stay with him....

the idea of his son being the mysterious assassin is cool but if this is the case then the reason why he's doing this should be explained in AC Embers too because I don't want them wasting time explaining this in AC3 where the focus will probably be another ancestor, Ezio is cool but he's not the main character of the franchise and IMO we already spent enough time with him...

MacDaddyMcC
07-30-2011, 05:59 PM
A great way to close the series off is by natural causes, I dont want some (excuse my language) butthurt ******* coming for him 20 years later and killing him. Let him die peacefully while being surrounded by his wife and kids.

LightRey
07-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by MacDaddyMcC:
A great way to close the series off is by natural causes, I dont want some (excuse my language) butthurt ******* coming for him 20 years later and killing him. Let him die peacefully while being surrounded by his wife and kids.
Yeah, he deserves to die like that. He's had enough bs to deal with.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-30-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't know about that. I'd like to see him die a warriors death. Not like an old dog curled up under a rock to die. Give him a good, and honorable end.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. It is a good way to go.

LightRey
07-30-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't know about that. I'd like to see him die a warriors death. Not like an old dog curled up under a rock to die. Give him a good, and honorable end.

That's more something for Bartolomeo (and he got that kind of death). Ezio isn't really a warrior. I mean yeah he fights all the time and stuff, but he doesn't have that kind of personality. It suits him more to have a peaceful death at the end of a fulfilled life.

albertwesker22
07-30-2011, 09:52 PM

That's more something for Bartolomeo (and he got that kind of death). Ezio isn't really a warrior. I mean yeah he fights all the time and stuff, but he doesn't have that kind of personality. It suits him more to have a peaceful death at the end of a fulfilled life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't tell you how much I agree with this.

masterfenix2009
07-31-2011, 01:27 AM

I dunno. I don't think that would be a nice way to end his life and I don't think the order could be infiltrated so easily to the extent that the mentor could be killed by an infiltrator. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ummm.. Daniel Cross? Ish?

masterfenix2009
07-31-2011, 01:37 AM

That's more something for Bartolomeo (and he got that kind of death). Ezio isn't really a warrior. I mean yeah he fights all the time and stuff, but he doesn't have that kind of personality. It suits him more to have a peaceful death at the end of a fulfilled life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Which reminds me, does anyone think we will see Bart's death? He died near the end of ACB. Ezio would at least go to his funeral.

LightRey
07-31-2011, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by assassino151:

I dunno. I don't think that would be a nice way to end his life and I don't think the order could be infiltrated so easily to the extent that the mentor could be killed by an infiltrator. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ummm.. Daniel Cross? Ish? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Daniel Cross story is just ridiculous. I'm hoping it's non-canon.

masterfenix2009
07-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Really? I enjoyed. What put you off about it?

LightRey
07-31-2011, 04:22 PM
I hate antiheroes.

masterfenix2009
07-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Daniel Cross didn't seem that much of an antihero to me. Especially, near the end.

albertwesker22
07-31-2011, 05:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
I hate antiheroes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Assassins are anti-heros.

LightRey
07-31-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:

The Assassins are anti-heros. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That depends on who's watching/reading/playing the story. To me they're not antiheroes.

albertwesker22
07-31-2011, 06:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:

The Assassins are anti-heros. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That depends on who's watching/reading/playing the story. To me they're not antiheroes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"We seek peace. But murder is our means" Even Altair knows he's an anti-hero.

LightRey
08-01-2011, 03:59 AM
Do you even know the definition of the word "antihero"?

Ėnoun, plural -roes.
a protagonist who lacks the attributes that make a heroic figure, as nobility of mind and spirit, a life or attitude marked by action or purpose, and the like.

The word Hero comes from the Greek heros, meaning something along the lines of half-god (a descendant of a god, basically). Heracles (also known as Hercules in Roman mythology), is a good example of this, being the son of Zeus (Jupiter). He killed a lot of people.
Just because they kill, doesn't mean they're antiheroes.

albertwesker22
08-01-2011, 05:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:
Do you even know the definition of the word "antihero"?

Ėnoun, plural -roes.
a protagonist who lacks the attributes that make a heroic figure, as nobility of mind and spirit, a life or attitude marked by action or purpose, and the like.

