PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Multiplayer scoring issue

AurisTFG
02-20-2020, 05:30 PM
Currently I'm in the silver division. I played a match against a diamond division player, won all of the 3 rounds and only got 25 points, the next match I played against a silver division player, won all of the 3 rounds and got 50 points!
What kind of matchmaking scoring system is this? It doesn't make any sense to get less points when winning against a better player, please fix.

Ubi-Raziel
02-21-2020, 01:07 AM
Currently I'm in the silver division. I played a match against a diamond division player, won all of the 3 rounds and only got 25 points, the next match I played against a silver division player, won all of the 3 rounds and got 50 points!
What kind of matchmaking scoring system is this? It doesn't make any sense to get less points when winning against a better player, please fix.

Hey! I don't have an explanation as to why that might be, as that is an unexpected result.

This may take a little time to find an in-depth answer for you, but leave this with me and I'll do my best!

Ubi-Raziel
02-21-2020, 02:17 PM
Hey, I have a bit more information for you today.

The points earned hold multiple factors, including the amount of racers you're racing with and position you finished with.

If your race against the silver player had more racers, that would explain it.

AurisTFG
02-21-2020, 06:52 PM
Hey, I have a bit more information for you today.

The points earned hold multiple factors, including the amount of racers you're racing with and position you finished with.

If your race against the silver player had more racers, that would explain it.

Both matches were identical. There was only 2 players, me and only 1 opponent. I also won all of the 3 rounds in both matches.

Today I played against a single silver division opponent, while being in gold division myself and got 47 points (i only wont 2 rounds out of 3) which still doesn't sound correct to me. I played against a guy who is worse than me and got way more points compared to yesterday when i won against a guy 3 divisions above me and only got 25 points.

I also played a lot of matches today with lobbies of 5 people and that seemed to work fine, I got 50 points each time I won the match. However, after a few matches, I started getting 55 points, which is 5 more than before, for no apparent reason. I thought 50 was the maximum you could get, so in conclusion I think the scoring system is really broken in some way.

Maybe the reason why it broke is because the requirements for each division changed mid-season, so I guess I'll test out a bunch of things in season 5 when it comes out in a few days and see if it's still the same and will update this thread. :)

Ubi-Raziel
02-22-2020, 11:12 PM
Both matches were identical. There was only 2 players, me and only 1 opponent. I also won all of the 3 rounds in both matches.

Today I played against a single silver division opponent, while being in gold division myself and got 47 points (i only wont 2 rounds out of 3) which still doesn't sound correct to me. I played against a guy who is worse than me and got way more points compared to yesterday when i won against a guy 3 divisions above me and only got 25 points.

I also played a lot of matches today with lobbies of 5 people and that seemed to work fine, I got 50 points each time I won the match. However, after a few matches, I started getting 55 points, which is 5 more than before, for no apparent reason. I thought 50 was the maximum you could get, so in conclusion I think the scoring system is really broken in some way.

Maybe the reason why it broke is because the requirements for each division changed mid-season, so I guess I'll test out a bunch of things in season 5 when it comes out in a few days and see if it's still the same and will update this thread. :)

Thank you very much for coming back to me with such detail!

This does leave me curious! If you do experience another race which does not seem to give the correct ranked points, would you be OK to save a recording of the match?

I would then be able to present the video to the team and discuss it with them :)

AurisTFG
02-24-2020, 07:29 PM
Thank you very much for coming back to me with such detail!

This does leave me curious! If you do experience another race which does not seem to give the correct ranked points, would you be OK to save a recording of the match?

I would then be able to present the video to the team and discuss it with them :)

I'll try to record some videos next season :)

UbiDork
02-28-2020, 12:32 AM
AurisTFG: Thanks for that update! :) Here whenever you're ready!