PDA

View Full Version : Saitek PZ35 Rudder Pedals opinions?

Achilles97
06-08-2007, 11:51 AM
I did a search but could not find enough information...

Have the Saitek PZ35 Rudder Pedals been out long enough for people to give a good review of them?

I'm looking to buy some pedals. I've never used rudder pedals before. Although I lack experience with pedals, I imagine that centering and sensitivity would be primary concerns.

Any comments?

Thank you.

Superluminal_8
06-08-2007, 12:12 PM
I got those and it´s my first pedals ever and now I like them.They got a "get used to" curve,I actually almost consider to sell them but one day CLICK! all just fell togheter,like I always have flown with rudder.

I got no problem with centering,it got a nice center feeling for that and you can adjust the stiffnes to what you like.

Maybe not like TIR "cannotflywithoutit" but coming in pretty close.I got a better aim when groundpounding.

HitchHikerHSDWG
06-08-2007, 01:06 PM
The Saitek pedals are great, I've had my set for close to a year now with great results. I love the width the adjustable tension and the adjustable feet are great too (size 13 feet!). I think I would make this purchase again. CH makes a great rudder pedal too but because of how narrow they are they just dont do the trick "for me".

I think you'll be happy with this purchase, the only obvious choices are saitek or CH since the next set simpeds are way out there in price.

josephs1959
06-08-2007, 02:10 PM
I had the "CH Pro pedals" before the "Saiteks". The "Saiteks" have a more precise response to them. They're both plastic but the "Saiteks" have a more solid fell to them. And this might seem trival to some but the "Saiteks" come with stickers that hold it in place. The Ch Pros always slipped under stressful dogfights. I've used the Ch Pros for over two years and the Saiteks since they came out. I still don't want to go back to the CH Pros but I'll keep them for a back up just in case. I guess the other comparative factors such as customer service and price you'll have weigh for yourself.

BrotherVoodoo
06-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Here is my mini review from awhile back. I still love them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/106...061050335#1061050335 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/1061050335?r=1061050335#1061050335)

ouston
06-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I bought a set of Saitek rudder pedals some months ago and almost immediately had a problem with them locking at full right rudder. I returned them and have finally got a new set. I don't really have a problem with that except it took an awful long time. I have not been flying that much recently but the contrast between rudder control from the stick and using the pedals is quite pronounced, especially having had the pedals and then reverting to the stick. Landings (my big problem) seem to be much easier with pedals, just a dab of left or right rudder gets me lined up correctly. With the new pedals I seem to have got the hang of it at last. I would recommend any serious flight simmer to get a set of pedals. I cannot compare the Saitek ones against the CH set but very likely either would do.

Pip pip
Ouston

SithSpeeder
06-09-2007, 11:19 AM
I've had CH pedals for like 5 years now and just went to Saitek pedals about a month ago (a squadmate sold them to me).

Both work great, are more immersive, facilitate ground maneuvering (brakes can be applied NOT as a toggle, but gradually), etc. etc.

Honestly, after all these years, I don't really have a preference between the two (CH or Saitek). The Saitek look cooler (you can't see them under my desk), have a wider setpoint for the feet, and come with better programming software, but that feature I don't use for IL2:1946.

Price being close to equal, I'd probably go with the Saitek, though. I've always like Saitek customer support.

YMMV.

* _54th_Speeder *

Achilles97
06-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Thanks for your input :-)