PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Gun?

Ezio28101943
08-14-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure, it seems like a good idea, but some things that concern me are:
Would guards notice you use it? (I would think so)

How many bullets can you have on you and how fast will it take to reload?

How accurate is it?

Edengoth
08-14-2009, 11:12 AM
I want to know more about it. Escpecially how it is aimed by the player. I've heard that the team is unsatisfied with it right now, so who knows. It could be taken out like the crossbow was in AC1.

Ezio28101943
08-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
I want to know more about it. Escpecially how it is aimed by the player. I've heard that the team is unsatisfied with it right now, so who knows. It could be taken out like the crossbow was in AC1.

Yeah, I thought about that too. I think it would be aimed like the throwing knives in AC 1. Just lock onto a target and fire. They might add more presision as you progress too. Like you start with only 30% of hitting your target but at the end it's like 80%.

caswallawn_2k7
08-14-2009, 11:23 AM
the gun is going to be a minor option in the game, due to the type of gun it is going to have a fairly long reload, and due to the size the range and accuracy will be terrible.

seems like it will be more of a gimic than anything else and wont be used as a common weapon.

Danvish
08-14-2009, 12:20 PM

I doubt it... we've already seen things related to it in-game (in the 2nd Dev Diary, in the menue, you can purchase bullets). So I think that if they come the conclusion that they can't find a special thing to do with it, they'll just do it like the throwing knife. They can and always throw an excuse like "Leonardo is a genius" to justify the one-time kill.

Ezio28101943
08-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Danvish:
I doubt it... we've already seen things related to it in-game (in the 2nd Dev Diary, in the menue, you can purchase bullets). So I think that if they come the conclusion that they can't find a special thing to do with it, they'll just do it like the throwing knife. They can and always throw an excuse like "Leonardo is a genius" to justify the one-time kill.

I don't know, if you got shot in the heart or head I think you might just die. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif The throwing knives where a one-time kill and they aren't as powerful as a gun.

bladencrowd
08-14-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm thinking the gun is just a long range assassination. Instant kill. Hopefully bullets will cost a ton. Another thing is the gun makes noise, so you'll get noticed if you rely on it more than your throwing knives.

caswallawn_2k7
08-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by bladencrowd:
I'm thinking the gun is just a long range assassination. Instant kill. Hopefully bullets will cost a ton. Another thing is the gun makes noise, so you'll get noticed if you rely on it more than your throwing knives.
due to the type of gun and size it would probly have a terrible range. you have to think it will be along the lines of this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derringer)

Danvish
08-14-2009, 12:48 PM

Well, point is, the gun won't be deadly unless hit in the head/heart. To hit perfectly in the head/heart with a rounded bullet and a short barrel, that bullet will have to be shot from 10 meters max.

Kaxen6
08-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
due to the type of gun and size it would probly have a terrible range. you have to think it will be along the lines of this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derringer)

I remember some story about a prostitute whose derringer was so inaccurate that she shot the man she was fighting over instead of the prostitute she was fighting with. O_o

...anyhow, assuming the gun is somewhat historically accurate and considering the length of the barrel, I don't think it would somehow negate the use of all the other weapons or turn Ezio into a sniper. Which is what I suppose is my main issue. >_> I don't really want to go guns blazing into Renaissance Italy...

Iskander_Estel
08-14-2009, 01:49 PM
i think it's going to be like in the E3 trailer:
if you feel like youre going to fall into a trap, you just shot your target and that's it you run and fly all over the city.

i think it's for something like that, if you whant to take just one target fast and scape runing thats your wepon.
Like if you target is being protected by guard.

and i think people it is going to shock for a moment when they hear the shot.

thekyle0
08-14-2009, 02:10 PM
I probably will try not to use the gun ever. Unless there is a mission where it is absolutley necessary. Subtlety ftw!

I actually voted for the third option since I still like the idea of it.

Airadan
08-14-2009, 03:40 PM
The gun just sounds like a expensive/loud throwing knife.

