PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Saves?

Anicrow
12-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Well the game has been great and I enjoyed playing it, I let my friend play a while back and finally went to pick it up.

Needless to say I'm not starting over in Damascus again. I took my time and did every little mission and sub job and it's very very irritating for me to sit here and think that I'm never going to sit here and see the end of this game due to the fact that I have a life and can't dedicate that much time to **** I've already done.

Great way to ruin a Great Game otherwise, Two points here ubisoft.

Oh well. It was a fun 4 years of anticipation.

Wolfgare
12-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Man, that sucks. How far were you into the game?

Anicrow
12-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Six Assassinations.....

Redfeather1975
12-18-2007, 02:09 AM
The save system is really no fun.
If I want to go back and do a certain part again for fun, I have to start the whole block from scratch again.
I have actually turned the game on, with intent to try something new on a certain part, and once realizing I had to do all these little parts over again to reach that part I'd shut the game off. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
Replay suffers from the save design.

hyper1979
12-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Saving does SUCK in AC, if I have to start the entire game over to hit a spot I missed. I can say I will never finish the game then!

I had played one area of the map several times before the save took me to a new location? To me saving at any point and being able to back up to a saved point are a must for a good game to be great!

Dragoon13063
12-18-2007, 04:18 PM
well that sucks for you man...hope you can eventually beat the game....at least after you beat the game you can go back and replay memories EH?

Paladin_1962
12-19-2007, 04:46 PM
That routine gets very old very fast.

Having to restart at Maysaf every time and listen through the same dialogue and run down the same path in the same village to get to the same horse to ride to the same point in order to 'fast travel' to Jerusalem, Damascus, Acre, or the Kingdom...well, quite frankly - that has become so tiresome to me that I simply don't care about playing the game anymore.

If I want to start in Acre to search for flags, or start in Jerusalem because there's one high vantage point I've yet to climb then I should be able to start there, without having to go through all the above mentioned nonsense. To have to endure that time after time is the sign of a flawed game, in my estimation.

If Ubisoft doesn't fix this glaring problem for the next game, or release a patch for this game whereby you can save/start your game from wherever you want then I won't be wasting money on the next title.

This whole issue with how this game saves and starts all over from specific spots all but ruins this game for me.

Herbert22389
12-19-2007, 05:01 PM
glaring problem for the next game, or release a patch for this game whereby you can save/start your game from wherever you want then I won't be wasting

It's pretty much an xbox thing - you need to create another profile for everyone who plays on your machine, & make sure they play on their own account. Having several saved games on older systems was good, this takes some getting used to.

Paladin_1962
12-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Herbert22389:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">glaring problem for the next game, or release a patch for this game whereby you can save/start your game from wherever you want then I won't be wasting

It's pretty much an xbox thing - you need to create another profile for everyone who plays on your machine, & make sure they play on their own account. Having several saved games on older systems was good, this takes some getting used to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Friend, that's not what I'm referring to. I'm the only one playing on my Xbox 360 under my own profile. This is not an Xbox 360 thing, as there are many games that allow you to save wherever you are, and you can stop the game, and restart it at the exact spot, with nothing lost.

This is a design issue with this game, or any other that behaves in this manner.

If I had other people playing the same game I play on my machine I would 'NEVER' let them play under my profile; I would have them create their own profile and do whatever they wanted.

Herbert22389
12-19-2007, 05:35 PM
strange... mine saves whenever I complete an objective (viewpoint/ppocket/save citizen/etc). I'm using a hard drive whatever that's worth.

Paladin_1962
12-19-2007, 06:22 PM
strange... mine saves whenever I complete an objective (viewpoint/ppocket/save citizen/etc). I'm using a hard drive whatever that's worth.

Yes, so does mine, and every one else. You're missing the point, and I think that point has been explained clearly enough already.

Herbert22389
12-19-2007, 06:40 PM
"Yes, so does mine, and every one else. You're missing the point, and I think that point has been explained clearly enough already."

Is your real name Richard? I hope you don't mind if I call you ****.

Herbert22389
12-19-2007, 06:41 PM
D!CK

Paladin_1962
12-19-2007, 06:43 PM
D!CK

Your comments are rude and offensive, and a personal attack.

I'm reporting this to the Forum Admins to take action.

