PDA

View Full Version : Inappropriate language message when attempting to upload my track

ZZZZZZach
02-26-2020, 07:58 PM
Hey, I've been trying to upload my track for the past 4 hours and haven't been able to because of the inappropriate language error message. I've been playing since release and had this happen twice before, but fixed it both times by restarting the game. Doesn't want to work this time. I'm on PC.

https://imgur.com/a/z2vOezT

I've tried:

- Resetting the game
- Resetting my internet on the track upload screen
- Saving the track as something new
- Disabling read only on the usertrack folders where my tracks are located
- Changing various words in the description

20+ attempts later I'd rather come here. I've heard of this happening plenty of times before, hoping I can upload my track before long after spending 200+ hours on it.

ZZZZZZach
02-26-2020, 10:21 PM
I fixed it - for anyone who has this problem in the future, make a new track, copy the .trk file (alone, not metadata.mda or thumbnail.thn) and replace the new one with it. This fixed the problem for me.

MadMotoMan
02-27-2020, 03:37 PM
Interesting... and odd.

Ubi-Viral
02-27-2020, 05:46 PM
Hey! Thanks for reaching out about this. This issue has been forwarded up to the development team for further review.

However, I am glad to hear that you found a workaround.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

MadMotoMan
02-28-2020, 04:47 PM
I Uploaded a track yesterday and got the Inappropriate Language error again. Tried that mentioned trick but it did not work for me.
Restarted the game, rebooted, deleted cache items... The 18th try I did nothing different, restarting the game (which I also did all the other times) and this time it worked. But like I said, I did nothing different this time. I would love to help you guys find and pin down this problem but it seems so random for me I'm out of ideas to try.
I really thought it would be fixed with this latest patch. :(

Ubi-Karl
02-28-2020, 05:42 PM
I Uploaded a track yesterday and got the Inappropriate Language error again. Tried that mentioned trick but it did not work for me.
Restarted the game, rebooted, deleted cache items... The 18th try I did nothing different, restarting the game (which I also did all the other times) and this time it worked. But like I said, I did nothing different this time. I would love to help you guys find and pin down this problem but it seems so random for me I'm out of ideas to try.
I really thought it would be fixed with this latest patch. :(

Thanks for sharing that and we will make sure this get's passed along! :)

MadMotoMan
02-29-2020, 05:05 PM
Eighteen attempts might not sound like much but when you consider this includes quitting the game and restarting, rebooting the pc (not every time though) connecting, disconnecting from the internet, taking a new track screenshot, running another validation run and reentering track tags - this was about a three and a half hour frustrating pain in the rear. Now, just to keep from being totally negative I'll add that I still do consider this my favorite current game. :)

UbiDork
03-05-2020, 01:30 AM
MadMotoMan!: Are you able to try launching your game from the Installed section of your Uplay PC Launcher and try uploading the track that way?

MadMotoMan
03-06-2020, 04:57 PM
I alternated launching methods everytime I restarted the game while trying to share.
I have uploaded a total of 6 tracks (fist one by accident as a test) and one of them shared ok on the first try but the others all took hours each and multiple attempts.

UbiDork
03-06-2020, 11:44 PM
MadMotoMan: Thanks for letting me know. I'll share that with our team as they look into this issue. I truly appreciate your help with this matter, MadMotoMan! :)

MadMotoMan
03-22-2020, 05:23 PM
I hope they find the problem and fix this soon. I spent 6 hours yesterday trying to share a track again and was never able to upload it. I might try again today but at this point saying this is frustrating is like saying covid-19 is inconvenient. If I had written this last night I would not have been as nice.
I wrote a lot more about this here, but decided it best to delete what I'd written... My fingers are crossed that a solution will be found soon. I'll say again, I really do like the game, although at this point I'm not excited tol buy another. "MadMotoMan" was meant to be a wild and fun nickname, not literal. :)

MadMotoMan
03-23-2020, 04:45 PM
Just spent another full day off and on trying again and again to share the track but still no luck. Usually after 10, 20, maybe 30 tries it will finally go through, but not this time. For all I know the last update may have broken this feature completely.
So, trying hard to remain positive and constructive I was wondering, would it be possible to disable the "Inappropriate Language Detected" error & message (Temporarily) until the cause and solution can be found and simply let people report inappropriate content to be removed by moderators. I know it's not the ideal way to do it, and I don't know what percentage of players even run into this bug, but I've got to think there are a lot of people out there who have simply given up completely at this point.

MadMotoMan
03-24-2020, 06:13 PM
Could it have anything to do with bandwidth? Internet is in heavy use right now with this virus keeping people at home.
Not sure why that would be the case but just trying to think of anything I haven't considered yet to help you guys out.
This is day 4 now and at least 100 attempts that I've tried to share this one with no luck. Longest its ever taken. Another note is that the times in the past that it did accept my tracks, I changed nothing from the previous attempts.
I would say it's random but computers do nothing randomly.

MadMotoMan
03-25-2020, 07:22 PM
Update:
I tried uploading again this morning and it took it this time but then I realized it was my backup version that was accepted without the N1L8E contest tag. So now there is a version in TC that I didn't really want on there (might be nice if there was a way to remove a tack uploaded within a certain amount of time like 30 minutes or something)
Tried the one I wanted to share and it would not take it again. Changed the name of the track but not the file name and this time it took it.
I have obviously been very frustrated by this bug, but I still really want to be helpfull so I thought I'd share what was different and maybe it will help eliminate this issue...
When I changed the name I only added spaces between the words. It was called "N1L8E-HappyHuntingGround" (all one word and the max allowed characters for the file name). I changed the name but not the file name to "N1L8E Happy Hunting Ground" and this was accepted.
So, maybe the game tries to recognized more than one word combined with no spaces as just one word and when it cannot find the word in a list flags it inappropriate and generates the blocking error.
This theory has one flaw though. I've shared other tracks that were all one word such as "BadToTheBone" and it took them just fine. Also I've tried many different ways to name this latest track, with and without spaces, and it would not take it. So, there may be more than one bug at work here but the "AllOneWord" theory might be worth looking into.
Hope this provide a little new insight & as alway let me know if there is anything else I can do to help out.

MadMotoMan
03-25-2020, 07:25 PM
Oh, by the way the one I did not want on TC was just called "Happy Hunting Ground" but I think it's just stuck there now correct?

Ubi-Raziel
04-28-2020, 12:24 AM
Hey MadMotoMan,

I'm sorry this support thread has not had a lot of replies, I wanted to try to get you up to date on this issue.

This is an issue that has been reported to us in the past, however the behaviour has always been very inconsistent and while the name may at one time show as inappropriate, it may work again when you next try.

Our team are still investigating this. In the meantime I can suggest we disable this feature in the meantime, however I'm unable to guarantee this will be the outcome as it may be protecting us against a lot of inappropriate names.

All the best!

MadMotoMan
04-28-2020, 04:46 PM
I understand. Thanks for the reply.

UBI-Froggard
04-30-2020, 10:07 PM
No problem, thanks for being involved in the discussion and investigating it yourself anyway