PDA

View Full Version : Motion Control / Zoom problem

Staboobahbobaly
01-18-2020, 03:51 PM
CASE NUMBER 10417367

I got Starlink for Nintendo Switch for Christmas and I have had trouble with motion controls when zooming in using the controller mount. The motion control works for just a second until the game recognizes the Starlink controller mount and then the blue engine light comes on the physical toy Arwing controller mount and motion control sticks / freezes and continues to roll or spin in the same direction it last recognized that I press on my controller.

UBI-Froggard
01-19-2020, 04:12 PM
Hey,

I see your ticket has already had the issue reported. I'm afraid we don't have any updates to this at this time.

Staboobahbobaly
01-19-2020, 07:32 PM
Okay, thank you for keeping me informed. I vaguely remember having to "Update the Mount" upon first boot after downloading the game update. Can I "Update the Mount" again? I have gone through all the troubleshooting techniques (uninstalled the game and save file, updated Joy-Con controllers) but I never saw the "Update Mount" besides first time use.

Ubi-Orion
01-20-2020, 06:01 PM
Hey there.

I don't think there's any way to trigger that option beyond there being a recent update to the game or upon updating the hardware on first use to the latest version. As far as I'm aware even if you were to perform a fresh installation as your hardware is up to date to the latest version no update would be performed in this instance.

Staboobahbobaly
01-21-2020, 12:07 AM
Today I picked up another copy of the game at the store so I can eventually play co-op with a friend. I updated the new mount using the "Update Mount" interface screen. I played the game with the new mount and got the same results as the other mount, the zoom / motion controls are still not working on either.

UbiDork
02-01-2020, 02:36 AM
Staboobahbobaly: Thanks for that update! Have you already tried these steps here (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-AU/faqs/000027477/Basic-Nintendo-Switch-Troubleshooting/)? I did see that you went through a few steps with your Ubisoft Support ticket #10417367.

Staboobahbobaly
02-01-2020, 04:57 AM
I have tried all the steps on that link except for trying to test another Nintendo Switch.

UbiDork
02-02-2020, 02:44 AM
Staboobahbobaly: Okay, thanks for trying! Do you have access to another Nintendo Switch? Also, would you like me to reopen your ticket and add that you have tried those steps? We can continue to provide you support over your support ticket that way!

Staboobahbobaly
02-02-2020, 05:27 AM
I don't have access to another Nintendo Switch. Yes you can reopen my support ticket.

UbiDork
02-03-2020, 12:26 AM
I don't have access to another Nintendo Switch. Yes you can reopen my support ticket.

Sure thing! I have now reopened your support ticket #10417367 and added that you completed the Nintendo Switch Troubleshooting steps and that you are needing further assistance to get this issue resolved! :) Go ahead and login at support.ubi.com to speak with support!

Staboobahbobaly
03-10-2020, 04:47 PM
I have bought another set of Joy-Cons and played in co-op with a friend. Both controller mounts do not support motion controls. I have also tried to use another Starlink game cartridge that came with the extra Starter Mount and motion controls do not work with a different game cartridge.

Ubi-Viral
03-11-2020, 06:16 PM
I have bought another set of Joy-Cons and played in co-op with a friend. Both controller mounts do not support motion controls. I have also tried to use another Starlink game cartridge that came with the extra Starter Mount and motion controls do not work with a different game cartridge.

Thanks for confirming those steps that you have tried, I see you have added these to your support ticket also. We will get back to you there as soon as possible.