PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Revelations - Collector's Edition

EscoBlades
06-06-2011, 08:09 AM
See here! (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/06/06/assassins-creed-revelations-collectors-edition-spotted/)

Play as two additional multiplayer characters: The Crusader & a new Harlequin revamped with a Constantinople flavour: the Ottoman Jester.

daddychinn
06-06-2011, 08:14 AM
I was told by a guy at gamestop if I pre-order now, I'll automatically get upgraded to the collector's edition. He seemed kind of unsure about it tho. Do you know anything about that?

EscoBlades
06-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by daddychinn:
I was told by a guy at gamestop if I pre-order now, I'll automatically get upgraded to the collector's edition. He seemed kind of unsure about it tho. Do you know anything about that?

Not 100% sure, i can try and find the info for you. I do suspect we'll get more info during the E3 conference.

lynx_1985
06-06-2011, 08:20 AM

If thats true you have a sweet deal! Did you need to put a deposit down? He may have just said it to get money off you, unsure about gamestop as thats America isn't it?

I've been looking to pre-order the CE but have only found it on play for 60, I don't want to pay that for it and am sure there will be some where else that has it cheaper! Anyone know of a place in the UK where I can order the CE at a decent price?

DoctorEurope
06-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Is there gonna be any other ways to get the Ottoman Jester and Crusader besides getting the collector's edition? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EscoBlades
06-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by lynx_1985:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daddychinn:

If thats true you have a sweet deal! Did you need to put a deposit down? He may have just said it to get money off you, unsure about gamestop as thats America isn't it?

I've been looking to pre-order the CE but have only found it on play for 60, I don't want to pay that for it and am sure there will be some where else that has it cheaper! Anyone know of a place in the UK where I can order the CE at a decent price? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

60 is a decent price http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

SleezeRocker
06-06-2011, 08:51 AM

I believe I can vouch for that.
I mentioned in CE thread in the Gen. discussion area, but yes I when I preorder ACR (I was literally "1st" one+the Gstop employees recognie me, as I to them lol) and Vince (main person I know at Gstop) told me "Ah I see the AC fanatic is ready for ACR! As am I *lol* Ok...Hmm look at that! Just for preordering you entitled to a signature edition for regular game price!"

And last week when I bought Portal 2 and Crysis 2 on my ps3, I saw the ACR demo box and it described(fairly vaguely) the contents sig.Edition and from what I read, it fairly resembles the above Nexus Edition.....so yeah I think this Nexus edition and siganture edition (US by the way) may be the same.

BlacklightDemon
06-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lynx_1985:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daddychinn:

I've been looking to pre-order the CE but have only found it on play for 60, I don't want to pay that for it and am sure there will be some where else that has it cheaper! Anyone know of a place in the UK where I can order the CE at a decent price? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

60 is a decent price http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
60 I can afford to spend http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

lynx_1985
06-06-2011, 09:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lynx_1985:

60 is a decent price http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't contain my need any longer, done for 60!

Ah thats a sweet deal you have from gamestop, may ask around the shops in the UK see if they have anything similar. Hopefully gamestation will do it!

EscoBlades
06-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Play.com have a listing for it, minus the pictures i grabbed for the article.

See here! (http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/20251862/Assassin-Creed-Revelations-Collector-Edition/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=assassin%27s+creed+revelations&urlrefer=search)

daddychinn
06-06-2011, 09:17 AM
I sure hope it's true. I didn't put money down yet seeing as how I just bought my px21's and a new controller. But as soon as this is verified I will def. get it. I just want to make sure it's the collectors edition and not some other just limited edition. I only wanna buy it once.

Edit: ok, I just got off the phone with the guy at gamestop, and he verified that if you pre-order now, you WILL be upgraded to the limited collectors edition. He said it's called an early pre-order bonus. He said he doesn't know how much longer it will be going on, as it doesn't say in the system how long it's available for the bonus. So I'm about to go online and pre-order it and get it. Hell yeah!

lynx_1985
06-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Ahh good stuff...

With regards to the extra characters you get with the CE Im guessing they will be available through a DLC, like the Officer and the Hellequin was it?

SleezeRocker
06-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I sure hope it's true. I didn't put money down yet seeing as how I just bought my px21's and a new controller. But as soon as this is verified I will def. get it. I just want to make sure it's the collectors edition and not some other just limited edition. I only wanna buy it once.

