PDA

View Full Version : This section of the forum is a crying shame

smilecry
01-18-2020, 09:36 AM
As stated E1 is the only one with great content as well as that Twitter guy’s fan art.

smilecry
01-18-2020, 09:42 AM
My fault almost forgot about the other writer (Steven527 (https://forums.ubisoft.com/member.php/1483288-Steven527)) where I make his stories and images into my own little personal comics.

Ghost_Fury_88
01-20-2020, 01:01 PM
I assume not much of content gets posted here because the most people who actually have some content are twitch streamers or youtubers.. A lot of people like virtual photographers post their images on twitter because there are more people who will see it. Sadly there are not so many fanfiction writers and those good writers we havehere are so kind and share their great work with us.

Maybe if more time goes by , more people will share their content. I would love to see also some more fanart. :)

er1cksson
01-20-2020, 05:10 PM
I think that the toxicity of the general forum has also dirven poeple away. I know of both creators and DC members who want nothing to do with this forum because theyre nervous as to how they'll be received.

Steven527
01-21-2020, 02:47 AM
I think that the toxicity of the general forum has also dirven poeple away. I know of both creators and DC members who want nothing to do with this forum because theyre nervous as to how they'll be received.

pshaw! tell em to go for it. Who gives a s**t if someone else likes it or not? No one is making them look.

Ghost_Fury_88
01-21-2020, 08:42 AM
As a content creator you always have people out there who don't like your stuff. Mostly of course the big part of people who see your work like and enjoy it. But as said there are always those individuals out there who don't like it. If I get some negative comments which are in addition also rude, I just ignore them. If people give constructive criticism I am willing to receive such feedback. You sadly can't avoid people who might not like your work. It's just something you have to go with when you are a content creator.
So far the Ghost Recon community liked my work :)

er1cksson
01-22-2020, 10:01 AM
pshaw! tell em to go for it. Who gives a s**t if someone else likes it or not? No one is making them look.

More along the lines of all the hate being thrown at Delta. 'shills', 'corporate lackeys', 'liars', 'propaganda mouthpieces' etc etc. It's really not a nice place :(

Ghost_Fury_88
01-22-2020, 01:04 PM
Along the posts in the general discussion section I saw a few of such comments which were not that nice. I still want to be a part of DC no matter what people say. I know some of the DC personally and they are none of the above mentioned 'comments'. They are actually very nice and helpful. But I get what you mean. You can't feel 'comfortable' or even accepted at a place where people throw only hate and such comments in your direction. You want to spread some ...let me say some positivity but it's just not possible with all the hate going on.

I do get the frustration of the people regarding specific things related to the game BUT that's not the fault of the DC nor a reason to insult DC members.

smilecry
01-23-2020, 12:42 AM
It’s funny how you two sheep’s are trying to blame the community about this fail attempt at gearing towards content creators and stop it with the woe is me delta bull s*** ok if anything should feel sorry to be a lonely place where you are case and point the only one whom consistently post here is mostly delta member not hating or being angry but I will not let some fools on here do what is being done here in this thread accept the failure of how this was done and yes if you were a tester for this IP end result is BP it’s your fault deal with it live with it but as far as creative content side is all IBISOFT’s fault;

Now it is very clear to see how you ...hats like to high jack a thread and try to turn it around stop it this doesn’t work on real thinking individuals only kids do that.

er1cksson
01-23-2020, 10:11 AM
And there are the insults. Sheep and asshats. Nice.

gascan75
01-24-2020, 09:42 PM
In defense of the op- he is extremely passionate about being able to create content and he is exceptionally skilled at it.

I hope to be able to tap into that potential with him- to capture the strengths of breakpoint while minimizing the layers of garbage that prevents it from meeting its potential.

But right now of the 200+ hours I have logged between 2 accounts trying to filter out the trash so that I can actually capture something worthy of a true ghost recon brand I think 150 hours of it is wasted on account of nonsense- whether it’s the rendering, choppers just flying directly overhead every 5 minutes, the utterly nonsense azreal animation that is quite possibly the laziest implementation of an airborne opponent I’ve seen since the original Microsoft flight simulator- the preponderance of the same ******g patrol of the same dudes every 100 meters... my god man- I get angry just thinking about the dozens and dozens of hours I’ve put into just trying to peel away layers.

Don’t get me started about the hours I’ve probably spent selling or dismantling ****.

Smilecry is a big boy and he doesn’t need me to come in and fight his battles- but while I can generally drown my frustrations with this title in alcohol, I think he is fueled by a different poison: a true desire to see Breakpoint be what it promised to be.

I don’t agree with his approach- you guys are just trying to make lemonade- but I do agree with his apoplectic level of frustration.

And the latest “update” notes are not comforting in the least.

Steven527
01-26-2020, 06:15 PM
I don't entirely disagree, but I don't quite understand the point of trashing this area as opposed to trashing the game production. It sucks that you guys are having so many issues trying to produce something because the game performs like s**t. Doing just still shots has a distinct advantage as I can hide all the nonsense going on in the background and the idiots screaming when I ventilate their head. You don't see all the civvies I shoot during regular gameplay because they just freakin annoy me. Don't blame the state of the game on the content section.

gascan75
01-26-2020, 06:38 PM
Don't blame the state of the game on the content section.

Okay, that's a fair point... and I'm not sure that was what I intended but yes- this was supposed to be a positive area and I agree I've crossed over that line.

My penance will be to limit my civilian kills in my next few games to only 14 per session... a severe penalty but one I suppose I deserve.

smilecry
02-01-2020, 08:18 PM
Actually I can put blame on this section because there is an example of a not finished game still being worked on by devs and creative content was done and even brought new players to the game for it's life cycle that was not intended to be long at all and that's BF4 as that game was not finish at release just BF3 and the crew I am affiliated with RECFILMING who does absolute great work as I have helped with their projects and witnessed it for myself how their content is a driving force for that game, and yes I blame this on the devs and game issues as well as some others and to be very clear had any real effort was put into this section for more like minded people like gascan75 and myself trust and believe this game could have survived as it was done on one other game already and the lack of any effort put into this section shows big time with only can't even say a hand full of people... actually let'es just put the number out there for this sections content about 4-5 individuals who can be seen on all two pages of this section now you tell me how sad is that when I know more people who were hyped for this game and the content that can come from it;

My passion is that creating content when I have something to work with even if there are others to work with and I will go all out for what should have and not what it could be meaning creating content can change perspective RECFILMING did and so can others with the right support EA love how they and others like HATTIWATTI brought it back to life when all looked lost so attacting this section is right to me because it is and was a missed opportunity all the way.