Silhouette1991
08-14-2009, 03:46 PM
What's wrong with the hidden gun?it would be better than to repeat the same old throwing knives from AC1.i can't wait for the game to come out already http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif.

deskpe
08-14-2009, 03:52 PM
i imagine Ezio running into some fortress gears of war style, then using hes only bullet and running out again with an whole army on hes neck

Stickman08
08-14-2009, 04:05 PM
I hope the gun will be as a reward given to the player when he/she finishes the game. It would give more options to the player to assassinate it's target but overall it's just a decorative object, like I said in a previous post if the bullet is round and there is no gun-powder then maybe you can pick up bullets and re-use them, maybe the gun gets improved by Da Vinci, maybe you'll get side-missions to gather some mats for the upgrade from folks around town...there are so many things you can do with a gun in a game and not only with a gun.

bladencrowd
08-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Stickman08:
I hope the gun will be as a reward given to the player when he/she finishes the game.

I'm sorry, but that is the most ******ed idea I've seen in a some time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif .

Ezionewassasin
08-14-2009, 06:27 PM
I think that it will cost more than throwing knifes (bullets I mean) and guards will be acively searching you at once after such a loudness. I think that as in AC1, you won't be allowed to kill your target distantly. You may probably wound it mortally but Ezio will have to come closer. I think, good players will find it of use and won't use it excessively.

agentpoop
08-14-2009, 11:37 PM
maybe make it so knives only take out lightly armored people but dont do anything to heavy armored people and the gun can take anyone out

Danvish
08-15-2009, 12:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stickman08:
I hope the gun will be as a reward given to the player when he/she finishes the game.

I'm sorry, but that is the most ******ed idea I've seen in a some time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Anyway, back on topic, you think they'll just do lock-and-kill mod? or maybe some mini-game with bars you need to cross to get a perfect shot or smtn?

RipYourSpineOut
08-15-2009, 07:50 AM
I hope they don't do the lock and kill method. It's to cliche. I want something original. If they can make up all these other great things, I'm sure Ubi can think of an unique way of using the gun.

Xanatos2007
08-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Patrice said they're working on the aiming system for the gun to make it more fun and challenging. Can't remember exactly where I saw it though.

Danvish
08-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Patrice said they're working on the aiming system for the gun to make it more fun and challenging. Can't remember exactly where I saw it though.

Yeh I know what you're talking about, I think it was the interview in french, or maybe one of the written ones.

Point is, I guess if they fail to make a cool aiming, they'll just fall to locked-to-kill.

bladencrowd
08-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Maybe it will be some slow mo thing like in fallout 3 aiming.

Ureh
08-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Personally, I don't want to see a system like that in AC2. It's going to ruin the pacing and atmosphere.

Stickman08
08-15-2009, 03:28 PM
now that right there is a ******ed ideea...
I just hope they know what they're doing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but seriously WATS in assassin's creed? nah I hope they're gonna be inventive and amaze us like they did before.

caswallawn_2k7
08-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Stickman08:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:
now that right there is a ******ed ideea...
I just hope they know what they're doing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but seriously WATS in assassin's creed? nah I hope they're gonna be inventive and amaze us like they did before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
it's not that stupid an idea if they made it an extention of eagle vision, your only going to get one shot due to reload, then you would have a time limit to line up the shot because of the limit of eagle vision allowing a aiming system to be put in without it affecting the base style of the game.

there is no such thing as a stupid comment just stupid people who dismiss stuff before considering how it couldd be alterd to fit. nothing in games now is original.

Charlie_Romeo
08-15-2009, 05:33 PM
maybe eagle vision could spot weaknssses in the targets. Like if armor isnt protecting a certain point ect. Then you would have to position yourself in a position quickly to get to the point of weakness?

bladencrowd
08-15-2009, 06:11 PM
there is no such thing as a stupid comment just stupid people who dismiss stuff before considering how it could be altered to fit. nothing in games now is original.

