PDA

View Full Version : ever whish this game was just a bit harder?

thatcasualguy
02-18-2011, 12:01 AM
ACB is by far the best in the series
but it still has one critical flaw in my opinion
crazy fall damage

why is it that you can survive a running 45 foot jump/drop onto hard stone and not skip a beat? or better yet falling 120 ft off the side of a church but grabbing a rail at the last second with zero health loss

anything over 12 feet up is a very painful fall for a person,
i just find that it can really break the immersion, and for a game like assassins creed it's really a shame

all i suggest is that the player suffers the same fall damage as the A.I. perhaps a tiny bit less cause hes the "hero" or whatever, sure it might make it more difficult but imagine how satisfying/exciting the game would be when you escape successfully knowing you could have easily killed your self in the process with a misplaced leap or step.

BioPulse.ps3
02-18-2011, 01:08 AM
totally agree, 100%, now more than ever knowing that jumping into the sea you can easily escape form a fight. it's just too easy.

LordWolv
02-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Welcome to the forums.

I see what you're saying, but I have to disagree. A 12 foot fall wouldn't be painfull if you knew how to land, and Ezio roles if he's any higher up.

Realisticly however much you think it will be better, it won't.

Ru1986
02-18-2011, 01:43 AM
I think he/she has a point welcome to the forum by the way. However would find it difficult to encorperate this into one of the games because while serious players would recognise it as a realistic feature "the masses", i think would get tired very quickly.

J_Juonio
02-18-2011, 03:24 AM
I think the fall damage in SP is enough, but I'm more bothered by the non existing fall damage in MP.

woowu
02-18-2011, 03:52 AM
I wish the SP game would be overall harder.. I don't feel the need to flee from guards, the fall damage is a bit low, and the stealth is almost gone from the game... so YES.

SolidSage
02-18-2011, 04:27 AM
It needs an option for increased difficulty for sure.
A reduction in fall height and health and an increase in guard AI difficulty would be an excellent additional feature.
I personally would like a way to play through the game without weapons, just beating people up has become a lot of fun since the MP introduced the Stun, I would love to see that move added, along with some other variations on non-lethal put downs, throwing rocks at guards to knock them out, flying kicks and wall flips....never mind, just make a kung fu/matrix game with this engine.

Razrback16
02-18-2011, 04:40 AM
Only thing I really wish was that there were more missions where you had to fight like 50 guys instead of ~4 at a time. The most fun mission for me was the one where you rescue Caterina and you stay and fight as she's getting away once you cross the bridge and you have to fight like ~30 guys at once by yourself. I love that and wish there was more of it.

iN3krO
02-18-2011, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Razrback16:
Only thing I really wish was that there were more missions where you had to fight like 50 guys instead of ~4 at a time. The most fun mission for me was the one where you rescue Caterina and you stay and fight as she's getting away once you cross the bridge and you have to fight like ~30 guys at once by yourself. I love that and wish there was more of it.

it's not at once... it's 8, when u kill 1, another one goes near you....

FAIL BATTLE!

(at ac2 and ac:B, when a brute comes to kill you, you just pull out your hidden blade and start a fight of 5 sec.... on ac1 when u see a templar coming to kill you, you just run away or use your sword for a 2~3 minute battle... that's why i'm against fight system of ac2/acb) and note that while with sword, at ac1 the others soldiers could break ur deffence and than attack you and that they used to grab you, all these good realistic things were removed and made the game ****ing easy...

I'm always saying the game is easy and no1 got the same thoughts..

Razrback16
02-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razrback16:

FAIL BATTLE!

(at ac2 and ac:B, when a brute comes to kill you, you just pull out your hidden blade and start a fight of 5 sec.... on ac1 when u see a templar coming to kill you, you just run away or use your sword for a 2~3 minute battle... that's why i'm against fight system of ac2/acb) and note that while with sword, at ac1 the others soldiers could break ur deffence and than attack you and that they used to grab you, all these good realistic things were removed and made the game ****ing easy...

I'm always saying the game is easy and no1 got the same thoughts.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well in all respect to being realistic, more than 5-8 guys can't really surround you at once, but I enjoyed that mission because of how quickly they came into the area and attacked.

