PDA

View Full Version : Custom Character for Story?

DesertEagle0357
06-10-2007, 12:05 PM
I know people have answered this in there own way, but maybe someone has an idea on these?

I really think the game is so much better using my custom character. But me and my friends all work at different hours of the day. So, a lot of time I can't play MP. And, though I know you can use your custom character in SP Terrorist Hunt -- Story Mode or COOP Story is far less boring.

So, I was wondering the following:

1. Is there a way to maybe take my custom character file (whatever or wherever that file is located) and over write the "logan" one to use my custom character in SP Story?

2. There is a console (tilde "~" key). So, is there a command I can type to use my character in SP Story?

3. Does anyone know of a mod out anywhere for custom character in SP story?

4. If SP story isn't at all possible, how can I launch MP COOP Story without anyone having to join (sometimes it can take awhile for someone to)? Are there any bots out? Is it possible to edit a file so only 1 player needs to be in the server to launch it (instead of the minimum 2)?

5. Is there a way to launch a dedicated server, from the same PC, so as only one play has to join to start COOP story?

I'm not expecting someone to answer all these. I was just wondering if anyone knew one of these answers, or something else, that might make it possible to play story (sp or coop) mode; without having to have at least one other player to use my custom character.

Thanks in advance to anyone who took the time to read this.

dimdim420
06-10-2007, 12:45 PM
think you should learn to go without trivial things lol .

DesertEagle0357
06-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Dude, a videogame is one of those trivial things in itself :P Which on my salary, I'm lucky to have. I just think it would be cool to be able to -- and I doubt I'd be the only one to think so. Though if you want me to get full-on dr. phil I could list-off all of the important things in life that have left me? But f***, talk about a mood kill, hey bud?

But hey, thanks for reading anyway.

randolfphe
06-11-2007, 01:13 AM
good arguments, i laugh at the guy calling video games trivial, one could argue that life is trivial as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ps. deserteagle, don't get discouraged. it's a good request you should just ignore feminine hygiene products like him next time. and i'm serious. he and many others i've encountered here are feminine hygiene products.

No insults please - Geist

DesertEagle0357
06-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the love randolfphe, I thought I was on to something. Though, I am try'n to get on my good side http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I do want to mention something else, though, for the people at UBI (in case they occasionally come across these posts). Thanks for taking the time to develop this game -- I think it kicks total @$$! I'm still so psyched about the cover system in this game! Some of my friends are complaining about how it's not like the originals.

But I say -- if I want to play a game that has the original feel to it -- I'll install any of the four original games :P I guess the moral to my story is... Hmmm, guess I don't have a moral... I need morals...

Anyway, Just want it known that you still got an ubisoft fan out there (Yeah, I know I'm off topic -- but since I have nothing else to do today, I might-as-well be a ray of sunshine and hope wrapped in a beacon of joy).

MDS_Geist
07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Guys, stay polite please. Keep reporting posts rather than turn things into flamewars.

bracket_cable
07-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by randolfphe:
good arguments, i laugh at the guy calling video games trivial, one could argue that life is trivial as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ps. deserteagle, don't get discouraged. it's a good request you should just ignore feminine hygiene products like him next time. and i'm serious. he and many others i've encountered here are feminine hygiene products.

No insults please - Geist

My opinion is that "feminine hygiene products" is actually both funnier AND more offensive than the word it replaced, in this case. lol