Uh don't you mean there's no stupid ideas/questions, only stupid people who ask them?
Sorry to Stickman if I offended you. Trust me, I've had some stupid ideas (Stamina bar http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif).

Xanatos2007
08-15-2009, 08:00 PM
I wonder how the aiming system would work though, the gun doesn't seem to have any sort of sighting system at all. I'm guessing it will have an effective range of 10-15m where you probably won't need sights. Or would it be a Splinter Cell style crosshair, and will it be instant-hit?

saidjah93
08-16-2009, 04:26 AM
tey probably desinged the gun to take out someone who has tons bodyguards around them , one shot super loud and maybe if youre in a tight spot you can hold the gun at someone important's head so the guy will order not to attack and you can get out I don't no what tey'l do for aiming tough
P.S. and that's my first post on this forum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

thekyle0
08-16-2009, 12:03 PM
What's the point of putting the gun to his head when a sword over his neck would work just as well and look alot less awkward?

caswallawn_2k7
08-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
What's the point of putting the gun to his head when a sword over his neck would work just as well and look alot less awkward?
also you have 2 hiddden blades in your wrists that can easily do the same.

Charlie_Romeo
08-16-2009, 04:51 PM
haha im guessing not alot of people would know what a gun is so the gaurds would probably laugh at him thinking hes gone crazy

Guard: Look hes threating him with his wrist

thekyle0
08-16-2009, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
also you have 2 hiddden blades in your wrists that can easily do the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I thought about that but it seems like to the guards a sword would be more recognizable and they would all realize what's happening right away.

It also wouldn't be good to make such a scene with the hidden blade because then the guards would probably think to check the wrists of everyone who walks by to find the assassin.

Charlie_Romeo
08-16-2009, 05:14 PM
but no1 knew what guns were back then so they would just rush him forcing his hand

Danvish
08-17-2009, 10:29 AM
From judging the Dev Diaries and gameplays, it seems that Ezio gets very dirty from all the blood in melee fight.

So maybe it's a way to save money from dry cleaning?

thekyle0
08-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm sure that Davinchi already found a way to make less expensive Assassin bleach.

Danvish
08-17-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm sure that Davinchi already found a way to make less expensive Assassin bleach.

He should give some to Altair.

thekyle0
08-17-2009, 02:11 PM
And give up the copyright? Patrice did say Davinchi loves to be payed for his inventions.

MartaVasques
08-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Iím not crazy about this gun thing. One of the reasons I like AC I is because there are no fire arms. Itís up to the assassin and his skills with a blade, not a metal projectile fired from a distance.

I hope the gun in AC II comes up really late in the game, or meant to be used in very special conditions. I won't be using it unless itís strictly necessary... to complete a mission, for instanceÖ

IanXO4
08-17-2009, 06:52 PM
^ ive heard similar preferences from others... but if you think about it, there isnt much difference between a throwing knife and a firearm.

EmperorxZurg
08-17-2009, 06:55 PM
except for the BOOM! lol

Azugo
08-17-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't mind the idea. I think it would be handy if say for example: You're getting chased by guards and you're running away from them. You keep running but you turn around and take a quick shot at the guard. Hopefully you don't have to stop and just stand and shoot like with the throwing knives. I guess what I'm saying is that it would be cool if you could use this hidden gun while running.

MartaVasques
08-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by IanXO4:
^ ive heard similar preferences from others... but if you think about it, there isnt much difference between a throwing knife and a firearm.

I knowÖ But itís the whole fire weapon thing I donít like. It takes skill to throw a knife and hit someone. Anyone can shoot a gun! Itís not suited for a Master Assassin! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

dakota94
08-18-2009, 03:17 AM
OKAY GUYS

I need to understand something, is it a gun that shoots like bullets bullets

or is it a wrist blade launcher for only one of the wrist blades that you get so after launch, you still have one that stays with you all the time

becuase ive see people saying that theres ammo and stuff and im just wondering, like is it a hidden musket pistol type of thing

i probley sound really stupid right now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

MartaVasques
08-18-2009, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by dakota94:
OKAY GUYS

