PDA

View Full Version : Year 4 Is getting two heroes....from what factions?

Windwaker919
12-13-2019, 02:12 AM
Can the knights get both of the two new heroes? Since there is two romans and maybe you could replace those romans with true knights and make a different faction?

Also what does two sides mean???
Europeans vs Asians? (West vs east)
By the water factions (Vikings and samurai) vs landmass factions (Knights and Wulin)?
The originals vs Marching Fire (Vikings and samurai and knights vs Wulin invasion)?
Cool voice lines vs annoying voice lines (Knights and samurai vs vikings and Wulin)?

WolfenTank
12-13-2019, 02:30 AM
Perhaps 2 WU Lin so every faction has 7 heroes.
Then again the 2 hands on the image are probably a knight and a viking.
Lastly, only 2 new heroes will leave the other 2 remaining factions hungry.
Curios to see how they handle this.

Hormly
12-13-2019, 02:52 AM
Probably a new concept entirely, perhaps who's really pulling the strings

Wulfbane_
12-13-2019, 02:57 AM
the 2 new heroes beter be fkin vanguards, tired of only 4 options :p

ballon009
12-13-2019, 04:05 AM
I am gonna hope it is 2 heroes that I made a petition for, a year ago?

I hope it is death knight, or Hoplite. Those are sick

xX_The_B_Dur_Xx
12-13-2019, 05:31 AM
Lol.

The 2 new heroes will be Wu Lin.

The teaser they give for year 4 is that it will expand on the story, which seems like a hint at the Wu Lin joining the faction war and the campaign getting a chapter 4 perhaps?

For honor will end with 7 heroes in each faction, and For Honor 2 will launch sometime after the next gen consoles next year, with 4 new heroes. A 2nd vanguard for all 4 factions.

Vendelkin
12-13-2019, 05:34 AM
Lol.

The 2 new heroes will be Wu Lin.

The teaser they give for year 4 is that it will expand on the story, which seems like a hint at the Wu Lin joining the faction war and the campaign getting a chapter 4 perhaps?

For honor will end with 7 heroes in each faction, and For Honor 2 will launch sometime after the next gen consoles next year, with 4 new heroes. A 2nd vanguard for all 4 factions.

That was similar to my guess

xX_The_B_Dur_Xx
12-13-2019, 05:39 AM
I secretly think Mr. Pope and Damien Kieken are working on For Honor still, just not the For Honor we know lol.

atac56
12-13-2019, 05:55 AM
the 2 new heroes should be Wu Lin to balance everything...BUT given the amount of Black Prior's on the poster its safe to assume that the new characters will just be more Black Prior's

Vakris_One
12-13-2019, 05:33 PM
Devs vs The Players. Elon Musk as the anouncer.

papa_joseph1
12-13-2019, 11:19 PM
Perhaps 2 WU Lin so every faction has 7 heroes.
Then again the 2 hands on the image are probably a knight and a viking.
Lastly, only 2 new heroes will leave the other 2 remaining factions hungry.
Curios to see how they handle this.

That poster has nothing to do with the new heroes, the gloved hand is Apolyoenns model, the gauntlet is the stock law bringer arms part.

UbiYubble
12-14-2019, 03:25 AM
If we told you who they were, that would ruin the fun of speculation! :D

Frozty85
12-14-2019, 02:56 PM
Either it is 2 knights or 2 wu-lin.
wu-lin needs it alot more as it only has 5 heroes in total and are missing 2 to match the other 3 factions, but knights has not recived any new " european style knights" AT ALL.
cent and glad are roman empire and allso feels out of time, BP can fit but allso dont realy fit.
It would be better if thouse 3 was removed from knight and was made into a 5th faction.

rottmeister
12-14-2019, 03:06 PM
If we told you who they were, that would ruin the fun of speculation! :D
Eh I don't like surprises, so you can just tell me :P

MessirePhilippe
12-14-2019, 04:44 PM
^^

Knight_Raime
12-14-2019, 05:08 PM
My perspective given what we've seen with both art pieces and their dialogue with the year 4 reveal:

Factions are going away...kind of. We will have two sides to pick between. they could be a marriage of two factions (say knights/vikings and samurai/wulin) or individual heros from each faction belonging to these two new factions. The two hero's themselves can only be two options in my mind. Either they're going to be true hybrids of factions (aka that hero tease looking like knight and viking) or they will be adjacent to a faction but not really one. (think romans not being actual knights or the highlander not being a viking) So two heros you "could" call from wu-lin but are not actually from the faction itself.