The word Hero comes from the Greek heros, meaning something along the lines of half-god (a descendant of a god, basically). Heracles (also known as Hercules in Roman mythology), is a good example of this, being the son of Zeus (Jupiter). He killed a lot of people.
Just because they kill, doesn't mean they're antiheroes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anti-Hero is a broad term. To me they are anti-hero's. Look at all the preachers that Altair killed to keep his work a secret. Was that heroic? No it was not, he did it simply to prevent the failure of the mission.

Yes they seek peace and they want to protect the people, but they are violent and merciless. In a way they are just as bad as the Templars as they'll murder any who oppose their ideology(Cult of Hermes)

As for the moral grayness of Greek mythology, we all judge our hero's in our own way, and based on many factors. The factors that make a character an antihero change as years go on. By todays standards I would definitely call the Assassin's anti-hero's.

This is part of the reason that I love Shaun's rant on how the Assassins are not really "good guys"

Just so you know, I'm not trying to win an arguement against you, just presenting my viewpoints as I'm curious to hear more from you.

LightRey
08-01-2011, 06:02 AM
Anti-Hero is a broad term. To me they are anti-hero's. Look at all the preachers that Altair killed to keep his work a secret. Was that heroic? No it was not, he did it simply to prevent the failure of the mission.

Yes they seek peace and they want to protect the people, but they are violent and merciless. In a way they are just as bad as the Templars as they'll murder any who oppose their ideology(Cult of Hermes)

As for the moral grayness of Greek mythology, we all judge our hero's in our own way, and based on many factors. The factors that make a character an antihero change as years go on. By todays standards I would definitely call the Assassin's anti-hero's.

This is part of the reason that I love Shaun's rant on how the Assassins are not really "good guys"

Just so you know, I'm not trying to win an arguement against you, just presenting my viewpoints as I'm curious to hear more from you.
To me they are heroes, because, yes, they do bad things, but they know that they are bad and they know that even though that is the case, they still know they need to do those things. They don't see that as an excuse, like the Templars do, they just see it as a necessary evil (I hate that term though). They "work in the dark, to serve the light". To me, that is heroism.

EDIT: also, an antihero is basically someone who is the opposite of a hero in at least one key heroic aspect (a coward for example).

examples of typical heroes that kill:
James Bond
Naruto Uzumaki (yeah, I watch anime :P)
Ichigo Kurosaki
any character ever played by Steven Seagal
etc.

albertwesker22
08-01-2011, 08:35 AM
To me they are heroes, because, yes, they do bad things, but they know that they are bad and they know that even though that is the case, they still know they need to do those things. They don't see that as an excuse, like the Templars do, they just see it as a necessary evil (I hate that term though). They "work in the dark, to serve the light". To me, that is heroism.

EDIT: also, an antihero is basically someone who is the opposite of a hero in at least one key heroic aspect (a coward for example).

James Bond
Ichigo Kurosaki
etc.

Well I would say they are antihero's. The AC team knows that fans will have dividing opinions on that issue, thats why they had Shaun go on his rant to counter Desmonds claim that the Assassins are good guys. Guess i'm just cynical on the subject of the Assassins, still I'm an Assassin through and through lol

Back on the subject of Embers, I hope that it shows Ezio contemplating all the people he has killed, and accept that it was all neccesary. Ezio shouldn't die with regrets.

LightRey
08-01-2011, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To me they are heroes, because, yes, they do bad things, but they know that they are bad and they know that even though that is the case, they still know they need to do those things. They don't see that as an excuse, like the Templars do, they just see it as a necessary evil (I hate that term though). They "work in the dark, to serve the light". To me, that is heroism.

James Bond
Ichigo Kurosaki
etc.

Well I would say they are antihero's. The AC team knows that fans will have dividing opinions on that issue, thats why they had Shaun go on his rant to counter Desmonds claim that the Assassins are good guys. Guess i'm just cynical on the subject of the Assassins, still I'm an Assassin through and through lol

Back on the subject of Embers, I hope that it shows Ezio contemplating all the people he has killed, and accept that it was all neccesary. Ezio shouldn't die with regrets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like that idea. I don't really want to see him going down fighting. I want him to see what the purpose of his life was.

