PDA

View Full Version : PS3 RSV is ****-thanks UNIB(not)

ps3RSV
06-27-2007, 08:28 PM
I thought we, ps3 owners, could finally have a decent GAme from unib that wasnt just another **** 360 port..But sadlly that is not the case...im really dessapointed and as a costumer i feel very unsitesfied http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/799/799830p1.html

THis is IGN review ....

But well any way THANK YOU http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Leafs13
06-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Im assuming you havent played the game yet, you're basing it all on one review? go read what everybody who has the game thinks on www.gamespot.com...if (http://www.gamespot.com...if) you feel this way, you might want to change your name doofus

ps3RSV
06-27-2007, 09:13 PM
i know havent play the game yet.....but i just read what ign said and i just wanted unibsof to know.....Pleas

xKilrBe3x
06-27-2007, 09:15 PM
I think Ubi can find out on there own http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Go try the game before you judge Ubi on how they make their games...

danfoz
06-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Turn your frown upside down sport, the game got a rating of GREAT and I bet you'll have a lot of fun playing it. And if ya really need a reason to cheer up, listen to many of the 360 folks complaining about having to shell out the extra 20 bucks for the new maps.

And just an fyi, "customers" are peeps who already bought the game.

Chase2020
06-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah well, he should count himself lucky. I bought the game today, after months of playing the demo on my 360 but deciding to hold off and wait to get the PS3 version (only to be made to wait longer and longer) I finally went and got it today. I was so pleased on the car ride home thinking that because of all the months extra Ubi spent on this game after the initial realese date it would be a polished game and not a crappy xbox port like they are known for. I couldn't wait to dive into this game and was soo happy to see developers spending the extra time needed to make a game a good final product.

The game is awful. Well thats not exactly true, the gameplay is solid, just as it was on the 360. Graphically it looks like vomit, I don't just mean that in a "when compared to some games " sense. I won't even compare it to the 360 version (which looks great), it would be more accurate to compare it to an original Xbox title.

I am extreamly disappointed, I feel incredibly cheated, I just paid $60 to gamestop to get what is the equivalent of an xbox title and now no mater how much I wish I could I can not return it. I'm very upset and dissapointed and in all honisty will be calling ubi tomarow to try and convince them to give me my money back.

I'm not obsessed with graphics here, resistance is a graphically unimpressive game but one of the best games I've ever played, I still play it almost every day...resistance makes this game look like a PS1 title. Its very difficult to go from playing a next gen game to playing a game where the textures look like a pixilated pile of dung.

If you have an SD TV perhaps this game will look fine, but if you are like me and have an HDTV, don't buy this game.

This game has me thinking that buying Assassins Creed (a game I was incredibly excited about) is a horrible idea.

Pissed as ****, don't buy this game.

TW_Night_Fox
06-28-2007, 11:06 AM
FYI, it's Ubisoft not UNIB.

Leafs13
06-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Chase2020, I think I have the solution to your problem...this game for some reason looks reaaallly bad and blurry when its set to 1080i, apparently since Im going to get the game today I have heard that on 720p it looks much much sharper, you change the settings in the ps3's display option...hope that helped you out since I also like nice graphics.

HeisenbergFX4
06-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I play on a 57" 1080P DLP and once you tweak the settings a little I think the game looks very good. Like the above poster mentioned be sure to turn your PS3 to 720P and it will look alot better then 1080I.

Only 2 real complaints I have are the lobby system and would have loved to have seen a push to talk system.

The lobby system gripe is pretty self explanitory, would have been nice to find friends a little easier but no big deal.

The push to talk comes in to play when on more then one occasion I have already had to leave rooms mainly becuase people dont know their broadcasting it would seem.

Like one guy having an appearant cold and sneezing for 5 straight minutes. Or another having what sounded like a childs slumber party.

Other than that I love the gameplay and can see myself playing this game for quite sometime.

INcowboy
06-28-2007, 12:06 PM
The upscaling to 1080p is terrible if you force the PS3 to play at 720p it looks 100% better.

StaggeringWind
06-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by INcowboy:
The upscaling to 1080p is terrible if you force the PS3 to play at 720p it looks 100% better.
Yeah, but you still have to FORCE the PS3 into 720p every time you play RSV. That's just pathetic. They should have released it with the "1080" mode disabled and then patched it back in later when they have resolved this issue (if they even plan too!)

Chase2020
06-28-2007, 08:51 PM
its pathetic and gimps the ps3 on everything else unless you reset it, but that asside I read that some time ago and have been running it on 720...still ****.

Buckeye614
06-29-2007, 09:47 AM
does usb mics work for RSV or only bluetooth??

dr_kalishnikov
06-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Just a friendly bump from the PS 3 community.

Ubisoft, don't let our complaints fall on deaf ears. In this day and age of connectivity and communication, large-scale boycotts are fairly easy to pull off...

SharpShooter188
06-29-2007, 06:34 PM
your sarcastic thanks (NOT) old school zinger insult was truly a crushing blow ubisoft. im sure theyll think twice not to do that again!

???

lorik2007
06-30-2007, 08:20 AM
i just hope ubisoft releases a patch ,fixing graphical glitch in 720p and not 1080i.
The graphics are so black so NOT good for waiting 6 frigin months and getting this **** ,im a very unsatisfied customer this far

davesurfer
07-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by reade17:
Im assuming you havent played the game yet, you're basing it all on one review? go read what everybody who has the game thinks on www.gamespot.com...if (http://www.gamespot.com...if) you feel this way, you might want to change your name doofus

Read what everyone who has spent time online are saying. It is seriously glitched. It is really fun when not hitting one of the list of issues listed on the sticky. Problem is, you only get a few good games before glitches start

bishopazrael
07-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by dr_kalishnikov:
Ubisoft, don't let our complaints fall on deaf ears. In this day and age of connectivity and communication, large-scale boycotts are fairly easy to pull off...

Wait... did you.. did he just say.. ........ boycott?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Dude... do you know where you are? You're in Ubi fanboi central! Nobody here will dare do sucha thing! Holy ****! Dont you know that 90% of the guys here are giving Ubi reacharounds?

I'm all for a boycott at this point but you wont ever get one to work.. I mean.. really work. Most people will just continue to buy the **** ubi pushes up our collective anus'. They know it. Look at how many petitions and "boycotts" they've tried to do in just this forum alone. More than 10, less than 20.

But more power to you.

WhisperXBA
07-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Despite a few quirks, RSV is my favourite xbox (1 or 360) of all time. So there.

As for PS3, screw you guys, I wish nothing but pain and misery on you.

Mr.Hanky2005
07-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Whisper, be nice.

Infidel_Zaid
07-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Honestly it may be a port from the 360. Just like every other Tom Clancy Title. But it looks around about the same game. Which is a good thing espically since tom clancy games always SUCKED on PS2 or even on the PS3 until now