Both hero's are meant to arrive within the games narrative as it makes sense. Which can mean a lot of things. Them being leaders of each new faction as they rise to power in the year. as an exampel. The faction war changing drastically makes sense considering how most people don't particularly care about it currently. Giving us some actual meaning to choosing a side and having it be between two super factions potentially creates not only new interest in the faction war but potentially allows them to do nutty things like have previous faction maps be "taken over" by another faction. So you can see in the map this sort of process. Basically allowing them to recycle current maps to either have purely visual changes or a few game play specific changes. But not having to entirely create a new map from scratch.

Cross faction as a concept could potentially also mean new armor for heros that take bits and pieces design wise from multiple factions. Like a knight with skulls on a belt slinged across his chest. Or Samurai using actual metal armor pieces. etc.

WolfenTank
12-14-2019, 06:53 PM
It would actually be a smart idea to have 2 major factions of which the current 4 factions are divided under. That way the Vikings (even tho I am one) won't win the faction war all the time as the majority of players are in this team.

rottmeister
12-14-2019, 07:13 PM
@Knight_Raime
I actually think the "removal" of factions would go differently.

Rather than *this faction* teams up with *that faction* I think it will be a lot broader.

I have a feeling that if a new system were to be put in place, the characters themselves would choose the side they're on, rather than the entire faction. Look at black prior and peacekeeper. You can't tell me they want the same thing.

So I have a feeling that it will be a war of ideas. Most likely a war vs peace type situation. I say this because the promotion art strongly hints at it:

On the left you have 2 edgy looking BP's, a Hitokiri (an executioner that just knows how to kill) and a Zhanhu (She works for the empress... maybe the empress might be one of the 2 pulling the strings? 🤔 )

On the right you have a Kensei (pretty honorable dude), a Tiandi (fled China during the cataclysm, probably looking for a place to settle along with the other Wu Lin), a white Raider (?), a knightly looking BP and a heavenly looking Warden.

So I think that if the faction war does get simplified. This would be the way to go. Every character could team up with every other character and it would work lorewise. Now having a Shaman in a near all knight group would make sense as they would be fighting for the same cause.

It would open up even more "cross faction" armor rather than "yeah the Vikings and Samurai are now teaming up for no reason so they can share armor."

Now my last point, why I don't think they'd shove 1 faction together with another: It's because that would disallow new factions to join the battlefield without making the other group look like they're at an insane disadvantage until another faction joins.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

EvoX.
12-14-2019, 07:18 PM
I really hope they're not two Wu Lin...

Don't care at all what they do with factions. They could remove the map and its ''battles'' plus campaigns entirely, they could add 5 new ones they could merge them, whatever. Most worthless feature in the game. Hopefully they don't overfocus on this and spend too much resources which can be used on way more important aspects of the game.

Knight_Raime
12-14-2019, 07:49 PM
@Knight_Raime
I actually think the "removal" of factions would go differently.

Rather than *this faction* teams up with *that faction* I think it will be a lot broader.

I have a feeling that if a new system were to be put in place, the characters themselves would choose the side they're on, rather than the entire faction. Look at black prior and peacekeeper. You can't tell me they want the same thing.

So I have a feeling that it will be a war of ideas. Most likely a war vs peace type situation. I say this because the promotion art strongly hints at it:

On the left you have 2 edgy looking BP's, a Hitokiri (an executioner that just knows how to kill) and a Zhanhu (She works for the empress... maybe the empress might be one of the 2 pulling the strings? �� )

On the right you have a Kensei (pretty honorable dude), a Tiandi (fled China during the cataclysm, probably looking for a place to settle along with the other Wu Lin), a white Raider (?), a knightly looking BP and a heavenly looking Warden.

So I think that if the faction war does get simplified. This would be the way to go. Every character could team up with every other character and it would work lorewise. Now having a Shaman in a near all knight group would make sense as they would be fighting for the same cause.

It would open up even more "cross faction" armor rather than "yeah the Vikings and Samurai are now teaming up for no reason so they can share armor."

Now my last point, why I don't think they'd shove 1 faction together with another: It's because that would disallow new factions to join the battlefield without making the other group look like they're at an insane disadvantage until another faction joins.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

I did state in my post that the two new super factions could come about by either marrying two current factions together OR having each individual hero choose which side they want to fight for.
And I think that's kind of the point. Making the super factions about vague concepts rather than specific things like vikings allows them to add in more interesting heros without needing to justify via a whole new faction. Like having middle eastern warriors as an example. Or the forums favorite of "pirate" theme.

WolfenTank
12-14-2019, 08:43 PM
Pirates would be so out of character for For Honor. It's like chivalry deadliest warrior with knights, samurai, ninja's, vikings, spartans and pirates.