PDA

View Full Version : Request for Youtube video/series of videos

EQWashu
01-04-2011, 06:10 PM
I'd like to request someone make a video (or several) on how to deal with runners a/o roofers during a Wanted match. I'm sick of coming in 5th, 6th or 7th because I get stuck with the one target that runs atop roofs or just doesn't stop running until someone else gets em. This means no matter if I wait on them to come near or go after them, I get got but good! It drives me mad and stresses me out to the point of tears...

I try the tactics on the videos, like using poison and smoke bomb or in a group, but unfortunately the roofers a/o runners makes this a losing strategy.

Any help is welcome, thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-EQ

gothpunkboy89
01-04-2011, 06:12 PM
i'd try for you but all i got is a web cam to record with. and getting a runner is kinda random. so setting it up to record would be a bit hard to do.

QuantumSheep1
01-04-2011, 06:13 PM
I am going to look at the replies as well. I want to see what people do when people are free running on the roof. Sometimes I just chase them on the roof, and the amount of points isn't even worth it. I am not roof running shouldn't be aloud, but I am with you, I want to see how people deal with them.

Squiddish
01-04-2011, 06:14 PM
I shall take up this task.

As soon as I get into another game with a bunch of roofers.

EQWashu
01-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Snipemaster666:
I shall take up this task.

As soon as I get into another game with a bunch of roofers.

Blizzard and Snipemaster you are Gods among assassins - GODS I SAY! lol you should go into my matches, I never have any problem getting roofers a/o runners :P

teeniebop
01-04-2011, 08:15 PM
I know the feeling only too well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif , I usually just kill a random NPC to save me chasing the Runner a/o Roofer hoping my next contract is a serious player, well at least not an idiot anyway, if the match is filled with Runners a/o Roofers, I don't even try and just quit the round, after 2 failed (and humiliating) attempts at a match filled with Runners and Roofers, I learned my lesson and I don't even go there now, just a complete waste of time for me as I am mostly a stalker (in game only that is lol) or baiter (stand in a crowd with blend perk and decoy waiting for my Contract and/or Pursuer), so running is strictly a no no for me, I even rarely run (unless I have no choice) when a chase is activated by my pursuer, hoping my decoy will take care of that problem lol, anyway ..... long story short, I too would love some pointers on dealing with the Runners a/o Roofers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, and even better if its by Video http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

EQWashu
01-05-2011, 11:09 AM
I know its sad, I used to love wanted. yeah its frustrating to be killed while only steps from your target, but it was still fun. Now its just an exercise in keeping my bi-polar and stress levels in check :P Manhunt isn't entirely better with their free-for-all attitudes, but I usually get in the top 3 by staying calm and wind up racking up high kill (moderate bonuses) and low (to sometimes no) deaths.

Quitetingly
01-05-2011, 11:24 AM
ok, Ill see if I can post something in the next day or two (band practice). Though I do believe Raine I think it is has something on one of her videos. Until either I or someone else gets to it though, Ill share my secret. Get in the open. It is in the power of any one player to dictate the game in thier favor. Once your in a good spot with little to no roof (every map has at least one spot like this) anyone that wants to get you has to come to you, anyone after them has to get to them, eventually, your target will get there too. Also Use throwing knives. Gun works but with a throwing knife they just need to be at an edge and you can pull them down for an ingognito. This game is stratagy, more than stealth its a game of wits. Be patient and you can get massive points. Who ever you happen to be hunting.

Rainie
01-05-2011, 11:34 AM
I know I have some vids with lots of runners but I don't know about roofers. I could probably put clips together to make a vid on roofers but it's hard to get vids of a full match with them until you get placed into a match with a bunch of them

WIDOMKR383
01-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Would anyone be interested in joining up (PS3 wise) getting 8 or more people together and just have private matches where we trade off roofing,running and hunting for training purposes??? Just a thought it would help people out I know it would me.

luth411
01-05-2011, 01:30 PM
I asked on the tech forum about video recording game play. I'm not very savvy in that department. All I have in the way of technology is a coolpix digital camera. I'm not sure if I can just hook that up?

I've been wanting to make videos for a lot of these complaints for a while but I don't know anythign about this stuff. I'd love nothing more than to give you videos of me taking down roof monkies.

tastemyfreedom
01-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
I know I have some vids with lots of runners but I don't know about roofers. I could probably put clips together to make a vid on roofers but it's hard to get vids of a full match with them until you get placed into a match with a bunch of them

Rainie: The funnies video I've seen of the game has to be your video where 5 people get killed right in front of you from roof hoppers while you're just standing there. Lmao.

DaVe_RoCk_
01-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Hail Rainie the Queen! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif(lol, again, cant help it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif)

Rainie
01-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by tastemyfreedom:
Rainie: The funnies video I've seen of the game has to be your video where 5 people get killed right in front of you from roof hoppers while you're just standing there. Lmao.

Haha yea, would have been more epic if my target was at the end of that chain http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Lol Angeal

EQWashu
01-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by WIDOMKR383:
Would anyone be interested in joining up (PS3 wise) getting 8 or more people together and just have private matches where we trade off roofing,running and hunting for training purposes??? Just a thought it would help people out I know it would me.

sure, I'd be happy to play a jerk for the sake of practice lol

ITVendettaTI
01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by EQWashu:
I'd like to request someone make a video (or several) on how to deal with runners a/o roofers during a Wanted match. I'm sick of coming in 5th, 6th or 7th because I get stuck with the one target that runs atop roofs or just doesn't stop running until someone else gets em. This means no matter if I wait on them to come near or go after them, I get got but good! It drives me mad and stresses me out to the point of tears...

