PDA

View Full Version : More problems to report

Gizmostar
03-18-2005, 05:57 PM
* Appears to be a texturing/shading bug with SH3. After some time playing I am noticing that the sea texturing degrades considerably, what was initialy a nice smooth appearence to the sea changes to reveal the triangular shading.

The textures remain but the shading reveals the vertices and triangles that are being used to represent the sea - looks terrible and blurry.

The obvious work-around is to save the game and exit the patrol and reload - back to the nice smooth sea.

Another user has reported somthing similar on these forums but was insulted with somthing to the effect of "its your video card". Well I would just like to confirm this bug does exist!

* I have also discovered another bug which again was worked around using the above fix. After some gameplay the ability to change the speed of the torpedo was lost. Clicking on the speed knob in the TDC screen did nothing! As mentioned, this was fixed after reloading the patrol.

Gizmostar
03-18-2005, 05:57 PM
* Appears to be a texturing/shading bug with SH3. After some time playing I am noticing that the sea texturing degrades considerably, what was initialy a nice smooth appearence to the sea changes to reveal the triangular shading.

The textures remain but the shading reveals the vertices and triangles that are being used to represent the sea - looks terrible and blurry.

The obvious work-around is to save the game and exit the patrol and reload - back to the nice smooth sea.

Another user has reported somthing similar on these forums but was insulted with somthing to the effect of "its your video card". Well I would just like to confirm this bug does exist!

* I have also discovered another bug which again was worked around using the above fix. After some gameplay the ability to change the speed of the torpedo was lost. Clicking on the speed knob in the TDC screen did nothing! As mentioned, this was fixed after reloading the patrol.

JavDog
03-18-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm not jumping to conclusions....but this game will heat up your card pretty fast, and a hot GFX card WILL reveal artifacts.

Like I said, just a thought. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif