PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in crafting page in accounting page

HMMTURBO
12-23-2019, 02:33 PM
This happens during the "forced" tutorial of crafting.
Steps to hit this issue:
1. Go to Accounting book (anywhere, homestead or shops)
2. The control automatically goes to crafting
3. Press A as prompted
4. Now when trying to craft barrels, it says "inventory full" (i may have crafted barrels earlier, somehow the game allowed me to do that without the tutorial)
Cannot progress any further from this point
None of the buttons respond
Cannot exit from the menu, so have to restart the game.

I call this a game breaking bug, because it prevents me from progressing in the game

I can share a video if needed

Ubi-Swaggins
12-23-2019, 06:16 PM
Hey HMMTURBO,

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to proceed beyond this menu.

If you have a video, I can pass it along.

If you reset your game back to the beginning and use a new save slot, does the issue carry on?

HMMTURBO
12-26-2019, 06:32 PM
Hi Ubi-Swaggins, how would you suggest I share the video? Should I upload it somewhere and share the link (is there any suggested location?) Or should send it in a mail or something?

And regarding your other question, I haven't tried this in a new save slot or resetting, as I have already played more than half the game in the slot where I am having the issue and don't want to replay it all over again

Ubi-Ginge
12-31-2019, 11:39 AM
Sorry for our delay in replying HMMTURBO

If you can upload the footage to youtube (Unlilsted if you wish) then post a link to it here on the forums, that would be awesome

HMMTURBO
12-31-2019, 02:36 PM
Hi Ubi-Ginge

This is the youtube link - https://youtu.be/C3NhE97ugHU

Once I hit the issue, none of the gamepad keys do anything and I have to close the game and restart

Ubi-Ginge
12-31-2019, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the footage HMMTURBO

Are you able to visit a store and sell the barrels that you currently have in your inventory?
If you do this, are you able to progress?

HMMTURBO
01-08-2020, 10:31 AM
Hi Ubi-Ginge,

Apologies for the late reply, I didn't get a chance to play again until yesterday.

Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't work as such, but I was able to work my way to a solution from your suggestion.

The basic problem was that due to the 'tutorial' which comes up when opening accounting book, I was not able to progress since I couldn't complete the tutorial

I was not able to sell crafted goods or stockpile goods directly at shops so I couldn't use your suggestion as such - but when you talk to a shopkeeper, there is an option to go to the accounting book when you are on the buy/sell screen. If you open accounting in this way, the crafting tutorial doesn't come up - which means that I am able to sell the crafted barrels using a convoy on the trading page.

Once this is done, I exit the accounting page, then go back to the accounting again but this time using the accounting book directly triggering the crafting tutorial. Since I am able to craft more barrels now, I am able to complete the tutorial and move on.

I believe that I may have crafted the barrels earlier without the tutorial when I have moved to the accounting page from the buy/sell screen.

I wouldn't call this a game breaking bug anymore since there is a way to exit from the situation which causes this issue, but still it is an annoyance if a player hits this issue and has to force restart the entire game

UbiDork
01-27-2020, 02:54 AM
HMMTURBO: Thanks for sharing that with us! I really appreciate the added detail!