PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Pedals....

Bearcat99
02-12-2007, 07:08 AM
Just got a set over the weekend... havent had a lot of stick time.. but what I did manage to eke out was pretty impressive. They seem smoother than the CHs... I think my CHs were beginning to spike... I also like the wider stance and the tension adjustment..... Very smooth response went in with no problems... Of course the SST software is great as usual.. Overall I am happy with my purchase and will now retire my CH pedals.

DEY_RAVEN_UK
02-12-2007, 07:42 AM
I also have the saitek pedals and im very impressed with the quality.

Din't realise how hard it was to get used to using them as i always used the twist on my joystick. Now i wouldnt fly without them

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-12-2007, 07:45 AM
I've used CH Pro Pedals USB since they were introduced and still rockin' with the same set. It's good to know there's a good alternative should I ever need them though (Simpeds just seem too pricey to justify the cost).

TB

PBNA-Boosher
02-12-2007, 08:08 AM
My CH Pro pedals USB at home are **** now. The axes are off and I have to push down on the bottom of the pedals when I DON'T want to use the brakes. I've got my twisty joystick now... a Sidewinder Precision 2 that I've had since the original IL2. I just have to wait until it gets here.

BrotherVoodoo
02-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Welcome to the club Bearcat. I also love my Pro Pedals from Saitek. Let me know if you need any help with the toe brakes setup. There is a cool trick to get them both to work.
I still owe you all a review...

S!

Bearcat99
02-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
I've used CH Pro Pedals USB since they were introduced and still rockin' with the same set. It's good to know there's a good alternative should I ever need them though (Simpeds just seem too pricey to justify the cost).
TB

Yes...and I was impatient so I went to CUSA .. I could have gotten them online for $130.. but I paid $149 in the store.. plus I got the product replacement plan. IMO that is a good thing to do when buying this stuff from the store.. that way in 2 years I can just get a new set.... I look at those plans more as upgrade plans.. especially for things like printers. You can pretty much gaurantee that the $150 printer you buy today wont be as good as the $150 printer you will get in 2 years.

The pedals are pretty good.. and like you said... it is nice to have another option. I would like to see them a little cheaper.. and I imagine that soon they will be in the recon store... but IMO even at the price I paid they are worth it.... LMAO.. this from a guy who balked at spending $50 for a joystick 6 years ago.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

archermav
02-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I've just bought a set of these pedals, for those in the UK they are 99 at PC World (but ask for the staff 10% discount, bit cheeky but worked for me ).

Having never used pedals before, these coupled with my new TIR make a huge difference- I can even manage a few hits on line.

What exactly can the SST programming do? I use the throttle from an X 52 with a FFB2 stick but have never used the SST, am I missing out on something?

PB0_shadow
02-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Have them too.
They tend to slip on my floor. Need to find a better setting...

well, might move to another apartment if it doesn't work....

archermav
02-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Mine slipped, so put a sheet of non slip "magic" underneath and hey presto!

Not sure where you are, if you are in UK they sell it in poundland.

BirdieNum-nums
02-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by BrotherVoodoo:
Welcome to the club Bearcat. I also love my Pro Pedals from Saitek. Let me know if you need any help with the toe brakes setup. There is a cool trick to get them both to work.
I still owe you all a review...

S!

Uh gee Voodoo, I'll bite! I can only get my left pedal to activate the brake. How do you get both to work the brakes?

I bought my Saitek pedals 1 month ago, and I absolutely LOVE them. I can't believe I ever flew without them. So much smoother than using a 'twisty' stick. Tracking a target is way easier, but only AFTER you've passed the learning curve, as you have to 'retrain' your brain to use pedals. Unless of course, you're a real life pilot.

For those with problems with the pedals sliding. I just plonk mine on the floor, with the back againt the wall, so the pedals don't have anywhere to slide. Just move your computer desk/table/horse/ against the wall to accomodate this sort of setup. It's a no brainer.

Cheers,
Birdie Num-nums

BrotherVoodoo
02-12-2007, 06:19 PM
...Go into your il2 root dir /user/doe and open the settings file. Find your toebrake entry and add another line for the other toe axis. Mine looks like:
AXE_X JoystickDevice2=brakes
AXE_Y JoystickDevice2=brakes

Bearcat99
02-12-2007, 06:27 PM
That will probably work with CH pedals too.

x6BL_Brando
02-12-2007, 06:29 PM
@ Boosher

With new pots at less than ten dollars apiece I'm surprised you don't just fix them up. New springs are also just a couple of dollars.
Mine are four years old and didn't need maintenance yet; still centred & smooth, I've only once had to rejoin a broken toe-brake wire, and otherwise all is well.

B.

My CH Pro pedals USB at home are **** now. The axes are off and I have to push down on the bottom of the pedals when I DON'T want to use the brakes. I've got my twisty joystick now... a Sidewinder Precision 2 that I've had since the original IL2. I just have to wait until it gets here.