I need to understand something, is it a gun that shoots like bullets bullets

or is it a wrist blade launcher for only one of the wrist blades that you get so after launch, you still have one that stays with you all the time

becuase ive see people saying that theres ammo and stuff and im just wondering, like is it a hidden musket pistol type of thing

i probley sound really stupid right now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Itīs a hidden musket kind of thing, Dakota94. And it shoots bullets. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cjail
08-18-2009, 03:26 AM
I think it is a curious idea; the only problem for me is: isn't a gun a bit too noisy for a stealth Assassin?

dakota94
08-18-2009, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by MartaVasques:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IanXO4:

I knowÖ But itís the whole fire weapon thing I donít like. It takes skill to throw a knife and hit someone. Anyone can shoot a gun! Itís not suited for a Master Assassin! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea but think about it this way, to hit your targets more tacticly, and to make history with not only your actions, but your tools, is what makes a master assassin also. With throwing knives its all about range (In real life). But with a gun not only can you fire it up close. you can reach longer ranges. Even then, i think they added the gun, becuase its the filler for teh admired crossbow that everyone missed in AC1

Im just saying, to take out the target quicker, and faster, new technology is required.

EVEN THEN, you still get throwing knives in the game, so if your not comfertable with the gun, they're there saying, "THROW ME!!" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dakota94
08-18-2009, 03:29 AM
Hmmmm no way

Wow! well it sounds like a hell of an idea http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

heh im going to have to watch the cinimatic trailer again to actully see. Thats going to be fun the kill guards with right guys? :P

dakota94
08-18-2009, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Cjail:
I think it is a curious idea; the only problem for me is: isn't a gun a bit too noisy for a stealth Assassin?

Yea i feel you, think about it this way though

You kill him up close, gaurds chase you

You shot him far away, gaurds chase you

Advatages from range:

1.Gaurds have to spot you first off

2.I would imagine you would be far away as possible, in that case, they would have to chase you. I meen from that range, im guessing about thirty yards at the max, a "Agile" gaurd would take awhile to catch you.

I do agree heavily on that noise problem

MartaVasques
08-18-2009, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by dakota94:
Im just saying, to take out the target quicker, and faster, new technology is required.

I agree, but guns back then made an awful amount of noise, not to mention smoke and smell of gunpowder. Isnít the assassin business all about stealth? Donít tell me Leonardo will come up with a silencer! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Azugo
08-18-2009, 03:49 AM
Guys, you don't have to use it!
I'll probably never use the gun unless I've been compromised. Because you're right! An Assassin is all about stealth. So just use it like how I will. Only when you've been compromised! Even if you don't want to do that, well, you don't have to! So just stop whining about it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

dakota94
08-18-2009, 03:57 AM
Alright, yea actully, if you listen carefully instead of drooling at the weapons in the second developer Diary, he says that you will have the choice to actully choose the weapons you go with first, just you have to buy them

But either way, yea it about being quiet, but in my book, you be quiet, then use the gun on your main target

Cjail
08-18-2009, 08:45 AM
In the final game we will be able to choose which weapons to carry but the question is: will we be able to carry both the throwable knives an the hidden gun?
Picture yourself killing a solitary, simple, guard with you gun: instant alert and no stealth advantage at all.
I remember well how fun and useful was to kill at distance in AC and I would really like do do it again in AC2.
I only hope that in the final game you could carry both the gun and the knives.

Charlie_Romeo
08-18-2009, 09:33 AM
hey, Just because its a gun doesnt mean it'll be able to shoot from a large distance away it aint a sniper. Its got a short barrel so its more of a 1 shot handgun. Idk what the range is on one of them but old guns that were first invented had a small range of say 20ft. and even then they didnt always kill the person.
I like the idea nobody knows what a gun is and will probably be confused by a huge bang and by that time u can be gone.