Edit: ok, I just got off the phone with the guy at gamestop, and he verified that if you pre-order now, you WILL be upgraded to the limited collectors edition. He said it's called an early pre-order bonus. He said he doesn't know how much longer it will be going on, as it doesn't say in the system how long it's available for the bonus. So I'm about to go online and pre-order it and get it. Hell yeah!

Alright! Yeah for the above content it be really weak for 100$ (US) so it's available for free upgrade for regular game price (60$), i'd say hell yeah go for it everyone! lol

SusannaNO2
06-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Don't know if I will be able to buy the collectors edition... It's too expensive over here, about 160$/100, and I would rather like to spend my money on something else. I guess I'll have to settle with the "basic" version this time. But if Ubisoft does the same thing with Revelations as they did with Brotherhood (releasing the exclusive material later), I don't think I would miss anything.

thornebrook
06-06-2011, 01:57 PM

See here! (http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/20251862/Assassin-Creed-Revelations-Collector-Edition/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=assassin%27s+creed+revelations&urlrefer=search)

Thanks so much for this link!

A bit late to the party, but why is the PC version (http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/20251874/Assassin-Creed-Revelations-Collector-Edition/Product.html?searchtype=gameall&searchsource=0&searchstring=revelations&urlrefer=search&strefer=gameall&searchfilters=s%7Brevelations%7D%2bc%7B362%7D%2b) of the Collector's Edition cheaper than the PS3/Xbox versions? Not that I'm complaining as I'm a PC gamer, just curious. They haven't said whether the PC version's going to be pushed back or not yet, so I found the pricing a bit weird.

daddychinn
06-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Pc games generally are cheaper than console games. Not sure why, but if I has to guess I would say that there are less pc gamers than console gamers, so they are priced to keep pc gamers interested in playing pc rather than consoles. I'm sure escoblades will have a definitive answer for you tho.

thornebrook
06-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Pc games generally are cheaper than console games. Not sure why, but if I has to guess I would say that there are less pc gamers than console gamers, so they are priced to keep pc gamers interested in playing pc rather than consoles. I'm sure escoblades will have a definitive answer for you tho.

I see, thanks! Never noticed that before.

MrKnox122
06-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I am gettign this game for PS3

ANTRON77
06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by MrKnox122:
I am gettign this game for PS3

I look forward to friendly, competitive, and fun games. Will be my pleasure to play against you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DoctorEurope
06-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Any news on if this is 100% confirmed or not?

papartusedmcrsk
06-06-2011, 07:27 PM
I called Gamestop and asked the girl if it was true.

Her manager confirmed it, but said it was only instore and "while supplies last."

StuffedInABoxx
06-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Totally preordering for PS3 right now

laserjock2003
06-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Called my Gamestop to see if this would count towards the pre-order I put in on May 9 would get t his, and they gentleman I spoke said I had been automatically upgraded to this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

daddychinn
06-06-2011, 07:52 PM
ok,just went to gamestop and pre-ordered..And when she said its limited edition,I asked her if that was the same as collector's edition.She said," Im not sure if they are making a collectors edition."WTF? I told her that they definitely have a collectors edition.But she said she guesses its the collector's edition.But anyways,the limited edition still comes with all the stuff I want(mp characters,exclusive SP missions) so i dont really care now.It would be really cool tho if it was collectors edition.

papartusedmcrsk
06-06-2011, 07:59 PM
ok,just went to gamestop and pre-ordered..And when she said its limited edition,I asked her if that was the same as collector's edition.She said," Im not sure if they are making a collectors edition."WTF? I told her that they definitely have a collectors edition.But she said she guesses its the collector's edition.But anyways,the limited edition still comes with all the stuff I want(mp characters,exclusive SP missions) so i dont really care now.It would be really cool tho if it was collectors edition.

Haha. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that

MP personas and SP missions > art book and soundtrack

Those are the two things I'm worried about, anyway.

