PDA

View Full Version : about UBI

peyton18allday
02-17-2010, 06:27 PM
u know, i was just thinking. i'm absolutely loving how conviction is looking, deff. getting it on release day, no doubt. BUT.... i'm wondering if it would'e been out already, especially polished fantastically like CT was, if CT's devs were doing it. i mean, think of that. if we had what we know about conviction today, and had today's conviction, with CT's dev team behind it!!!! it wouldn't even be fair how awesome the game would be, u know????

J Saint777
02-17-2010, 07:03 PM
If CT's dev team was working on Conviction we'd have the atrocious Assassin's Creed knockoff that was the '07 build.

However, if that idea had been scrapped and the CT team was allowed to work on a more "authentic" Splinter Cell experience with Conviction, rather than bringing Beland and co. on board, I think we'd be seeing a much better stealth action game.

I think Conviction looks great, but not Chaos Theory phenomenal. Ferland and co. knew how to push the Xbox hardware, while creating a stunningly animated and incredibly smooth gaming experience. Conviction is pretty, but in no way groundbreaking like past SC's. Simply put, the CT team is more talented than the current Conviction team in Montreal. The results speak for themselves.

If the CT team had been allowed to work on the new Conviction, I think we'd be getting the sequel to Chaos Theory every vet on these boards wants.

I want it too, but I'm not going to bash every detail of Conviction simply because it is not the perfect CT sequel.

peyton18allday
02-17-2010, 07:59 PM
i don't want a CT sequel. i want the current build of conviction. i'm just saying, what if...... we had this build that Beland and co. gave us here, with CT's team helping out. it would be awesome.

amittaglani
02-17-2010, 08:30 PM
naahhh
maxime beland and co
are really cool people , if they wernt onboard
this game wouldve been a flop ....actually not a flop cause every splinter cell game were amazing but ....we wouldve had the 07 build whuch was the idea of the guy who always uses the word " fast paced" and it woudve been really crap .....but this is my opinion
anyways yh
cause of maxime b ....splinter cell will probs be game of the year ...and be recognized by every gamer

peyton18allday
02-17-2010, 08:34 PM
yeah, i guess i had no argument to begin with. thread topic fail. LOL. oh well.

sameer_monier
02-18-2010, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by amittaglani:
naahhh
maxime beland and co
are really cool people , if they wernt onboard
this game wouldve been a flop ....actually not a flop cause every splinter cell game were amazing but ....we wouldve had the 07 build whuch was the idea of the guy who always uses the word " fast paced" and it woudve been really crap .....but this is my opinion
anyways yh
cause of maxime b ....splinter cell will probs be game of the year ...and be recognized by every gamer

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif