PDA

View Full Version : Vulching: I need your opinion

stitchjones1971
02-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Everyone,

I'm pretty new to the IL2 game and I had a question about vulching:

Scenario 1: My airfield is under attack and I take off and engage two enemies. I shoot one down and then the other enemy gets on my tail. I try to shake him then figure my only way to escape is to make some abrupt manuevers and try to land. I throw the gear down and extend flaps on final and the guy blows me away. The server rules say no shooting at aircraft landing and taking off.

Technically, I was landing but I don't consider this vulching because I was engaged and was trying to escape.

1) What do the old pros out there think? Is this vulching?

Scenario Two: I come off the high perch and make a diving attack on an enemy. I miss the enemy and continue on toward another enemy. One of my teammates injures the enemy then breaks away. I take a couple wild shots at him from 400 meters and miss, but he sees me and starts jinking. We are a good five miles from his airfield. I continue to take random shots at him, and cannot close the distance. He continues toward his airfield in an attempt to land his damaged bird. About one mile out, he throws gear and flaps, and also turns on landing lights. I start to close to "Galland ramming distance" and he is easy prey.

2) Can I shoot him down since I had him engaged the whole time or is this considered vulching?

Pirschjaeger
02-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Scenario 1 is the same as 2, engagement happened first. It's not vulching.

Vulching is when you attack someone who just spawned and hasn't taken off yet. Once you are airbourne, you are fair game, even if you managed to escape a fight and are landing.

Xiolablu3
02-05-2007, 08:21 PM
These things all depend on what server you are flying.

Although it may seem daft to some to have rules about vulching - on servers with padlock enabled, its far far too easy for someone to sit above the airfield hitting F6 until someone spawns and then shooting him up. These types of rules are sometimes needed.

I think both circumstances here, its OK to shoot. If you are trying to escape a fight by landing, then its fair if someone tries to continue to shoot. After all, you canno simply think 'I am losing hte fight therefore I will alnd and h has to stop shooting!' that is simply stupid.

Any intelligent server admin would have to agree with us.

This thread reminds of someone who I damaged once, and he put his lights on. I stopped shooting as usually int his situation, lights means 'I am bailing'.

I waited 10 secs and nothing happened, he went to try and land! I shot him out of hte sky, and he sarted moaning that he had his lights on and was damaged! This seemed ludicrous to me, you cannot simply say 'I am damaged and dont want to fight anymore, I'll put my lights on and he must stop firing!'

Just use your common sense and a sense of honour on these types of situations and you will be fine.

If they are good admins, they will alway judge on the side of reason, and also if you normally fly sensibly and with honour, then they will notice this and automatically have a good opinion of you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I will never attack someone who I have just come across who has just taken off, its just lame. But I will not let someone escape me by trying to land either.

You sound like you have a good grasp of common sense and I think you should trust what you think at the time. There are many grey areas, but as long as you have half a brain you can work out what would be the honourable thing to do in the situation. (Think Samurai/Knights etc! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

Pirschjaeger
02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Ha ha ha, that's new to me. Honestly, I didn't know about the "lights on" rule. However, I have seen it and thought they were calling for help. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

By the powers invested in me, by me, for me, lights on now means "last words". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Phas3e
02-05-2007, 08:49 PM
To me if im landing at an airfeild in the middle of a fight im fair game.
But if someone hangs around or follows a plane simply to get him while he has his gear down that to me counts as vulching.

I dont care about what happened irl, this is a video game and having some manners and letting someone land safely is a good sign of a respectfull player.

Tater-SW-
02-05-2007, 08:59 PM
People also turn the lights on to try and call friends to clear them. I had a P-40 do that to me in ZvW, and I shot him up (I'd already hit his engine, and given him chance to bail, but he dove to a valley and turned the lights on).

Best way to land unfettered is to land someplace where enemy planes AREN'T.

tater

Viper2005_
02-05-2007, 09:42 PM
IMO:

1) Rules about vulching are stupid. The vulching pass is nothing other than the perfect bounce. Banning vulching is therefore a step on the slippery slope towards making B&Z illegal. As illustrated by the above examples, it's almost impossible to draw a sensible line in the sand differentiating between vulching and normal combat.

Yes, vulching is annoying. But that's the whole point. Good tactics are infuriating because they deny their victim any opportunity to fight back. If you don't like it, LEARN TO FLY. Then you too can experience the joy of the perfect bounce.

2) Padlock is stupid - it makes it so easy to maintain SA that you might as well fly in WW view with all those pretty arrows. The fact that it makes vulching "easy" isn't actually important - those experienced in the art of vulching can spot an enemy aircraft spawning from over 10 km away, especially against concrete bases, and don't need to hammer F6 to do so. Afterall, airfields aren't exactly big targets to watch. You just look at the pretty apron, and when an ugly black dot appears you dive in and either deliver bombs or gunfire as appropriate. That's easy. It's a bit like throwing rocks at a hornet's nest. The difficult bit is hitting the nest without getting stung, and that's an art.

AKA_TAGERT
02-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by stitchjones1971:
Everyone,

I'm pretty new to the IL2 game and I had a question about vulching:

Scenario 1: My airfield is under attack and I take off and engage two enemies. I shoot one down and then the other enemy gets on my tail. I try to shake him then figure my only way to escape is to make some abrupt manuevers and try to land. I throw the gear down and extend flaps on final and the guy blows me away. The server rules say no shooting at aircraft landing and taking off.

Technically, I was landing but I don't consider this vulching because I was engaged and was trying to escape.

1) What do the old pros out there think? Is this vulching?

Scenario Two: I come off the high perch and make a diving attack on an enemy. I miss the enemy and continue on toward another enemy. One of my teammates injures the enemy then breaks away. I take a couple wild shots at him from 400 meters and miss, but he sees me and starts jinking. We are a good five miles from his airfield. I continue to take random shots at him, and cannot close the distance. He continues toward his airfield in an attempt to land his damaged bird. About one mile out, he throws gear and flaps, and also turns on landing lights. I start to close to "Galland ramming distance" and he is easy prey.

2) Can I shoot him down since I had him engaged the whole time or is this considered vulching? Vulchers? Well I think they are not the best looking birds on the planet! But they are real birds!

Bearcat99
02-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Vulching smulching... I'm with Willie.... All's fair in love & war.... even virtual war. IMO servers should have flak..... not heavy enough to lag up things ... but enough to offer some level of threat to vulchers... vulching was a valid tactic in war.. it is a valid tactic here. Thats why there should be a few guys flying cap around the base at all times.. instead of going out to rack up kills...... its all about the teamwork.

BlitzPig_DDT
02-05-2007, 10:06 PM
If you can't take being "vulched", don't fly on BlitzPig servers. We always allow vulching (even encourage it). It's no place for whiners. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

On my maps in particular (but not all BP maps), the flak is so heavy that if you can even manage to vulch successfully and get away intact, you deserve the points. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Actually, you can usually make 1 high speed pass, in and out, but if you linger around an enemy airbase on my map, I guarentee you will be shot down. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

(FWIW - I enjoy the challenge of getting in, wreaking havoc and getting out when people think they are safe. lol)

FritzGryphon
02-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Both cases fine. Though those server rules are unfortunately vague, 'landing' is not a home free escape manuever.

I tend to draw the line at a more definite definition; vulching is attacking things on the ground. There can't be any confusion about this, and it can't easily be exploited. Only if there is a rule against it.

If the teams are obviously unbalanced, you should use discretion. Rather than vulching, switch teams instead. No one has fun when one team can't even get off the ground.

Xiolablu3
02-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Viper2005_:
IMO:

1) Rules about vulching are stupid. The vulching pass is nothing other than the perfect bounce. Banning vulching is therefore a step on the slippery slope towards making B&Z illegal. As illustrated by the above examples, it's almost impossible to draw a sensible line in the sand differentiating between vulching and normal combat.

Yes, vulching is annoying. But that's the whole point. Good tactics are infuriating because they deny their victim any opportunity to fight back. If you don't like it, LEARN TO FLY. Then you too can experience the joy of the perfect bounce.

2) Padlock is stupid - it makes it so easy to maintain SA that you might as well fly in WW view with all those pretty arrows. The fact that it makes vulching "easy" isn't actually important - those experienced in the art of vulching can spot an enemy aircraft spawning from over 10 km away, especially against concrete bases, and don't need to hammer F6 to do so. Afterall, airfields aren't exactly big targets to watch. You just look at the pretty apron, and when an ugly black dot appears you dive in and either deliver bombs or gunfire as appropriate. That's easy. It's a bit like throwing rocks at a hornet's nest. The difficult bit is hitting the nest without getting stung, and that's an art.

I dont think you understand what hes talking about if you think vulching is B&Z - Its nothing to do with tactics. Its about shooting someone as they are on the runway, or hanging about the airfield waiting for people to take off and then shooting them up. Its just lame - it shows no skill at all, its shooting someone before they have even had a chance to get their wheels off the ground.

The most stupid people are people who say other people are stupid because they play the game different to them.

If you never play with padlock on, then how do you know whats stupid about vulching rules? I already explained why you need vulching rules on padlock servers. Padlock HAS to be on if you want externals, people have lobbyed for it not to be like that since the game was released, but its never been changed.

Pretending to fly a plane on a computer is stupid...but we do it.

The fact that bases are so close togther in some maps also means that vulching on these servers is nothing like real war.

Saying you cant have vulching rules on a server is like saying you can have a game of chess but its stupid that I cant move the king 7 places...I can move it 7 places! Watch! Doh.

Play how the server rules are set up, if you dont like it or are incapable of flying to a set of rules, find another server http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xiolablu3
02-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by BlitzPig_DDT:

Actually, you can usually make 1 high speed pass, in and out, but if you linger around an enemy airbase on my map, I guarentee you will be shot down. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

This is how it would be on perfect maps, and is the ideal situation.

But on a lot of resource heavy maps, they have to remove AAA from the airfields to get it to run smooth, therefore, its either a laggy map or a rule about vulching.

FritzGryphon
02-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Not really. You really only need a couple of quad Vickers or something to defend an airfield. Just enough to smoke people if they do a fly-over.

They don't fire unless the enemies are really close, so they'll rarely affect lag or FPS. I wish mission builders would use more.

Freelancer-1
02-05-2007, 11:20 PM
If it's an enemy shoot it down.

Lights on makes a target easier to shoot.

Wing smoke makes a target easier to acquire.

If you don't like padlock there are plenty of servers that have it disabled.

If an airfield doesn't have CAP they get what they deserve.

Vultching IRL is known as strafing. Get used to it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

KG66_Gog
02-06-2007, 12:07 AM
It's quite clear that most of you, and therefore the community, don't even know what VULCHING is! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Vulching is loitering over an enemy base, waiting for people to spawn and then swooping down on them, shooting them up and then climbing to do it all over again. That is VULCHING. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

If you arrive over an enemy base and there are already aircraft spawned on the flight-line, and you dive in and shoot them, that is called STRAFING! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Most servers rules that say NO VULCHING, don't even know what vulching is!

Anyway, any server that tells you that you cannot engage landing or taking off aircraft is living in a fantasy world, a made up world of computers and special effects and....oh wait a minute...that's on-line flying! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Fighterduck
02-06-2007, 01:30 AM
oooooh vulching...personally i didnt know what it was till they experimented it on me ^^
Well its a kind of really frustrating.you dont even have the chance to take altitude to try to fight because above your base there are 10000000 spifires pilots that continue to hit F6 and when your gears are off from the ground you see 10 of them coming for you....well just sit down and wait for the next spawn ^^. Think massive flack would be a really good idea to prevent or to make vulching really difficult.Would be also realistic: lots of book speak about intense flack over airfield and they made a sort of flack "tunnel" to give planes the opportunity to land or take off...sure maybe some will be shooted down anyway but at least it gives you an opportunity.

F19_Olli72
02-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Thats not vulching. This is vulching: http://ul56.rapidshare.com/files/12103208/JAW.ntrk

Just a tip, if you're going to vulch dont deny/lie about it on forums afterwards. Someone's always watching, and/or recording tracks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WOLFMondo
02-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Vulching, surviving and landing is a skill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

What gets me is servers that say vulching with rockets and bombs only. Not only is that rule ******ed it also is unlrealistic by any means.

WOLFMondo
02-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Fighterduck:
Well its a kind of really frustrating.you dont even have the chance to take altitude to try to fight because above your base there are 10000000 spifires pilots that continue to hit F6

Don't fly on that server then. F6 aces are the bane of this sim.

Fighterduck
02-06-2007, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fighterduck:
Well its a kind of really frustrating.you dont even have the chance to take altitude to try to fight because above your base there are 10000000 spifires pilots that continue to hit F6

Don't fly on that server then. F6 aces are the bane of this sim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

umh i really would, but flying in non external servers with no track ir is really hard..i have to fly with an hand on the joystick and the other one on the mouse to look around...not too funny ^^ so for the moment i have to fly in here

Viper2005_
02-06-2007, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
I dont think you understand what hes talking about if you think vulching is B&Z - Its nothing to do with tactics. Its about shooting someone as they are on the runway, or hanging about the airfield waiting for people to take off and then shooting them up. Its just lame - it shows no skill at all, its shooting someone before they have even had a chance to get their wheels off the ground.

Says somebody who obviously fails to appreciate the art.

Vulching is merely a special case of B&Z where your enemy has NO energy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Let's say that aircraft A is hanging around 1000 m over an undefended enemy aircraft when an enemy spawns. Being a sporting type its pilot waits until the target aircraft has raised its undercarriage before diving down and blasting him.

Meanwhile, aircraft B is hanging around at 5000 m when its pilot spots an enemy aircraft at 4000 m. He dives down and blasts it. What's the difference?

Vulching isn't generally easy due to the flak and enemy fighter cover, and due to the fact that anybody who is stationary can just hit "refly" as you make your pass.

There's quite a skill involved in getting yourself to the enemy base without being spotted, killing enemy aircraft there and then getting yourself home safely. Try it sometime - most people fall at the last hurdle, and it is not unknown for the vulcher to himself be vulched on landing.

Because vulching is merely a special case of B&Z, banning it is a slippery slope towards banning any and all effective tactics which might be considered "unsporting", such as the conventional B&Z used by P-51 and Fw190 pilots, much to the annoyance of the Spitfires, 109s, Zeros etc whose pilots are apt to type messages along the lines of "turn and fight you coward!".

You might just as well mandate that no P-47s shall be allowed to fly above 5000 m, or that no biplanes shall be allowed to make tight turns, or that no jet shall exceed 400 km/h TAS...

Being the victim of good tactics is annoying because there's nothing much that you can do about it. That's the whole point. Banning tactics that annoy is therefore rather silly. If the enemy has managed to position themselves such that killing you requires little or no skill, unless the teams are seriously out of balance you should ask yourself some hard questions about why you have allowed yourself to get into so much trouble.

Air raid sirens exist for a reason.

The most stupid people are people who say other people are stupid because they play the game different to them.

That argument is circular, since I might equally suggest that the most stupid people are the people who say that the most stupid people are people who say other people are stupid because they play the game differently from them, and so on.

If you never play with padlock on, then how do you know whats stupid about vulching rules? I already explained why you need vulching rules on padlock servers. Padlock HAS to be on if you want externals, people have lobbyed for it not to be like that since the game was released, but its never been changed.

I once flew around on a certain server featuring all the entertaining 4.071 jets which had external views. It was rather a strange experience. You just adopt a suitable external view and hit F6 periodically and you become immune to any form of surprise attack. One time I flew a Go229 and my F6th sense told me that I was under attack from a MiG-9. So I switched to an external view and spent about 15-20 minutes in a climbing scissors fight with him.

From the cockpit he would have been totally invisible (the Go229 doesn't have much of a rear view...), and I would have died in short order.

I will only play with external views or otherwise in F6 land if there are no other options, and sadly, there aren't that many options if you want to play with our excellent assortment of jets...

External views are pretty, but even if they didn't come with a padlock attached they would still take away much of the skill from the game due to the fact that they almost totally remove the cockpit visibility issues which are so important IRL. They're useful for making movies or playing about online, just as WW view is useful for flight testing, but online they're just a step closer to X-wing vs TIE Fighter.