ABXantos
06-06-2011, 09:00 PM
From what I saw in the US Revelations Trailer,

The gamestop limited edition includes the following

-Assassin's Creed Embers Animated Short
-Assassin's Creed Revelations Soundtrack
-ONE Multiplayer character (Undisclosed - Will NOT be the Doctor)
-Vlad The Impaler Prison Map
-Capacity Upgrades for Gun bombs and Crossbow

Collectors Edition includes:
-The Art Book
-2 Multiplayer Character

Animus Edition has:
-The Encyclopedia
-Armor of Brutus
-2 Multiplayer Character

The Smaller Special Edition Includes:
-Turkish Assassin Armor
-2 Multiplayer Character (Crusader and Doctor)

Personally because Gamestop has always been a bunch of ******s, I'm getting the Animus edition to get the other multiplayer character and the Encyclopedia and armor. The only thing I'm mad at is I miss out on the Ottoman Doctor and the Turkish Assassin Armor.

MrKnox122
06-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by A.B.Xantos:
From what I saw in the US Revelations Trailer,

The gamestop limited edition includes the following

-ONE Multiplayer character (Undisclosed - Will NOT be the Doctor)

Collectors Edition includes:
-The Art Book
-2 Multiplayer Character

Animus Edition has:
-The Encyclopedia
-Armor of Brutus
-2 Multiplayer Character

The Smaller Special Edition Includes:
-Turkish Assassin Armor
-2 Multiplayer Character (Crusader and Doctor)

Personally because Gamestop has always been a bunch of ******s, I'm getting the Animus edition to get the other multiplayer character and the Encyclopedia and armor. The only thing I'm mad at is I miss out on the Ottoman Doctor and the Turkish Assassin Armor.

http://xboxgamezone.co.uk/wp-c...ECIAL_EDITION_02.jpg (http://xboxgamezone.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ACR_Mock-up_SPECIAL_EDITION_02.jpg)

I really want get the doctor but i want the Animus Edition but i will glad downgrade to get my doctor

AwkwardlyBruta
06-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Are they really splitting up all the characters like that?
Have any other games done that where you have to pick and choose or you might miss out on something?

Ripe Claw
06-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Yes. Brotherhood did it. You had to choose where to pre-order to determine what character you got.

Mortal Kombat has different fatalities and outfits depending on where you buy it.

I'm sure it is pretty standard for them all now, but those are the only 2 I bought that had DLC stuff, so I can't say for sure. It is a bunch of stupid bs if you ask me.

I pre-ordered 2 from gamestop, will I need to cancel one of those and go somewhere else to get my second copy in order to get all of the different personae?

PlasticAssasin8
06-07-2011, 02:27 AM
just ordered it, $138 Au

Shaitaan1986
06-07-2011, 06:20 AM

What if you pre order the normal PC vertion, do you get collector's edition? And can we download that vertion?

ABXantos
06-07-2011, 09:36 AM
The thing I don't like is the fact that the Animus edition (Which I'm assuming is ACR's Counterpart to ACB's Codex edition) should include everything just as the Codex Edition did.

Animus Edition should include The 3 Characters and the 2 SP Armors since it is the biggest edition and have the Armor of Brutus included in the Collectors Edition.

papartusedmcrsk
06-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by A.B.Xantos:
Animus Edition should include The 3 Characters and the 2 SP Armors since it is the biggest edition and have the Armor of Brutus included in the Collectors Edition.

Definately agree. Just like the Codex Edition had the Harlequin AND Officer, the Animus Edition should have the Crusader, Ottoman Harle and Doctor.

That one will cost the most, it should have everything available.

MonsterJunkese
06-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Can i pre order anywhere and get the harlequin or does it have to be at gamestop? I NEED THAT CLOWN

papartusedmcrsk
06-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Well you need the Collectors edition or Animus Edition. Animus edition is labeled as 1000 Euros right now... but that will come down by November. Preordering at Gamestop upgrades you to the collectors edition so...

That's what I did.

MonsterJunkese
06-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Is gamestop in uk?

Shaitaan1986
06-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by MonsterJunkese:
Can i pre order anywhere and get the harlequin or does it have to be at gamestop? I NEED THAT CLOWN

m2, he looks awesome!