I try the tactics on the videos, like using poison and smoke bomb or in a group, but unfortunately the roofers a/o runners makes this a losing strategy.

Any help is welcome, thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-EQ this has probably already been answered but simply do not go after roof runners, stay in a group and work for stuns, eventually your target will come down. but in other words play defensively. my tactic is to get a poison kill, then use my mute/smoke bomb and just lure pursuers. remember, its hard to lose when other people can't kill you.

Jack-Reacher
01-05-2011, 08:35 PM
I always practice cool tactics for my videos in manhunt, the defence like to bundle up in groups and rarely run around as they get more points, and they have destination

Squiddish
01-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Well, this match was utterly full of roofers. This should assist you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iskiDkRV10

DaVe_RoCk_
01-06-2011, 02:12 PM
nice vid =)

tastemyfreedom
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM
I like the commentary. Good video.

Pillsy74
01-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Very good video. One thing I need to do is play more defense; I just got rapid reload mute, too.

On defense, what else do you have in your profile besides the mute and the smoke bomb?

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Played a hilarious manhunt game a few hours ago where we had slaughtered our opponents really badly several matches running.

Instead of co-ordinating to play well, they did the next best thing, and tried to deny us points by placing themselves near lifts or on rooftops and starting to run as soon as someone suspicious came remotely near them.

Including NPC clones of us walking too close.

We still managed almost triple their score though - most of our kills were incognito/diversion, with a good number of co-op bonuses thrown in.

Then we pounded the remains of their plan on defense. Without resorting to stunlocking, I might add. 2 stuns in a row on a single target was the max I saw in several rounds against the same people before they got fed up with us.

And Snipemaster, very fun vid.

Squiddish
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by pillsy2010:
Very good video. One thing I need to do is play more defense; I just got rapid reload mute, too.

On defense, what else do you have in your profile besides the mute and the smoke bomb?
RR Smoke Bomb
LL Mute (because I somehow don't have RR yet)

Blender
Overall Cooldowns

3 Silent Kill Streak
Reset Cooldowns

I use those perks and streaks for literally every profile except my Manhunt Offense one, which trades Blender for Resistance.

EQWashu
01-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Well, this match was utterly full of roofers. This should assist you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iskiDkRV10

lol ******... yeah that was helpful, makes sense and renewed my faith in playing a little more on the defense side of Wanted...and mute! Keep up the great vids!

Pillsy74
01-06-2011, 04:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pillsy2010:

RR Smoke Bomb
LL Mute (because I somehow don't have RR yet)

Blender
Overall Cooldowns

3 Silent Kill Streak
Reset Cooldowns

I use those perks and streaks for literally every profile except my Manhunt Offense one, which trades Blender for Resistance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RR Mute isn't easy to get if you're not using x2. It's for 30 perfect (1200+ point) kills. I definitely had under 10 before I started using x2. Now, it seems like I get one every other game.

Jack-Reacher
01-06-2011, 04:13 PM
I get 1200 from manhunt thanks to the easy 5 kill streak bonus. Basically make sure your 5th kill is incognito and you get 1250+

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I rarely get 5 kills in a game, even on Manhunt.

So I stick to the 300 point 3 silent streak.

And have still got a few 1200 point kills.

Hidden + incog + slow poison + streak = 1200. Any co-op bonuses increase it further.

Squiddish
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
...is RR Mute not for ending 100 chases with a stun?

ITVendettaTI
01-06-2011, 09:24 PM
yes

Just Krispy
01-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Squiddish make more videos with commentary! I laughed out loud when I watched this! Also the info you gave was great! I watched it 3 times and went on to have one of the best nights of play ever!

EQWashu
01-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by PMSKrispy:
Squiddish make more videos with commentary! I laughed out loud when I watched this! Also the info you gave was great! I watched it 3 times and went on to have one of the best nights of play ever!

Yes I agree you have a great way of explaining why you're doing something over something else, it'd help more people. plus, you have a great voice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif when playing pre-add-on Scott Pilgrim I watched a video that sounded like it was VO'd by a chain smoker lol

Squiddish
01-07-2011, 03:15 PM
I have no idea what Scott Pilgrim had to do with that post, but I came back to say that movie is awesome.

jaxall
01-07-2011, 03:50 PM
throwing knives work best for climbers I mostly come in first cause of the trowing knives http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Squiddish
01-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by jaxall:
throwing knives work best for climbers I mostly come in first cause of the trowing knives http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Yeah but I'd rather not have to trade out one of my abilities just to fight roofers.

EQWashu
01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
I have no idea what Scott Pilgrim had to do with that post, but I came back to say that movie is awesome.

It was referring to a tutorial video I watched for the game and how bad this one guy's voice was who was narrating it. I can't find the vid otherwise I'd post it :P And yes, the move was AWESOME! Thankfully they kept it close to the graphic novels lol

Snipemaster - Yes I agree about the Knives, especially since when I find roofers, they're already on the roof, not climbing up. Not to mention if they use the lifts successfully when you knife em, you'll still lose them, and that's from the experience of being knifed while using the lifts (I regained full motion 5 seconds before they could get up there to finish me off - and this occured *twice* in one round of manhunt!)