Pretending to fly a plane on a computer is stupid...but we do it.

Not really, it's actually quite useful for keeping one's general handling reflexes in trim, especially with regard to the ground handling aspect of flying taildraggers, which I don't get to do anything like as often as I'd like IRL.

The fact that bases are so close togther in some maps also means that vulching on these servers is nothing like real war.

This is certainly true, but may be easily solved by having multiple bases.

Saying you cant have vulching rules on a server is like saying you can have a game of chess but its stupid that I cant move the king 7 places...I can move it 7 places! Watch! Doh.

Play how the server rules are set up, if you dont like it or are incapable of flying to a set of rules, find another server http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

At no point did I state that you can't have vulching rules, or that I break such rules when I fly on servers which have them. I simply pointed out that they're stupid. Because they are.

ploughman
02-06-2007, 05:25 AM
I'd say, if it takes a super human effort to get to the enemy airfield then reap. Server rules may apply.

Otherwise, it's just like camping out on your enemy's spawn point with an MG42. Cheap but eminently gratifying.

RCAF_Irish_403
02-06-2007, 05:52 AM
Read the server rules and use your head http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Xiolablu3
02-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Viper, the reason I disagree with you so much is because UKded2 is a server with externals and F6 enabled, yet the maps are so well designed, and the regulars so friendly, that I enjoy flying there despite F6 being enabled. - In fact I enjoy it very much nowadays, once I got used to it.

Its just a different kind of flying, one where you know exactly where the enemy is at all times. I would not call it 'easier' because they have the same benefits.

The difference I see in you two examples is that the guy who is in the air has a chance to avoid the attack through his skill/manouvre, whereas the guy shot up on the Airfield has no chance at all to do anything.

clepsydra
02-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Maybe Oleg and the boys could make an AA gun that could be manned by us mere humans. I wouldn't mind sitting at it once in a while getting my own back on the vulchers.

Good idea or not?

Xiolablu3
02-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by clepsydra:
Maybe Oleg and the boys could make an AA gun that could be manned by us mere humans. I wouldn't mind sitting at it once in a while getting my own back on the vulchers.

Good idea or not?

Hehe, this is coming in Battle Of Britian Storm of War, Olegs next series. SHould be out in about a year.

Watch Mystic Pumas Video...

http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=12223

You can see Oleg manning the AAA guns http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MEGILE
02-06-2007, 09:28 AM

You can see Oleg manning the AAA guns http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

at what time?

Not that it's a new concept.. ww2ol let you do this for years, however, it is a new direction for the maddox series http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

BlitzPig_DDT
02-06-2007, 09:37 AM
External Padlock disabling would be ideal - but only if it is separate from internal padlock. Even with TiR, internal padlock is more realistic than not having it at all (and having to either use your thumb to look around, or looking over your shoulder by turning your head just a few degrees and looking back in the opposite direction with your eyes).

That said, the visuals in the game are so good, and long flights trapped in the pit so boring, that externals off is only good every once in a while for a change of pace. F6 is annoying, but you take the good with the bad I suppose.

As for flak, the Japanese 2 or 3 barrel 20mm, and the imfamous Wirbelwind, as well as the 1 or 4 gun 12.7 or .50 cal guns can put up a withering hail of fire without really adversely affecting things. Especially on todays hardware. Worst case would be slight stutters or a smapp FPS drop, but hey, don't play in the flak if you don't want that. lol

We have a tradition of airfield denial, keeping people from being able to take off, totally raping the base. It used to be fun, but even some of our group have become intolerant of those sorts of shenanigans. So I've switched to 1 or 2 (or 3 lol) vulches in a row and after that, it gets "excessive" and people may be asked to stop.