Andulok
08-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I'd say the natural, peaceful ending would be a terrible ending...they'd either have to make it emotional enough in order to make it a good scene if they do one wrong thing it could do no good to Ezio's development as a memorable character. I would say he'd need something nothing short of an epic death. The end of revelations would be the perfect setting of his death, where in going on this path of discovery he dies (probably in battle) being the last man standing, limping to the next destination. Where he will find the answers that he seeks just finding it for desmond/the assassins to see. There he draws his last breath, having taken his final beating. No fancy hand movements will steal this opponents weapon. No haybale to hide from this on-looker. Thus ending his saga, his life spent searching for the truth, and having accomplished it.

Course he would have already made a family. I don't know much about the story of AC Embers I usually would just want to watch it first, rather than speculating.

albertwesker22
08-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Andulok:
I'd say the natural, peaceful ending would be a terrible ending...they'd either have to make it emotional enough in order to make it a good scene if they do one wrong thing it could do no good to Ezio's development as a memorable character. I would say he'd need something nothing short of an epic death. The end of revelations would be the perfect setting of his death, where in going on this path of discovery he dies (probably in battle) being the last man standing, limping to the next destination. Where he will find the answers that he seeks just finding it for desmond/the assassins to see. There he draws his last breath, having taken his final beating. No fancy hand movements will steal this opponents weapon. No haybale to hide from this on-looker. Thus ending his saga, his life spent searching for the truth, and having accomplished it.

Course he would have already made a family. I don't know much about the story of AC Embers I usually would just want to watch it first, rather than speculating.

Some people don't like the thought of him dying in battle and we're certainly not going to see it in Revelations. He lives into old age, the whole warrior death would be pathetic, him getting gutted by 10 young men as an old man is hardly an epic death.

Ezio's entire life has been a struggle, he never chose his path and he didn't want to kill but his life was turned upside down and he was forced into it. The man had an epic but tragic life, to me the perfect ending is a peaceful one.

Plus Altair got that ending. Most probably going down fighting as a 90 year old.

LightRey
08-01-2011, 05:25 PM

ugh, not this again.
Ezio can't die in ACR. It is impossible by the logistics of how the animus works (combined with the fact that the only physical ways it would be possible would be illogical, if not terrible, story ideas).
THINK people!

masterfenix2009
08-01-2011, 05:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andulok:

ugh, not this again.
Ezio can't die in ACR. It is impossible by the logistics of how the animus works (combined with the fact that the only physical ways it would be possible would be illogical, if not terrible, story ideas).
THINK people! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Exactly. Many people do not think in this forum.
As for me, if he would die in embers, I think I would be fine with either battle or sleep. A death in battle can be awesome. He just need needs to win the battle if he died in it. If it was in bed,it would have to be just right.

LightRey
08-01-2011, 05:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andulok:

ugh, not this again.
THINK people! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Exactly. Many people do not think in this forum.
As for me, if he would die in embers, I think I would be fine with either battle or sleep. A death in battle can be awesome. He just need needs to win the battle if he died in it. If it was in bed,it would have to be just right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I just want him to feel fulfilled that's all and I think dying in battle doesn't really suit him.

Cookiekiller6
08-02-2011, 04:03 PM

And then you see Altair leaving the crowd and doing a leap of faith off of a cliff behind them.

Yay for Altair. But seriously, Ezio needs to die, it's a wonder enough how he's doing this **** at 50+.

Andulok
08-03-2011, 08:13 AM
He lives into old age, the whole warrior death would be pathetic, him getting gutted by 10 young men as an old man is hardly an epic death.

uuuh he does it in the trailer? only with around 100 men? He gets shot, thus showing his reflexes aren't what they used to be. It would certainly be a possibility.

Hey heres something what if he gets assassinated? betrayal by a dear friend...now wouldn't that be a twist...oooo exciting.

As for him needing a peaceful death...he's a character! he's not real he doesnt need to die a just death on the basis that "oooh but hes sooo nice a person" that would be boring! He was created for entertainment and ubisoft better deliver.

