PDA

View Full Version : Weapons disabled after death/respawn

ZordanSturmfels
02-22-2020, 09:24 AM
I have a peculiar issue where, after being killed and respawning, some of my weapons have become unavailable. The game tells me that I need to RE-LINK them, or to be more specific "re attach or re download this weapon to play with it digitally". I have the steam version, so I am uncertain how I would re-download the weapons. I've quit and restarted the game, verified my steam cache.

System is Windows 10 1903, Processor: i7-6700k @ 4GHz, 16GB Ram, NvidiaGeeforce GTX 1070

UbiDork
02-23-2020, 02:58 AM
ZordanSturmfels: Thanks for posting here! Just to check, do you have all of your weapons digitally or do you have some as physical toys?

ZordanSturmfels
02-23-2020, 08:23 AM
Hi Ubidork, thanks heaps for getting back to me on a weekend. I have the Digital Deluxe Edition, so all my weapons are digital only. The weapons that are currently locked in my save game are Hailstorm, Nullifier and Meteor Mk II. I had used them previously before I got shot down by some Outlaws in Space. I can still see the weapon level progress bars, so I'm certain I had them, but now they have a little icon and a text telling me to RE LINK them.

Ubi-Viral
02-27-2020, 05:41 PM
Hi Ubidork, thanks heaps for getting back to me on a weekend. I have the Digital Deluxe Edition, so all my weapons are digital only. The weapons that are currently locked in my save game are Hailstorm, Nullifier and Meteor Mk II. I had used them previously before I got shot down by some Outlaws in Space. I can still see the weapon level progress bars, so I'm certain I had them, but now they have a little icon and a text telling me to RE LINK them.

Thank you for confirming this. Could you please try verifying your game files: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Please let us know how you get on?

ZordanSturmfels
02-28-2020, 09:24 AM
Hi Ubi-viral,

thanks for the reply. So I have verified the files 2 times, the first time was directly after the issue occurred (which did not fix it, the weapons remained locked after loading the save game) and now a second time, but this time the issue got fixed (so the weapons are back). I honestly did not do anything different, so I am still at a loss how the weapons disappeared and how I got them back now.
Anyway, thank you for your help, perhaps this bug could be addressed since I saw on reddit that I am not the only one who experienced this issue.

Ubi-Karl
02-28-2020, 05:30 PM
Hi Ubi-viral,

thanks for the reply. So I have verified the files 2 times, the first time was directly after the issue occurred (which did not fix it, the weapons remained locked after loading the save game) and now a second time, but this time the issue got fixed (so the weapons are back). I honestly did not do anything different, so I am still at a loss how the weapons disappeared and how I got them back now.
Anyway, thank you for your help, perhaps this bug could be addressed since I saw on reddit that I am not the only one who experienced this issue.

Thanks for the update and we're glad to hear it's resolved for you!

In regards to the issue being experienced by a number of players - we will make sure this get's passed along to our game team accordingly :).