However.... 2 or 3 passes can only be made once you clear out the flak. I normally put 4 to 6 (or more) guns on a base and spred them out a bit to give a good cross-fire. From a distance you can pinpoint the enemy, right at the top of the pyramid of tracers. lol

Everybody grumbles or outright *****es about the flak on my maps being too brutal. Not for FPS drops or stutters, just because they can't go in and play in it.... which is the bloody idea in the first fecking place. lol

But as noted, I do it for both bases, and I happen to enjoy vulching and usually put most ground objects on airbases, so I have to go into it if I want to partake in those past times. It's not like I do it on my perferred side just for an advantage. lol

Of course, screaming in at 1000kph TAS with guns blazing certainly helps. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WOLFMondo
02-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Fighterduck:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fighterduck:

Don't fly on that server then. F6 aces are the bane of this sim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

umh i really would, but flying in non external servers with no track ir is really hard..i have to fly with an hand on the joystick and the other one on the mouse to look around...not too funny ^^ so for the moment i have to fly in here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No hat switch? I don't have track IR but I do ok and I tend to only fly on full real servers.

WOLFMondo
02-06-2007, 10:05 AM

Its just a different kind of flying, one where you know exactly where the enemy is at all times. I would not call it 'easier' because they have the same benefits.

It is easier, far easier. Its even easier when you don't use F6 cause you can tell the F6'ers, there loosing all there energy trying to get on planes near by them and making really sharpe manouvers.

Tater-SW-
02-06-2007, 10:16 AM
If I'm at a field being vulched to the point I cannot TO (I'll usually try), and another field is not an option, I sit on the tarmac, start the engien to attract them (never played on a server with padlock, and won't). When they dive down, I let them fire, then despawn when badly damaged, or grab a plane with a turret and gun back (then despawn if badly damaged).

I kep doing this til I get an opening that will allow me to TO. If they want to blow all their ammo hitting me at the spawn point, so be it.

Zoom2136
02-06-2007, 10:17 AM
When landing RULE #1.... never have a long approach... come in screaming... fly over the airfield... check for flak... no flak... turn around and land...

You will this way never get bounced while landing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Tater-SW-
02-06-2007, 10:37 AM
I usually get nailed landing when overflight is not an option, it's all i can do to put her down on the runway, heheh.

LStarosta
02-06-2007, 10:40 AM
In my expert opinion, "vulchers" have very small penii.

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Funny how the pedulum has swung the other way. About 3 years ago it was 70:30 against any type of vulching with only a few exceptions.

Nowadays, the majority are in agreement that vulching is something that should be guarded againstwith AA and CAP. Likewise most good servers have alternate bases to use during times of excessive vulching-induced stress.

To answer the original poster's questions...kill'em all.

I don't like getting vulched, but I'll fight for everyone's right to do it.

TB

Brain32
02-06-2007, 11:12 AM
I don't like getting vulched, but I'll fight for everyone's right to do it.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Xiolablu3
02-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:

It is easier, far easier. Its even easier when you don't use F6 cause you can tell the F6'ers, there loosing all there energy trying to get on planes near by them and making really sharpe manouvers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get about the same scores on both padlock and non padlock servers. Possibly a little better scores in a non padlock server.

Its easier for FW190 pilots and energy fighters in a non padlock server IMO.

Remember just my opinion, I am not saying everyone finds this. I find it more relaxing flying in a padlock server because you dont have to constantly scan the sky for dots. (95% of what you do in a non padlock server)

I love completely no-icon flying because having to ID planes first adds a lot to the game IMO.

I always use F6 if its allowed, use the settings the server allows is my opinion. No shame in using F6 if its enabled. As long as everyone uses it, the field is level and everyone is in the same difficulty.

BaldieJr
02-06-2007, 12:20 PM
As an Ace Combat ePilot, I find vulching sexy and extremely satisfying.

WWSensei
02-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by clepsydra:

Good idea or not?

Just park a B-25 or Ju-88 near the runway and man a turret. A-20 even. I did this on Warclouds once and bagged 4 kills just from the top turret of the 25. Twin 50s make an excellent short range manned AAA gun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bearcat99
02-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by WWSensei:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by clepsydra:

Good idea or not?

Just park a B-25 or Ju-88 near the runway and man a turret. A-20 even. I did this on Warclouds once and bagged 4 kills just from the top turret of the 25. Twin 50s make an excellent short range manned AAA gun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooo thats a good idea..