SBRedFlag
08-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Everybody keeps bringing up the throwing knives like "oh, you can use them if you don't want the gun"

In an interview, patrice said the following:

We're working on the gun mechanics right now in Montreal. I cannot go into too detail because we are not pleased with what we have right now. Basically, the gun is replacing the throwing knives.

In the first game you could throw some throwing knives and you would kill with one shot. This time it's the gun that would kill with one shot but it takes more time to reload and you have to buy bullets and things like that, because we have an economic system this time around.

But the reticle, it's not about aiming. We're having fun with some concepts in Montreal about how to make that gun more fun than only marking off someone and shooting. You'll see. You'll see.

This interview took place on June 10th though, so things may have changed since then.

Danvish
08-18-2009, 11:54 AM
2 things:

1st of all, Marta, I'm not sure if you ever tried using a gun, unfortunate for me, I did, too many times, and it's not that accurate... it takes years to become a marksman, and you need a very good instructors... so saying that it doesn't take skill/practicing using a gun, is a wrong statement.

2nd thing, you guys are talking about stealth assassination, which is very much true, and I doubt any of us will use the gun while performing a silent execution.
However, the assassins (at least in the old time of Altair) did like to make their executions publicly in order to scare the people, so using a loud thing, that creates fire and smoke, and kills the target without even being seen - is an excellent tool for that.
And also, I think we'll use the gun only as last resort, or when already exposed and got nothing to lose.

That was my 2 cents http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

thekyle0
08-18-2009, 01:46 PM
________________ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif_______________________
.........^join here^...........^join here^

thekyle0
08-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Not to mention it's barely 10 centimeters of barrel.

EmperorxZurg
08-18-2009, 02:43 PM
and the recoil on that thing! his arm must fly back like cod's barret .50 cal after a shot!

Charlie_Romeo
08-18-2009, 02:47 PM
that all depends on the amount of gunpowder.

caswallawn_2k7
08-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
not true recoil is caused by the force of the bullet leaving the barrle so if they reduce the recoil they will also reduce the power of the weapon killing the range and ability to penetrate.

EmperorxZurg
08-18-2009, 02:52 PM
but to make that bullet fly the amount of yards u would have to use quite a bit, especially if ur trying to beat the range of throwing ur knife

Charlie_Romeo
08-18-2009, 02:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
not true recoil is caused by the force of the bullet leaving the barrle so if they reduce the recoil they will also reduce the power of the weapon killing the range and ability to penetrate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 day i hope to get something right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

caswallawn_2k7
08-18-2009, 03:17 PM
@Romeo: it's newtons third law. "To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." so to fire a gun it will recoil at the same force as the bullet is fired forwards. it's why the people flying from being shot in westerns is a joke as the person firing the gun would be shot back the same distance.

MartaVasques
08-18-2009, 03:29 PM
2 things:

1st of all, Marta, I'm not sure if you ever tried using a gun, unfortunate for me, I did, too many times, and it's not that accurate... it takes years to become a marksman, and you need a very good instructors... so saying that it doesn't take skill/practicing using a gun, is a wrong statement.

Danvish, Iím not saying it doesnít take any skills to shoot a gun accurately. Iím sure it requires a lot of training and not everyone can do it. What I meant was itís much easier for someone, even without any training, to pull the trigger and actually hurt a target then to do so with a throwing knife.

2nd thing, you guys are talking about stealth assassination, which is very much true, and I doubt any of us will use the gun while performing a silent execution.
However, the assassins (at least in the old time of Altair) did like to make their executions publicly in order to scare the people, so using a loud thing, that creates fire and smoke, and kills the target without even being seen - is an excellent tool for that.
And also, I think we'll use the gun only as last resort, or when already exposed and got nothing to lose.

Yes, I can see your point. People must have thought the man with such a device was a wizard or something! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But I have this romantic concept of Assassins. The real Hashashin used only blades on their hits. Of course that was because they didnít have many weapons to choose from, but also because it was part of their code. The Creed.

