PDA

View Full Version : Camera Screen TV/monitor real time visualization.

eH reH eH reH
03-06-2020, 11:04 PM
Prior to release a trailer for Trials Rising had a motocross MP track with a huge screen that showed what the game camera was seeing, a camera screen. Oddly enough I can't seem to find the video I saw it in. Was this ever implemented? I searched through the editor object menu and found screens, but none of the settings show they can be connected to a custom camera. I also looked through the camera settings and watched the two official tutorials on youtube about cameras and there was no mention of it.

TL;DR - Is there a Camera Screen in the editor object menu and if so where is it? I can probably work out how to use it, but I can't find it. Thanks for your help.

UbiDork
03-06-2020, 11:38 PM
eH reH eH reH: Hi there! Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, the earlier trailer you saw for the game showcased a camera view that allowed you to watch (from a second camera angle) what the main camera would be capturing during a track run?

eH reH eH reH
03-08-2020, 09:02 PM
Here I found a video of what I was talking about. It's just a stadium screen that shows what the game camera sees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD8kqhrpjk8

Where is this in the editor menu? can't find it.

eH reH eH reH
03-08-2020, 09:06 PM
oops sorry forgot to mention. You can see the screens I'm talking about at 0:05, 0:09 and 0:25 in the above video in the background.

UbiDork
03-09-2020, 12:10 AM
eH reH eH reH: Thanks for that! I'll share this with our team to have this reviewed! :) Thanks for digging deeper into this!

eH reH eH reH
03-15-2020, 12:22 AM
So any update about the location of the camera screen in the editor object menu? I'm about to hop on trials, I'll try finding it again while I'm working on a track I'm making.

eH reH eH reH
03-27-2020, 09:07 AM
Bump.