PDA

View Full Version : Creative Content - General Conversation Megathread

er1cksson
12-27-2019, 02:37 PM
Thought it would be a good idea to have a general conversation megathread where we can discuss the fabulous hard work people are putting into this section without detracting from the actual creative threads.

Good work people. It's so good to see everyone contributing, and fascinating to see how your brains work! Keep it up!

er1cksson
12-27-2019, 02:48 PM
This is the only part of the forum I'm actually going to visit from now on. Positivity all the way ;)

er1cksson
12-27-2019, 07:51 PM
Twitter is a cosplay gold mine! Check out the thread!

DylanH121
01-02-2020, 07:51 AM
So me and a couple of friends are planning on making a Ghost Recon Breakpoint machinima, with cinematic camerawork and voice acted characters and all. The basic premise is that itís basically Breakpointís storyline, except that after the Ghostsí choppers crash, two CIA agents are sent in to find out what happened. Iíll also probably integrate certain cutscenes except dialogue lines will be voiced over/edited to adapt to our story. It will have original ideas as well, but weíre still working out the details and I donít wanna spoil anything. Anyway the reason Iím mentioning this is because Iím curious to know what everyone thinks... Does it sound like something youíd want to watch? Lemme know what you think!

er1cksson
01-02-2020, 10:01 AM
So me and a couple of friends are planning on making a Ghost Recon Breakpoint machinima, with cinematic camerawork and voice acted characters and all. The basic premise is that it’s basically Breakpoint’s storyline, except that after the Ghosts’ choppers crash, two CIA agents are sent in to find out what happened. I’ll also probably integrate certain cutscenes except dialogue lines will be voiced over/edited to adapt to our story. It will have original ideas as well, but we’re still working out the details and I don’t wanna spoil anything. Anyway the reason I’m mentioning this is because I’m curious to know what everyone thinks... Does it sound like something you’d want to watch? Lemme know what you think!

Sounds amazing! I'd watch!

gascan75
01-07-2020, 04:45 PM
So me and a couple of friends are planning on making a Ghost Recon Breakpoint machinima, with cinematic camerawork and voice acted characters and all. The basic premise is that itís basically Breakpointís storyline, except that after the Ghostsí choppers crash, two CIA agents are sent in to find out what happened. Iíll also probably integrate certain cutscenes except dialogue lines will be voiced over/edited to adapt to our story. It will have original ideas as well, but weíre still working out the details and I donít wanna spoil anything. Anyway the reason Iím mentioning this is because Iím curious to know what everyone thinks... Does it sound like something youíd want to watch? Lemme know what you think!
Eh man Iím working on something similar- I mean different story and everything but similar concept.

Iím a pc guy so if you guys are running on pc Iíll certainly see if I can help out. Maybe we can help each other out in our own projects.

Sorry I didnít see this earlier.

DylanH121
01-07-2020, 07:10 PM
Eh man Iím working on something similar- I mean different story and everything but similar concept.

Iím a pc guy so if you guys are running on pc Iíll certainly see if I can help out. Maybe we can help each other out in our own projects.

Sorry I didnít see this earlier.

Unfortunately we're on Xbox One

CrockfordCK
01-07-2020, 09:18 PM
Hit me up Dylan, GT: The Crockford

I play mostly week nights after 6PM PST. I'm all for helping the community make this kind of content, but don't expect me to direct, or voice act. :P

DylanH121
01-07-2020, 10:37 PM
Hit me up Dylan, GT: The Crockford

I play mostly week nights after 6PM PST. I'm all for helping the community make this kind of content, but don't expect me to direct, or voice act. :P

Well, I'm writing and directing, and voicing one of the main characters, and my friend is the voice of our second main character. We also have someone who's going to do our camera shots with photo mode (who also happens to know a lot about cinematics and stuff). The only help we need is someone to be the actor and voice actor of a third main character, so that doesn't leave you with much.

Speaking of which, if anyone who plays Breakpoint on Xbox would like to be an actor for a main role, feel free to message me on Xbox. GT: DylanH121

CrockfordCK
01-07-2020, 11:16 PM
Like I said, I'm always willing to help out, so if you need an extra body, I'm game. But when it comes to voice acting... I prefer the role of the "Strong, silent, type." I'll participate in dialogue if you need it. :) (My girlfriend says I sound like Kermit the frog... :( )

smilecry
01-09-2020, 10:05 AM
Well, I'm writing and directing, and voicing one of the main characters, and my friend is the voice of our second main character. We also have someone who's going to do our camera shots with photo mode (who also happens to know a lot about cinematics and stuff). The only help we need is someone to be the actor and voice actor of a third main character, so that doesn't leave you with much.

Speaking of which, if anyone who plays Breakpoint on Xbox would like to be an actor for a main role, feel free to message me on Xbox. GT: DylanH121

Willing to voice act if needed as I do voice acting for these films and will also get into character would just need a general outline of personality and or temperament as well as vocal base meaning deep, deeper etc.
voice acting examples:

https://youtu.be/Hawc9XdoXnE

https://youtu.be/Xxe8PQk8wsI

did some of the russians voices.

Steven527
01-21-2020, 04:38 AM
Does it sound like something youíd want to watch? Lemme know what you think!

Absolutely, hell I am using the existing missions and just changing what they are a part of. I don't need to worry about dialogue, but would love to see what you can do. Good luck, at least with still shots I can redo and edit as I please.

DylanH121
02-02-2020, 04:00 AM
Unfortunately, due to complications with the people I was going to do this with, we are cancelling the Breakpoint machinima we've been planning. We might go back to it in the future, but it's not likely. Just thought I'd let people know in case anyone was interested.

gascan75
02-02-2020, 02:28 PM
Unfortunately, due to complications with the people I was going to do this with, we are cancelling the Breakpoint machinima we've been planning. We might go back to it in the future, but it's not likely. Just thought I'd let people know in case anyone was interested.

Itís too bad. I had similar issues and then found it was near impossible to recruit assistance in a consistent way. BlueAI has offered to support to his credit- but he and his associates are on the other side of the world so timing is just impractical for continued work so I had to settle for shooting all the content and creating a story that was generally limited to a single person.

Really sorry to hear your project dropped man.

gascan75
03-14-2020, 06:35 AM
Community content Megathread without a peep in over a month. Wonder why?

CrockfordCK
03-14-2020, 06:25 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it may have something to do with Ubi aiming this product at the "viral" community. Something flashy that no one real cares about, they just spam a like and move on. No real longevity or depth to it.

gascan75
03-14-2020, 07:11 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it may have something to do with Ubi aiming this product at the "viral" community. Something flashy that no one real cares about, they just spam a like and move on. No real longevity or depth to it.

Yeah sounds about right.

Wolfassassin240
03-29-2020, 08:15 AM

Oooh id be down to watch this. If you need another dude you can shoot me an invite over xbox. Can play as a stranded Ghost or another CIA guy.

gascan75
04-01-2020, 02:58 PM
Oooh id be down to watch this. If you need another dude you can shoot me an invite over xbox. Can play as a stranded Ghost or another CIA guy.

Unfortunately probably not going to happen.

nicholasorion
05-19-2020, 03:34 AM
Is there a way to slow down the speed of the camera when in photo mode on the PC for Ghost Recon: Breakpoint? I would like to make some Breakpoint videos and use the photo mode camera in-game but I've found the speed of it when moving around to be too fast. Maybe there's a setting I'm unaware of or a command to slow it down? Thank you in advance!

CrockfordCK
05-19-2020, 06:13 PM
There is not a setting for the speed.
If you have a game controller, the joysticks allow for variable input levels. With a little practice you could use one for this purpose.

gascan75
05-19-2020, 07:40 PM
Is there a way to slow down the speed of the camera when in photo mode on the PC for Ghost Recon: Breakpoint? I would like to make some Breakpoint videos and use the photo mode camera in-game but I've found the speed of it when moving around to be too fast. Maybe there's a setting I'm unaware of or a command to slow it down? Thank you in advance!

There isn't a formal button press that you can use to slow it down. What I did find is that if you extend the camera reach as far as possible and maintain a directional keypress against the boundary you reached, then use the mouse, looking left or right depending on the direction you want to go... the further left or right (or up and down, depending on which boundary you hit) that you move the mouse, the faster or slower you will go. It's tough to describe... I'll link to a couple videos where I do this to great effect (mostly at the intros) and you can see how I use a combination of the keypresses against the boundary using the mouse to control speed against it. It's pretty slick but you have to plan out your shots carefully.

https://youtu.be/lJuWnaXskO4

https://youtu.be/FBGDi1MfKHc