PDA

View Full Version : looking to join the mighty WTE

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 09:08 AM
just got my mitts on FB loaded up on my girls rig and felt like i was having a seizure. seems my video card was weenier than a wet eskimos johnson. geforce 4 mx 440 64mb being installed tomorrow (how will this stack up? i have pentium 4 with xp and a broadband connection? no joystick, will that render me usless?), then i'm into some hardcore training before hookin up with the WTE lads. and how do i do that?? let the info roll my good brothers. i'm a freakin novice but i've got fast-twitch reflexes that would make an ADD kid jealous. did i mention stamina? good, let's not go there... but i'm keen to be a recruit, learn the ropes from the WTE.
please give me even the most basic info about training, tips, and most of all: how to hook up online for some all-in. thanks.

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 09:08 AM
just got my mitts on FB loaded up on my girls rig and felt like i was having a seizure. seems my video card was weenier than a wet eskimos johnson. geforce 4 mx 440 64mb being installed tomorrow (how will this stack up? i have pentium 4 with xp and a broadband connection? no joystick, will that render me usless?), then i'm into some hardcore training before hookin up with the WTE lads. and how do i do that?? let the info roll my good brothers. i'm a freakin novice but i've got fast-twitch reflexes that would make an ADD kid jealous. did i mention stamina? good, let's not go there... but i'm keen to be a recruit, learn the ropes from the WTE.
please give me even the most basic info about training, tips, and most of all: how to hook up online for some all-in. thanks.

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 10:12 PM
S! Cazanski,

Like your attitude Ace! Here are some pointers for you.

Visit the site on wte-anga.com and have a look around. WTE operates several gaming groups but the IL2 section is quite obvious.

You will not have access to a fair chunk of the site until you have joined, but there is plenty there to give you a good impression.

Do not worry about your standard we are organised for top to bottom training at any level and are just about to start a formal Central Flying School to take training load of the Squadrons.

We have two Fighter Sqns, a Strike Sqn and a heavy bomber Sqn. You will be able to join which of these suits your temperment.

Joining is straight forward and intuitive. Just follow the obvious links and instructions.

Yes you will need a joystick! IL2 FB has too many dimensions and is too sophisticated to try and get by without one. Get a good one or you will outgrow it! You need one with at least two triggers and six back up buttons. Microsoft have a reasonable one for about $60. If you are going to fighters then a view hat will help you greatly - not so important on bombers.

You do not have to worry too much about training yourself up - we have single player basic training notes (series of 10) which will bring you up to speed while you start getting to know the guys. You WILL NOT be thrown in at the deep end!

If you want any further info or wish to talk privately then bang on my cage at bvlac_tosg@hypermax.net.au.

I look forward to having you with us.

Anyone else out there want to jump on the bus while it is stopping?

Flt Lt CAVOK
2IC 12 Sqn
2nd TALON WING AUSTRALIA!!!!!

Association Recruiting Officer

Message Edited on 07/16/0309:48PM by CAVOK

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 06:43 AM
thanks for the tips. went out today and bought ms sidewinder precision 2, after reading reviews on what works best with xp and fb. wish me luck

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 03:22 AM
S! Cazanski,

OK - I wish you luck! Personally I am into making my own luck!

Go at your own pace and start getting a grip of the programme. There is a lot in it which will give you food for thought

But do not wait too long before you join up because there is a lot of help waiting for you - plus some good mateship!

Go easy m8

Aye

Flt Lt CAVOK
2IC 12 Sqn
WTE 2nd Talon Wing AUSTRALIA!!!

Association Recruiting Officer