Also the basis that he should have a peaceful life, cause his life is tragic, well I guess in those terms yeah ok...but all the loss he's had, has been balanced out by the good. He's had a decent life, I dont see how a tragic end could be refuted.

I like Ezio just as much as the next Assassins creed fan, but he doesn't need a sad, peaceful ending. We can mourn his ending ourselves if you truly need it. A tragic end to such a character would deffinately define the templars as great villains for killing such a memorable character etc.

combined with the fact that the only physical ways it would be possible would be illogical

Its hardly been logical for Ezio to be able to take on so much men by using their own weapons. For all of them to open their weapons up to ezio for him to use against. Its impossible for Ezio to be able to headbutt someone with a steel helm and yet still be concious, or not at least have a bruise on his forehead. What about using wood as armour for a tank? Hardly logical yet here they are in the canon. Its a game/story it doesn't need to have logic.

albertwesker22
08-03-2011, 08:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He lives into old age, the whole warrior death would be pathetic, him getting gutted by 10 young men as an old man is hardly an epic death.

uuuh he does it in the trailer? only with around 100 men? He gets shot, thus showing his reflexes aren't what they used to be. It would certainly be a possibility.

Hey heres something what if he gets assassinated? betrayal by a dear friend...now wouldn't that be a twist...oooo exciting.

As for him needing a peaceful death...he's a character! he's not real he doesnt need to die a just death on the basis that "oooh but hes sooo nice a person" that would be boring! He was created for entertainment and ubisoft better deliver.

Also the basis that he should have a peaceful life, cause his life is tragic, well I guess in those terms yeah ok...but all the loss he's had, has been balanced out by the good. He's had a decent life, I dont see how a tragic end could be refuted.

I like Ezio just as much as the next Assassins creed fan, but he doesn't need a sad, peaceful ending. We can mourn his ending ourselves if you truly need it. A tragic end to such a character would deffinately define the templars as great villains for killing such a memorable character etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your idea is terrible because you are not thinking about it. Use your head, rather than just saying "Ezio should die an epic death" why is this a good idea? I really see no reason in him dying.

I also find it funny that you tell me he is just a character, when I say he should die a peaceful death. I could say the same to you and your cliche ending. Ezio has lived a full life of adventure, but it was hardly good for him. Ezio never wanted to be an Assassin, Ezio has never had anytime to just sit back and enjoy life.

At the beginning of Brotherhood, it looks like Ezio is ready to retire(Or atleast take it easy) "All my battles have already been won" Yet he once again is pulled back into the action by Cesare and eventually he became the leader.

Now that he is 60 plus in embers, the whole big battle and death would not be satisfying. He should go out on a high note, he sacraficed everything on his journey, it would be a total let down for him to be killed by some Templar lackey.

Andulok
08-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by albertwesker22:
I really see no reason in him dying. Thats what this argument is about...hes dieing either way. Don't tell me to think when you ain't thinking about what your typing.

I also find it funny that you tell me he is just a character, when I say he should die a peaceful death. I could say the same to you and your cliche ending.

You call mine cliche when yours is all his family around him kind of one with the classic talking to his son telling him he must pass on assassins way and be a good little boy to grow up big and strong like daddy. :P The over-arching story including Desmonds part is a cliche anyways "a coming doom" the old apocalypse story.

At the beginning of Brotherhood, it looks like Ezio is ready to retire(Or atleast take it easy) "All my battles have already been won" Yet he once again is pulled back into the action by Cesare and eventually he became the leader.

Yeah sure, he may want that...but that wouldn't mean he will get it...

He should go out on a high note, he sacraficed everything on his journey, it would be a total let down for him to be killed by some Templar lackey.

It's a story that is already heading to a bad end by the looks of things. Why can't Ezios death be tragic? it only paints the Templars as the Villains that they are...and I'm not saying it should be a Templar lackey, a Close friend with betrayal in mind or an ultimate Templar nemesis would make more sense where it comes to Ezio.