Mistral Frost
06-08-2011, 09:38 AM
guys when you reserve at gamestop you get bumped up to their limited edition not the collectors edition if you want that you havta out more money down. BUT the lady i talked to at gamestop said if you upgrade to collectors edition you still get everything in the limited edition. They stack hope this helps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mistral Frost
06-08-2011, 09:39 AM
put* more money

WyndsofWar
06-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Well up here in Canada our equivalent of Gamestop is EB Games. I, like another poster here, am known to the managers since I tend to chat them up to find out what's coming when and what is offered for pre-orders. Now that pre-ordering is confirmed, I will be heading in this weekend to order my copy. Anytime you preorder (I just put down $5 and I'm good as pre-ordered), they always put you in the pre-order column and when they put their order in for special edition copies, they tally the total amount of people who have pre-ordered and get that many copies.

I couldn't believe what one poster said that their local game shop is doing a first come first serve basis for special editions lol. That's just bad business sense.

As for getting one chartacter or another, I'm sure in time Ubi will release all characters for play, just as they did with the Harlequin and Officer. ( I pre-ordered my copy of AC:B and got the Harlequin )

Just ask for a manager and they should have all the info on what edition gets what special content. If they don't, well they suck as management and should be canned lol. My guys know their stuff, and if they don't, they call head office right in front of me to get the details. Now that's what I call service lol.

Archybad
06-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Anyone know if there's anywhere offering a similar deal in England?

MonsterJunkese
06-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by whattafool:
Anyone know if there's anywhere offering a similar deal in England? .

Sc Man X
06-08-2011, 09:17 PM
http://cdn.medialib.oxm.co.uk/screens/screenshot_19300.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.oxm.co.uk/screens/screenshot_19299.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.oxm.co.uk/screens/screenshot_19298.jpg

l_shneier
06-09-2011, 06:12 AM

Ifound a ce version of acr from game for at most 49 depending on version at this link http://www.game.co.uk/search.a...edrevelations-_-Link (http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?s=%22Assassins+Creed+Revelations%22&cm_mmc=E3-_-2011-_-assassinscreedrevelations-_-Link)

MrKnox122
06-09-2011, 06:13 AM
My question is that to get the Ottoman Doctor I need to Pre-Order in the UK? or I can pre-order in my local Gamestop or Best Buy?

Crumplecorn
06-09-2011, 06:53 AM
This **** of locking stuff in the game and then selling it to you as if you don't already have it is ******ed.

At least they are giving some genuine extras as well I guess.

EscoBlades
06-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Its Marketing. For as long as people keep buying them, publishers will continue to do so.

Crumplecorn
06-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Its Marketing. For as long as people keep buying them, publishers will continue to do so. Obviously the solution is to kill all the people... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

rocketxsurgeon
06-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by MrKnox122:
My question is that to get the Ottoman Doctor I need to Pre-Order in the UK? or I can pre-order in my local Gamestop or Best Buy?

You don't want to pre-order from the UK. If any DLC gets released, it won't be compatible with your game type and you won't be able to use it.

@Crumplecorn: lol kill them all!

Sc Man X
06-09-2011, 09:04 AM
im gunna end up preordering two different versions http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

cyrax008
06-10-2011, 07:11 AM
In the UK, for Game.co.uk

Standard Edition = 39.99
Special Edition = 44.99
Collector's Edition = 49.99

However, Play.com is charging 59.99 for the Collector's Edition, which is 10.00 more than Game's CE.

utriej
06-10-2011, 07:59 AM
I may be missing something here....
I just checked gamestop.com and all they have on there for the PS3 is the "Signature Edition" for pre-order, which just has a stupid poster for a bonus item. No collectors or animus edition. Will probabally fork out the cash for the animus edition if I can find it ok.
Just too early to be on there yet? Or will only be through the Ubisoft store?
Got the collectors edition for AC: B there no problem when that released.

Edit: I'm in the US btw.

WIDOMKR383
06-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by utriej:
I just checked gamestop.com and all they have on there for the PS3 is the "Signature Edition" for pre-order, which just has a stupid poster for a bonus item. No collectors or animus edition. Will probabally fork out the cash for the animus edition if I can find it ok.

Same here I planned on going in, in person Saturday morning To ask them and see if I can get a better answer. @sc where did you get those pics from?

lynx_1985
06-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by l_shneier:

Ifound a ce version of acr from game for at most 49 depending on version at this link http://www.game.co.uk/search.a...edrevelations-_-Link (http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?s=%22Assassins+Creed+Revelations%22&cm_mmc=E3-_-2011-_-assassinscreedrevelations-_-Link) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good shout mate! Completely forgot I posted that and just returned to this topic now...cancelled my play one and will pre-order in the shop after work tomorrow!