Herbert22389
12-19-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm sorry you find my comments offensive Richard. Perhaps you should look in the mirror.

Kettle/Black thing ya know.

Paladin_1962
12-19-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm sorry you find my comments offensive Richard. Perhaps you should look in the mirror.

Kettle/Black thing ya know.

Dig your hole deeper and deeper. We'll see what the Admins have to say about your behaviour.

Tiberius135
12-19-2007, 07:07 PM
lol As funny as this is to watch. Herb I think Paladin is saying that whenever he loads the game it takes him to Masyaf and he has to listen to the fella tell him the same thing over every time he wants to play (I think Paladin, you're referring to the closest save to the end so that you can have all the weapons? Which is probably irrelevant but oh well) It does get annoying that you have to listen to Al Mualim talk for ages and then what Paladin has already stated before you actually get to play.

Herbert22389
12-19-2007, 07:17 PM
in one of my profiles' games (the one that's further) whenever I go to "Kingdom" it gives me a list of places to go - the other one doesn't - I have to ride the horse to each individual city.

OTOH, in the game that I'm farther I've hit a brick wall. All objectives have been cleared from the Map screen, yet it says 2 of 6, or 0 of 6 have been completed.

Tiberius135
12-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Yea, you have to get to a certain point to unlock fast travel like after you're first assassination you have to run to Al Mualim wheras with the other you can fast travel.

As for your other problem I have no clue.

Herbert22389
12-19-2007, 07:22 PM
How do you restart a block? TIA

Originally posted by Redfeather1975:
The save system is really no fun.
If I want to go back and do a certain part again for fun, I have to start the whole block from scratch again.
I have actually turned the game on, with intent to try something new on a certain part, and once realizing I had to do all these little parts over again to reach that part I'd shut the game off. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
Replay suffers from the save design.

Herbert22389
12-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks anyway, apparently no one else does either. o'well!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Tiberius135:
Yea, you have to get to a certain point to unlock fast travel like after you're first assassination you have to run to Al Mualim wheras with the other you can fast travel.

As for your other problem I have no clue.

aj03
12-19-2007, 07:27 PM
i hate that u cant save better then this ....crappy way....i hope 2 improves!!!

-----------------------------------------
please view
1191AD Historical Realism:Man on the Moon (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pu5cLxWzWE)

Paladin_1962
12-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Tiberius135:
lol As funny as this is to watch. Herb I think Paladin is saying that whenever he loads the game it takes him to Masyaf and he has to listen to the fella tell him the same thing over every time he wants to play (I think Paladin, you're referring to the closest save to the end so that you can have all the weapons? Which is probably irrelevant but oh well) It does get annoying that you have to listen to Al Mualim talk for ages and then what Paladin has already stated before you actually get to play.

Precisely. After finishing the game ... if you want to reply a memory block (# 6, for instance) ...in order to try and have 'fun' exploring the Kingdom, or any City to get the remainder of the flags, or kill more Templars...you are forced to start at Masayf, and ...on and on.

Tiberius135
12-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah, that frustrates me because he prattles on for ages so I normally go do something for a while then come back.

michaelruiz
12-20-2007, 06:53 PM
I REALLY HATE THAT I CAN'T SAVE MY PROGRESS WHERE I WANT TOO!!!!!

I can't believe that the developers would actually put this out like this!!!!! Everything about the game is pretty good but this just makes it suck @55.

If you're a developer reading this: I suggest you fix this with an update; cause it is really a pain in the butt to play for several hours and then have to repeat a bunch of **** because it wasn't saved.

I HATE YOU - who ever it was that thought this "feature" was acceptible.

-M

Anicrow
12-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by michaelruiz:
I REALLY HATE THAT I CAN'T SAVE MY PROGRESS WHERE I WANT TOO!!!!!

I can't believe that the developers would actually put this out like this!!!!! Everything about the game is pretty good but this just makes it suck @55.

If you're a developer reading this: I suggest you fix this with an update; cause it is really a pain in the butt to play for several hours and then have to repeat a bunch of **** because it wasn't saved.

I HATE YOU - who ever it was that thought this "feature" was acceptible.

-M

I'd also like to Cite the Hitman series here....I'm sure a few people know what I'm talking about..