PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who didn't know this?

CrockfordCK
03-11-2020, 03:38 AM
Call of Duty: Warzone is FREE?
I mean I'm not trying to advertise directly for them, but why am I just hearing this now? Am I deaf and dumb, or was this like a new announcement today?

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2020-03/Free-to-Play-Call-of-Duty-Warzone-is-Live-and-Available-for-Everyone-to-Download-Now

Cross platform! I'm downloading it on my console right now.

Stomp0nMybaIls
03-11-2020, 03:51 AM
Eh, I'm not a fan of BR, also 100 gigs is a ridiculous amount of space for one game mode.

Kean_1
03-11-2020, 04:04 AM
Call of Duty: Warzone is FREE?
I mean I'm not trying to advertise directly for them, but why am I just hearing this now? Am I deaf and dumb, or was this like a new announcement today?

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2020-03/Free-to-Play-Call-of-Duty-Warzone-is-Live-and-Available-for-Everyone-to-Download-Now

Cross platform! I'm downloading it on my console right now.

Yes, it's free to play and your progress will transferable if you ever decide to buy the full game.

Eh, I'm not a fan of BR, also 100 gigs is a ridiculous amount of space for one game mode.

It's not just one game mode. It's two. .....BR and a mode called Plunder. The map is also quite large and matches include upto 150 players. There will also be other gameplay options for solo, duos or trios. I believe currently its just trios. There are also an assortment of vehicles to help get around the map.

https://www.callofduty.com/warzone

CrockfordCK
03-11-2020, 04:14 AM
For the price, it's worth my time looking into. Can't say I'll get more than a weekends worth of play out of it, but the download size isn't an issue in my case.

Kean_1
03-11-2020, 05:09 AM
For the price, it's worth my time looking into. Can't say I'll get more than a weekends worth of play out of it, but the download size isn't an issue in my case.

Yeah, it didn't take long for me to download either.

RanCorX2
03-11-2020, 09:50 AM
https://i.imgur.com/8eV0G03.jpg

f2p and with offline play ?

what sorcery is this?

not that interested as i went off cod sometime ago..plus i hate battle royale.

ArgimonEd
03-11-2020, 08:39 PM
So the gunfight mode is available against bots...So I could get the opportunity to test the guns from this new COD...
Ok I'm taking my xbox out of the box that is on my closet and downloading this now

Kean_1
03-11-2020, 08:59 PM
From what I can gather, it seems you can play a tutorial for Plunder that will show you the ropes and a solo match against bots in Battle Royale. .....that also can help get you familiar with how the game works.

The gunfight matches were supposed to be for players to pass the time as the game was downloading. I'm not really sure what options are available in the free to play version once loaded but the full version allows you to set up matches against bots in many of the modes, maps, options, etc.

I've played against the bots before and it kind of spooky how similar they can be to real human players in their reactions, etc.

ArgimonEd
03-11-2020, 09:03 PM
There are some race games where the AI would actually just copy the action of certain players in certain maps, and calculate the way they play, creating variables of different actions to choose depending on the race conditions.
The AI would even use real player Nick names.

Steven527
03-11-2020, 09:03 PM
I've played against the bots before and it kind of spooky how similar they can be to real human players in their reactions, etc.

So does BP assuming you play against campers a lot. :D

FCacGRdvWD
03-12-2020, 12:32 AM
Bought the Game a couple of weeks ago while waiting to hear something from the Immersion Mode, perhaps the game didn't like my rig because in a day and a half I was barely able to make it to half of the first mission the game would freeze, lock, stutter for minutes at a time, and anything else you want to throw at it. Googled the issue, watched YT videos, read forum pages after pages, tested & troubleshooted my *** off to no avail. It seemed all of the How Tos and workarounds were for 2019

First time I have an issue with a Modern Warfare game, sent a ticket, 48 hrs later I had requested a refund because there was no response so I am a little apprehensive to download this if the same thing will happen. Yesterday they responded with an answer worthy of laughing while wanting to ring someone's neck at the same time, it was something about Un-linking the accounts :confused: and here I thought Ubisoft technical support was lacking

