PDA

View Full Version : Streaming on Mixer

CrockfordCK
01-09-2020, 04:44 AM
I'm streaming on Mixer right now, because why not?
Mixer.com/The_Crockford
No selfie camera, no voice over, just gameplay.
Mock me all you'd like. ;) I'm just bored. :cool:

CrockfordCK
01-09-2020, 05:52 PM
Last night was a HUGE success! Streamed for just under two hours while waiting for my lady to get home. Had 1 viewer pop in for a whooping half second, and a friend of mine start watching while he was folding laundry. :Cool:

But in all seriousness, I'm not the type of guy who enjoys watching streamers, but when playing on Xbox, it's literally a two button press to start streaming. Zero set up required, so why not?

How about the rest of you?
Do you like watching game streams? And what do you look for in a stream?
Or, do you stream, yourself? Plug your stream URL. Maybe I'll get the opportunity to check you out.

CrockfordCK
01-10-2020, 03:26 AM
Streaming again right now.

Just wandering, checking off boxes.

Edit: Stream was having issues, apparently.

gascan75
01-10-2020, 04:02 AM
Too bad youíre not a pc guy- Iíd join ya.

CrockfordCK
01-11-2020, 01:19 AM
Too bad you’re not a pc guy- I’d join ya.

I've said it before. If you front the cash for the PC, I'll pick up the tab for another copy Breakpoint. :cool:

CrockfordCK
01-24-2020, 02:06 AM
I'll be streaming again tonight, same stuff as before. Just knocking off the last few check boxes.
Mixer.com/The_Crockford

Feel free to pop in and make fun of my marksmanship. :)

Starting at 18:15 PST.

er1cksson
01-24-2020, 10:13 AM
I need to try this streaming malarkey. I'll have to see how to get it set up :)

CrockfordCK
01-24-2020, 08:08 PM
It's not something I've really done. Or even really looked into, but like I said "when playing on Xbox, it's literally a two button press to start streaming. Zero set up required, so why not?"

gascan75
01-24-2020, 09:47 PM
Sending you money for a pc is looking more and more appetizing every day.

CrockfordCK
01-24-2020, 10:07 PM
Sending you money for a pc is looking more and more appetizing every day.

Have you caught any of my streaming? I've had a few "phantom" spectators pop in and out. It always makes me curious if they came from here, or just stumbled across it.

gascan75
01-24-2020, 10:20 PM
Not yet no but I appreciate your contributions to this community- trying to make it work as opposed to endlessly complaining about all the things. I wish there were more out there like you.

I do need to make a bit of time and catch you when youíre on. Iím sorry Iím full of excuses.

Not to make this about me but most of my free gaming breakpoint time now is spent trying to make a new narrative video that respects the Tom Clancy brand- though I do have a tickle to make a short raid video too. It is very complex and I donít know if itíll land- so much potential but so much interference.

Unfortunately no matter how much effort we put in Iím afraid getting any attention to the work involved wonít ever quite balance out with the time we put in. But we keep on keepin on.

CrockfordCK
02-08-2020, 05:25 AM
I'll be back at it again tonight. I'll be starting in about 15 minutes. Once I get the kids to bed. :cool:
Just going to be killing time. Extreme, no HUD.
https://mixer.com/The_Crockford

TheNonLethal
02-09-2020, 12:39 PM
Crock you got your first mixer follower 😀. I might stop by if I'm not too busy at that moment.

CrockfordCK
02-09-2020, 06:23 PM
Nice! Wait... Does this mean I'll have to actually put effort into this?

*second thoughts*

CrockfordCK
02-11-2020, 04:27 AM
Streaming right now. Just doing faction missions. "Immersive"

TheNonLethal
02-11-2020, 08:23 AM
or i'm not sleeping ...@crockford, i noticed the update in the morning coffee.

gascan75
02-11-2020, 12:47 PM
Streaming right now. Just doing faction missions. "Immersive"

Thatís what aggros me a little bit about this planet we live on. Pretty much the minute you start playing Iím going to bed.

Stupid planet. Wish we could write an angry letter to its dev team- Iíd give them a piece of my mind and wouldnít even be polite about it.

CrockfordCK
02-11-2020, 04:34 PM
Ha, I'll try to plan ahead and give you guys a specific time frame well in advance. :p

CrockfordCK
02-14-2020, 01:34 AM
Good news, I figured out how to finally save my streams, I think. I'll test it out tonight.

Edit: Got it! Recorded a 40 minute stream. Attachment bug at 35 seconds, stupidity at 10 minutes, attachment bug at 12 minutes, blind drones at 15 minutes, sloppy base infiltration at 22 minutes, successful truck jacking at 30 minutes, truck bugs out at 35 minutes(Tree/brush stuck in the cab.), Sammy talking to his buddy after having his throat slit at 36. :cool:

All in all, a typical session.

https://mixer.com/The_Crockford?vod=d-4Z84th-0uDTxPbQtFxqQ

CrockfordCK
02-14-2020, 08:29 PM
Looks like there is a lot of lost quality with the stream recording. Not sure how to fix that. But I'll work on it!

UbiT00n
02-20-2020, 12:10 PM
Hey CorckfordCK,

Nice to see your streaming on Mixer,
Don't worry about only having 1 or 2 people watching to start with, this is normal with streaming :)
The more you keep at it, the more viewers you will recieve.
I wish you luck with it and I will keep en eye out for another of your streams.

CrockfordCK
02-20-2020, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the encouragement UbiOton(See what I did there?)

I know this is a hard concept for Ubi to understand, but I stream because I enjoy it and I want to share the things I enjoy, not because of "numbers", so I've no concern for the amount of people that view or follow.
But again, thank you, and I hope you(or anyone) gets some enjoyment out of watching.

CrockfordCK
02-22-2020, 06:26 PM
Streaming Faction Support missions right now. No HUD, Extreme Difficulty.
Mixer.com/the_crockford

CrockfordCK
03-25-2020, 12:27 AM
I'll be starting a stream at 1800 PST.
The plan: Check out the new immersive options, and hit up the Deep State content on my current maxed character.
Same deal as always, no narration/voice over/commentary. Just a showcase of the new options and gameplay.

Drop by and hopefully be entertained. (https://mixer.com/The_Crockford?vod=CFIbJls2002iZgCtZ1d0XQ)

(There have been some quality issues with my past streams. Hopefully I've been able to resolve those.)

CrockfordCK
03-25-2020, 02:36 AM
Sorry any/all. Had to cut it short. As they say in Paris, "Good enough, sell it anyway."

CrockfordCK
03-27-2020, 10:00 PM
SPOILER WARNING!

Streamed the final Deep State mission last night. Even got a new follower... *shrug*
https://mixer.com/The_Crockford?vod=mzzJ1ejTN064QacakEPInA

CrockfordCK
04-28-2020, 12:45 AM
I'll be trying my stream again tonight for Virtual-Chris' community challenge. https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2220984-Community-Challenge-How-long-can-you-stay-alive
(Hopefully my bandwidth will allow)

Starting at 1800 PST.
https://mixer.com/the_crockford