PDA

View Full Version : It's a FRENCH thang... (I'm in the doghouse)

missouridrifter
04-04-2005, 07:58 AM
My orders are to patrol the NW. Irish coast so I upgraded to a Type C, said my goodbyes to the ladies on shore (the band was playing a real toe-tapper too) and out we went.

I plotted a course that would take us just north of Scapa Flow between a couple of rocks, shallow but a more direct route.

We were minding our own business (well, we DID sink a C2 and a small merchant.. they were looking at us€¦ it was a dare!) anyway€¦ we were messing around sipping a beer when all of a sudden my First Mate yells €œALAAAAAAAAAAAARMM!!!€

Scared the you know what outa me.. I didn€t spill my beer but I swallowed my chew.

€œParascope depth! I€ I barked (when I could talk again).

As we leveled off, I took a peek in the scope.. €œHum€¦. Humm€¦. Hummm€¦.€ *scratches chin

Hey, what€s that French word for when you have three C class Destroyers trying to put the screws to ya all at the same time? Oh yeah! *slaps self.

I have me a Dam-age€-etwa going on.

I€m down 60 meters and only have 10 meters left under my keel, I€m at full stop and rigged for silent running.

My deck gun is busted, my flack gun is busted, I have leaks everywhere, four empty tubes fore and one fish ready aft€¦ but the aft tube is busted too AND the toilet won€t flush anymore which makes the situation especially desperate because we crappin€ down here!

I can€t prove it but I think those destroyers are Captained by three of the development team still miffed at me for some things I said here earlier but I can€t see a dang thing down here.

I keep trying to talk my crew into putting on some swim britches and getting the external reserves loaded but they just look at me like I€m nuts€¦ and I am.

My Damage Control officer was tired before this battle even started so he€s mad at me and ain€t talkin€ either.

I€m not sure if we can get outa€ this one but I€ll let you know what happens.

missouridrifter
04-04-2005, 07:58 AM
My orders are to patrol the NW. Irish coast so I upgraded to a Type C, said my goodbyes to the ladies on shore (the band was playing a real toe-tapper too) and out we went.

I plotted a course that would take us just north of Scapa Flow between a couple of rocks, shallow but a more direct route.

We were minding our own business (well, we DID sink a C2 and a small merchant.. they were looking at us€¦ it was a dare!) anyway€¦ we were messing around sipping a beer when all of a sudden my First Mate yells €œALAAAAAAAAAAAARMM!!!€

Scared the you know what outa me.. I didn€t spill my beer but I swallowed my chew.

€œParascope depth! I€ I barked (when I could talk again).

As we leveled off, I took a peek in the scope.. €œHum€¦. Humm€¦. Hummm€¦.€ *scratches chin

Hey, what€s that French word for when you have three C class Destroyers trying to put the screws to ya all at the same time? Oh yeah! *slaps self.

I have me a Dam-age€-etwa going on.

I€m down 60 meters and only have 10 meters left under my keel, I€m at full stop and rigged for silent running.

My deck gun is busted, my flack gun is busted, I have leaks everywhere, four empty tubes fore and one fish ready aft€¦ but the aft tube is busted too AND the toilet won€t flush anymore which makes the situation especially desperate because we crappin€ down here!

I can€t prove it but I think those destroyers are Captained by three of the development team still miffed at me for some things I said here earlier but I can€t see a dang thing down here.

I keep trying to talk my crew into putting on some swim britches and getting the external reserves loaded but they just look at me like I€m nuts€¦ and I am.

My Damage Control officer was tired before this battle even started so he€s mad at me and ain€t talkin€ either.

I€m not sure if we can get outa€ this one but I€ll let you know what happens.

quillan
04-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Damage-a-trois? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

missouridrifter
04-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Yeah, LOL Wasn't sure how to spell it (joking)