Sc Man X
06-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by WIDOMKR383:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by utriej:

Same here I planned on going in, in person Saturday morning To ask them and see if I can get a better answer. @sc where did you get those pics from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@WIDOMKR383; I got them from here (http://www.oxm.co.uk/29643/news/e3-2011-assassins-creed-revelations-special-editions-confirmed/)

ABXantos
06-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrKnox122:

You don't want to pre-order from the UK. If any DLC gets released, it won't be compatible with your game type and you won't be able to use it.

@Crumplecorn: lol kill them all! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was pretty sure that if you pre-ordered the European Editions of the ACB Codex Collectors you could redeem the codes on a US PS3 and PSN account.

If not, I feel screwed out of a good collectors edition. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

papartusedmcrsk
06-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by utriej:

I preordered last Tuesday, and the manager at Gamestop told me, after consulting his computer, that I would be upgraded to the "Collector's Edition." But it was for an extremely limited time.

Then a few days later, I watched a trailer for MP on YouTube, and it was advertising the Signature Edition upgrade with preorder...

I am not sure whether the extremely limited time ran out, so now it is just Signature Edition, or it the manager was was wrong, and it was never the Collector's Edition.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

GrimMerros
06-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Well now I'm incredibly confused! I just got back from Gamestop to Pre-Order Revelations. The worker said nothing about an upgrade, I got the Penny Arcade poster, but I most definitely want to be upgraded to the "Special" Edition. I want that Ottoman Doc. I had called before I left and asked about the upgrade and they said nothing about it. I'm going to have to call back later...

DannyStrong
06-11-2011, 04:32 PM
according to this page: http://www.vgrevolution.com/20...s-pre-order-bonuses/ (http://www.vgrevolution.com/2011/06/assassins-creed-revelations-pre-order-bonuses/)

If you preorder at gamestop you get something called the "signature edition". When I preordered I asked the girl about it and she said that in the computer it told her that I get a free upgrade to a "limited edition". Which I assume is the same thing.

I think what is supposed to happen is gamestop is supposed to get it's own version of the game on release day that has extra stuff.. similiar to how if you preordered la noire from gamestop you got extra stuff that you wouldn't get had you preordered at best buy.

The problem is they just screwed up promoting this and they can't decide what the gamestop edition (which is what it really is) is called.

From what I've gathered if you preorder the regular game from gamestop you get some kind of version of the game that comes with a lot of stuff that's also in the collectors edition, but it's not everything that comes in the collectors edition. and it's not techincally the collectors edition...

This is the kind of mess they get in to when they shake hands with the preorder devil and enter pre order hell. No one has any idea what theyre selling anymore, there's so many special verssions of the game that contain just a little bit more or less content than the other version and they all look the same at the first glance.

papartusedmcrsk
06-11-2011, 10:25 PM
I feel like they should just put everything in the game.

It's like making a 15 story building where the buyer has to pay extra for an elevator that goes past the twelfth floor. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SleezeRocker
06-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Rrrgh
I offically booked in having the "Siganture" edition but...dam It's still confusing since when I preodered like in beginning of May, I was told it was the "Collector's Edition".

Then Vince (I pretty much recognize the entire staff at my local GStop) who is also an AC fan, tells me it's registered as a "Siganture" edition. Though he told me he is aware the EU and elsewhere have the CE and AE too. He says that MAYBE in a few months (he estimates august-September) they may receive the other editions for preorder. He says he belives that since most games have been apearing first in other rgeions (like he told me Duke Nukem is out already out there aside here in US) and that the only thing we Americans get first are Fail of Duty :P

Seriously why cant we have Universal Editions of Assassisn's Creed?
As Assassisn's, we should be entitled to equal Editions! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Grygier
06-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by DoctorEurope:
Is there gonna be any other ways to get the Ottoman Jester and Crusader besides getting the collector's edition? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

just wait until it becomes downloadable content like they did in brotherhood =P

i wonder which one comes with just the normal preorder?