So thatís why Iím a little apprehensive about Ezioís firearm. Iím apprehensive about a lot of things about him, actually, but that belongs to a different thread. I guess Iíll just have to wait and see.

caswallawn_2k7
08-18-2009, 03:32 PM
why would people think he was a wizard? guns were around before the 1400's cannons and stuff have been around way longer. they would just look at him and think wow he has a gun that probly wont penetrate chain mail or plate mail so lets just run at him.

EmperorxZurg
08-18-2009, 03:46 PM
but they had guns that could go through armor, they had weapons like that a long time ago, even when the Spanish were taking over the Aztecs, the Aztecs had weapons that could go straight through their armor, same with guns if not more, if he COULD hit ur armor it would pierce it

MartaVasques
08-18-2009, 03:47 PM
why would people think he was a wizard? guns were around before the 1400's cannons and stuff have been around way longer. they would just look at him and think wow he has a gun that probly wont penetrate chain mail or plate mail so lets just run at him.

Actually, I think people would find a wrist gun disturbing, to say the least! Small firearms, the kind you hide up your sleeve, became popular around that time or shortly after (especially among the ladies), but having one attached to your wrist must have been something new and scary for most people.

caswallawn_2k7
08-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
but they had guns that could go through armor, they had weapons like that a long time ago, even when the Spanish were taking over the Aztecs, the Aztecs had weapons that could go straight through their armor, same with guns if not more, if he COULD hit ur armor it would pierce it
a crossbow has higher penetration than a musket ball. so the bows would go through armour easier than a gun.

EmperorxZurg
08-18-2009, 03:51 PM
but wouldn't the destructive force at the speeds that piece of metal be going penetrate the thin layers of rings chain mail is?

caswallawn_2k7
08-18-2009, 04:06 PM
chain mail is actualy designed to be resistant to arrows so would actualy hold up better to bullets. but the type of ammo at the time was mainly musket balls often made of softer metal's so the larger surface area of the bullet would cause them to deacellerate quicker on impact causing them to doo less damge on impact with the chain or plate.

were a cross bow bolt (more so with broad heads) have a point and a blade allowing it to penetrate much deaper and with less resistan (this is the reason moder bullets have points) but if you get 150lb cross bow from about 10 meters you can prety much burry a full crosss bow bolt in a tree.

the reason people went to guns was only because they were easier to load as you didnt need as much strenth to prime the firing mech. if you think with a 150lb cross bow, you would need 150lb of force to tention the string before firing it.

EmperorxZurg
08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
oh, forgot about the part where musket balls flatten and lose speed >_<

tkrow21
08-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by MartaVasques:
It takes skill to throw a knife and hit someone. Anyone can shoot a gun!

Connect to a Counter-Strike server and you'll see how wrong you are.

EmperorxZurg
08-18-2009, 07:03 PM
or start shooting a mini-uzi in cod {real life more preferably} u will never be able to hit anyone without like 5 months intensive training

tkrow21
08-18-2009, 07:31 PM
or start shooting a mini-uzi in cod {real life more preferably} u will never be able to hit anyone without like 5 months intensive training

+1

Sector_7_Killa
08-18-2009, 09:01 PM

Wtf!!!You can use the crossbow in AC1?!?! I was stuck using throwing knives, which was still cool.

EmperorxZurg
08-18-2009, 09:08 PM
that was a joke right? we never got the crossbow they took it out before the game was released so we ALL used throwing knives

Azugo
08-18-2009, 09:09 PM
That's exactly what I was saying I would do with the gun.

Danvish
08-19-2009, 12:36 AM

Noone uses Mini-Uzis/Uzis today except for bodyguards in 3rd world countries.

It's a high inaccurate and dangerous weapon...
It does have an amazing fire-rate, but according to the Geneva treaty, you're not allowed to fire on automatic anyway, so actually there's no need for it.

Xanatos2007
08-19-2009, 12:39 AM
I don't get why everyone likes a high ROF, it's not like you're going to quickly acquire and hit multiple targets in a fraction of a second anyway.

Danvish
08-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I don't get why everyone likes a high ROF, it's not like you're going to quickly acquire and hit multiple targets in a fraction of a second anyway.