As far as the execution system, while it's easy to get the streak going, you have to pay attention to what weapon you're using and how you respond when certain types of enemies attack you. If you're carrying a regular sword or knife and a spear carrier tries to stab you while you're kill-streaking, you better dodge because you're not going to counter him and you're going to get whacked. I enjoy the system a lot. Just wish there were more instances in the game where you got to fight large numbers of enemies at once because half of the fun to the AC2 & Brotherhood games for me is knowing you're this bad a$$ guy walking around that can take out an entire group of enemies without getting touched.

k20ml
02-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Please post your....nah.

Anyway, yeah I agree with you, although Isaac is right that knowing the proper landing could save you from 45 foot jumps. But I still think that it needs to be like AC 1 for that matter. A 2 story building would cause you to lose synchronization with Altair. But in AC2 and B you won't even feel it. So I agree with you on that matter.

iN3krO
02-18-2011, 08:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razrback16:

FAIL BATTLE!

I'm always saying the game is easy and no1 got the same thoughts.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well in all respect to being realistic, more than 5-8 guys can't really surround you at once, but I enjoyed that mission because of how quickly they came into the area and attacked.

As far as the execution system, while it's easy to get the streak going, you have to pay attention to what weapon you're using and how you respond when certain types of enemies attack you. If you're carrying a regular sword or knife and a spear carrier tries to stab you while you're kill-streaking, you better dodge because you're not going to counter him and you're going to get whacked. I enjoy the system a lot. Just wish there were more instances in the game where you got to fight large numbers of enemies at once because half of the fun to the AC2 & Brotherhood games for me is knowing you're this bad a$$ guy walking around that can take out an entire group of enemies without getting touched. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You see? at ac2 you are always that bad guy that can take everyone down even without any weapon... at ac1 you had to use ur mind to don't die and to take the hardest enimies out....

ThaWhistle
02-18-2011, 09:31 AM

Cool spoilers, bro.

vorenus73
02-18-2011, 12:59 PM
If I wanted it to be real I would get in shape, fly to Rome, climb a building and see if I could jump across the street.

Azerus44
02-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Well you got your point there but most of the time you just do it in a hurry to save yourself climbing down which saves you alot of time. Also they can't make massive changes now because people got used to current system and I heavily doubt Ubisoft will put Real Life like damage on Falls. Also as an Assassin Ezio knows to how jump and land so that he doesn't brake his back, although some mistakes caused by his age would be pretty fun.

In conclusion I am behind keeping the current setting or increasing the fall damage by a small number.

thatcasualguy
02-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
Welcome to the forums.

I see what you're saying, but I have to disagree. A 12 foot fall wouldn't be painfull if you knew how to land, and Ezio roles if he's any higher up.

even if you know how to land it's still a heavy drop a human body is not designed for that sort of physical abuse without consequence and with 30 odd pounds of weapons,armour and equipment it just feels kinda silly

i should point out it not the 12ft drops that bother me that much, i just think anything over 12 ft you should lose a lot more health than you currently do
also
it ridiculous to throw a few guards off a building have them die instantly yet you can be smacked off the same roof top with a sword blow fall 28ft down flat on you back and still be alive? and ready to kick a$$

Oatkeeper
02-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by woowu:
I wish the SP game would be overall harder.. I don't feel the need to flee from guards, the fall damage is a bit low, and the stealth is almost gone from the game... so YES.

This.

CowPan
02-20-2011, 09:50 AM
If you want that go play Prince of Persia Warrior Within.

LordWolv
02-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by thatcasualguy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:
Welcome to the forums.

even if you know how to land it's still a heavy drop a human body is not designed for that sort of physical abuse without consequence and with 30 odd pounds of weapons,armour and equipment it just feels kinda silly

i should point out it not the 12ft drops that bother me that much, i just think anything over 12 ft you should lose a lot more health than you currently do
also
it ridiculous to throw a few guards off a building have them die instantly yet you can be smacked off the same roof top with a sword blow fall 28ft down flat on you back and still be alive? and ready to kick a$$ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, I didn't explain that properly. I think it's right that he should be injured (4 squares at the very most) but instant death would really get on your nerves.

iN3krO
02-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Why u only care about fall damage? Combat System is mcuh more important....

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Black_Widow9
02-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please post this here-
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>