LightRey
08-03-2011, 09:24 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">combined with the fact that the only physical ways it would be possible would be illogical

Its hardly been logical for Ezio to be able to take on so much men by using their own weapons. For all of them to open their weapons up to ezio for him to use against. Its impossible for Ezio to be able to headbutt someone with a steel helm and yet still be concious, or not at least have a bruise on his forehead. What about using wood as armour for a tank? Hardly logical yet here they are in the canon. Its a game/story it doesn't need to have logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You misunderstand. I was referring to him actually being able to still have a kid after he dies or before, but viewing the kid's memories and seeing him dying. The first thing is possible, but the only ways of doing that is either necrophilia, which I'm quite certain they would absolutely not put in the game, or cloning, which is a little messed up too since they'd have to have saved his DNA in such a good state it would be possible to actually clone him when the technology to do so actually arrived hundreds of years later.
As for viewing his death through is son's memories, I see no reason why they would want to view those memories. There doesn't seem to be anything of interest beyond what Ezio did and I'm quite sure he did the important stuff in ACR before he got a kid and even if he didn't, his kid wouldn't go on missions with him before he/she was old enough. Not to mention the fact that Ezio would most likely be too old himself for going on missions before his kids were old enough.
His death could be in Embers, it just can't be in the game. That's what I'm saying here.

Ureh
08-03-2011, 01:41 PM
I wonder if Ezio will look at the PoE one last time like Altair? And if he did, what happened?

And I haven't read Secret Crusade yet but did they reveal why Altair was tempted to use the PoE before he passed away? Did it had something to do with the Seals (probably wrong)?

Animuses
08-03-2011, 04:35 PM
@Andulok
Ezio dying an "epic death" is possibly the worst ending for him, end of story.

Assassin_M
08-03-2011, 06:08 PM
@Andulok
Ezio dying an "epic death" is possibly the worst ending for him, end of story.
May you enlighten us and tell us why You is it you think so ?

Animuses
08-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
May you enlighten us and tell us why You is it you think so ?

end of story.

eagleforlife1
08-04-2011, 02:11 AM
I'm fed up of the good guys in every kind of story being perfect and living into their 90s and peacefully dying in their sleep. I like it when characters aren't perfect and can be beaten and therefore Ezio has to die in Embers(I would have preferred Revelations).

LightRey
08-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I'm fed up of the good guys in every kind of story being perfect and living into their 90s and peacefully dying in their sleep. I like it when characters aren't perfect and can be beaten and therefore Ezio has to die in Embers(I would have preferred Revelations).
Read a good novel. Almost any novel will do really. They seem to hate perfect heroes just as much as you do.

itsamea-mario
08-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Dying in a fight just isn't graceful enough.
Though perhaps he could die of injuries sustained in his final battle.

Either that or gout.

AC_EVID_AC
08-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Honestly, no matter how he dies, someone will not agree with it. I would like to see him die on his last mission because he chooses to. He will have the choice to run but won't because he knows it is his time. It won't be him being defeated, but him accepting that his time is done and he has done his part for the order. My opinion.

xCr0wnedNorris
08-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the Forums! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

OGCFB
08-04-2011, 08:28 PM
I hope Ezio chokes on a piece of pie just so the scene isn't emotional for the lulz.

drake288
08-29-2011, 05:48 PM
That would be funny and sad at the same time.

POP1Fan
08-30-2011, 06:35 AM
I think Ezio should fight with 50 of so men, finaly defeating them but from the hits and sword cuts he took passes out on the battlefield. Then he wakes up home to pass his legacy to his son and eventualy die...after that a nice burial scene and that's about it.

This way he dies home,peacefuly,but after a big battle and everyone is happy... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mickjondore
09-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Orgasm and heart attack at the same time?

Ulicies
09-03-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure if I want to see him get stabbed to death, or slaughtered... You don't really expect an end like that from video game protagonists, but he inevitably dies sometime, so I guess he'll die somehow.... o__O

CRUDFACE
09-03-2011, 10:33 PM
I kind of thought this was the point of Embers, to show us something that we'd want to see, but couldn't see in game.

Originally posted by drake288:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael891210:
That would be funny and sad at the same time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzQQVrLr3To) lol.

ShaneO7K
09-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Maybe getting executed in a similar way that his father and brothers were in AC2. He would have got caught after having fighting off as many guards as he could so that his wife and children could escape Florence. And before he gets hung it shows a flashback of when he ran through the crowd when he witnessed his father and brothers get hung. Then after Ezio has died it goes to Sofia and his children boarding a boat and maybe give a hint of where the bloodline then went.

Only reason I suggest something like this is because I really couldn't imagine Ezio being able to fight off 50 or more guards as people are saying. And though maybe a peaceful death would fit, dying a non peaceful death would show that the life the assassin's have had will always catch up with them.

Animuses
09-04-2011, 06:33 PM
It should end with Ezio not dying. No sad ending, no deaths, I just want a happy ending.

Assassin_M
09-04-2011, 07:23 PM
It should end with Ezio not dying. No sad ending, no deaths, I just want a happy ending.
who are you ?

FuseUnison
09-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Does anyone know if Embers will have any spoilers in it regarding Revelations? Just wondering if I'll need to wait until after I finish the game to watch it or not. =/

Assassin_M
09-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by FuseUnison:
Does anyone know if Embers will have any spoilers in it regarding Revelations? Just wondering if I'll need to wait until after I finish the game to watch it or not. =/
well it is suggested to watch it after Revelations for Sequence sake. but it`ll probably have SOME spoilers.

HD RoLoS v
09-05-2011, 02:51 PM
I think Ezio should have a peaceful death after all he has been through. His kids will hurt the most as they will be teenagers when he passes away R.I.P Ezio Auditore Da Firenze 1459-1524. True legend http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

LightRey
09-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Assassinubi1:
I think Ezio should have a peaceful death after all he has been through. His kids will hurt the most as they will be teenagers when he passes away R.I.P Ezio Auditore Da Firenze 1459-1524. True legend http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
I think I would prefer peaceful, but any death that I feel is satisfying will do.

TheEpicWolf
09-05-2011, 03:11 PM
If i'm thinking of the same thing then i believe he will die of a heart attack/natural causes. I mean correct me if i'm wrong but is Embers the animated film? If so i am almost 100% sure there is a part of that with Ezio clutching his chest while sitting at a desk, i don't think that's his death but it could be showing how age has weakened him. I honestly don't know for sure this is just what i remember seeing.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
If i'm thinking of the same thing then i believe he will die of a heart attack/natural causes. I mean correct me if i'm wrong but is Embers the animated film? If so i am almost 100% sure there is a part of that with Ezio clutching his chest while sitting at a desk, i don't think that's his death but it could be showing how age has weakened him. I honestly don't know for sure this is just what i remember seeing.
Maybe he'll die from some common deadly disease, like tuberculosis.

squirrelyxd
09-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I kind of thought this was the point of Embers, to show us something that we'd want to see, but couldn't see in game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drake288:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael891210:
That would be funny and sad at the same time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzQQVrLr3To) lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it sux when you miss a Leap of Faith jump in the AC series. Just saying. Dx

I expect him to die of either natural causes or killed in a battle perhaps. Or it could be a stunner and he might end up killing himself. (?)

EmperorxZurg
09-05-2011, 09:10 PM
After Revelations, Ezio will be over 45 years old at the very least. That's ancient considering the time he lives in. It's time to peacefully put him to rest. He's given up everything for a Creed that he was basically shanghaied into. Instead of fighting a glorious death (which usually only works with young warriors, I study story at my school and this is one of the elements taught to us), it's time for Ezio to slowly pass on. His time is used.
Plus, wouldn't it be funny to see Ezio in a rocking chair, trying to tell his grandchildren how epic he was while they just play around not paying attention? "Kids these days" XD

albertwesker22
09-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
After Revelations, Ezio will be over 45 years old at the very least. That's ancient considering the time he lives in. It's time to peacefully put him to rest. He's given up everything for a Creed that he was basically shanghaied into. Instead of fighting a glorious death (which usually only works with young warriors, I study story at my school and this is one of the elements taught to us), it's time for Ezio to slowly pass on. His time is used.
Plus, wouldn't it be funny to see Ezio in a rocking chair, trying to tell his grandchildren how epic he was while they just play around not paying attention? "Kids these days" XD

Ezio is 52 at the start of Revelations, he was pushing 45 in Brotherhood and was 47 by the end. In Embers, he is 60+ He dies at the age of 64 or 65.