With a high ROF, it's safer to charge on multiple enemies.
But that's just a myth. Truth is, you don't just today's rifles on their ROF. You judge them on their credibility/accuracy/how convinient they are when using in urban terrain.

caswallawn_2k7
08-19-2009, 09:24 AM
also with a higher rate of fire you put more bullets in a target so you have more chance of killing it out right instead of just winging it.

EmperorxZurg
08-19-2009, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

Noone uses Mini-Uzis/Uzis today except for bodyguards in 3rd world countries.

It's a high inaccurate and dangerous weapon...
It does have an amazing fire-rate, but according to the Geneva treaty, you're not allowed to fire on automatic anyway, so actually there's no need for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was my point, their kickback is horrible, but why does the Geneva convention ban them, I mean it's WAR in my opinion there should be no rules in wat type of small arms u use, besides what if the other army breaks the treaty what are u going to do? declare war on them?

SBRedFlag
08-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Well, the idea is that the rest of the countries that agree with the Geneva treaty would declare war on them, not just one country.

EmperorxZurg
08-19-2009, 01:41 PM
so basically a world war? more people would be killed

SBRedFlag
08-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Except most of the world is on one side, while the single violating country is on the other. Ideally. Let's see those illegal uzis save them from that.

EmperorxZurg
08-19-2009, 01:51 PM
so they're banking on the amount of numbers and that the violating country isn't going to threaten another country with a nuke since they already broke the laws? or an atomic bomb

SBRedFlag
08-19-2009, 01:58 PM
No, they're banking on the fact that no one wants to go into war over Uzis. And the fact that for each nuke they drop, they'll receive 10 in return.

thekyle0
08-19-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't pretend to be a weapons scientist, but isn't a nuke another name for an atomic bomb? Or do you mean hydrogen bomb by "nuke"?

SBRedFlag
08-19-2009, 02:00 PM
No thekyle0, you're right. A nuke is just any bomb that relies on a nuclear reaction i.e. atom bomb and hydrogen bomb.

caswallawn_2k7
08-19-2009, 02:01 PM
nuke implies a nuclear bomb (atomic bomb, A-Bomb, atom bomb and others.)

EmperorxZurg
08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
ya was just trying to give it other names

thekyle0
08-19-2009, 02:56 PM
I was actually being sarcastic folks.

SBRedFlag
08-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Dragging this thread back on topic...
The answer to the original question,
according to the new IGN article,

In combat, which will still feature a heavy focus on picking the right time to hit and countering enemy swipes, you can select Ezio's small gun. While inaccurate, it's possible to enter into an aiming mode where four lines converge the longer the mode is active, which should mean the shot hits closer to its intended mark when fired

thekyle0
08-20-2009, 06:27 AM
I think this topic may have run dry after the new article on gamescom.

Danvish
08-21-2009, 04:32 AM
I think this topic may have run dry after the new article on gamescom.

What new article?

Charlie_Romeo
08-21-2009, 05:55 AM
they are all in here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1991058287) it think Danvish

Danvish
08-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
they are all in here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1991058287) it think Danvish

Yeh I saw it thanks.

Did anyone understand exactly what the aiming will be like? I have problems with English, so I didn't quite understand the part about the 4 bars.

Charlie_Romeo
08-21-2009, 08:55 AM
i think that there will be 4 lines on the screen and the intersection of all 4 lines will be where the bullet hits or the space inbetween the 4 lines in a box shape is where the bullet will fire towards.
PS ur english seems very good better than mine sometimes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/USERNAME101_020/DANVISH1.jpg
or
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/USERNAME101_020/Danvish2.jpg
THE RED PARTS ARE WHERE THE BULLET MIGHT HIT.

SBRedFlag
08-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah, charlie_romeo is right, the longer you hold it, the lines get closer together, so it becomes more accurate. Not very realistic, but I like how it works, it's a good solution to the entire "15th century guns sucked, especially off your wrist" (paraphrased) argument.