Jackamomo96
06-14-2011, 01:40 PM

I found mine at Game.co.uk like 49.99 plus delivery so y'know good deal, and arrives on release date with the 2 extra characters and an art book full of original art for the game :3 can't wait hhaha

Ulicies
06-20-2011, 06:30 PM
I called two different Gamestops and they both told me that you can get a free upgrade to the "Limited" edition. They said that they're not sure if you can get a free upgrade to the Collector's Edition, but that they find out details later on. When I asked about whether I could choose between free edition upgrades, they said that they're currently offering their signature edition, and the limited edition. Although, he said they might be one and the same...

Whatever. I just want that art book from the collector's edition. Anyone know if you can get a good deal on that?

loomer979
06-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Found some info today about what's going on in the US for this.

http://kotaku.com/5813992/assa...w-omits-encyclopedia (http://kotaku.com/5813992/assassins-creed-revelationss-us-special-edition-keeps-costs-low-omits-encyclopedia)

Basically, the signature edition preorder at gamestop is the only "special edition" being made in the US.

As far as the bonus character goes, since best buy is getting its own "exclusive" bonus character (the crusader) the gamestop one is probably either the Ottoman Jester (would be a good fit since the Harlequin was gamestop's ACB preorder), or maybe the Ottoman Doctor?

SleezeRocker
06-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by loomer979:

http://kotaku.com/5813992/assa...w-omits-encyclopedia (http://kotaku.com/5813992/assassins-creed-revelationss-us-special-edition-keeps-costs-low-omits-encyclopedia)

Basically, the signature edition preorder at gamestop is the only "special edition" being made in the US.

If that is indeed true then:
1. Im content, at least im getting THE game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
2. Just for preordering gettting some extra goodies and no extra cost= Me happy!
3. Just for the soundtrack ITSELF is epic enough for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
4. I save possibly 40$ which can go for either:
-Buying the Metal Gear SOlid Colleciton for Ps3 (also coming for xbox, so 360 players, you too can enjoy Solid snake action (MGS3 snake eater FTW!)
-Putting in for possibly the PSVita if it ocmes in on the Holidays http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

As for the Signature ed. Onlne charcter, it's possible it would be the Otto. Jester since Vince at my local Gsotp otld me that's what is listed in the ACR preorder bonus list...even though it doesn't say on Gsotp website itself

CRUDFACE
06-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by loomer979:

If that is indeed true then:
1. Im content, at least im getting THE game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
2. Just for preordering gettting some extra goodies and no extra cost= Me happy!
3. Just for the soundtrack ITSELF is epic enough for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
4. I save possibly 40$ which can go for either:
-Buying the Metal Gear SOlid Colleciton for Ps3 (also coming for xbox, so 360 players, you too can enjoy Solid snake action (MGS3 snake eater FTW!)
-Putting in for possibly the PSVita if it ocmes in on the Holidays http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

As for the Signature ed. Onlne charcter, it's possible it would be the Otto. Jester since Vince at my local Gsotp otld me that's what is listed in the ACR preorder bonus list...even though it doesn't say on Gsotp website itself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I heard the collector's edition might come stateside laster on this year! Man, it's been like a tradition to get the artbook and other cool stuff from AC every time a new one comes out. Now you (lol, not you, but ubisoft) is telling me that I can't even do that?

Does Ubisoft have issues with the US or something? Like every time they come out with games for the AC series, we can never get the best one. Last time, getting that stupid jack in the box...damn it...

Tessem
07-11-2011, 11:37 AM
As many of you currently are, I am confused.

Because I went to my local GameStop-store and pre-ordered both the Animus Edition and the Nexus Edition to be on the safe side. But then I hear talking of a Signature Edition and a Collectors Edition?

I also see that people speak of getting different MP characters by ordering different editions.

So, my question is if somebody could reply and explain all these different issues to me?

Regards,
A confused Norwegian Assassin.

DEMON-12_21_2O12
07-11-2011, 05:27 PM
can someone please clarify if North America will have the option to order the Animus edition?

SKIZTO
07-26-2011, 12:21 PM

Above link says Collector's Edition. Gamestop calls it Signature Edition. What is the difference? I have already paid for it. all i got thus far is a stupid poster made by Pennie Archade which messed up the Eagle hook which is turned backwards and doesnt logically function as a hanger. So if someone from Gamestop or Ubisoft can let us know the difference that would be great. the guy i talked said it was the same thing but its a play on words in my opinion. The UK came out with a different Collectors Edition when AC:B came out which ****ed me off. any hoot let us know.