El_Cuervacho
03-12-2020, 12:07 PM
How many bots does the offline mode support?

recklessnico
03-12-2020, 12:33 PM
Bought the Game a couple of weeks ago while waiting to hear something from the Immersion Mode, perhaps the game didn't like my rig because in a day and a half I was barely able to make it to half of the first mission the game would freeze, lock, stutter for minutes at a time, and anything else you want to throw at it. Googled the issue, watched YT videos, read forum pages after pages, tested & troubleshooted my *** off to no avail. It seemed all of the How Tos and workarounds were for 2019

First time I have an issue with a Modern Warfare game, sent a ticket, 48 hrs later I had requested a refund because there was no response so I am a little apprehensive to download this if the same thing will happen. Yesterday they responded with an answer worthy of laughing while wanting to ring someone's neck at the same time, it was something about Un-linking the accounts :confused: and here I thought Ubisoft technical support was lacking

Did you try buying the patch from the micro transactions store?

Klaymond
03-12-2020, 01:25 PM
I'd be for their new mode if it was hardcore. Between core and new armor system, feels like breakpoint heavies.

Kean_1
03-12-2020, 02:54 PM
How many bots does the offline mode support?

I'm not sure. I noticed the other modes in the main game supported up to 6 players on each team (5 AI on your side and 6 on the other) but didn't play enough to see if that number goes up for other maps, modes, etc.

For the BR, I only played one practice map and didn't take note of how many others there.

CrockfordCK
03-12-2020, 03:45 PM
The "offline with bots" is nothing special, just a small arena that runs you through a 1v1 and 2v2 matches with random weapon loadouts. It's clearly designed solely as a way to get comfortable with the controls before jumping into the real thing.

FCacGRdvWD
03-12-2020, 03:57 PM
Did you try buying the patch from the micro transactions store?

I'm assuming you are being sarcastic, right? :confused:

recklessnico
03-12-2020, 04:03 PM
I'm assuming you are being sarcastic, right? :confused:

Yep, just a cheap shot at this editor and their MTX infested games.

FCacGRdvWD
03-12-2020, 04:15 PM
OK, that's what I thought but you forgot the smiley so all bets were off :o :p

I honestly do want to play the game, I have always loved the Ergo of their weapons and the stories are well thought out but what I do not enjoy is playing or rather watching slides instead of a fluid video. :(

Kean_1
03-12-2020, 04:44 PM
The "offline with bots" is nothing special, just a small arena that runs you through a 1v1 and 2v2 matches with random weapon loadouts. It's clearly designed solely as a way to get comfortable with the controls before jumping into the real thing.

Yes but there is an option to run through the tutorial or play a game against bots in BR specifically for Warzone. What you're talking about I believe is what folks were able to play while the game was downloading.

I checked again and it seems there were at least ~10 bots that it pits you against in the BR practice. Also, the two times I tried it, the map area was already reduced to one segment. .....the quarry in my case. Bpth the tutorial and the practice modes are a good introduction to how things work in the game. Way too bullet spongy for me especially with the addition of armor plating and I'm not really into BR but I guess it's pretty cool for those who like CoD and BR.

I'm guessing that the free version has the tutorial and practice modes. I can't imagine why they wouldn't. If you're looking for a game to play against bot though, this isn't it. It would get boring quick IMO because of the smaller area, etc. ......but it does help players get accustomed to the game mechanics before entering the fray.

CrockfordCK
03-12-2020, 06:39 PM
Good to know, I didn't have much time to mess around in it yesterday, the call of Bolivia was too strong. So I didn't play any after the game had fully downloaded.

Sefin_CZ
03-13-2020, 11:25 AM
I am not into BR. But plunder seems to be fun.

Though I hate that arcade dmg model, so I stick with full MW and play hardcore modes.

One shot one kill is simply awesome. Amd the gun play... its friday and only a few more hours of work then the Call of Duty is strong! :D