Danvish
08-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Oh I see what you mean.

From the article, did you understand that no matter where you'll hit (as long as you hit the guy) you'll do instant-kill? Or you have to hit specific types?

(Btw, it's good to see you started to call me Dan http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

Charlie_Romeo
08-21-2009, 10:23 AM
ummm nt sure post the text ur refering to and ill have a look Dan http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Stormpen
08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
I really wish we didn't have a gun. *sigh*

On the other hand, I guess it's good 4 taking down archers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Charlie_Romeo
08-21-2009, 10:27 AM
As long as the gun isnt too god i dont mind it. it would be dull to run around only usong your gun.

Stormpen
08-21-2009, 10:38 AM
The idea that the gun isn't too accurate is cool, it makes the game even more reaistic. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

SBRedFlag
08-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Oh I see what you mean.

From the article, did you understand that no matter where you'll hit (as long as you hit the guy) you'll do instant-kill? Or you have to hit specific types?

(Btw, it's good to see you started to call me Dan http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

The gun is one-hit-one-kill

john63
08-21-2009, 06:09 PM
I think the gun is a cool concept, but from what I've heard, it doesn't seem like it will give much of an advantage over throwing knives.

The gun will be loud. Throwing knives aren't.

The gun will need to be reloaded each time. Throwing knives can be rapid-fire.

The gun will be inaccurate. But as long as you lock onto your target, and they aren't running sideways, you can't miss with knives.

The only possible advantage I can see is improved range, but since the gun is inaccurate, will better range help? No use shooting a bullet farther if you can't hit your target...

thekyle0
08-21-2009, 06:37 PM
The throwing knives will probably only work against an un-armored target. That would mean the elite enemies and the leaders would be immune to them.

obliviondoll
08-21-2009, 07:42 PM
I think it'll be a useful assassination weapon. maybe against someone who runs and taunts you into a trap?

Or would assuming that be too sensible after the original trailer?

Danvish
08-22-2009, 02:51 AM
I seriously doubt the throwing knives will be instant kill again.

If the gun is one-shot,one-kill then what's the point of the aiming system?

EDIT: this made me think about the training of you with the gun, which made me think about the game itself, which made me think that "JESUS CHRIST I WANT THAT GAME SO BADLY IT'S MERLY A CRIME".

Thank you all for tuning up.

madmanmadland
08-22-2009, 07:25 PM
I think that the hidden gun will be alot like the throwing knives in the way that it aims and shoots, if it isn't just an automatic aim and kill, it would terribly ruin the flow of gameplay. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Picture yourself running across rooftops being chased by 5 guys, theres an enemy in front of you blocking your way. You bust your hidden gun to drop him. Bam! You go into a crosshair locking mini-game to aim on the guy... Flow dead. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

I hope and hope thats it's almost exactly the same as the throwing knives except maybe with longer range but with the noise alerting. I also hope that you can use the gun in up-front combat. Like shank one guy, then turn and shoot another like a g-sta.

john63
08-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Maybe only the gun will be a one-hit kill, and the knives will need multiple hits. I'm sure that since Altair's time, there will have been major armor improvements (It seemed like most of Altair's enemies just wore thick cloth shirts, with some better armor on occasion, whereas many guards we've seen for AC2 have plate armor, or at least leather...). Maybe that will make it so that the knives can't penetrate.

Maybe certain weapons will be for certain targets (knives for the agile guys with no armor, guns for armored targets.)

narutosaifu
08-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Now that i think about, they would of had black gunpowder back then right? back then black gunpowder would have been less stable and really explosive right?
So with the hidden gun wouldn't Ezio suffer from severe burns or something? because in the video he isn't wearing any protective gloves and exposes his flesh on his hand which is extremely close to the hidden gun.

EmperorxZurg
08-22-2009, 10:33 PM
true the black powder was highly volatile and would burn his skin, maybe Da Vinci angled the gun just so precariously that the powder would overshoot the arm and hand. But I'm guessing when the fantasy part of the game would take over