PDA

View Full Version : Feature request: Game effect on hypothermia and lack of oxygen

XyZspineZyX
08-21-2003, 03:24 PM
Hello

Could it be possible to address this issue? To my understanding some of the planes in FB does not have heated cockpits and some dont have unlimited oxygen supply. (pls correct me if im wrong).

This results in situations in which one can view extraordinary situations such as prolonged dogfights in high altitudes, where some should have died of hypothermia and the rest should have passed out after oxygen supply run dry. IMHO these features when implemented would greatly emphasize the multidimensional tactics required by successfull mission outcome. Feature could be linked to difficulty settings with possibility of disabling at will.

By no means am I an expert on this issue but it would seem reasonable that these where limiting factors in ww2 and had to be considered.

Proposal for Solution:

Hypotermia could be expressed in the same way as redout and blackout, but with other color fex. blue.

Lack of oxygen could be expressed by fex. sluggish control but with some extra indication towards it
(hard to notice - and players might not figure it out)

Keep it real - Respect http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Br, Eetu

XyZspineZyX
08-21-2003, 03:24 PM
Hello

Could it be possible to address this issue? To my understanding some of the planes in FB does not have heated cockpits and some dont have unlimited oxygen supply. (pls correct me if im wrong).

This results in situations in which one can view extraordinary situations such as prolonged dogfights in high altitudes, where some should have died of hypothermia and the rest should have passed out after oxygen supply run dry. IMHO these features when implemented would greatly emphasize the multidimensional tactics required by successfull mission outcome. Feature could be linked to difficulty settings with possibility of disabling at will.

By no means am I an expert on this issue but it would seem reasonable that these where limiting factors in ww2 and had to be considered.

Proposal for Solution:

Hypotermia could be expressed in the same way as redout and blackout, but with other color fex. blue.

Lack of oxygen could be expressed by fex. sluggish control but with some extra indication towards it
(hard to notice - and players might not figure it out)

Keep it real - Respect http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Br, Eetu

XyZspineZyX
08-21-2003, 05:18 PM
I guess not. too complicated and most of all, this did not contribute much to the skills of the pilot. "I am experiencing a blueout!" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif come on!!!

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."

XyZspineZyX
08-21-2003, 05:24 PM
no offence, just found it very funny/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."