PDA

View Full Version : Running and Gunning vs. Low speed shooting

BiGbOy922007
07-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Leave your opinions, which do you prefer? running and gunning or slow walking/taking cover and fireing?

hav77
07-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Running and gunning. I use to be a squatwalker, but found that it's better to keep moving as much and as fast as you can rather than being slow and stationary. People tend to camp and hide, and that's the biggest mistake you can make on most occasions. Yes, there are times where it's necessary to hold down a choke point or position, but in general if you're on your own, better to be swift and mobile.

LordYod
07-11-2007, 11:45 PM
It's really more about getting from one cover point to another rather than killing people on the move. When you're moving in any open area, it's almost always better to run IMO because you spend less time exposed.

Anyone who gets a good look at you deserves the kill, basically, so it's key to avoid letting them get that look. You should really only be firing on the move if you get caught, as it's better to stop and take people out with controlled bursts.

Standing has an additional benefit - people who can't aim tend to shoot for the middle of your character. When you're crouched, half the time this will be your head, when you're standing up it'll almost always be chest shots. This is more effective with heavier armor IMO, and in t-hunts it can be relied upon.

T-R-I-C-K-Y
07-11-2007, 11:58 PM
The accuracy bonus of crouching is too much for me to pass up, especially since I use a SMG. But I only do it while shooting. Crouching at the very start of a fire-fight can make your enemy miss high. Otherwise, I try to stay upright.

Also, since I don't use explosives, I usually deal with campers by flanking or reversing, so I like having the speed.

BiGbOy922007
07-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by T-R-I-C-K-Y:
The accuracy bonus of crouching is too much for me to pass up, especially since I use a SMG. But I only do it while shooting. Crouching at the very start of a fire-fight can make your enemy miss high. Otherwise, I try to stay upright.

Also, since I don't use explosives, I usually deal with campers by flanking or reversing, so I like having the speed.

jesus christ!! i mean running and gunning will you hit ppl vs. moving a little SLOWER. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT CAMPING OR SQUATWALKING!!!! jeez

hav77
07-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm a bit confused now. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but if low speed shooting is not shooting while in the crouch (aka squatwalking) position, then what is it? I'm just curious.

EDIT: Yes, being in a prone position will greatly increase your accuracy, no doubt, but it's not impossible to get the same amount of kills either running and gunning.

The basic premise of this comparison is difficult though because it's almost like comparing apples and oranges. If you have your sights on a target from a distance, then of course it would make sense to stop and be in a prone position and not move in order to get a good shot off. If you're in a close 1 on 1 battle situation, then being in the prone position might not be the smartest thing to do, and it'd be better to run 'n gun.

BiGbOy922007
07-12-2007, 06:13 PM
ummmm, prone is lying down dude, squat is crouched, and standing is...well....standing

hav77
07-12-2007, 07:07 PM
sorry for the wrong verbiage, but I'm still curious what you mean by low speed shooting.

BiGbOy922007
07-13-2007, 01:23 AM
taking time or slow walking not crouching, to a point where u can see ur reticle and shoot

ItalianStalion5
07-13-2007, 01:38 PM
thats what i do