PDA

View Full Version : omigod how I ned help with MSFF2.!

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 12:23 AM
I couln't get Tech support to come up so perhaps I can get help here. I had bought a FF Saitek which was a bust and, having heard over and over how good the MSFF was, I searched everywhere and located what was probably the last copy in Colorado Springs. Great joy!. Big bust followed!. (I had the upgrade disc for V.4). Basically, it will not work in IL2FB The plane won't take off with the stick back, simply noses over and crashes. Sometimes the game just totally shuts down before I get to that point. In the MS FS 2004 it works erratically. Since every ones raves about it, please, please suggest what I can doto fix this. What a bummer. Bob Roberts

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 12:23 AM
I couln't get Tech support to come up so perhaps I can get help here. I had bought a FF Saitek which was a bust and, having heard over and over how good the MSFF was, I searched everywhere and located what was probably the last copy in Colorado Springs. Great joy!. Big bust followed!. (I had the upgrade disc for V.4). Basically, it will not work in IL2FB The plane won't take off with the stick back, simply noses over and crashes. Sometimes the game just totally shuts down before I get to that point. In the MS FS 2004 it works erratically. Since every ones raves about it, please, please suggest what I can doto fix this. What a bummer. Bob Roberts

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 12:31 AM
Aint got one myself, but im sure i remember reading somewhere that if you are running Windows XP, you dont need to install the MSFF2 software. Just uninstall it and calibrate in 'Control Panel'. Dunno if it will work but its gotta be worth a try.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/aeroart/images/hunhunter-texas_sig2a1.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 12:35 AM
I've got a MSFT FF2 been using it 2 years works great...

Now we've got that out of the way. LOL

A few things you might try:

Go into control panel and remove the software, unplug the stick and reboot the computer.

When the computer is up stick the Sidewinder CD in the drive and re-install (do not plug in the stick). Go through the install process and plug in the stick only when it prompts you to.

If your computer motherboard has the VIA chipset you need to go to the Microsoft sidewinder site, which you can access from the installer CD. Look for the VIA chipset fix, download it and install it.

The above things are pretty simple to do...even though it may seem a little tedious.

----------------------------------

After you've done the above then re-post if you have issues. THe reason I say this is because most problems with the FF2 are installation issues.

------------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 12:59 AM
Thanks nearmiss. I'll try. But I have a fairly new Dell 2.5 rig so surely I don't have a VIA chipset!