PDA

View Full Version : Alas, the Multiplayer Issues are limitless!

Alpha_1614
02-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Sort of. For some reason I'm unable to connect to any game over Pacific Fighters, getting a time out message all the time. Port 2100 is open, and my firewall is disabled.

I know what I'm doing most of the time, but this one has me stumped.

slarsson
02-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Correct port is 21000

Alpha_1614
02-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Whoops, that was a typo. Sorry. 21000 is open.

Nothing I try works, and I'm really getting pissed off here.

dbillo
02-22-2007, 10:13 AM
You'll have to give us some more info about what server you are trying to connect to, and how you went about trying to do it.

Are you trying to connect to a server on ubi.com?
Hyperlobby?
A friend?

Do you have a router, and if so, have you forwarded port 21000? (might not be necessary unless you are hosting)
Is your antivirus set up to allow the game to connect over the Internet?

Alpha_1614
02-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Hyperlobby. I've done everything already, firewall and antivirus is off so I don't have to worry about setting permissions.

dbillo
02-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Well, if you are sure there is nothing like firewall, or antivirus, and you don't use a router, or if you do, you have forwarded port 21000 correctly, then it's hard to suggest what else could be the problem.

Since you are using Hyperlobby, which automates the connection to some extent, I can't suggest that you typed the IP address incorrectly, or anything like that, since HL looks after that part for you.

One outside possibility, is that your machine has two IP addresses (maybe have two network cards or modem). Run il2setup and go to the Network tab. See if there is an IP address pulldown there with "Default" and a couple of IP addresses on it. If there is, then select your Internet IP address, click OK, and then try connecting to server again.

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Also, you need to make sure you're not attempting to join under the name "default", or "mad" as in some cases the servers are running a script program that prevents you joining under one of those 'common' names.

TB

Alpha_1614
02-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Son of a *****.

My name is something completely different, so no worries about that.

I tried selecting one of the two IPs listed (One was my router IP and the other was a 5.101 kind of IP, which was in no way related to my own PC.) and STILL can't get anything.

I'm starting to lose hope that I can freaking play online.

[EDIT] I think my only choice is to enable DMZ on my router. What do you guys think?

dbillo
02-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Did you try both of the IP addresses listed there?

What about port forwarding? Have you done that on your router? Go to www.portforward.com (http://www.portforward.com) and look up make and model of router for explicit instructions, if you haven't already.

Alpha_1614
02-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Yes, I did.

There are no instructions for port forwarding for Pacific Fighters. At least not for my model.

[EDIT] Enabling DMZ did the trick.

dbillo
02-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure I'd want to be using DMZ for very long without antivirus or firewall. You are completely unprotected during that time.

There are no entries on the portforward.com site for Pacific Fighters, because it is the same as IL2. You should find IL2 listed for your router.

The fact that DMZ works tells you that the router is the culprit.

Alpha_1614
02-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Well, I'm also running my firewall, so it still works. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And dangit, you keep running me around in circles, that's exactly whateveryone has told me to do, forward port 21000. >.<

Tully__
02-23-2007, 08:37 PM
You should only need to forward ports if you're hosting. Connecting to another host's server doesn't require forwarding.

You mention a software firewall, make sure that is set to let your game to connect out. Even though there's a rule there, if you've updated the game it may have detected a change in the file and be blocking it... try minimising the game after launch or running the game in windowed mode to see if there are any firewall notifications displayed when you try to connect online.

Bearcat99
02-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Are you running a McCaffe FW? Also if you do have a FW other than windows.. make sure that the Win FW is off. I was going nuts one night... I had turned my main FW off and I thought the Win FW was already off since there is no need for two.. but lo and behold.. the bugger had turned itself back on. I keep my FW up... with no probs.

Go here (http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1#3) and make sure you have HL set up properly and it is directed properly.

ElAurens
02-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Please accept my apology if I am wrong, but are you running PF stand alone and not the merged FB/AEP/PF or 1946 version of the game?

If you are running just the stand alone Pacific Fighters there are very few servers to connect to, and you cannot connect to a server running the merged game.