PDA

View Full Version : Not getting my problems answered

Kage_No_Roy
12-11-2011, 04:55 AM
I have asked the ubi support center for help with the multiplayer punkbuster kick problem that was dealt here a few times before, and I never got an answer.
I have sent my question about a week ago and only got the auto-response, which was of no help at all.
please, ubisoft, what can I do in order to get your attention?
Ileagally download the game and play on hacked servers?
When I pay alot of my hard-work money for a game, I want the technical support to acctually be supportive and not just for show!

Rencor2k
12-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Yeah.. the "big boys" don't care once they got your money. always been like that.. so ****ing sad.

Kage_No_Roy
12-11-2011, 05:09 AM
I'm acctually considerind making a long distance all to complain and demand a refund...
so sad, AC is my favorite game...

Rencor2k
12-11-2011, 06:00 AM
yeah... had some issues with brotherhood, and still have but i don't play it anymore.. got no help whatsoever.. it made me quit. but now that revelation is out and im downloading it through steam right now.. i really enjoy the series but the support is **** poor navel picking junkies... it really ****ed me off many times.. the worst thing is that they KNOW people will return and buy their products.. so why should they care.. they got our money anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

spectatorx
12-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Once i get a respond from them after over 5 weeks.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Try this, I answered the same question in another thread;

If you run some type of personal firewall or security software, make sure that you configure it to fully allow PnkBstrA.exe. These kicks are most often caused by PnkBstrA.exe service failing to properly install PnkBstrB.exe service during gameplay.

Also, several Windows 7 users have reported that the following steps corrected the issue for them: 1) login as an Administrator user, 2) open Windows Explorer and browse to c:\windows\system32 (or wherever the windows folder is on your machine) - note: if you run Windows 7 64 bit, you need to browse to c:\windows\syswow64 instead, 3) scroll down and find PnkBstrA.exe, 4) right-click PnkBstrA.exe and choose Properties, 5) click the Compatiblity tab, 6) click the button at the bottom of the window that reads "Change settings for all users", 7) click the checkbox for "Run this program as an administrator", 8) click the "Ok" buttons to accept the changes and get back out.

iNvid22
12-11-2011, 11:03 AM
both email and phone support consists of low level drones with scripts in front of them pointing out obvious troubleshooting options and most of the time, giving you automated replies.

e.g i had an issue with my driver san francisco cd key and had to wait about a month for "ubi support" to escalate the case to people who could actually do something about it.

its literally one of the worst support sections i've seen. Valve and Steam have competent people who actually have the power to help you, and EA support is very hit and miss but at least it offers instant support.

Anduril79
12-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Right now I'm only using the Windows Firewall, and both PunkBstrA.exe and PunkBstrB.exe are included in the exceptions list as well as the game itself. So, what is the next step for a WinXP machine?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Anduril79:
Right now I'm only using the Windows Firewall, how do I configure that to accept PunkBustrA.exe on WinXP? I already have the game itself on the exceptions list.

Here you go http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842242

Anduril79
12-11-2011, 12:47 PM
I went back and edited my post but you already replied to the original one. I found that I already had A and B in my exceptions list along with the game itself. I've already done the PB update as well. Is there any other options left to try? I'm having the issues with ACB's MP section btw.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Have you tried running as Administrator?

Also have you got any anti-virus running, especially Norton or McAfee?

Anduril79
12-11-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm running Microsoft Security Essentials, and I haven't tried running it in Admin mode. I don't even remember my password for Admin mode coz it's been so long since I used it.

Kage_No_Roy
12-12-2011, 04:22 AM
thank you for your answer,
but i couldn't find pnkbstrA anywhere on my PC.
what can I do?

Mr_Shade
12-12-2011, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Kage_No_Roy:
thank you for your answer,
but i couldn't find pnkbstrA anywhere on my PC.
what can I do? Hi,

Sounds like it may have messed up the install.

You can try re-installing the game, making sure you have backed up any important saves or try installing Punkbuster directly from the punkbuster website.

I personally would install Punkbuster first and see if that helps.

http://www.evenbalance.com/ind...page=support-acr.php (http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-acr.php)

If you still have problems - please contact either even balance [who make punkbuster - they are the best to talk to about kick issues] or Ubisoft support

Support can be contacted by the links in my signature, if you have problems with the installing or further issues.

Please allow them 48 hours to reply - the first contact from them, will be an automated reply - make sure you answer this if it does not solve the issue.

Kage_No_Roy
12-12-2011, 10:03 AM
I have already tried reinstalling the game and installing Punk Buster from even balance.
I'll try contact them, because it has been a week since I got my last reply from ubisoft and they did not reply my other questions.
Thanks ahead, I'll contact you if it does not work

Anduril79
12-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Kage_No_Roy:
I have already tried reinstalling the game and installing Punk Buster from even balance.
I'll try contact them, because it has been a week since I got my last reply from ubisoft and they did not reply my other questions.
Thanks ahead, I'll contact you if it does not work I've installed PB as well and still get the PunkBstrA.exe kick.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Have you allowed it through your firewall and antivirus?

Anduril79
12-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Ubi-Mush:
Have you allowed it through your firewall and antivirus? It's on the exceptions list on my firewall, I don't know how to add it to my anti virus program, I can't find the exception list for programs.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
If you visit the antivirus support page it will tell you how to do this.

Anduril79
12-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Ubi-Mush:
If you visit the antivirus support page it will tell you how to do this. lol This is Microsoft we're talking about, none of their programs have decent online support.

I can't find anything on their Microsoft Security Essentials site that tells how to let programs through their anti virus program.

If anyone else uses Microsoft Security Essentials for their anti virus and knows how to get around the program, chime in.