Altair lived until he was 92, I guess you think that is like a million years old at that time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EmperorxZurg
09-05-2011, 09:38 PM
ah, but he had the apple! Otherwise, Altair would have been lucky for 35 XD

But DAYUM, if Ezio is really pushing the sixties, that was old even AFTER renaissance standards. Time for that dude to go to sleep

eagleforlife1
09-06-2011, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

But DAYUM, if Ezio is really pushing the sixties, that was old even AFTER renaissance standards. Time for that dude to go to sleep

No it wasn't. Rodrigo Borgia and Suleiman the Magnificent both lived until 72. Piri Reis lived until around 90 (and even then he didn't die of natural causes; he was executed under order of Suleiman the Magnificent). Darby McDevitt said that they came across a Janissary that lived until over 100.

This was posted by bokeef04 on another thread:

people lived the same amount of time, in Sparta you were part of the military till you were 60, then you could become a politician

average life expectancy is an AVERAGE

example 1.
If 100 people are born, 50 die in the first year, and 50 live to be 100(exaggerated example i know) what is the average life expectancy?

Example 2.
If 100 people are born, 50 live to be 50, and 50 live to be 100 what is the average life expectancy?

according to my maths Example 2 has the higher average life expectancy, but people live to the same age regardless, the reason the life expectancy was lower during ancient times was due to higher infant mortality

LightRey
09-06-2011, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

No it wasn't. Rodrigo Borgia and Suleiman the Magnificent both lived until 72. Piri Reis lived until around 90 (and even then he didn't die of natural causes; he was executed under order of Suleiman the Magnificent). Darby McDevitt said that they came across a Janissary that lived until over 100.

people lived the same amount of time, in Sparta you were part of the military till you were 60, then you could become a politician

example 1.
If 100 people are born, 50 die in the first year, and 50 live to be 100(exaggerated example i know) what is the average life expectancy?

Example 2.
If 100 people are born, 50 live to be 50, and 50 live to be 100 what is the average life expectancy?

according to my maths Example 2 has the higher average life expectancy, but people live to the same age regardless, the reason the life expectancy was lower during ancient times was due to higher infant mortality </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which was proven to be a faulted argument in that very same thread.

eagleforlife1
09-06-2011, 10:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

example 1.

Example 2.

according to my maths Example 2 has the higher average life expectancy, but people live to the same age regardless, the reason the life expectancy was lower during ancient times was due to higher infant mortality </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which was proven to be a faulted argument in that very same thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it? I read it all the way through and didn't see anything like that. I'll have another read through and then get back.

Edit: I stand corrected you're right. However, the part that I wrote is fact.

LightRey
09-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Was it? I read it all the way through and didn't see anything like that. I'll have another read through and then get back.

Of course, but it sort of loses its function in this particular discussion.

eagleforlife1
09-06-2011, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

Of course, but it sort of loses its function in this particular discussion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In what way? It shows that 64 is a perfectly acceptable age for somebody to live to at this period of time which the poster above seems to think is impossible.

Assassin_M
09-06-2011, 11:41 AM

Of course, but it sort of loses its function in this particular discussion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In what way? It shows that 64 is a perfectly acceptable age for somebody to live to at this period of time which the poster above seems to think is impossible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess in his World Old people didnt exist in the 1500s

LightRey
09-06-2011, 12:45 PM

In what way? It shows that 64 is a perfectly acceptable age for somebody to live to at this period of time which the poster above seems to think is impossible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was never said that it was an unacceptable age, it's merely quite rare for people in those times to actually reach that age. This is mostly because of diseases such as tuberculosis, the plague and cholera, which in these times are (practically) wiped out.

eagleforlife1
09-07-2011, 01:24 AM

It was never said that it was an unacceptable age, it's merely quite rare for people in those times to actually reach that age. This is mostly because of diseases such as tuberculosis, the plague and cholera, which in these times are (practically) wiped out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said because Ezio had reached 60 it was way too old for that time period and that's reason enough for him to die. I'm just proving that people did live to well past 60 years of age in those days.

LightRey
09-07-2011, 09:05 AM
He said because Ezio had reached 60 it was way too old for that time period and that's reason enough for him to die. I'm just proving that people did live to well past 60 years of age in those days.
I think it was more of an opinion than anything else.

eagleforlife1
09-07-2011, 09:26 AM
I think it was more of an opinion than anything else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didn't state whether it was opinion or fact. He said Altair wouldn't get past 35 nor Ezio past 50.

LightRey
09-07-2011, 09:33 AM

He didn't state whether it was opinion or fact. He said Altair wouldn't get past 35 nor Ezio past 50. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're twisting his words. He said they'd be lucky to reach those ages, which is true, they were lucky. Especially considering their lifestyle.

samward
09-07-2011, 09:35 AM
I did not read all of the posts on here. But I really do think he should die in some epic fight. It will be really sad, and I will admit I will probably shed a tear, but we saw his bith and I think it is on fitting that we also see his death.

eagleforlife1
09-07-2011, 09:36 AM

He didn't state whether it was opinion or fact. He said Altair wouldn't get past 35 nor Ezio past 50. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're twisting his words. He said they'd be lucky to reach those ages, which is true, they were lucky. Especially considering their lifestyle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did for Altair but for Ezio he said:

'if Ezio is really pushing the sixties, that was old even AFTER renaissance standards. Time for that dude to go to sleep'.

LightRey
09-07-2011, 01:32 PM

'if Ezio is really pushing the sixties, that was old even AFTER renaissance standards. Time for that dude to go to sleep'.
Which is by no means saying he wouldn't (be able to) age past 50.

eagleforlife1
09-07-2011, 01:43 PM

Which is by no means saying he wouldn't (be able to) age past 50. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't recall saying that, now it is you who is twisting my words. I said just because he is 60 it doesn't mean he needs to die as the above poster said.

LightRey
09-07-2011, 01:47 PM

Which is by no means saying he wouldn't (be able to) age past 50. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't recall saying that, now it is you who is twisting my words. I said just because he is 60 it doesn't mean he needs to die as the above poster said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didn't state whether it was opinion or fact. He said Altair wouldn't get past 35 nor Ezio past 50.

eagleforlife1
09-07-2011, 01:49 PM

I don't recall saying that, now it is you who is twisting my words. I said just because he is 60 it doesn't mean he needs to die as the above poster said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what he said not me; that was me quoting him.

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 01:51 PM

@entire conversation

lol.

LightRey
09-07-2011, 01:52 PM

That's what he said not me; that was me quoting him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, misquoting him, which is what I've been explaining to you.

eagleforlife1
09-07-2011, 01:55 PM

That's what he said not me; that was me quoting him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, misquoting him, which is what I've been explaining to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was his original post in this thread:

'After Revelations, Ezio will be over 45 years old at the very least. That's ancient considering the time he lives in. It's time to peacefully put him to rest.'

He thought 45 was too old for Ezio so I think it is fair to assume that he also thought 50 was too old for him as well.

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Life expectancy was pretty low for the average person, but certainly not impossible. That's why the word expectancy is used...

LightRey
09-07-2011, 02:05 PM

'After Revelations, Ezio will be over 45 years old at the very least. That's ancient considering the time he lives in. It's time to peacefully put him to rest.'

He thought 45 was too old for Ezio so I think it is fair to assume that he also thought 50 was too old for him as well.
That's not the same as saying that he wouldn't live past 50, just that it's about time for him to die. He's getting old.

eagleforlife1
09-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Ulicies:

@entire conversation

lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know I am lolling as it goes on.

eagleforlife1
09-07-2011, 02:16 PM

That's not the same as saying that he wouldn't live past 50, just that it's about time for him to die. He's getting old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Mr. Pedantic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif. You win, I give up.

LightRey
09-07-2011, 02:17 PM
I know I am lolling as it goes on.
Yeah, it's somewhat pointless :P
You're still wrong though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

gyigyogyigyo
09-21-2011, 04:38 AM
ezio need to die.. maybe ezio die in heart attack midde in sex with that fresh young sofia sorto... or ezio die in impotent http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif muhahaha or miss the leap of faith.. or just die middle grapes were harvested during...